Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Live action? They should get the guy who played Geralt as Link. Make the wig blond and dye his outfit green but otherwise don't change a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Vanadium posted:

Live action? They should get the guy who played Geralt as Link. Make the wig blond and dye his outfit green but otherwise don't change a thing.

(wandering into a Lynel den) ...gently caress.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Vanadium posted:

Henry Cavill is a huge nerd who reportedly almost missed the call for Superman because he was raiding in WoW, so he would probably be down

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

404notfound posted:

Henry Cavill is a huge nerd who reportedly almost missed the call for Superman because he was raiding in WoW, so he would probably be down

Cavill almost certainly emulates TOTK at 1440p

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I love this game but I am starting to think I have ADHD since I can't pick a direction and stick with it. Also, I feel like the glider is a little too powerful this game cause I can skip around to a lot of places so far.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The Master Sword should be reported in the following way:

Instead of waiting for it to run out of energy and then regenerating, it should always be regenerating.

Like if you pull it out and fight a ton of hits it runs out of energy.

But if you see a keese or a stalkoblin just go take care of it and you don't have to worry about how many hours you have left, that will remember on a few minutes

the main downside of the limited durability is having to fuse it again each time
it would crazy strong to be able to fuse a silver lynel or gleek horn to it and just have it constantly repair itself without breaking so you could use those top-tier parts forever
but then again rocktoroks exist so i guess it's not too different from what you can do already with a bit more fiddly management

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the main feature of the limited durability is having to fuse it again each time
it would crazy strong to be able to fuse a silver lynel or gleek horn to it and just have it constantly repair itself without breaking so you could use those top-tier parts forever
but then again rocktoroks exist so i guess it's not too different from what you can do already with a bit more fiddly management

do master sword fuses ever break independently of the sword itself? Or are you basically good to go with whatever fuse until it runs out of energy?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

404notfound posted:

He was hard to work with on the netflix witcjet set, apparently because he thought the writers were ruining the series.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Finished Lightning Temple had a momentary freakout when I realized just how many Gibdos the boss spawned and now I kinda want them to add Gibdo swarms to the Depths.

The room with the gibdo tower and the generator, I managed to ascend my way in there where Riju couldn't follow, and I didn't at the time know how to take out towers without her, so I set up a couple mirrors and ran around trying to figure out how to open the door from the inside, I've still got dozens of their parts left over

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Instead of waiting for it to run out of energy and then regenerating, it should always be regenerating.

But if you see a keese or a stalkoblin just go take care of it and you don't have to worry about how many hours you have left, that will remember on a few minutes

My workaround was to always be smashing rocks. Fight didn't break the master sword? Then the ore will

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Tunicate posted:

He was hard to work with on the netflix witcjet set, apparently because he thought the writers were ruining the series.

He was right

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Poque posted:

do master sword fuses ever break independently of the sword itself? Or are you basically good to go with whatever fuse until it runs out of energy?

Materials used for fusions (including monster horns) don't have durability and never break, besides the ones that are only good for one hit like bombs or puffshrooms or gibdo bones.
However, if you fuse weapons to other weapons, they both track durability separately. And if one runs out of durability first it'll break off. This is most visible when you fuse stuff like skeleton arms to your weapons in the early game thinking "wow 20 damage!!" and then they disappointingly shatter one bokoblin later because they only last for like 4 hits.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
The next game should be a GTA style rise through the ranks of the Yiga clan, taking over the underbelly of Hyrule.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Anyone find anything at Thundra Plateau? I did a once-over, but came up empty.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Pollyanna posted:

Anyone find anything at Thundra Plateau? I did a once-over, but came up empty.

:smug:

There's a special thing there, but unless you read the hint online you won't know how to get in unless you find the breadcrumbs pointing you there.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
https://twitter.com/charleyonhere/status/1666988737824186368

And I saw this tweet earlier, but can't find it now, but it went something like:

Dwayne Johnson as King Goron: Welcome, Link, to Goron City!

Cuts to hundreds of Gorons mining the rock, all singing, "We will rock you" by Queen. At the line that goes, "You got mud on your face, you big disgrace," you see a Goron fall face first into a puddle of mud.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
BOTW wasn't my style at all but man, this one is different...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Alxprit posted:

:smug:

There's a special thing there, but unless you read the hint online you won't know how to get in unless you find the breadcrumbs pointing you there.

It’s not a shrine, I doubt it’s a side adventure, and I can’t think of any gear it might have, so it’s probably a side quest. Chances are it’s a cave with some gems or weapons, or maybe a kill monsters thing. If I come across the breadcrumbs I’ll think about it, but that basically confirms there isn’t much to it anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pollyanna posted:

It’s not a shrine, I doubt it’s a side adventure, and I can’t think of any gear it might have, so it’s probably a side quest. Chances are it’s a cave with some gems or weapons, or maybe a kill monsters thing. If I come across the breadcrumbs I’ll think about it, but that basically confirms there isn’t much to it anyway.

It’s a gear piece. Specifically it’s the Link’s awakening bobble head, which is awesome.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Sighhh I GUESS I’ll go get it then. :v:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the main downside of the limited durability is having to fuse it again each time

I'd have the attachments have their own separate durability. Like if you used the master sword and almost broke it, then put a lynel horn on, and run out of energy, when it is ready to use again the lynel horn would still be on there. But it would run out before you ran out of energy probably.

A: You use the master sword and do about fifty percent of the hits it has in: it regenerates while you aren't using it at like 5% a minute.

B: You break the master sword: it will not be reusable until fully charged, but charges a bit faster, about ten minutes

C: Fuses have their own durability and break off when they run out, separate from the swords energy (both are used when you attack). A fuse doesn't go away just because you run out of energy.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

The game's pretty good about giving hints on finding things like leaving you diegetic maps so I thought I'd ask: Is there a starting trail or line of breadcrumbs to follow for the Zonaite outfit? I found the trousers in a chest in a sky island sphere, but nothing pointed me there aside from me thinking "I bet there's something good in there".

I guess I just want a yes or no answer on whether there's an in-game starting point. I'm trying to avoid looking up how to do everything before I even try for myself.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Mercury Hat posted:

The game's pretty good about giving hints on finding things like leaving you diegetic maps so I thought I'd ask: Is there a starting trail or line of breadcrumbs to follow for the Zonaite outfit? I found the trousers in a chest in a sky island sphere, but nothing pointed me there aside from me thinking "I bet there's something good in there".

I guess I just want a yes or no answer on whether there's an in-game starting point. I'm trying to avoid looking up how to do everything before I even try for myself.

I never found a clue. I just finally googled on how to get them. I think in some cases I had even been to the island where you could find it, but because they're extra hidden, I just walked by the chests and had no idea.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

No breadcrumbs I can think of.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Mooseontheloose posted:

I love this game but I am starting to think I have ADHD since I can't pick a direction and stick with it.

You and me and pretty much everyone else playing it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I finally wrapped up that last pesky shrine, and all I can say is,

Lol

:dumb:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleEngineering/comments/144840e/jun_dont_tell_peta_but_i_have_started_to_exploit/

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

I would go this way: Master Sword goes down to 0 damage when it runs out. But it stays in your inventory and you can fuse something to it and continue to use it during the recharge period.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Steve Yun posted:

Maybe add a hostess management game

Koja Everywhere

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

I finally wrapped up that last pesky shrine, and all I can say is,

Lol

:dumb:

*taps sign*

bawk posted:

it should've been tossed into a chasm and left there.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I would go this way: Master Sword goes down to 0 damage when it runs out. But it stays in your inventory and you can fuse something to it and continue to use it during the recharge period.

... but at that point why.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Just make it so Master Sword does the thing where re-fusing it with a new material refreshes its durability like a lot of people thought fusing would work, and let it work even during cooldown.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Just make it so it never breaks and does crazy good damage, but every time you swing it you make the HEEEYYAAAA noise from that one lady in front of Outskirts stable to discourage spamming.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

I love this game but I am starting to think I have ADHD since I can't pick a direction and stick with it.

This literally is the intended experience and nintendo hugely reworked the botw prototype when it turned out 80% of people were beelining for their original objectives in playtesting

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

give me back the one-hit obliterator I promise I'll use it wisely

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

bawk posted:

*taps sign*

You were right, we should've listened

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tunicate posted:

This literally is the intended experience and nintendo hugely reworked the botw prototype when it turned out 80% of people were beelining for their original objectives in playtesting
Maybe shrines being boring is a feature. If shrines were fun and didnt have rear end load times I would do exclusively shrines until they were all finished instead of sprinkling them around.

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

Quick question about harvesting Gibdo Bones. Do they disappear or become harder to find after finishing the Lightning Temple? Based on story so far it seems like they might. If so I’ll try to stock up.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vanadium posted:

ehhh hard no, this is entirely not his jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

EPICAC posted:

Quick question about harvesting Gibdo Bones. Do they disappear or become harder to find after finishing the Lightning Temple? Based on story so far it seems like they might. If so I’ll try to stock up.

There's a place in the Depths with lots of them, and they're still in caves all around the area that will be easier to find once the temple is done.