Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
My MMR delta was something embarrassing like -235 so I've got to figure something out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
idk what's up with the new matchmaking but I went from 1.5k on average, never breaking 2k to recalibrating at 2.5k and now up to 2.8k and i'm definitely not playing any better and half my teammates and opponents seem worse than they did in guardian

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Geight posted:

My MMR delta was something embarrassing like -235 so I've got to figure something out.

Mine was 850, but I lucked out when glicko came online, and went up from Crusader to Archon.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

NtotheTC posted:

I'm not a tinker player but i sort of want to try out the laser phylactery build

Tinker picker here chiming in to say phylactery isn’t that great since you’re bouncing the laser off creeps to double the damage output.

Whenever I build the item, it adds about 2k dmg.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

9-3 in my last ranked games. Looks like I’m being put back to where I belong.

Just can’t get to grips with new universal techies, 15% wr. I’ve tried just keep clicking in lane, but it seems to never really work.

If anyone fancies a laugh, here is my attempt to play techies. 7191918590

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
As a current techies spammer, I go to lane with 4 branches, one set of tangoes and a stick.

You hit for I think 58 at level 1 such is pretty good, and you can basically right click from beyond creep agro range.

The goal is to harass with sticky bombs and right clicks, so when you get level 2, your suicide + sticky combo can just straight up kill em, and if not, your half screen right clicks will as they try to flee.

Because your spamming stickies, the enemy more than likely buys a stick and spam there own stuff, so you have plenty of mana till you get your mana boots.

Just pick on the hero who's more likely to die. And kill em every time blast off is off cooldown. They'll eventually tilt and leave lane, then you can do the same to the hero that stays.

Oh and the warp gate is great for going to the other lane for surprise blast off kills.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Oodles posted:

9-3 in my last ranked games. Looks like I’m being put back to where I belong.

Just can’t get to grips with new universal techies, 15% wr. I’ve tried just keep clicking in lane, but it seems to never really work.

If anyone fancies a laugh, here is my attempt to play techies. 7191918590

right click enemies. spam sticky bombs and right click who you sticky bomb. never stop casting sticky bomb and right clicking. cast suicide when you’ll kill an idiot. you will win your lane if you do this

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Oh my god. After losing five ranks during calibration I got down to Ancient 3 from Divine 3. And I started winning the majority of my games, so I figured I'd hit the recalibrate button to reset my certainty... and now

Is there a record for amount of MMR unintentionally lost in a month? Because I bet ya I'm gonna get it.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

ive been working on getting my behavior score back up to 10k and thats proven to be more difficult than mmr itself

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Superrodan posted:

Is there a record for amount of MMR unintentionally lost in a month? Because I bet ya I'm gonna get it.

I’m feeling you too, mine looks exactly the same. About a week ago I was on 75% win rate, last few days I’m at 30%. It’s just been a night and day shift.

I’d like to blame everyone else, like my carry Magnus, or mid lich who went vanguard.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Mr.Acula posted:

ive been working on getting my behavior score back up to 10k and thats proven to be more difficult than mmr itself

I don't quite understand this. I've never had less than 10k behavior score except for maybe twice since it was introduced. Even when I'm losing and (unintentionally) feeding like crazy I don't ever get reported enough to make a blip. How did you get down there to begin with?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I was going to ask the same thing. I don’t abandon games, I only get it for dogshit plays and being a bit toxic in chat. Don’t think I’ve been lower than 9.5k

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There's kind of a snowball rolling downhill effect with behavior score once you've fallen below the normal range.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

A few of my friends end up in Low Priority, and that combined with low behaviour score is quite something.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Superrodan posted:

I don't quite understand this. I've never had less than 10k behavior score except for maybe twice since it was introduced. Even when I'm losing and (unintentionally) feeding like crazy I don't ever get reported enough to make a blip. How did you get down there to begin with?

A period of having little patience for dota and abandoning games on a whim to do something else. After that you are way more likely to be reported from all directions for the slightest infraction such as speaking at all and you're probably never going to be commended by any of these people either unless you single handedly carry the entire game for them without a word

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I've been a genuinely cruel person in ways I'm not proud to admit to strangers playing this game and I've never had less than a couple points below 10k behavior score, it's basically a useless metric unless you're a chronic leaver

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

The games were so bad i figured how much worse could they get? They did.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah don't abandon games

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I got global muted once and most likely deserved it.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I try to be civil, I’ll never drop a slur. But I will quite happily tell people they’re dogshit and they should uninstall the game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I communicate entirely in pings and 'gg'.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I'm always surprised how angry people get when you give em the 'please lads cast your spells'

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

RisqueBarber posted:

I'm always surprised how angry people get when you give em the 'please lads cast your spells'

I think it’s the PyrionFlax bit of that which tilts them more.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

I got global muted once and most likely deserved it.

This happened to me once many years ago because I had been watching forums user Wangsbig stream too much and it turns out that you cannot talk to strangers the way he talks to the stack.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Oodles posted:

I try to be civil, I’ll never drop a slur. But I will quite happily tell people they’re dogshit and they should uninstall the game.

I don't understand this either. Why is it so hard for people to remain civil while losing at video games. You're gonna lose approximately 50 percent of the time, sometimes more, and sometimes its not your fault. But you know what? Sometimes it is, and it's like everyone forgets that. Taking it out on other people literally never helps you win, and just serves to make the other person feel worse. When I witness flaming on my team, its often directed at someone who is unintentionally contributing to losing us the game, but the person who is flaming them is basically doubling down and actively taking intentional steps to lose us the game.

I'm sure we've all seen it... A rough start or a terrible fight, or someone choosing to run in like an idiot or get caught out of position make the chances of winning much smaller. But flaming that person essentially turns a game from a 10 percent chance to win to a 0 percent chance to win instantly. By calling out someone in this game in a negative way you are at best taking away their motivation and attention to try to win, and at worst giving them the inverse motivation... to double down on whatever behavior it is you're upset at because now you've made it a personal attack on them, a fellow dota player that the game has deemed of a similar skill level.

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 10, 2023

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

bawfuls posted:

Yeah don't abandon games

I really dont give a poo poo vOv the times i wont abandon a game is when my teammates dont deserve a release from the hell they created

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
lol jeeze I wonder why you’re having trouble with your behavior score

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Good thing I don't care at all and its not what i said

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
They should make a drop-in queue.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

I really dont give a poo poo vOv the times i wont abandon a game is when my teammates dont deserve a release from the hell they created
Hey man you're the one posting about how much worse low behavior score games are and how hard it is to escape them. There's a simple solution to avoid them. Up to you.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Harold Fjord posted:

They should make a drop-in queue.

This was actually something they said in the original dota2 announcement post (bots would control leavers and you could have a friend jump in) but I suspect the logistics of making that work and then also be fair was too great to be worth the effort. I wanna say more recently someone found text strings that indicated they were experimenting with the ability to explicitly queue against people in LPQ and I think that would be a very funny addition although I don't know if it would be a healthy one.

Mr.Acula posted:

the times i wont abandon a game is when my teammates dont deserve a release from the hell they created

This is always the case and so even in my worst games I strive to drag it out to the bloody end in order to protect my fellow players from myself and the nine other vagabonds I've been matched with. I'm doing my part!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Mr.Acula posted:

Good thing I don't care at all and its not what i said

when i don't care about things i repeatedly post that i don't care, that's how people know that i don't care

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

if you can't stay civil press mute on everyone else and play the game til the ancient falls

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

if u can’t stay civil then ur playing the right game my good bitch :evilbuddy:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

My posts were more of a warning to others rather than complaining about games

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

speaking of civl, I got told to gently caress a goat today.

By my own carry, just because our mid was afk and missed the first wave. So I sapped the xp, and then the drow subsequently died, and wouldn't shut up about it for the rest of the game.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I don't enjoy when someone gives up immediately bc of a bad lane, I usually just try and encourage them not to tilt + mute whoever they've chosen to blame (deserving or not). It works maybe 20% of the time, sometimes a teammate tries to help but most don't. Occasionally even saying 'don't tilt' when someone is spiraling, and then praising the team if you win a fight, can turn someone around. If that doesn't work I just mute them and try to win.

Like half my games are won or lost bc of the mental battle, and I notice that when my team doesn't tilt after a bad team fight, we're more likely to play a close game. It's only truly grating when you get hit with a series of games of ppl just making GBS threads themselves in chat over and over. Of course this is all alongside almost constant racism and bigotry.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 11, 2023

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I do everything I can, I stack 7 camps for my alchemist, and he gets a 11 minute radiance. Then in the top lane, i've got a Willow who gets a 12 minute midas and 30 minute Ags, and proceeds to die 23 times.

This game, that drat game...

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

The best is when you have a nice team and youre off to a great start, so someone on the other team leaves and then the rest of your own team leaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

You gotta play ranked so your whole team can stick around and gloat about their free mmr only to realize the guy on the enemy team who quit is the only one who isn't having a phenomenal game and you're about to get rolled 4v5.