Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
IDK where I fall on the spectrum.

I threw a big fit when I learned about puberty and how I was going to go through menstruation and developing breasts and I was scared and wanted to be a boy instead because they didn't have to go though that.

The way I type seems like a shitpost but it's true, I really did go through those feelings of what I wanted for my life at 12 years old. Puberty is difficult.

I'm a Cis het woman, I think. I like dudes or male presenting people. I'd like to get the F46 reduced a bit because ow, my back, but other than that I'm comfortable in my skin now.

I feel wrong even saying I'm an ally, because maybe I'm not? I don't identify as Trans, but I am...me. Non-binary probably.

It's definitely wrong that that legislation can remove your rights as a person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Anyway be proud of who you are

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Driving with my family to a steak house way out in the sticks earlier and out of nowhere, a rainbow appears in the clouds. It hasn’t rained recently and the clouds were only wispy, but it made me think of our close longtime gay family friend who lost his life to a stroke in 2005. Coincidentally, his birthday is tomorrow during pride month.

Happy birthday, Albert :unsmith:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
All girls are a little bit lesbian is a real thing someone has said to me.

If they want to do that they should! He'll yeah, go for it!

But I'm not interested. Thanks for asking tho!

My husband is bi

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Sorry I'm thinking of the negative side.

If I wear my pride clothes am I appropriating gay culture? I have been accused as such.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Long before the Internet, I saw an extremely brief scene in one of the Sonic The Hedgehog cartoons where Sonic was sleeping with his shoes off. I had Feelings About It that 8-year-old me couldn't quite put into words.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Probe me if you must, mods, but that's what knocked me out of the Kinsey 0 slot and slammed the blast doors down behind me forever

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Treecko posted:

If I wear my pride clothes am I appropriating gay culture? I have been accused as such.

cultural appreciation v cultural appropriation is a line maybe, i dunno

fashion is not my strong suit :dadjoke:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

That's one of those things where someone will say you can't and others like me who could care less. People care more about straight people coming into gay safe spaces than what clothes you wear I assure you. Show up, hold hands, it's not complicated.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
They're Target coveralls with rainbow straps.

I'll probably wear them to the splash park Sunday

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I could care less let's play and have fun

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
much like these forums, i too am dead and gay

anyway the zoo nearby is having a pride night on saturday and I'm excited

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

les enfants Terrific! posted:

much like these forums, i too am dead and gay

anyway the zoo nearby is having a pride night on saturday and I'm excited

Another gay penguin wedding. Yes, they’re already wearing tuxedos. We get it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Gender is an infinite spectrum and I intend to gently caress ALL OF IT.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

syntaxfunction posted:

Now THAT'S a mission statement.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Doing the impossible

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
I'm queer as gently caress and I wish for the destruction of my enemies

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

beer gas canister posted:

Be gay do crimes happy pride

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

From a friend: the bear flag contains every natural color of body hair. drat.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

syntaxfunction posted:

Oh good I can sit my disaster bisexual self over by you

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Grey Cat posted:

Idk I'm pretty butch and that thing is hideous. Maybe if you wanted to be a gay pit crew or something.

Gay pit crew sounds awesome though. Might dislodge gay tank crew as best cool crew to be gay with.

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club
Knew I was queer for a fairly long period of time. Really came to fruition in my early 20s when a non-binary person who was on my delivery route asked me out. I wanted to be in a relationship with them so I came out shortly thereafter, didn't want to hide anything and make them feel like they weren't worth it.

Been happier ever since.

Being queer and as masc as I am has given me some weird hang ups - like there's some litmus test in my head where I'm always asking whether I'm enough to be a part of this community. Invariably, people always make me feel welcome as I am.

Relish stealing and binning transphobic and homophobic signs from bigots who protest in front of our legislature on weekends.

Be gay, do crimes, All Cats Are Buddies, happy pride.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Happy Pride from all your nerd allies!

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

Another gay penguin wedding. Yes, they’re already wearing tuxedos. We get it.

We don't even have penguins at our aquarium. I can only dream that the zoo is going to paint the lions rainbow for a literal gay pride

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Treecko posted:

Sorry I'm thinking of the negative side.

Just enjoy rainbows like a normal person, don't worry about it.

Unless you're being performative about it, it's nice enough to see support from others. :3:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Oh yeah for sure, that's how I feel about it. I'm the least preformative person. Some get weird about it tho, idk. Just typing thoughts I guess.

Rainbows kick rear end is all and I'm here for it.

I have an 11 year old who has expressed interest in being Trans and I don't know how to navigate it. Not because I'm against it but because it's kind of a big decision and legislation is getting really scary lately and I feel like I'm walking a very thin line and it's terrifying sometimes.

I just want them to grow up and be a happy person one way or the other, yaknow.

Rambling now, it's a lot to think about.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Like I don't care if you wanna kiss boys or girls, you're 11 you shouldn't be kissing anyone. Go outside and play on the swings and play your minecrafts.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Who you want to pash is really a different matter.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Treecko posted:

Oh yeah for sure, that's how I feel about it. I'm the least preformative person. Some get weird about it tho, idk. Just typing thoughts I guess.

Rainbows kick rear end is all and I'm here for it.

I have an 11 year old who has expressed interest in being Trans and I don't know how to navigate it. Not because I'm against it but because it's kind of a big decision and legislation is getting really scary lately and I feel like I'm walking a very thin line and it's terrifying sometimes.

I just want them to grow up and be a happy person one way or the other, yaknow.

Rambling now, it's a lot to think about.

The best thing you can do is just be there for them and support them as much as possible. I'm not sure where you live but I'm sure there'll be some sort of organisations or charities both locally and nationally who can you both navigate this in the best way. I'm sure there's some goons who might have more information to help? :3:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

when my daughter said she was moving in with her boyfriend i said wait a minute, i thought you liked boobies? she said yeah i still like boobies. then we high fived and said HELL YEAH BOOBIES!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I knew I was trans by the time I was 8, long before I was interested in kissing anyone. didn't stop the other kids figuring it out even earlier, or calling me a fag a whole lot

just support your kid ig, sounds like you're doing great

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

dee eight posted:

when my daughter said she was moving in with her boyfriend i said wait a minute, i thought you liked boobies? she said yeah i still like boobies. then we high fived and said HELL YEAH BOOBIES!

glad you're enjoying this thread

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

glad you're enjoying this thread

tbh, i grew up in the times when racism and homophobia was standard societal fare. my dad and grampa cracked vile jokes and i laughed at them. it took me a long time to see how hosed up and wrong that was, but i did see eventually. i try not to let my past self jump out and say stupid poo poo but sometimes my filters fail.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I hope everyone has a really positive and safe pride.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

olives black posted:

Long before the Internet, I saw an extremely brief scene in one of the Sonic The Hedgehog cartoons where Sonic was sleeping with his shoes off. I had Feelings About It that 8-year-old me couldn't quite put into words.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I saw enough carefree posting earlier in the thread to feel like sharing one of my own actual not-a-joke early experiences with non-straightness, but I acknowledged that I would probs catch a probe for it given this site's history. Sorry if one or more of y'all took it as an insulting fakepost.

Have a Safe and Happy Pride.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Opinion: The best gay cowboy movie is Wagons East! featuring John C McGinley as the extremely flamboyant rear end-kicking hunky bookseller

Please share your opinions on this topic as well.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 9, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZH32FuXeF4

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Right now, I'm a male presenting goon who is about 60lbs overweight. I have a slight beard and short hair.

While I'm not trans, and more power to those who are, this is not who I want to be. This is not me inside. I am far more effeminate than I currently present and I am moving towards being more open with that.

I'm slowly losing weight, and I'm growing my hair out. I shave constantly, and am trying my best to take care of my skin.

Also, I'm bi, but I feel like I'm... More bi certain times of the month. Does that make any sense? Like most of the time, I question it because I'm so into women.... And then for like a week, I'm all... well, sort of kinda into guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Right now, I'm a male presenting goon who is about 60lbs overweight. I have a slight beard and short hair.

While I'm not trans, and more power to those who are, this is not who I want to be. This is not me inside. I am far more effeminate than I currently present and I am moving towards being more open with that.

For what it's worth (and I'm not saying this is you, only you can know yourself!) it's totally cool to be agender and just uninterested in things that are explicitly or implicitly gendered in either direction because you don't feel like either one appeals to you.

As long as being "agender" doesn't mean "Traditional gender roles and I hate when WOKE people talk about GENDER" to you then agender is cool, no one has to have a gender identity at all, they just need to respect the gender identities of those that do. IMO.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 9, 2023