Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug
It was a meteor with a high nickel content which made it burn green upon entering the atmosphere. I've seen meteors like that before and they're quite spectacular. The sound on the ring camera was the sonic boom. These are just kids having fun telling some (heh) tall tales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

DrSunshine posted:

Who else really enjoyed watching Flight of the Navigator as a kid?

Hell yeah, one of my childhood favorites

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i've seen a few meteors and they were all the neon green kind. no giant aliens accompanied them.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

For once I'd like to hear a journalist just be like "if you're lying about the aliens, I'm going to beat your rear end"

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

mediaphage posted:

i’m just waiting for it to come out that the icig concerns are over this guys story of retaliation and not anything rad like a hypership

This is my biggest anticlimax concern.

Also, Flight of the Navigator is such a classic. Here's an awesome video describing how they did the SFX:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyixMpuGEL8

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i loved flight of the navigator. i never cared for my family that much so i always thought that given the opportunity i’d probably just go with the alien ship

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Top Gun Reference posted:

It was a meteor with a high nickel content which made it burn green upon entering the atmosphere. I've seen meteors like that before and they're quite spectacular. The sound on the ring camera was the sonic boom. These are just kids having fun telling some (heh) tall tales.

Their yard looks like a used car lot. Alien was an inflatable tube man.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
take us to your leader.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

cat botherer posted:

Have you posted about this experience before?

Yes, you should be able to find it if you wanna. It's not terribly interesting really, but I saw what I saw that day. Can't explain it.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

uber_stoat posted:

take us to your leader.

wacky waving inflatable arm flailing aitees

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I don’t think this has been posted here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU8alQ3Daaw

The crash encounter starts around the 4:00 mark.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

HOw cOuLd thEy KeEp iT A sEcREt sO LonG?

https://twitter.com/TheProjectUnity/status/1667173504653959173?t=XT_X3ooXes4ZpW8HCJuiKA&s=19

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

b-minus1 posted:

I think it has, but it been a while. Thank you for bringing it back up!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

b-minus1 posted:

ngl ive always thought that guy gives very strong lance corporal vibes, like the archetypical terminal lance

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lokar posted:

this is the best picture I could find, but who knows how much manipulation they did to get it

still he looks cute :cthulhu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ljOcl39PQ&t=25s

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lokar posted:

this is the best picture I could find, but who knows how much manipulation they did to get it

still he looks cute :cthulhu:

Bijou??????

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Pie in the Sky posted:

Oh poo poo, I missed the part where he said "weird looking feet," now I'm both convinced and horny.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

so does this mean we're gonna get footage of buzz aldrin and radar hanging out on the moon? all those weird transmissions about "visitors" or w/e?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

WEH posted:

so does this mean we're gonna get footage of buzz aldrin and radar hanging out on the moon? all those weird transmissions about "visitors" or w/e?

imagine bill nelson, sweating profusely trying to explain to the american people that nasa has no idea about any of this, but is very excited to get involved

edit: googles auto summarization is dogshit, but bill nelson is very funny

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 22:36 on Jun 9, 2023

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
two days til we get a long interview with mister whistleblower. i think it’ll be easier to get a read on him after that

i will say if he turns out to be grifty this will be painfully deleterious to ross, the writers, and newsnation, too

of course kean can go back to writing books about the proof of life after death or whatever, i doubt this will affect that

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

lmao owned

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

jrod vs radar at Madison square garden 7/4/23

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Need some updates to this news desperately...

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

ngl ive always thought that guy gives very strong lance corporal vibes, like the archetypical terminal lance

100%. this guy is pure marine.

also believe him 100%

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i like how upfront he was about basically wanting to gently caress the aliens. it's not gay if they're from space.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Need some updates to this news desperately...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12177943/amp/Marine-vet-breaks-14-year-silence-make-astonishing-claim-six-man-unit-saw-UFO.html

Lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

well that's a bad feeling one

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

b-minus1 posted:

It's real, it's always been real and it will always be real.

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

yessss

we shall get such delicious content out of this

more more more :dance:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

drat hope that's a larp though, imagine outing the American black ops forces as Ford guys

Danru
May 23, 2022

The fact that the Marine correctly recalls that it was Air Force that made him sign an NDA lol, this is also probably real. gently caress it they're among us, and there's probably more than one alien race involved.

Also the Peru one, forgot about that encounter, that one is also without a doubt real-- guy is a jarhead.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

lmao if we're trading arms/tech with an alien race

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Danru posted:

Also the Peru one, forgot about that encounter, that one is also without a doubt real-- guy is a jarhead.

yeah I don't know where they make those guys but someone find the one who cast the mold because he is pure marine junior enlisted

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Google Butt posted:

the boxes were full of adrenochrome, fyi

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

quote:

Herrera is also planning to tell his story at a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington DC on Monday organized by Greer, alongside four other UFO witnesses.

The ex-marine claims his five former comrades are too scared to come forward.

In a May 3 text message, one wrote: 'this is asking to[o] much of me and it's not worth the risk.'

'It's not worth my life or jeopardizing my family. I know we go way back, but this is asking to[o] much. You need to get out of whatever you are in and don't get me involved with this mess. My career isn't worth helping you. Don't ask me to do this s**t ever again.'

DailyMail.com verified the sender was a marine serving in the same unit in 2009.

alright then, Sunday we get the long interview and now it looks like the Monday Greer thing might actually be worth a peek ?

I’m ready to be disappointed, but drat fun week ahead

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Google Butt posted:

You can put lots of stuff in a weapons crate that isn't weapons

My read on that story is that it's an indigenously developed craft being loaded with crap

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

maybe there was also a disaster in a parallel dimension and the nice americans were helping out the aliens with supplies :)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

The descriptions from these two marines line up in a lot of ways, yikes..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Slavvy posted:

You can put lots of stuff in a weapons crate that isn't weapons

My read on that story is that it's an indigenously developed craft being loaded with crap

The question is did we steal it or trade for it, because we definitely didn't build it