Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

*touches tip of hat*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

*punches palm and nods stoically*

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The iconic emote you can get from... Oh wait you can't get it anymore.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Clench fist with cracking leather sound effect emote when, SE?

/endwalker

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

orcane posted:

Your wol's thing, as a first season pvp reward only

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I hate pvp...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Alxprit posted:

I hate pvp...

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Just do some frontline roulettes and you're rank 5 (all xou need for the emote) in a few days.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Tamba posted:

Just do some frontline roulettes and you're rank 5 (all xou need for the emote) in a few days.

Alxprit posted:

I hate pvp...

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Then you don't get the emote I guess ::shrug:

E: Or wait until it's a day with the ice map and just run around hitting the targets near your base. You can probably spend a whole match without meeting an enemy player if you don't want to :v:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Isn't it unobtainable now anyways?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah, different emote this season.

I loving hate the Series exp thing and I like pvp. I hate it less now that they basically doubled frontlines series experience, but still not a fan. Also particularly annoyed that they're giving top 100 something other than a framers kit this time.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yes. The punch fist into palm (or punch fists together for some races) emote is /determined, from the Series 1 PvP rewards. Ballroom Etiquette - Persuasive Perseverance is currently unobtainable if you didn't get it when Series 1 was active. The current series has Heartfelt Sincerity or the /handtoheart emote.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I also think Matoya and Tarreson should hook up as an elderly glib power couple

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

orcane posted:

It didn't even have the nod either! It was just punching the palm!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
SE Give me the loving job crystal transformation pose right now please we don't have job quests anymore there's no reason to lock it away forever

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

SE Give me the loving job crystal transformation pose right now please we don't have job quests anymore there's no reason to lock it away forever

It would be dope if you pulled out whatever jobstone you had equipped at the time.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I can understand the top ranked PVP stuff being exclusive but just the random stuff for going up in ranks being forever exclusive to a single series is utterly baffling to me. Almost everything else in the game is very intentionally designed to be available forever in some form or another and PVP is the sole outlier here. It wouldn't be that hard to wait a patch or three, drop old series rewards in the trophy crystal shop (or even wolf marks for stuff like the rank 5 rewards), and let people go for them later on. It would remove a lot of pressure on the PVP-averse to go in and not have fun and also probably raise participation rates slightly because there's more stuff to potentially win.

I can only assume the PVP rewards are handled by that One Guy who did the original Diadem and Heavensward crafting and other crappy content. :shrug:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It would also be a good way to have more things to spend trophy crystals on when the series just keeps spewing them at us. I know the options we have aren't terrible, and we can always convert them to Wolf Marks to throw down the venture/prism/dark-matter hole, but letting people drop lots of crystals on old rewards would make them feel more substantial.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

1stGear posted:

Y'shtola: I mastered my arcane powers through years of grueling practice and study.

WoL: i hav stone and beeg hat

Not enough caster glams have beeg hats in them and I'm kind of offended by that

RME posted:

Every raid should be voiced

Honestly the one thing WoW has over FF14, so many great hammy lines

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Feldegast42 posted:

Not enough caster glams have beeg hats in them and I'm kind of offended by that

Honestly the one thing WoW has over FF14, so many great hammy lines

That and a glam system that doesn’t feel like it’s shaming me for being a hoarder

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Speaking of PvP I just had a really hectic Seal Rock. We got an early lead (red got a penta but also got in a killbox while we had two triangles pretty unapposed) and both red and blue started focusing us. Letting the other ones go past to his us, that sort of thing. It was a hectic few minutes of flailing and I think we won just via killing more than we died rather than the usual objective-focusing.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Taking an early lead in Frontline: truly the most dangerous game

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Antivehicular posted:

Taking an early lead in Frontline: truly the most dangerous game

Yeah, not mentioned: the other ten times I've been in first after the initial spawn and just gotten gangstomped back to 0 for the whole thing.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, I think my win rate is higher when I'm on the team that gets stomped into the dirt for the first couple of minutes vs. the team that starts strong, because so many people just... don't look at the scoreboard after the first few minutes, I guess?

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
Finally got up to Platinum this series... and now everyone put on my team refuses to stand on the crystal.

How? How do you get to Platinum/Diamond and not know to stand on the loving crystal?

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Twibbit posted:

Athena created spiders in Greek Mythology by the way....

Speaking of, since I spent several minutes looking this up the other day....

Current status of the rivers of Hades
Phlegethon: a guy in LotA, currently dead.
Acheron: 3 trash mobs in Syrcus Tower, currently dead.
Styx: a popular multihit raidwide used by various ancients.
Kokytos: a hungry, hungry panda boss.
Lethe: an actual river.

Meanwhile Hades was a guy, does not seem to have owned an underworld with rivers in it. Also Phlegethon was Acheron before Acheron was Acheron, but that's because Phlegethon is really Titan, just not that Titan. What does this mean? What name will they give LotA-Phlegethon when the Japanese team inevitability add a Phlegethon in the JP version since it's the only river left for them? What will they add? How is it all connected?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Xerophyte posted:

Styx: a popular multihit raidwide used by various ancients.

They should make a robot ancient named Mr. Roboto who can use that move.

His other raidwide is called Domo Arigato.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Got the island bike and holy crap is it helping me serve up the lesbian femroe energy I was aiming for.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

It would also be a good way to have more things to spend trophy crystals on when the series just keeps spewing them at us. I know the options we have aren't terrible, and we can always convert them to Wolf Marks to throw down the venture/prism/dark-matter hole, but letting people drop lots of crystals on old rewards would make them feel more substantial.

It was implied that would happen when the revamp came, that old rewards would move to the Trophy Crystals, but they've not changed them at all it seems.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
Okay, the past several matches I've had 3+ people instantly leave the match after a win/loss. Not 'open duty finder and press U' instant but gone before the recommendation window even pops.

Am I fighting bots or is there some application that can auto-exit you from a duty? I'm fighting bots arn't I?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hunter Noventa posted:

It was implied that would happen when the revamp came, that old rewards would move to the Trophy Crystals, but they've not changed them at all it seems.

Let me be the one that says this every time it comes up this time, that was a mistranslation by a speed TL group from that live letter. They were talking about the ability to buy the previous season's awards if you'd unlocked them during the same season.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i presume we'll see that stuff again in future mogtome events, but probably not for a long time

e: no poo poo? no pvp stuff ever?

hexwren fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 10, 2023

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Considering they haven't put any other PvP rewards up on Mogtomes, I'm not holding my breath.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Kwyndig posted:

Let me be the one that says this every time it comes up this time, that was a mistranslation by a speed TL group from that live letter. They were talking about the ability to buy the previous season's awards if you'd unlocked them during the same season.

Except it wasn't. It was directly taken from the official translation of the live letter, with the JP text saying the exact same thing.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Hunter Noventa posted:

It did say "eventually" so :shrug:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

RME posted:

Every raid should be voiced

Jim Carrey as Quickthinx Allthoughts

e: Ellen McLain as Omega.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kwyndig posted:

It was the live letters official translation. As people have told you multiple times when this came up

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Offkorn posted:

I'm fighting bots aren't I?

I hope you're winning, then!

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

More crystal trophy rewards, new and old, would be nice. I have every non-glam thing in the store and all the glam pieces I want (and no dresser space for stuff I won't use). At this point I just buy another wolf collar every time I hit 20k but I have the only weapon I wanted from that store.