Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Are there any teammates that like each other or is that just not really compatible with the kind of people that make it to this level? I just finished the S2 episode about LeClerc and Vettel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Are there any teammates that like each other or is that just not really compatible with the kind of people that make it to this level? I just finished the S2 episode about LeClerc and Vettel.

Gasly and Tsunoda seemed to have a genuine friendship when they were together at Alpha Tauri

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Alaois posted:

Gasly and Tsunoda seemed to have a genuine friendship when they were together at Alpha Tauri
I like that Hamilton and Bottas seem to have developed something since going their separate ways. It wasn't a particularly happy time for Bottas when he was there, by all accounts.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

If you aren't consistently beating your teammate you are at risk of being replaced, so Formula 1 in general isn't really conducive to teammates having good relations. As long as they aren't getting into fist fights in pit lane or intentionally crashing each other on track, things are probably about as good as you can hope for. By and large most of the drivers seem to get along with each other off the track.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Will 24 Hours of Le Mans also be streamed on YouTube like Nurburgring? I want to watch it for Pietro Fittipaldi.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Witeldram posted:

Will 24 Hours of Le Mans also be streamed on YouTube like Nurburgring? I want to watch it for Pietro Fittipaldi.

Sadly not :(

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Witeldram posted:

Not legally. I’ve pinned the Misc Racing Thread for the weekend and can put some options in there.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

So Tour de France has its own DTS now

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

dope to survive?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Ha, it’s even from the same production company, Box to Box films.

They also do:
Full Swing for golf
Break Point for tennis
Make or Break for surfing

There are also deals for MLS and the Kentucky Derby.

What’s left?

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

smackfu posted:

Ha, it’s even from the same production company, Box to Box films.

They also do:
Full Swing for golf
Break Point for tennis
Make or Break for surfing

There are also deals for MLS and the Kentucky Derby.

What’s left?

Cup Stacking!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

As an avid cyclist and a person who keeps the Tour on in the background, it's a great match, they can condense each 4-5 hour stage into the 20-40 interesting minutes.

Cycling races are identical to F1 races, interesting start, after that you can nap as only every once in a while does something interesting happen, and 9/10 times you can just wake up for the end and get a chaotic finish.

The bikes are all designed by different manufacturers, there are a gazillion rules and technical violations that can occur, it's F1's first cousin.

Though cycling teams are real teams in the truest sense of the word, as in 6/7 guys exist whose sole job is to get that 7th guy across the line first and they will destroy themselves physically to do it.

You should all be watching it, you're used to this by now. You should watch it even if only to see a mechanic hanging out of a support car fixing a derailleur at 40 mph.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Lando and Carlos were besties when they were at McLaren.
Gasly and Tsunoda seemed to get along really well when they were at Alpha Tauri
Hamilton and Rosberg were childhood friends until they started fighting for fighting for WDC and then they had a massive falling out and it was the best part of the 2015 and 2016 season.

You only ever see it in midfield teams who don’t have a hope of winning the championship, and as long as you’re bringing the car home and are within a couple percentage points of your teammate. Both of your seats are pretty safe.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ricciardo and Sainz have a wonderful ball flicking relationship.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
go back to these cars

https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/status/1667130868891287552

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ergu-d5lvgk

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Watched Monaco 1984. Absolute madness they ran this race in a downpour. And yet, considering these conditions, mist drivers managed a surprising number of laps, nit to mention a young Senna showing his rain skills. Highpoint was British commentators swooning over Mansell taking the first place only for him to bin it on the next lap and said commentators loosing the video feed and going by the radio transmission.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

spaceblancmange posted:

dope to survive?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Happy Friday to Logan :)

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
just checking the prices of the las vegas tickets

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Very American that each one has an advertising partner

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If only DTS was produced like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gR8NBUdscY

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

This was last September. I'm probably in there for a frame or two.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Rebus posted:

found ya

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

f1 really hates embedding

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

:drat:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

this sport sucks and im going to tell biden to ban it from usa soil along with all saudis (for what they did to tiger woods legacy)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Must be depressing as heck driving a tractor for a living with this in the garage

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Rebus posted:

I read about red bull ripping you off for aero ideas good work

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

My personal favourite Ticktum moment was when Shinji Nakano, who ran the Mugen Super Formula team at the time, said publicly he was difficult to work with. While that may sound mild keep in mind that if you are publicly criticized by your boss in SF is an incredibly bad sign. They are usually silent about internal matters. Also Ticktum said Mugen must have been giving him a bad car because there was no way the local drivers should have been beating him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frond posted:

My personal favourite Ticktum moment was when Shinji Nakano, who ran the Mugen Super Formula team at the time, said publicly he was difficult to work with. While that may sound mild keep in mind that if you are publicly criticized by your boss in SF is an incredibly bad sign. They are usually silent about internal matters. Also Ticktum said Mugen must have been giving him a bad car because there was no way the local drivers should have been beating him.

looking up that SF season and lmao that he lost his seat because the Red Bull Junior Team dropped him so he was replaced by Pato O'Ward, who the Red Bull Junior Team also dropped before the last race of the season so he was replaced by Juri Vips, who would later get dropped by the Red Bull Junior Team after a heated gamer moment

the Red Bull Junior Team might be the funniest program in F1 history

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Frond posted:

Nakano is an occasional commentator on F1 for Japanese DAZN, which is how I watch this cursed sport, and he's incredibly sharp and good at the job.

I think Lawson and Gasly are the only two Red Bull juniors who did super well in SF, Alex Palou went there with Team Goh (who, let's remember, are run by somebody with old Bridgestone family money) and did really well but that wasn't part of the Red Bull program.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Frond posted:

he sounds like the very specific brand of vicious, spiteful, entitled british oval office that i can't stand. the kind who are both sore losers and sore winners at the same time, the worst kind. they have no self reflection. whenever i have to deal with british people at my job i can can usually tell within a few minutes of meeting them if they're this type of person, because they have a very specific way of talking to the point it almost triggers me

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Sounds perfect for F1 then.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXONL7tV7AE

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
they dont even run to their cars anymore? smh

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Le Mans is a banger (literally) today

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Oh there's a Le Mans thread, I am blind

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Thanks Ants posted:

Oh there's a Le Mans thread, I am blind

i never go outside my thread bookmarks so can we just post about it here instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I found it!

Didn't dare try it on as I am no longer a size "L". You're welcome.