Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Rybar and WarGonzo both reporting Ukrainian gains in the Zaporizhzhia front heading towards Tokmak. I dont feel like quoting propagandists because the only value here is confirming that Ukraine is making progress; it's probable Ukraine took more than what they are admitting.

Peredovichok's telegram channel posted their latest approved reports of unit gains, reporting they've taken the village of Berkhivka. In the Bakhmut direction, advances were made up to 1.7km. A lot of videos of prisoners being taken in the Bakhmut direction to be added to the POW exchange fund

The 3rd Assault Brigade's telegram reports:

quote:

We liberate our lands and clear the flanks around Bakhmut!
During the last day, the Third Assault Brigade pushed back the enemy from territories with a volume of 1.8 km along the front line and 1.2 km deep into the front.

As a result of the offensive actions of the 2nd assault battalion, units of the 57th brigade of the Russian Federation and detachments of "storm z" prisoners suffered significant losses: about 30 "two hundredths"; and 40 "three hundred" Russians.
Warehouses with Russian BC, equipment, in particular BBM, tanks and enemy artillery, were also liquidated.

Thus, the enemy's forces were almost completely pushed back beyond the canal, where the positions of the occupiers were located recently.

As always, all the video evidence will be on the Third Assault channel soon.

"200s" are KIAs, "300s" are WIAs for those who don't know

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Roundup from last night
https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1667045441026813953

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Prigozhin is making GBS threads on MoD

Strelkov is making GBS threads on MoD and Putin

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1667048309217804288

Solovyov is making GBS threads on Strelkov

https://twitter.com/TheKremlinYap/status/1666925254453633024

Putin is making GBS threads himself.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

i think it's worth quoting the two points that get cut off in the embed preview

quote:

⚡ Prime Minister of Great Britain Rishi Sunak expressed confidence that the USA will continue to support Ukraine, even if Donald Trump is re-elected as president in 2024, - CNN.

⚡A criminal indictment has been officially brought against Donald Trump in the case of storing secret state-level documents in his own residence, - The New York Times.

two different speeds.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
blyat

https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1667072998275252224

no one was harmed at the time missiles were fired, it seems

another summary, based on Russian sources

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1667076004408377344

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 9, 2023

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Dwesa posted:

blyat

Imagine war becoming so normal that you casually bike past that. :psyduck:

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Tarquinn posted:

Imagine war becoming so normal that you casually bike past that. :psyduck:

Imagine having no choice but to :(

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Horrorosaurus posted:

Yeah. :smith:

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Dwesa posted:

blyat

I bet HIMARS sounds like popping bubble wrap to that guy by now.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://youtu.be/zqs2fDHtyHI

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

"Morning Bob! Hit anything today?"

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Something's brewing in his belly.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
COD Modern Warfare was so non-credible

it was Russia that sets off the bomb in its own country

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Horrorosaurus posted:

Make’s u think.....

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Futanari Damacy posted:

Make’s u think.....

You should try it

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

Make’s u think.....

Just imagine, this could all be over if Putin withdrew his forces and the people of Ukraine could begin rebuilding their lives. It is all such an unneccessary tragedy, and it is all caused by a kleptocratic fascist who wanted to have a legacy of being a tzar. So utterly tragic.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-forces-find-a-new-danger-behind-them-courtesy-of-the-us-2023-6

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Set posted:

Just imagine, this could all be over if Putin withdrew his forces and the people of Ukraine could begin rebuilding their lives. It is all such an unneccessary tragedy, and it is all caused by a kleptocratic fascist who wanted to have a legacy of being a tzar. So utterly tragic.

Almost as if Poopin was some sort of piece of poo poo...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Set posted:

It's also nuts to me how simple the motivations for all the poo poo that happens these days are. None of this is a massive intricate world-spanning conspiracy to pit various rival factions against each other. It's just one guy who wants to loving take over the world like a god drat cartoon.

Like Trump with his documents. Oh well it's this secret master plan to expose the Deep State and Biden's corruption and blah and foo! No he's just a loving toddler who stole cool poo poo.

The world and civilization are infinitely complex but it's the most reptile-brain biological thrashings that threaten to tear it all down

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Set posted:

Its surreal to think that all this poo poo is happening solely because of one demented guy's whims. I'm actually surprised there is still a humanity to speak of

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Air deployed anti-tank mine

:allears: This is a thing, that my tax dollars paid for? A weapon system that likely originated from some drunken boast in a Huntsville bar made decades ago between engineers who thought they could figure out how to shoot a mine from a cannon?

Nerds are the best.

Set
Oct 30, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Almost as if Poopin was some sort of piece of poo poo...

Yup! I would even go as far as to say that all fascists are pieces of poo poo, but even then Putin is especially vile!

Data Graham posted:

It's also nuts to me how simple the motivations for all the poo poo that happens these days are. None of this is a massive intricate world-spanning conspiracy to pit various rival factions against each other. It's just one guy who wants to loving take over the world like a god drat cartoon.

Like Trump with his documents. Oh well it's this secret master plan to expose the Deep State and Biden's corruption and blah and foo! No he's just a loving toddler who stole cool poo poo.

The world and civilization are infinitely complex but it's the most reptile-brain biological thrashings that threaten to tear it all down

So many of our world leaders are overgrown toddlers with no further ambitions beyond what benefits them themselves. Some people have a need to believe that the world is "logical" and follows a script like a movie or book or something, while as you said it is both infinitely more complex and stupid than that at the same time. When the world doesn't conform to their worldview, that just utterly breaks them in half and they jump into a fantasy world that they've collectively invented, where American divers leave their shoes next to a bombed pipeline. It is a syndrome not much unlike how libertarians see the world to be honest! Quite fascinating and pretty sad at the same time.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ukraine is halfway to Tokmak at this time. They are now operating an L shaped front on staromlynivka aswell, which is on the road to Mariupol albeit far away.

Melitopols north and east are going to be under threat here soon. And that is the major military hub for Russia as it stands. And taking it is tantamount to the next phase of the war as it's the largest fortress, and supply capital of the war effort. Swinging down on it and also allowing a retreat vector will be helpful for Ukraine to achieve this task.

At this time, the Dniper reservoir has emptied insanely low to the point where people can walk out 30 meters of previously flooded areas.

It's bad, Main stream is saying the reactor is In no danger, I feel this point needs more time as a nuclear disaster would be something that really pushes the European populace to clamor for direct intervention in Ukraine. The future of the reactor seems to be OK according to the goons I trust to know something about these things.

I keep hearing that the counter attack has begun but I think there's some significant shaping and deep striking going on before the real offensive kicks off in a day or two.

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Mikojan posted:

Its surreal to think that all this poo poo is happening solely because of one demented guy's whims. I'm actually surprised there is still a humanity to speak of

I think we have just been very lucky so far, with the right people at the right place at the exact right times to stop people like Putin from, either accidentally or with purpose, destroying us all. We have very often been at the edge, but managed to get pulled back by one true hero who either said no or refused to follow orders. Pretty scary.

Remember the name Stanislav Petrov.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Set posted:

I think we have just been very lucky so far, with the right people at the right place at the exact right times to stop people like Putin from, either accidentally or with purpose, destroying us all. We have very often been at the edge, but managed to get pulled back by one true hero who either said no or refused to follow orders. Pretty scary.

Had never heard of him, looked him up and now wish I'd stayed ignorant

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

The surest sign the counter offensive on is this deafening radio silence from the Ukranian side.

There's a real aura of "shut the gently caress up and lets go to work" not just from the front, but from the usual eager and reliable war correspondents.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Set posted:

I suffered from a lot of anxiety about this for a long time, and I just had to make peace with the fact that this has been a possibility my entire life and will be once this war is over (and I'm not sure if wars are ever really over). We're all constantly in a quantum state of dead and not dead.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Disco Pope posted:

I suffered from a lot of anxiety about this for a long time, and I just had to make peace with the fact that this has been a possibility my entire life and will be once this war is over (and I'm not sure if wars are ever really over). We're all constantly in a quantum state of dead and not dead.

Except for Willo567's balls, RIP.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

the holy poopacy posted:

Except for Willo567's balls, RIP.

Oh yeah, next Tuesday those bad boys are crater.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Mikojan posted:

Had never heard of him, looked him up and now wish I'd stayed ignorant

I just feel a deep sense of relief and respect for that man. Imagine being the last line between full out nuclear war and having that line get tested while you're on shift :stonk:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Love how Ukraine is having to resuce both sides of the river because russia doesn't give a gently caress. Well it kinda gives a gently caress. It's shelling the rescuers.

Plucky little russia

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I just want to say that I had a brilliant idea to photoschop Miami Spice in place of the pipeline evidence boot but it was a week ago, I don’t know phodoshop and everyone who remembers gbs boot vote drama is dead or banned or a humourless admin by now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Disco Pope posted:

Oh yeah, next Tuesday those bad boys are crater.

Two small craters, destroyed by Testi-tactical weapons Fat Nut and Little Ball. Developed in the Manhandling Project.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Are balls going to be recoverable?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

COD Modern Warfare was so non-credible

it was Russia that sets off the bomb in its own country

Just imagine good Russian government troops fighting against the ultranationalist terrorists! Bizzaro world indeed

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Randarkman posted:

Nope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy7gH_54_B8&t=133s

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

There's good people on both sides of the belgorod peoples revolution

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Randarkman posted:

Cup and Cover!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Jonny Quest posted:

:allears: This is a thing, that my tax dollars paid for? A weapon system that likely originated from some drunken boast in a Huntsville bar made decades ago between engineers who thought they could figure out how to shoot a mine from a cannon?

Nerds are the best.

Weren't there two Russian groups accusing each other mining their escape paths? If it was this system that is god drat hilarious.