Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

I like how it's actually The Mattering today actually for serious and part of this often rumored never materialized event, when it finally unicorns in, is pictures of a wall of classified documents trump just stacked up by the shitter and audio transcripts of trump all going "look here at all my illegal documents, wow, just look here, isn't that neat, these documents (the illegal ones)" and then his fuckin Lionel Hutz rear end legal team does a backflip out the back window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Staluigi posted:

I like how it's actually The Mattering today actually for serious and part of this often rumored never materialized event, when it finally unicorns in, is pictures of a wall of classified documents trump just stacked up by the shitter and audio transcripts of trump all going "look here at all my illegal documents, wow, just look here, isn't that neat, these documents (the illegal ones)"

Reality really has gone so far beyond the point of parody. This is so completely insane lol

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

Reality really has gone so far beyond the point of parody. This is so completely insane lol

100%

What a time to be alive.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

cr0y posted:

OUR military capabilities

You can read one when you get bored with the other! He's just a good host.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Boris Galerkin posted:

Yeah but just in case people don’t wanna click the PowerPoint linked above FRD examples includes:

stockpile quantities, weapons safety and storage, weapon yields, and where they are kept

Holy poo poo. I can only imagine the amount of scrambling done in a bunch of federal agencies these past several months once they realized the scope of this breach.

gregday
May 23, 2003

The list of documents he’s being charged with.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I mean this is 100% the thing that many many people said would never happen and it looks serious as gently caress

but the next big hurdle will be the long drawn out legal process and I'm fully expecting some bullshit along the way of evidence being thrown out because *reasons* that don't actually make sense

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I’m still on the fence on whether this is the mattering or not. It all depends on what """judge""" Cannon decides to do next.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I really hope the guy who drained the swimming pool into the server room gets caught up in all this too.

Like you can’t make that poo poo up lmao.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m still on the fence on whether this is the mattering or not. It all depends on what """judge""" Cannon decides to do next.

Last time she hosed with a case for Trump she got slapped down pretty hard by the 11th circuit, yeah?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Boris Galerkin posted:

I really hope the guy who drained the swimming pool into the server room gets caught up in all this too.

I'm sorry, I must have missed this?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Boris Galerkin posted:

given the convo transcripts, that dude straight up looks like a criminal mastermind in comparison

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i subscribe to the notion that our lived experiences are pretty much the same as lived experiences throughout history, but boy the trump administration has really strained that particular belief

Nitrousoxide posted:

I'm at the toilet. I'm at the nuclear launch code storage room. I'm at the combination toilet and nuclear launch code storage room.

holy poo poo

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I'm sorry, I must have missed this?

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1665812869143748608?s=20

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

AsInHowe posted:

That's a lot of espionage!

Incredible espionage. People are saying it's more espionage than any president has ever done.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

laserghost posted:

imagine the smell of us top secret documents that were stored in someone's bathroom

did they had to disinfect them before evaluating?

It really re-contextualizes Trump’s complaints about under powered toilets and having to flush multiple times.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nuclear poo poo!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
it's a bad look when your toilet is backing up top secret poo poo

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

SirFozzie posted:

This has more of the exchange. Also, the document in question was a military plan to attack a foreign country.

https://twitter.com/maritzac/status/1667237546063962130

[Nervous laughter while glancing at the tape recorder in the room as my boss admits to commiting federal crimes] must not have fit

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 10, 2023

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Xand_Man posted:

[Nervous laughter while glancing at the tape recorder in the room while my boss admits to commiting federal crimes] must not have fit

Holy poo poo, thats really bad. If he doesn't die of natural causes in the next five years there is a real chance for him to spend the rest of his days in prison.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Staluigi posted:

then his fuckin Lionel Hutz rear end legal team does a backflip out the back window

This is the funniest thing about this to me, because of all the times i've wanted to do that on a client, but haven't

My guess is that he spent the past few years in denial with his lawyers going "well, maybe it won't happen, maybe it will, let's prepare" and he ignored them in full denial mode up till BLAMMO and then they tried to explain what he was facing now and he had a full narcissistic rage meltdown at them and raged out and they just went "lol, gently caress no" and bailed on him

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I just read the indictment. IANAL, but the form at the end says that the prosecutor expects to be able to complete a trial within 21 days. Do any lawyers ITT have experience with how accurate/inaccurate that assessment tends to be? I realize we're in a bit of uncharted territory here.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Cimber posted:

Holy poo poo, thats really bad. If he doesn't die of natural causes in the next five years there is a real chance for him to spend the rest of his days in prison.

My worst angels tell me that Trump will go to prison, where he will write a book about his difficulties and fights. And then run again. The only silver lining in this scenario is that Trump is very old.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Ynglaur posted:

I just read the indictment. IANAL, but the form at the end says that the prosecutor expects to be able to complete a trial within 21 days. Do any lawyers ITT have experience with how accurate/inaccurate that assessment tends to be? I realize we're in a bit of uncharted territory here.

Probably likely. But that trial won’t start for months.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Octatonic posted:

My worst angels tell me that Trump will go to prison, where he will write a book about his difficulties and fights. And then run again. The only silver lining in this scenario is that Trump is very old.

My Struggle, just the best struggle, they were very unfair to me

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Nitrousoxide posted:

What are the odds of ol' Donny boy wriggling out of this one? Better than even?
95% if Cannon stays in control, 5% with a real judge

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

NBC live stream just said that the rear end in a top hat has tweeted that the law says he's allowed to do everything the indictment said he did.

So throw out the "I didn't do it" argument lmao.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

It's going to be a long long time until there's a trial because the defense has to be allowed a lot of time to plan their legal strategy.

E: checkmate, prosecutor

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Everyone keeps talking about prison. It'll be house arrest if they get him.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1667231871850119168

What are the odds that Trump plays War Thunder

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

TrixRabbi posted:

Everyone keeps talking about prison. It'll be house arrest if they get him.

I'm pretty sure that if he is given some kind of prison or house arrest sentence, he will not serve it. He's old, he's unhealthy, and I mean there's also a non-zero chance someone Epsteins him to be frank if it looks like he might spill some beans. Even if this is truly the Mattering I still don't think Trump will serve much or any of whatever he is sentenced to.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Staluigi posted:

I like how it's actually The Mattering today actually for serious and part of this often rumored never materialized event, when it finally unicorns in, is pictures of a wall of classified documents trump just stacked up by the shitter and audio transcripts of trump all going "look here at all my illegal documents, wow, just look here, isn't that neat, these documents (the illegal ones)" and then his fuckin Lionel Hutz rear end legal team does a backflip out the back window

I just want you to know that I find this a wonderful summary of the current situation and it made my day.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
Are these actual audio recording or audio from security cams?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Old Surly posted:

Some of them are text message exchanges, but the one being shared above is a recorded interview (with knowledge and permission of the rear end in a top hat) it says.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Old Surly posted:

Audio from Margot Martin who was recording as part of a book she’s writing about Milley.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Question IRL posted:

It will later turn out that the confidential source is a pizza hamberders delivery guy that Trump invited in and told him about all these classified documents he has in his home, and how he told the DOJ he didn't have it but he's kept it anyway. And he didn't tip the delivery guy.

This post of mine is coming up on one year old.

But everything that has happened since only makes it sound more credible, not less.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

The Question IRL posted:

This post of mine is coming up on one year old.

But everything that has happened since only makes it sound more credible, not less.

You were pretty close to be fair.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm pretty sure that if he is given some kind of prison or house arrest sentence, he will not serve it. He's old, he's unhealthy, and I mean there's also a non-zero chance someone Epsteins him to be frank if it looks like he might spill some beans. Even if this is truly the Mattering I still don't think Trump will serve much or any of whatever he is sentenced to.

They're not going to find him guilty of big crimes and then say "well he's 76 years old and eats Big Macs for every meal, so we're not going to actually sentence him to anything".

For a point of comparison, Bernie Madoff was 71 years old when he was sentenced to 150 years in prison. Even when he developed terminal kidney disease at age 82, he was denied compassionate release and died in a prison hospital just over a year later.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

gregday posted:

Audio from Margot Martin who was recording as part of a book she’s writing about Milley.

you're loving kidding me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

AsInHowe posted:

That's a lot of espionage!

The most and best espionage of anyone in history. Believe me.