Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Saltpowered posted:

Fields of Hatred stops scaling.

What the gently caress is this poo poo. Knowing this makes me actively like the game less. Is there really not an endgame focused pvp area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also the PC does have agency in the sense that you (the player) are choosing to move the plot forward and kill all the bosses. You could, Dark souls like, choose to not do anything anymore and then one of them would win.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

AARD VARKMAN posted:

you can also replace the aspect on a legendary item with another aspect if you like the stats

I did not know that. That will help now. Granted I have seen like one decently rolled helm in 20 levels, it is wild how bad of luck I have had with helm rolls.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Ceramics posted:

This game is far from perfect but I'm genuinely impressed that the campaign was so enjoyable that I'm just doing that again on my first alt rather then adventure mode dungeon grinding poo poo

I did the adventure mode stuff on my alt and I regret it. On the first run through the campaign I sort of gave up exploring and doing side quests once I got to act 3 so I was excited for adventure mode to just go and do that stuff to level. Turns out it takes forever if you are playing like that and its really only good for mega efficient grind strats like spamming one dungeon over and over. By the time I hit WT3 I'd done all the exploring and side quests I wanted to and now I was staring down the barrel of repetition.

You can skip the campaign at any point from the character select screen so if you do the campaign interspersed with exploration you can get to 50, then skip whatever is left of the campaign so you can get into WT3.

Edit; Now Im at the point that I dont know whether to invest into Druid or Rogue, I find them both fun. I also want to play Necromancer but I'm trying to stay strong and keep some stuff in the bank for season 1.

Miles O'Brian fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jun 9, 2023

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Saltpowered posted:

I even enjoyed 60-70 but 70+ feels like it’s missing some content or balancing or something. Leveling up becomes painfully slow and there isn’t enough activity variety.

Tree of Whispers is just there.

World Bosses are a <1m checkbox for cosmetics.

Fields of Hatred stops scaling.

Nightmare dungeon xp as a % to level falls off so you need dozens per level to level.

Leveling becomes a whack-a-mole of which dungeon hasn’t had mob density nerfed yet.

Endgame is very much still a beta. Lots of bugs, lots of balance issues, not enough variety.

Everything else is very solid so as long as they build out activities and have interesting seasonal content then the game will continue being great. If there isn’t anything new for Season 1 and the xp curve is where it is today… gonna be real boring.

Is this on wt4?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

i found something like 9 legendaries (lvl 43, act 4 currently) and they were all useless and kinda terrible. still wearing some of those because they're still better than yellows, but this sucks.

where do I go to get more legendaries? getting one per act boss or something like that is grating, at this rate it's going to be hours to actually find something good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can go dungeons and get aspects for your book and imprint them on rares and make your own legendaries

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Chalks posted:

Is this on wt4?

Yup.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

SettingSun posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo. Knowing this makes me actively like the game less. Is there really not an endgame focused pvp area?

Yeah, I’ll check again today and see if it was just a bug I experience. Two days ago the mobs in field of hatred on WT4 got stuck at 73 and thus the exp I got from them was awful. I’ve had the scaling stuck bug a few times on characters and zones. It’s difficult sometimes to know what should scale and what should not. This is a frequent issue in adventure mode too on new characters. Very little logic to what scales and some things do scale down or up even though the map label says something else. And then other stuff does not.

Edit: it was indeed a bug. All good now.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jun 9, 2023

Why Anything
Apr 15, 2006
Because everything. Obviously.

Black Griffon posted:

Unsure, but I just now accepted the lot. We might get some strangers, but that's the cost of doing business (avoiding a situation where 150 people have to DM me).

In I hope!

the american pronunciation has robbed of us of beauty and grace and I have never done a crime

Thanks again for setting up a new goon clan. I've also just sent a request to you as Wynnie in game.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

euphronius posted:

You can go dungeons and get aspects for your book and imprint them on rares and make your own legendaries

People say this, but they don't say that you first have to salvage a bunch of legendaries because otherwise you won't have the mats to imprint.

I finished 2 dungeons just to get the aspects and figured out I can't imprint them because I'm still using most of my legendaries (and the first 3 that I salvaged gave only normal resources :argh: ), thus my question about where do I get more of those! :v:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The only solution to that is to play more of the game. The item quality drop rate seems to be tied very closely to level. I can't get rid of legendaries fast enough now.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

SettingSun posted:

The only solution to that is to play more of the game. The item quality drop rate seems to be tied very closely to level. I can't get rid of legendaries fast enough now.

Got it, so it's not just from bosses or (very) rarely elite packs after a certain point? I mean of course the game is all about killing bosses, but they seem to be kinda spaced out between them and til now they've been the only "reliable" source of legendaries. Level 43 so well on the way to end the campaign now, and to be honest they do seem to drop more frequently - but when the aspects dropped are useless it's very frustrating having to wait another boss for another "roll" let's say.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah 45mins in a Helltide will land me a good dozen legendaries at level 60.

Still enjoying the endgame activities but it's not wholly unsurprising that it's unsatisfactory for people who have been playing 8hrs a day since EA. It'll be a while before the casuals catch up (most of my friends are in the 30-40 range), but definitely better than just repeating the campaign another 3-4 times and seems to be a good structure for further improvements.

Repeatedly running the exact same dungeon to get to 100 sounds like a miserable and unnecessary way to burn yourself out though.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

My second unique was the frostburn gauntlet... I can't see any use for this though

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm kinda wondering what the last 50 or so tiers of Nightmare dungeons are even for. There should be a tier of item past Ancestral that drops only in level 51+ nightmare dungeons, which scale beyond the player level cap at that point. It doesn't really make sense to be doing a dungeon with level 150 mobs with no real incentive except more glyph xp, when you've been able to get max level gear drops like candy for dozens of hours already.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Events and dungeon mobs seem to drop the most legendaries while leveling, op. Imho

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

Events and dungeon mobs seem to drop the most legendaries while leveling, op. Imho

I got back to back uniques running nightmare dungeons at tier 10-15 and well rolled legendary items besides. Anecdotally the reward upon completion seems to be weighted a bit higher

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
This game needs about triple the mob density basically everywhere.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

TorakFade posted:

i found something like 9 legendaries (lvl 43, act 4 currently) and they were all useless and kinda terrible. still wearing some of those because they're still better than yellows, but this sucks.

where do I go to get more legendaries? getting one per act boss or something like that is grating, at this rate it's going to be hours to actually find something good

Best thing to do is farm some events for a little bit. Use the orbs to gamble and you should be swimming in Legendaries quickly.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think it's cool that when someone asks "What's the best way to farm items?" people separately respond with every activity in the game lol

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

Hey Duriel you old bastard, how you been?!?! I haven't seen you in ages!

That fight fuckin ruled

There was a quote a few years back around when they first announced D4 about how they were gonna get a bit more into that character and tell more of a story about who he is.

I dunno how much of their role shifted over development but a random Zerg design that jumps you in a hole in the desert with no build up is genuinely perfect. The essence of Durial.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
game was fun. difficulty was solid (WT2) although the bosses dragged on toward the end, possibly because I was lazy about gear/build.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Kaddish posted:

I'm almost level 58 and haven't seen a piece of gear with a higher ilvl than what I have since level 53 or something. I'm doing all the content available, working up the NM dungeon ranks. Is that normal?

Yes. The gear is a pretty tight range from 50-60, maybe even higher. You'll raaaarely see items with ilvl pushing 700 around your level, and those can be huge upgrades because blacksmithing to 725+ will punch them into a higher tier.

The game seems balanced around a huge difficulty spike when you enter T3 or T4, but also getting fairly flat gear within that tier, so you can quickly gear up.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The best way to specifically farm items is Helltide, focusing on doing events. In a full 1 hour helltide, you should be able to clear 800+ cinders worth of chests and fill all your obols up which you can use on a specific slot. You need to be 3 levels above your WT base for the tier of gear to drop from obols, so 53 for Sacred (I think) and 73 for ancestral.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The guy asking for advice is still leveling and only has 3 legds

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Tiny Timbs posted:

I think it's cool that when someone asks "What's the best way to farm items?" people separately respond with every activity in the game lol

That's how is should be! Now if we could only say the same about gaining experience.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Does respeccing skills only cost gold? Does it get prohibitively expensive? It’s very fun playing around with everything to see what works.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

coelomate posted:

Yes. The gear is a pretty tight range from 50-60, maybe even higher. You'll raaaarely see items with ilvl pushing 700 around your level, and those can be huge upgrades because blacksmithing to 725+ will punch them into a higher tier.

The game seems balanced around a huge difficulty spike when you enter T3 or T4, but also getting fairly flat gear within that tier, so you can quickly gear up.

Ok cool, I won't stress about it then. I've been saving the final upgrade rank on most of my gear because its so expensive but it sounds like its worth it to take the plunge.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Are there any uniques or aspects that would give mobility to a Necro, in the form an ability like dash, teleport, or the like?

I'm enjoying a blood based build, but I'd enjoy it a lot more if I could bounce around the screen to place novas, instead of just wandering around.

Preemptive, yes I know Sorcerer is a thing. Also, I'm aware of corpse tendrils, but it feels a lot more satisfying to me to move myself rather than the mobs.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
They just posted the OST for anyone interested

https://youtu.be/zeSHN5p-ZOQ

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Okay I swapped my Druid from Nature's Fury to Perfect Storm, specced out of Lightning Strike and into Tornado and holy poo poo it's stupid how much stronger this is. I also freed up a few Passives for Earthen Bulwark and now I never die. Went from Bosses on WT1 feeling slow to kill to WT3 easy peasy 🙃

Still haven't found that drat Stormchaser's Aspect thought :argh:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Just got into Act 6, homestretch.

Can side quests be done with adventure mode characters or is that a strictly dungeons and grind kind of thing? I'd quite like to use my alts to do side quests but not if I have to do the campaign first with them

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

How! posted:

Does respeccing skills only cost gold? Does it get prohibitively expensive? It’s very fun playing around with everything to see what works.

I'm level 53 and always had more than enough gold to respec huge chunks of my skill tree every few levels through the campaign despite salvaging every drop instead of selling them. It seems to be a non-issue. Maybe if you want to overhaul your entire character in WT4 to a different build entirely it might sting a little.

BabyRyoga posted:

I'm kinda wondering what the last 50 or so tiers of Nightmare dungeons are even for.

Future expansion seems the obvious answer. D3's greater rift system started out with 25 seeming unreachable but over the seasons each new power creep would bump that until this most recent season almost everybody was handily pushing 130+ and dedicated players could routinely max it out at 150.

Swilo fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 9, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Side quests are there for alts that don’t do the campaign

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Once you beat the campaign once, do you unlock your horse for alts or anything like that? The one thing I'm really annoyed about in this is how late into the game the horse unlocks along with how often you have to just walk across entire regions in early acts.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Zelmel posted:

Once you beat the campaign once, do you unlock your horse for alts or anything like that? The one thing I'm really annoyed about in this is how late into the game the horse unlocks along with how often you have to just walk across entire regions in early acts.

Mounts are unlocked for all characters the moment you get one early in Act IV.

euphronius posted:

Side quests are there for alts that don’t do the campaign

Awesome, thanks!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Kaddish posted:

Ok cool, I won't stress about it then. I've been saving the final upgrade rank on most of my gear because its so expensive but it sounds like its worth it to take the plunge.

Upgrading gear with that last expensive click really isn't worth it unless it takes you over 725 item power or 815 item power, because those are the breakpoints for the affix ranges going up.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bamhand posted:

I don't mind some pvp but allowing 4 man gank squads all with the immunity bubble to just roam around is not fun at all.

I thought everyone gets the bubble as part of story progression and my friends had no idea what I was talking about when I kept popping bubbles while we did act 3 together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Anyone got a good leveling build for druid to recommend? I'm doing okay against trash but trying to unlock some aspects and bosses just kick my rear end.