Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Edgemaster's disabled

https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1667234222145429504

I wonder if it's due to yet another busted Barb interaction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I said come in! posted:

no Diablo is dead and gone for good at this point in the lore.

I seriously doubt

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Edgemaster's disabled

Boy this seems, uh, extreme.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Lol gonna be changed can't be having arc lash build do 20 percent more damage.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Kaldaris posted:

Hard agree. The only thing that slightly redeems it is how utterly insane and badass the "final" cinematic was. Easily one of the best cinematics I've ever seen made by Blizzard.

ok here's an idea Donan could have struggled with Inarius to get the soulstone back and dies in the process. You then fight Inarius until he goes "Enough!" and traps you. Then he goes and faces Lilith and we keep the cool movie.

Everybody wins!

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Edgemaster's disabled

I had this and I didn't see anything seemingly broken about it? maybe something that isn't standard to leveling barb

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

*or I don't know there's something broken when I 1 shot several elites together in an upheaval. I was doing that before I got that lego

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I found this down the comments for that.

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1666964491408674816?s=20

(The hat comment is about the streamer's dumbass hat he wore on camera)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Edgemaster's disabled

This is the extreme opposite of a good idea to be doing.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Looks like there was a bug with it that made whirlwind do infinite damage

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I can accept waiting for this, but from what Rod Fergusson said on the Xbox Twitch stream a few days ago, he really doesn't want to add these classes.

gently caress Rod i want a holy warrior

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m happy for rhykker

He had a slow couple of years there

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Donan seemed like kind of a dipshit so it made total sense to me that he got got because he couldn't help himself from dicking around with the corpse pillars.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

Donan seemed like kind of a dipshit so it made total sense to me that he got got because he couldn't help himself from dicking around with the corpse pillars.

I got the sense that he thought he saw his son on one of them .

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Edgemaster's Aspect was used by the vast majority of builds, definitely bone spear necros and arc lash sorcerers and flurry rogues, etc. It seems crazy that there is something so broken about it they need to turn it off.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I love blizzards approach to balancing because I've never been unlucky enough to be effected by it and the reactions are hilarious.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

DarkDobe posted:

To the other sorcs wondering what's up at high end - I don't know what is different about mine but I have zero issue killing big chonky dudes like bosses and stragglers with arc lash/static bolts?

Yes, you do go OOM faster versus smaller numbers of enemies - and ideally you R-click and delete 100 men at a time thanks to the vacuum-teleport Unique - but your dps vs bosses should still be crazy, especially if you are using Unstable Currents.

I put up a video of me fighting Elias in the capstone earlier - I eat over half his health bar using 1 stun window + currents. It's insane the amount of DPS you can put out with it - and it also has the benefit of erasing everything within 2 screens because of the sheer volume of nonsense you vomit out. Remember too, the more reliably you can churn out stuns (see below with teleport) the faster you stagger them - and while staggered, it counts as the boss being under ALL cc effects at once.

A lot of my stats ended up with bonuses to CLOSE ENEMIES and bonuses while barrier is active - which is almost 100% uptime. Yes there's a ton of damage to stunned enemies in the paragon board, that lets you wipe out non-bosses. You should also definitely try running the 'You deal more damage to Unstoppable enemies' - the uptime on that gets very high vs elites later on. My charged bolts unique staff rolled absolutely ludicrous stats, and I am going to struggle to replace it (707 base ilevel). I am currenty using 'skills have 5% to freecast Unstable Currents' but I might drop it, as the occasional lightning spear/orb isn't that amazing.

I am NOT using arc lash as an enchantment, though - I use Teleport instead, since Raiment of the Infinite turns teleport into a stun, and having 2 of them is crazy strong. I recently swapped from boots that give 2 extra evades to boots that reduce cooldown by .8 per attack - and that makes it, on average, so that I can teleport once every 5-6 seconds - and give you barrier each time you do it, including with the dash. The paragon that refills you for stunning works perfectly with this, too.

The Firebolt enchantment is purely to dive into all of the passive damage bonuses like extra crit vs on-fire. I'm pretty sure that the fire applies BEFORE your initial damage, so you are always benefiting from it.

You must have wildly different gear than me.

Your posts are what inspired me to try the charged bolt build yesterday since I have Raiment of the Infinite & the unique charged bolt staff. It did not work at all for me. It was noticeably weaker than my ice shard build. My ice shard build deletes larger packs of enemies in about 1 second, but the charged bolt build took like 4-5 seconds per pack. Both are equally weak against single targets or 3-4 pack stragglers.

I'm level 65 in world tier IV and most of my gear is sacred item level 650~ stuff. I'm sitting at like 2500 life, 4000 armor, and 2800~ attack power. I've imprinted the relevant good aspects in my gear (damage to CC'ed enemies, damage up with barrier, damage up to vuln with barrier, etc...). So I'm not sure what's causing me to have such a different experience.

Ultimately, it's a complaint of relativism. It's not like I am unable to progress. I can do helltides on world tier IV because most enemies are clumped into perfect groups. I can run whisper dungeons solo. But I just have a much harder time than my friends with different classes, who have 100% uptime on their characters, and do much better vs elites and bosses not in a group.

I think I am going to try an arc lash focused build this weekend.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Act 6: Wow, Duriel was a difficulty spike, I really wasn't expecting that. Still took him down, but drat. E: The dungeon immediately following the boss fight is level 45+. I might be pretty underlevel, which would explain a lot.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 9, 2023

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Megasabin posted:

You must have wildly different gear than me.

Your posts are what inspired me to try the charged bolt build yesterday since I have Raiment of the Infinite & the unique charged bolt staff. It did not work at all for me. It was noticeably weaker than my ice shard build. My ice shard build deletes larger packs of enemies in about 1 second, but the charged bolt build took like 4-5 seconds per pack. Both are equally weak against single targets or 3-4 pack stragglers.

I'm level 65 in world tier IV and most of my gear is sacred item level 650~ stuff. I'm sitting at like 2500 life, 4000 armor, and 2800~ attack power. I've imprinted the relevant good aspects in my gear (damage to CC'ed enemies, damage up with barrier, damage up to vuln with barrier, etc...). So I'm not sure what's causing me to have such a different experience.

Ultimately, it's a complaint of relativism. It's not like I am unable to progress. I can do helltides on world tier IV because most enemies are clumped into perfect groups. I can run whisper dungeons solo. But I just have a much harder time than my friends with different classes, who have 100% uptime on their characters, and do much better vs elites and bosses not in a group.

I think I am going to try an arc lash focused build this weekend.

I'll try and post up my build/stats for comparison after work. I'm 64 and my attack power is almost 3300 iirc. I'm almost certain it's my staff carrying 80% of the weight because it rolled ridiculously high modifiers.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

TorakFade posted:

People say this, but they don't say that you first have to salvage a bunch of legendaries because otherwise you won't have the mats to imprint.

I finished 2 dungeons just to get the aspects and figured out I can't imprint them because I'm still using most of my legendaries (and the first 3 that I salvaged gave only normal resources :argh: ), thus my question about where do I get more of those! :v:

I'm guessing/hoping this becomes more viable later, because I'm extracting aspects from all the legendaries I find instead of salvaging them. The only situation where I can see myself salvaging them is if I already have one of that aspect stored (and it's not one that I'm super interested in).

Edgemaster's disabled

That's a bit confusing to me, since it seems like it can't provide more than 20% extra damage. Seems like there are a bunch of other aspects with more potential to be "broken."

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Kaldaris posted:

Hard agree. The only thing that slightly redeems it is how utterly insane and badass the "final" cinematic was. Easily one of the best cinematics I've ever seen made by Blizzard.

this was so bizarre to me, like yeah the cinematic Kicked rear end but almost none of it was really matched in the gameplay, even down to Prava still being alive when you run into her vs her dying in the cinematic. it really feels like they finished the cinematic for a different version of the story, then had to do a bunch of rewrites but didn't have the time or budget to re-do the cinematic

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
Can anyone on PS5 tell me whether the game stutters there too? I get horrendous stuttering in towns, but great performance in dungeons so I've just about ruled out a hardware issue on my end but figured I'd ask. Probably a server side issue at Blizzard

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

I said come in! posted:

no Diablo is dead and gone for good at this point in the lore.

I don't know if this is a serious post but this is 100% incorrect.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Jinnigan posted:

this was so bizarre to me, like yeah the cinematic Kicked rear end but almost none of it was really matched in the gameplay, even down to Prava still being alive when you run into her vs her dying in the cinematic. it really feels like they finished the cinematic for a different version of the story, then had to do a bunch of rewrites but didn't have the time or budget to re-do the cinematic

comic book rules my dude. unless you see someone get shanked in a cutscene it doesn't mean they're dead. she just gets a trillion fallen piled atop her.

I don't get that disconnect at all, though. Lilith's petals have always shown you a glimpse of the past and that's exactly what's happening when you get to the cinematic. You get to glimpse what happened just before you arrived.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Jinnigan posted:

The cinematic is showing what happened before you got there, hence the giant piles of dead demons and knights everywhere in game. Prava doesn't die in the cinematic either, she just gets pulled down into a crowd of demons. People get severely hosed up but not dead from demons all the time, it's not really a contradiction

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
lost my hc sorc at level 50 to one of the world bosses. my own dumb mistake. was super fun getting there though

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Tiny Timbs posted:

One thing I don't quite get is how death works in the Diablo universe. Even lightweights like Duriel and Andariel can come back to Sanctuary with enough ritual. What does it actually matter that Inarius and Lilith got killed? People seem pretty psyched about it, but all the demons that get killed instead of contained or imprisoned just come back after a few years.

So the Prime & Lesser evils (Diablo, Baal, Mephisto, Duriel, Andariel, Belia, and Aszmodan) are basically immortal and can always be brought back with enough time, rituals, magic, etc. They *can* be banished to the "black abyss" which can make it infinitely harder for them to be brought back (this is where Lilith was banish to by Inarius a thousand years before D4).

Angels, and specifically Arch-Angels are one of the same "essence" so to speak, Inarius will be brought back as a new persona with the same aspect (Valor, Hope, Wisdom, etc), but will no longer be "Inarius". HOWEVER, this is dependent on the ability of the Crystal Arch in heaven to still be able to ring out upon an archangels death. (We don't know if it can, because it was cracked by Diablo in D3 (which was the entire purpose of his plan)).

So could we get a new arch angel? Yes. However it's entirely possible that the only known archangels left in existence are: Imperius, Itherael, and Auriel. Which would match the "three" symbology that constitutes the Primes.

Lilith and lesser demons we don't know if their death is permanent of if they have some other means of resurrection. The reason the great evils are immortal is because they are all part of the seven heads of Tathamet.)

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Ytlaya posted:

That's a bit confusing to me, since it seems like it can't provide more than 20% extra damage. Seems like there are a bunch of other aspects with more potential to be "broken."

could just be straight up bugged and needs hotfixing, which would explain why they're taking this approach rather than waiting for a patch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Astryl posted:

I don't know if this is a serious post but this is 100% incorrect.

Ooh well good, i'm glad to be wrong about this one.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Edgemaster's was bugged with Whirlwind somehow. 100 billion damage lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ytlaya posted:

I'm guessing/hoping this becomes more viable later, because I'm extracting aspects from all the legendaries I find instead of salvaging them. The only situation where I can see myself salvaging them is if I already have one of that aspect stored (and it's not one that I'm super interested in).

Pretty clear it’s actually bugged in some certain scenario. This isn’t a simple balance issue.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Are aspects from the Codex one-time use or can you use them multiple times? Trying to decide whether to use 'em or save 'em for later in the game.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Also bear in mind it's about to be the weekend. My guess is this is a temporary stopgap they'll revisit next week. Gives them more time to workshop a proper adjustment while a) letting some devs rest and b) avoiding a risky Fri deployment. The latter could result in lovely player experiences (like a truly awful and unforeseen bug) and (more) overtime by the devs

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Are aspects from the Codex one-time use or can you use them multiple times? Trying to decide whether to use 'em or save 'em for later in the game.

You can use them all you want but they always have the minimum on them.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

One time use my friend. Once they're in, you can't extract them back out. :EDIT: My bad, I thought you were asking about stuff outside of the codex. Yes, you can use the codex aspects as much as you want.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Thanks!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

goferchan posted:

Lmao. Does anything even stand a chance or do all the enemies just instantly die?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

goferchan posted:

Typical D3 experience

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I felt like a king when I hit the 1 million dps threshold in D3 the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

goferchan posted:

Yea the world first hardcore tier 4 killing of Lilith, that was on stream... possibly someone did it offline first, was done this morning by someone doing this. I don't understand how it works but he was just spinning around for 3-4 minutes constantly and then all of a sudden she goes from nearly full health to zero and same for phase 2.

edit: Also people were claiming Blizzard has known about this for months and the issue was reported back in beta.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 9, 2023