Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Act 3 is definitely weaker than 2 but it didn't stop the game from landing in my top 10 GOATs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Act 3 pwns but it is pretty weird that it basically erases all the character development of Act 2 lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

Every game is portable if you're strong enough.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Act 3 pwns but it is pretty weird that it basically erases all the character development of Act 2 lol

"Hey, do you want to do Act 2 again, but lamer?"

----------------

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

galumphing lummox posted:

It's just different.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--BslU44vWU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i pretended act 2 was the actual end of the game and act 3 was power gaming mode

----------------

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I like act 3 because I want to save all my friends.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

act 3 kicked rear end you weenies

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

the whole game is awesome but I like act 2 most

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Hey noob. If you want anyone here to respect your dumb rear end opinions then you need to have at least enough self-respect to not go around posting with such a loving terrible avatar and username.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Fungah! posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

It's the perfect DB style get so powerful you can go back in time and fix everything story, and hell, you've earned it

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Fungah! posted:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Act 1: I will gently caress up the king of Heliodor for my friends

Act 2: I will gently caress up the worlds greatest and most ancient evil for my friends

Act 3 I will gently caress up the very space time continuum for my friends

Clear and logical progression

nice lunch
May 26, 2019

since the weekend thread is inexplicably closed i will say here im playing dqv for sfc. comprehending a lot which is cool. just entered the first 洞窟 (cave)

----------------

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I paused playing through the dq5 remake right at when your dad gets killed and you get forced into slavery, jesus lol partially because I've already beaten it and also because I wanted to finally give 6 a shot

I get where people are coming from that it's not a bad DQ, in fact as far as a JRPG goes its very good, it's just unspectacular, especially given the games that came before and after it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nice lunch posted:

since the weekend thread is inexplicably closed i will say here im playing dqv for sfc. comprehending a lot which is cool. just entered the first 洞窟 (cave)

It's because it's Monday.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Getsuyoubi if it helps .

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Getsuyoubi if it helps .

lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'd open it but I don't want to figure out how to do it on mobile.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

In Training posted:

Getsuyoubi if it helps .

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Getsuyoubi if it helps .

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

Getsuyoubi if it helps .

arigato

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

Getsuyoubi if it helps .

wwwwww

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Getsuyoubi if it helps .

lol

nice lunch
May 26, 2019

Good soup! posted:

I paused playing through the dq5 remake right at when your dad gets killed and you get forced into slavery, jesus lol partially because I've already beaten it and also because I wanted to finally give 6 a shot

I get where people are coming from that it's not a bad DQ, in fact as far as a JRPG goes its very good, it's just unspectacular, especially given the games that came before and after it

goddammnit i reflexively tapped the spoiler

----------------

nice lunch
May 26, 2019

In Training posted:

Getsuyoubi if it helps .

i remembered 月曜日 by the mnemonic "the monday grind. time to get-su that bread"

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

nice lunch posted:

goddammnit i reflexively tapped the spoiler

Is this your first time playing DQV

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Getsuyoubi if it helps .

Lol

nice lunch
May 26, 2019

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Is this your first time playing DQV

yeah im at a point where it's not going to take 10 minutes to get through each dialog box so i think im playing it in earnest now

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

nice lunch posted:

yeah im at a point where it's not going to take 10 minutes to get through each dialog box so i think im playing it in earnest now

Nice, enjoy. It kicks infinite rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nice lunch posted:

jealous, its so fuckin good

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

nice lunch posted:

Don't worry that spoiler is super early on in the game and the rest is incredible and full of tons of great moments and some emotional highs and little gut punches that make it a great game. I only played it for the first time ever about six or seven years ago and it instantly became a favorite of mine

(Don't reflexively hit this!!!!!)

While it was easy to see the twist with time travel early on where you clearly meet your old self right at the near-start of the game, god drat, if it didn't hit me hard when you finally did go back to see your younger self and your dad one last time and just that little "whatever happens, everything will be ok" got me legit misty eyed by the end of everything

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Good soup! posted:

Don't worry that spoiler is super early on in the game and the rest is incredible and full of tons of great moments and some emotional highs and little gut punches that make it a great game. I only played it for the first time ever about six or seven years ago and it instantly became a favorite of mine

(Don't reflexively hit this!!!!!)

While it was easy to see the twist with time travel early on where you clearly meet your old self right at the near-start of the game, god drat, if it didn't hit me hard when you finally did go back to see your younger self and your dad one last time and just that little "whatever happens, everything will be ok" got me legit misty eyed by the end of everything

dude.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
lol what a good way to start a spoiler

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

it needs more :siren:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

it's more of a dare at that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

been playing DQ9 weirdly enough, and it's better than i remember. it still loses several points for party members being created by the player, but there's so much to do it's insane. i would still rank it as the worst DQ game, but lesser so. it's not as bad as i remembered