Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

CLAM DOWN posted:

still mad at blizzard there's no paladin/crusader/monk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Act 4: Ouch, that obvious cut content point. D4 is lucky that it's good because when you can see the parts where it was rushed it really shows. The story we do get is good, nice supporting cast build up. We obviously needed some meaningful story task and an associated dungeon to do here but I guess Act 3 was a bit long anddddd

Andariel RULES. drat. Great fight, great set up, unique enemy design, great glow-up while still undeniably that Diablo 2 design. It's interesting how the Maiden of Anguish puts you into painful setups to watch you suffer and die and you're sweating while you try to break your tethers and get out of the death fog, and the phase transition was slick.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Act 4 must be the shortest act in Diablo history being a brisk 40 seconds long.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

still mad at blizzard there's no paladin/crusader/monk

I can accept waiting for this, but from what Rod Fergusson said on the Xbox Twitch stream a few days ago, he really doesn't want to add these classes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Clocks posted:

you absolutely should not be incentivized to run regular dungeons over the endgame form of nightmare dungeons.

Are we? I am still only just breaking into T4, I agree that the normal dungeons go faster but you can't upgrade sigils from them unless I'm missing something. Upgrading sigils seems like it's kind of worth doing nightmare dungeons at a level you can actually finish without too much trouble.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

M. Night Skymall posted:

Straight Lucky hit bonus can show up on gloves and rings. Gloves has the largest modifier for it.

Is there a convenient table somewhere online that lists all the possible affixes for each slot?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I Found A Pair Of Boots That Gives Me +2 Dodge Charges And Now I Am In Heaven: A memoir of my redemption.

I genuinely wish that boots could roll 2 primary modifiers because getting a little speed boost on dodge is also pretty kino, but loving terrible by itself.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

exquisite tea posted:

Paladins were all corrupted by Mephisto in D2.
Monks were brainwashed by Inarius' cult.
Crusaders have fallen on hard times in Hawezar.

Only the Witch Doctor remains pure.

Zakarum were not the only sect of paladins hth

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
hoard nothing it's just gonna collect dust as soon as seasons start rolling around anyway.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

I said come in! posted:

I can accept waiting for this, but from what Rod Fergusson said on the Xbox Twitch stream a few days ago, he really doesn't want to add these classes.

gently caress Rod he better add a paladin class or a class that mixes Amazon spear skills + paladin holy classes and make a dragoon OR ELSE.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

If I got this game free on PC, it's dumb to rebuy it on the PS5, right? I just saw that you can share your data between the two and I'm wondering how much it's worth to be able to play it on the couch on the big 77" OLED. Are the controller controls as good as mouse and keyboard?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hope Blizzard gets their Diablo IV API out soon, it will be nice for players to be able to link their character profiles to ask for advice.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah but it's clumsy and inelegant. Aspects being consumables that you can't even access from the stash and that you don't have full access to from the codex make the entire process much more unsatisfying and constricting than it should be, imho. Finding a godly drop should immediately put you on a path toward respeccing to fit that build, not thinking "oh well do I have a few spare Aspects of Overpower Attacks cause your Mana Spenders to increase Lucky Hit chance by [10-15]% every Second Tuesday."

Aspects should be saved to the codex when extracted for the first time, and retain your highest rolled level. I'd be astonished if this wasn't exactly how they work one year from now.

Ehh, there's only so many important aspects and I just keep a few high-rolled legendaries for each potential spec in my stash. I don't ever extract unless I'm going to apply it right away. The only annoying ones are stuff like Ice Spikes where there's a damage component that scales with level, so the aspects on older gear becomes irrelevant

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Astryl posted:

gently caress Rod he better add a paladin class or a class that mixes Amazon spear skills + paladin holy classes and make a dragoon OR ELSE.

My feelings exactly. Someone should have went hotdog Costco on him in a meeting over this.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Phenotype posted:

If I got this game free on PC, it's dumb to rebuy it on the PS5, right? I just saw that you can share your data between the two and I'm wondering how much it's worth to be able to play it on the couch on the big 77" OLED. Are the controller controls as good as mouse and keyboard?
Absolutely double dip. The game is gorgeous and controller support is great.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

First expansion class is gonna 100% be Amazon with Mercy wings.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
Something I'm a bit confused on. I know aspects taken from legendaries are consumable, but are aspects from dungeons also consumable? If so do I have to beat the dungeon I got it from again, or is it gone forever?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
We need a manically laughing ghost man with a magic cube.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Panderfringe posted:

Something I'm a bit confused on. I know aspects taken from legendaries are consumable, but are aspects from dungeons also consumable? If so do I have to beat the dungeon I got it from again, or is it gone forever?

Dungeon aspects are reusable but they are always minimum rolls in regards to aspect quality.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Panderfringe posted:

Aspects from dungeons are not consumable, but they always have the lowest possible roll so you'll ideally only use them if you don't have a better one extracted from a drop yet.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
some post campaign story thoughts:

Neyrelle:
I like where her story is going. They're definitely trying to evoke the Dark Wanderer but I think it would be very lazy of the writers to do that again. Mephisto is a somewhat interesting ticking clock who even admits that he'll eventually be a big problem.

Donan:
I think he might be my favorite character just for the depth of his arc. I had a feeling he wouldn't make it in the end but I wish he died as a result of something more heroic instead of his weirdly random death. We just fought Ashava together and some crispy pillar zombie got the kill. I found it odd.

Lorath:
I'm glad he made it. I think he should be consigned to reluctantly watch over sanctuary for as long as possible.

Elias:
When they showed this guy in the announce trailer in 2019 I thought he was intriguing. I even noticed the missing pinky but thought that was just a bit of character design flavor. I think his fate is hilariously fitting and a form of immortality in its own way. He'll eventually have to spend an eternity next to Lorath's head, endlessly arguing and I think that owns.

Inarius:
Glad he's dead. I only wish the player was the one to do it. Could have been a cool fight in an act full of generic demon bosses and a more obvious reason for the church to turn on you at the end, which I saw coming because the tooltip for Elixir of Manslaying says it works on Knights Penitent.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Since this game is Diablo meets the Witcher, the next class will be Bard. Strum the Tristram chords at the butcher for 3 million damage.

Props where props is due, this game is the World of Diablocraft I've wanted for ages. Now to hope management doesn't screw up the follow through.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Sourdough Sam posted:

Inarius:
Glad he's dead. I only wish the player was the one to do it. Could have been a cool fight in an act full of generic demon bosses and a more obvious reason for the church to turn on you at the end, which I saw coming because the tooltip for Elixir of Manslaying says it works on Knights Penitent.

Hard agree. The only thing that slightly redeems it is how utterly insane and badass the "final" cinematic was. Easily one of the best cinematics I've ever seen made by Blizzard.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Phenotype posted:

Controller+TV feels fantastic.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
It'd be nice if they did a thing where if you beat a nightmare dungeon at tier 30 or 50 or whatever you get the max roll for the aspect

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
So the player character is Diablo, right?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

explosivo posted:

Are we? I am still only just breaking into T4, I agree that the normal dungeons go faster but you can't upgrade sigils from them unless I'm missing something. Upgrading sigils seems like it's kind of worth doing nightmare dungeons at a level you can actually finish without too much trouble.

Glyphs are the one benefit to nightmare dungeons, yes. The problem is that for everything else you can go to a regular dungeon. Exp + density is just better in some of those (which means more item drops due to elite density, although for items you can also do helltide). If they just gave a boost to exp in nightmare dungeons and upped the density then people wouldn't have a reason to go to regular dungeons anymore, which imo is how it should be in the higher world tiers anyway.

Fwiw I think doing sigils is more fun than just running a normal dungeon over and over and over but I feel like that shouldn't even be a consideration for people to bash their heads against. Like if people ran blood aqueducts for exp in PoE despite being level 90.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s time to love the story of sanctuary forward. Maybe some orcs from another planet can invade through a giant portal.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

exquisite tea posted:

Paladins were all corrupted by Mephisto in D2.
Monks were brainwashed by Inarius' cult.
Crusaders have fallen on hard times in Hawezar.

Only the Witch Doctor remains pure.

the D3 Monk has nothing at all to do with the Monks from the Cathedral

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

exquisite tea posted:

First expansion class is gonna 100% be Amazon with Mercy wings.

Naw paladin.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Magus42 posted:

Appearance only. Devs don't want you to you do multiple builds with one character, so there will be nothing that makes that easy. They were pretty clear in interviews that they want you to make a new character for a new build.

Yeah it's much easier to level up a dude rather than, refund your skills and manually put on gear...?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sourdough Sam posted:

some post campaign story thoughts:

Inarius:

One thing I don't quite get is how death works in the Diablo universe. Even lightweights like Duriel and Andariel can come back to Sanctuary with enough ritual. What does it actually matter that Inarius and Lilith got killed? People seem pretty psyched about it, but all the demons that get killed instead of contained or imprisoned just come back after a few years.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 9, 2023

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love diablo four

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I said come in! posted:

He can call it Knight or Armiger or Cavalier or whatever the gently caress he wants, just as long as I get some sort of heavily armored sword and board dude. All the other classes are babby's first fantasy archetype, why are they so averse to this one in particular

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They go on timeout for a long time

They have a respawn timer basically

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
The angels actually die from what I understand, but when they die it frees up supply so Heaven can spawn another angel.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheAgent posted:

So the player character is Diablo, right?

no Diablo is dead and gone for good at this point in the lore.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I said come in! posted:

is this gonna be like the thing they did during D3 where they didn't want to add Necro, then eventually did it anyhow?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

It will be a balm for his conscience to lock each one behind a 70 dollar expansion pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

is this gonna be like the thing they did during D3 where they didn't want to add Necro, then eventually did it anyhow?

I would bet good money Blizzard caves, yeah. It's almost for sure on their board of "do this when the player numbers start to dwindle."