Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MorningMoon posted:

I hope Shocker is back in this game. I think Yuri needs to tell him whether or not Shocker can escape him, and where he'd chase him to.

The funny thing is that Shocker should wreck Black Suit Spidey. Vibrations are one of the black suits big weaknesses. This did not happen in the cartoon cause they thought Shocker's blasts were electric, and not vibration based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, to be fair, if you see a dude called Shocker in insulated wear and you're not paying complete attention, it's a reasonable conclusion to come to

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FilthyImp posted:

Instant/Dynamic switch from Pete to Miles.

I hope so but it seems like an insta-GTA 5 switch and more for replayability and getting different story viewpoints than something like Arkham's tag-team.

I also got too hyped for Insomniac's rifts in Rift Apart that turned out in combat to just be clunky teleports.

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, to be fair, if you see a dude called Shocker in insulated wear and you're not paying complete attention, it's a reasonable conclusion to come to

Why Lee/Romita didn't name him Shockwave I'll never know.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, hopefully the other Spidey is just going about their normal day whenever you switch to them, so you catch them meeting MJ/eating pizza with Ganke/in class or the lab/chilling with Spider-Cat/chasing balloons/taking a dump, etc

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I assume there'll come a point where you can't switch to Peter and he'll do something disproportionately brutal to Kraven in the heat of the moment that makes it clear he's going too far and then you'll get a bossfight as Miles against Peter and then a weird internal bossfight as Peter vs the Symbiote, probably a version of the now infamous church scene and then yeah a science rebuild that lets you keep the symbiote moveset/functionality.

Then Venom steps in to be the main villain for the second half or last third of the game. It wouldn't surprise me if the story is far reaching enough for them to have the bandwidth to include an Eddie Brock storyline that runs alongside the rest of the plot as well and ends in the way you'd expect, they could go the way Spectacular Spider-Man did and have him be a connors lab assistant dude who is a work friend of Parkers or something, for example, since it seems like the Lizard is going to figure into it a fair bit. Or yeah have Harry be it since they're focusing on the "Harry is sick" thing in these trailers.

The thing that makes me think Brock might be in it is they kept Doc Ock being in the first game and being a close mentor figure to Peter a relatively well kept secret up until release, none of the trailers showed any of the conversational story stuff that made up a lot of that game (because it wouldn't have made for great trailer obviously) so I feel like there's lot of options and ways they can go. I assume Miles and Peter will have their own arcs and side stuff and you can switch between them at will outside of missions/activities but the main story will hopefully have a lot of stuff for both of them.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yeah, there's plenty of room to develop Brock in the space of one game. Especially if the game is longer than the first one.

Harry seems easiest so far but he wasn't really in the first game so he and Brock would basically be starting from the same point anyway.

And really, Insomniac so far hasn't played fast and loose with villain identities. Everyone has been a faithful adaptation and that looks to continue with Kraven and Lizard and Wraith. Tinkerer would be the exception but even there they still stuck with the name.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Harry sounded like a decent person in the first game.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The funniest thing about the game is how it sets up Peter beating the poo poo out of all these OAPs. Tooms is 76(!), Doc's pushing 60, I think Norman is 60 or even more. The Amazing, Spectacular Geezer-Puncher.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sentinel Red posted:

The funniest thing about the game is how it sets up Peter beating the poo poo out of all these OAPs. Tooms is 76(!), Doc's pushing 60, I think Norman is 60 or even more. The Amazing, Spectacular Geezer-Puncher.
Truely the Zoomer hero we need.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wonder if we'll get any Yui in this game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

I wonder if we'll get any Yui in this game.

Yuri? Yeah she's Wraith now

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Opopanax posted:

Yuri? Yeah she's Wraith now

I'm going to guess I spelled it Yuri because that's also the first name of Peter's actor who is married to Yuri's actor and aaaaaah.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sentinel Red posted:

In Spider-Man 1 I think they say Peter had been Spider-Man for 8 years, and it's generally canonical that he gets his powers when he's 15. So he'd be 23 or 24, assuming Harry is the same age that'd put Norman in his late 40s or early 50s unless he was well over 30 when Harry was born.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I hope the new Peter design looks better here. It felt really rushed in the remaster and Miles

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Was Brock ever mentioned in the ps4 Spider-Man? I beat the game and first DLC when it came out, but haven't really played it since and I was wondering if like Jonah mentioned him in a podcast or some other piece of side dialog brought him up as another news photographer or something.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Bugle gang appear as signatures on a goodbye card to Peter.

Edit: Brock was one of the signatures. Just making that clear since Brock isn't always a Bugle person like Betty or Robbie.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 25, 2023

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Air Skwirl posted:

In Spider-Man 1 I think they say Peter had been Spider-Man for 8 years, and it's generally canonical that he gets his powers when he's 15. So he'd be 23 or 24, assuming Harry is the same age that'd put Norman in his late 40s or early 50s unless he was well over 30 when Harry was born.

I had it the wrong way round: Norman is 58, Otto is 63.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

In Miles Morales they say he's 24

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Flesnolk posted:

In Miles Morales they say he's 24

Okay, then either Harry is older than Peter (which I highly doubt, they're high school friends in most versions), Norman is an old dad (possible), or Norman is in his early-mid 50s at the oldest.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Air Skwirl posted:

Okay, then either Harry is older than Peter (which I highly doubt, they're high school friends in most versions), Norman is an old dad (possible), or Norman is in his early-mid 50s at the oldest.

Like I said, Norman Osborn is 58. That’s his age in this. The end.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Air Skwirl posted:

Was Brock ever mentioned in the ps4 Spider-Man? I beat the game and first DLC when it came out, but haven't really played it since and I was wondering if like Jonah mentioned him in a podcast or some other piece of side dialog brought him up as another news photographer or something.

In the post-credit scene in the original we see Eddie's signature on the farewell card Peter got from leaving the Bugle, so he exists in universe already.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm still a little ambivalent on the direction they took with MJ in those games. Like, I get wanting her to be involved in the plot, and the twist that she broke up with Pete because he wouldn't let her be MORE involved with the Spider-Man stuff was good, but making her 'intrepid reporter' feels like they just wanted to write Lois Lane into a Spidey story. They could at least have had that role be Cindy Moon (opens up a third PC down the line) and have MJ doing something else.

It's also very funny how obvious it was when the first game went into development, considering how prominent Yuri and Mr Negative and FEAST are.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gonna freak if they bring in fuckin' PAUL.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

When you die, Paul is shown walking away with his arms around MJ and he turns and winks at you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I'm still a little ambivalent on the direction they took with MJ in those games. Like, I get wanting her to be involved in the plot, and the twist that she broke up with Pete because he wouldn't let her be MORE involved with the Spider-Man stuff was good, but making her 'intrepid reporter' feels like they just wanted to write Lois Lane into a Spidey story. They could at least have had that role be Cindy Moon (opens up a third PC down the line) and have MJ doing something else.

It's also very funny how obvious it was when the first game went into development, considering how prominent Yuri and Mr Negative and FEAST are.

I can't disagree more. Like, yeah, it's a bit Lois Lane but a Lois Lane to Spider-Man dynamic is way different than one to Superman and allowing MJ to actually do things goes a long way towards avoiding the 'she does nothing but get kidnapped' problem and helps cement her as a partner for Peter instead of just a Girlfriend.

Short of making her a scientist or another superhero or a (ugh) cop, there isn't really much else they can do to allow her to be active.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I do have to admit the reporter stuff is a bit overdone in superhero stories

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Spider-Man 2 official release date

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

And if you pre-order you can get all your favourite suits such as

uh well what I mean to say is you can get suits.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Lobok posted:

Tokusatsu suit...

E: Shame it doesn't look anything like the actual tokusatsu Spider-Man suit, but still!

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 9, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lobok posted:

I mean, to be fair, they used up basically all the iconic ones in the first game, and Miles doesn't really have a whole lot of alternate looks to pull from outside Spider-Verse.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There's tons of suits left, I'm just being harsh on these new unique ones Insomniac made for the game. They're for pre-order, they likely won't reveal the others until much closer to release or even just let players see them when they get the game.

As for ones from the comics, they've also shown Arachknight and Shadow-Spider, which hint at colour variants and capes being possible now for other suits.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also it's very funny that they gave the toku suit the Green Ranger's Dragon Shield

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Miles: zyuranger, zyURANGER, DENSETSU NO SENSHI TACHI WO ZYURANGER ZYURANGEEEER

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Sweeney Boo (current artist on Harley Quinn) apparently designed the Red Specter suit for Miles.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lobok posted:

There's tons of suits left

Like what? Captain Universe, Ben’s 90’s Spider-Man suit, and Miles’ most recent new one aside, I can’t think of many left. The first game must have had 90% of them..!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sentinel Red posted:

Like what? Captain Universe, Ben’s 90’s Spider-Man suit, and Miles’ most recent new one aside, I can’t think of many left. The first game must have had 90% of them..!

Miles has quite a lot for only being around a bit over a decade. I don't know if you'd know them by name so I'd have to find the image post I made in the Spider-Man game thread.

For Pete there's the 2 you mentioned, Superior, the 4 Spider-Hunt suits, ATSV 2099, Spider-Man India and I'd assume they'd go with the new ATSV one, Spider-Ham, original Kaine, Spectacular Spider-Man, Spider-Man Unlimited, any comicbook style ones done by favourite artists (Ditko, Bagley, McFarlane), the symbiote by itself has some variations plus they might do symbiote versions of other costumes, there's that blue & grey one and Chasm that were released since the first game came out, Steel Spider, the 2nd Andrew Garfield suit, and I'm sure I'll kick myself later for forgetting several others.

Also there are suits they could revisit with better technology and skills, like Spider-Man Noir because evidently now they are cape-capable.

Plus there's stuff they probably wouldn't do because it's too off-model or would require unique animations such as looks that use his exposed face or the different mutations he's had.

Edit: Japanese Spider-Man! Kicking myself already.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Lobok posted:

Miles has quite a lot for only being around a bit over a decade. I don't know if you'd know them by name so I'd have to find the image post I made in the Spider-Man game thread.

[...]Edit: Japanese Spider-Man! Kicking myself already.

I'm really hoping that's a costume for Miles, at least.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ideally most of the costumes are shared. Don't see much reason to have costumes that only Peter or Miles can wear, like we're not talking about Laurel & Hardy here. The first game demonstrated they don't care about giving Peter costumes from characters that aren't actually him. These things are mostly not canon to the game story anyway.

Some might need to be exclusive but I hope most aren't. That pre-order image where it says "5 suits each" doesn't give me much hope, though.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 9, 2023

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

People seem super pissed about the Collector's Edition being $230 and not including a physical copy of the game, just a digital download insert. But it DOES include a steelbook for your non-existant physical version. :v:

I just want a digital deluxe upgrade so I can buy the physical version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Lol incredible ripoff. People need to stop buying that junk