Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

I started taking Metamucil a few months ago and it changed my life.

I prefer the Costco brand but yes, I take it daily and cannot recommend it enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

You realize men aren't literally making GBS threads for an hour, right?

Not healthy ones anyway.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

seiferguy posted:

I prefer the Costco brand but yes, I take it daily and cannot recommend it enough.

I have a plain white cylindrical tube that just says psyllium whole husks on it

keeps me poopin'

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Not healthy ones anyway.

Sometimes I just like airing out my butthole while doing something mindless, and it's the one place I can do so without an explanation

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

I started taking Metamucil a few months ago and it changed my life.

Marker poops are the worst and Metamucil makes it so they never ever happen.

Just two-wipers until the end of time.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I remember one time, 13 or 14 years ago I was on the can for a good hour and I pooped twice. After the second one I felt amazing.

Might have been the same time that I brought in my laptop, plugged in a USB webcam and set it on the floor pointed at my feet. Got quite a few laughs on Chatroulette.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My kid just poo poo in the bath tub.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

it happens

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Mine poo poo on the deck yesterday

I took pictures for eventual blackmail

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hate to bring up job chat again, but does anyone have any experience with job fairs? I'm going to one tomorrow and I've never actually been to one before so I don't know how to approach them or what to expect.

Please don't yell at me

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I've never actually sought out an Avenged Sevenfold song, I kinda lumped them into all the other Nickelback-type metal bands with that style of singer in my head, couldn't name one song of theirs.

Felt like a "recommend new poo poo" day yesterday, so had Apple Music browsing on the commute and landed on their new album, and hot holy gently caress. This is some of the best prog metal I've heard in years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjrRTY2UDjw

e-

a neat cape posted:

I hate to bring up job chat again, but does anyone have any experience with job fairs? I'm going to one tomorrow and I've never actually been to one before so I don't know how to approach them or what to expect.

Please don't yell at me

Print up about two dozen resumes. Bring a notepad. Dress appropriate to your professional level. Hit every booth that isn't an "oh gently caress no" employer. Shake hands, ask questions, make a decent impression and try to remember the guy's name long enough to walk out of his eyeline and write it down on your notepad.

You may not even need that many resumes anymore, since hiring managers basically exist now to tell you to go apply at their website. But I'd do it anyway.

GD_American fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 10, 2023

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Please don't yell at me

Walk around and get handed papers and sold on things. And if you're lucky chat and get recruited a bit was my experience, but this was forever ago so I don't know if they've changed or not.

e: or if I'm thinking of a different type of 'job fair' you know. Whole lot of sales type of jobs that I was absolutely never going to be able to deal with going on. But some legit ones too. Not a bad idea to take a binder or folder along or whatever if they still do the handing out paper for everything thing, but they might just put stuff on your phone or get your email these days, idk.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 10, 2023

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Braksgirl posted:

I DID NOT.

i love this thread and you two

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

a neat cape posted:

If possible, research the companies that will be there. Most job fairs will publish their attendee list.

Don't expect on-the-spot job interviews; job fairs are more about getting your contact information in potential employers' hands. However, don't be shocked if they ask for a 15-minute on-site interview.

Dress business-casual. Don't go wearing a three-piece suit, but don't go wearing a T-shirt and ratty jeans, either.

Bring plenty of copies of your resume and make sure it has all your pertinent contact information (name, email, phone number).

Practice a 30-second elevator pitch about who you are and what you do. For example, mine would be, "Hi, I'm Tim, and I've worked in marketing for 18 years, focusing on copywriting, graphic design, video production, websites and email marketing. I'm very passionate about delivering a story well-told to the right audience." Also, practice responses to common interview questions.

Talk with other job-seekers and get their information, too. They might be able to warn you about what booths to avoid because they're snake oil salesmen or whatever.

Good luck, Ross!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This particular job fair is one single company. I think they're just having a hiring event.

Thank you all for the responses. My biggest questions were how many resumes to bring lol

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

a neat cape posted:

This particular job fair is one single company. I think they're just having a hiring event.

Okay, in that event they're probably going to be doing open interviews, so you should definitely see if they have their positions posted and practice some interview responses. (And also write down some questions to ask about the company to show that you did your homework.)

We had an open interview event at the hotel I was the director of marketing at a while ago, and I was hiring for a coordinator to help with my workload. I could immediately tell who was just going to job fairs to fill out a diary for unemployment benefits, and who was actually hungry to work. Didn't hire anyone on the spot that day, but I did bring in three people for 90-minute interviews a week later.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Thank you all for the responses. My biggest questions were how many resumes to bring lol

I'd still bring about 5-6, even with one company.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

6/9 Last actual day of work at my lovely job! :toot: :69snypa:

I feel weird. Like weirdly bereft and melancholy even though the job sucked and I didn't like doing it. Also shocked that I managed to spend the last 8.5 months* at this place, which is both longer than I should've stayed and longer than I expected to hang on. When I started this gig I was worried I'd be fired within the first month, and now it's been more than half a year and I have actual money saved. Small victories! :stare:

* It's also officially the longest anyone with my job title has lasted at this branch of the company. Everyone else either left for greener pastures or vanished under mysterious circumstances long before that.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Bring White Hot Herbie.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Bring White Hot Herbie.

Obviously

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I fell asleep on my flight.

Joey Freshwater posted:

What are you coming to Atlanta for?

It's a connecting flight to DC to visit my sister & her ailing father-in-law. I'm trading rain in the PNW for wildfire smoke (which I'll get in the summer anyway).

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I started my work out with squats and about 10 in I must have moved weird but now my lower back feels destroyed. Moving too much, walking, and/or bending over hurt so bad. This old age stuff sucks.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Super Mega Baseball put my Pennant Race ego level at loving 70 because I won two placement matches out of I think four by a bunch.

I am getting mercy ruled every game now lmao

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/1667296912943493120?s=20

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The non-Jokic white guy on the Nuggets looks like Johnny Rico from Starship Troopers.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

The non-Jokic white guy on the Nuggets looks like Johnny Rico from Starship Troopers.

I loathe him. Would anyway for college rooting interests, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't find another reason to loathe him.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Holy poo poo, I’ve been neglected MLB for NCAA baseball so I just checked the standings and :lol: the A’s have only won 14 games. Good job killing the franchise just to move them to the desert, gently caress off forever.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

Holy poo poo, I’ve been neglected MLB for NCAA baseball so I just checked the standings and :lol: the A’s have only won 14 games. Good job killing the franchise just to move them to the desert, gently caress off forever.

Except Vegas didn't approve their stadium deal so they're just kind of in limbo :lol:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

a neat cape posted:

That might be legit but keep your radar up for this being a big scam, because inviting loads of people to a "job fair" to recruit them into an MLM thing or door to door commission based work etc. is a depressingly common practice too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

Except Vegas didn't approve their stadium deal so they're just kind of in limbo :lol:

Oh gently caress I thought they did approve it officially.

It’s a shame I’ve quietly been a distant A’s fan since I could watch baseball. My fanhood is unlikely to follow them to Vegas, it’ll just end at the Coliseum.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The A's have always been my secondary team since my grandpa was a fan but unlike his Raider's fandom they didn't become my main team. Not like the Mariners are a step up there though. I will bandwagon the Orioles tho.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1667340407527682050

More Whales attacking boats

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I keep thinking that all the creatures on earth will rise up against humanity like all the creatures and races of middle earth rising up against Sauron.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This guy is having a real Shooter McGavin "I eat pieces of poo poo like you everyday" moment

https://twitter.com/JosefBosch/status/1667218721021087744?t=LVzHBJXoEbtrBcPyLkvc-w&s=19

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Oh just glancing at his timeline and he’s an actual nazi so

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I. M. Gei posted:

6/9 Last actual day of work at my lovely job! :toot: :69snypa:

I feel weird. Like weirdly bereft and melancholy even though the job sucked and I didn't like doing it. Also shocked that I managed to spend the last 8.5 months* at this place, which is both longer than I should've stayed and longer than I expected to hang on. When I started this gig I was worried I'd be fired within the first month, and now it's been more than half a year and I have actual money saved. Small victories! :stare:

* It's also officially the longest anyone with my job title has lasted at this branch of the company. Everyone else either left for greener pastures or vanished under mysterious circumstances long before that.

Aren't you glad you sent in the resignation instead of waiting 2 weeks to be fired

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I suppose it's not that far off from tearing the fins off sharks which they do, but it still impresses me that they figured out how to win because you're screwed without a rudder on a boat. And just going after those things and ripping them off.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Bullet Train any good? Trying to pick a movie to watch, wife doesn’t want to watch the Mr. Bean movie….again.

https://youtu.be/FWksZy_aprs

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 10, 2023

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

a sexual elk posted:

Bullet Train any good? Trying to pick a movie to watch, wife doesn’t want to watch the Mr. Bean movie….again.

https://youtu.be/FWksZy_aprs
Lady

Yes, very fun. Highly recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Watchin Avatar 2 while reading this post.