Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
I feel like I'm seeing conflicting information out there about what transfers between seasons. Everyone agrees that Altars of Lilith transfer, but I'm seeing mixed reports on renown. Does anyone know for sure? I don't want to bother grinding out all of the renown if it will just disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is it helpful to say when a world boss is up? I don't know how servers are divided?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I appreciate that almost everyone I see has some sort of title regarding "trash"

Personally my title is seasoned trash

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

George H.W. oval office posted:

I appreciate that almost everyone I see has some sort of title regarding "trash"

Personally my title is seasoned trash

I changed mine to Furious Fool, which seems fitting for a Barb

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Are there helltide events with no fiend roses? Couldn't find a single one.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I changed mine to Furious Fool, which seems fitting for a Barb

I chose Bellowing Lout

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lol don't tp out of the world boss battle to repair your poo poo otherwise you get booted to another server where it's not happening or something. That was a waste of a 20min wait

Scoss posted:

I'm not sure this is a bug. The game seems to "sync" your world state to the leader of the group you've joined, so if there are waypoints that don't exist until you clear a story quest for example, they won't exist for you. This will persist even after you leave the group and there is a button labeled something like "return to own world state" at the top of the quest log/map screen to revert things back to normal.

ah cool thanks I'll look for that next time

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Welp ran out of content. All I've got left to do is grind to 100 and that's a big nope from me so I'm calling it quits at 72.

8/10, pretty great game. I seriously hope they keep things rolling with seasonal content because otherwise this has been an amusing 120-150ish hour distraction.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mathil said it was a 8/10 as well

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Vasudus posted:

Welp ran out of content. All I've got left to do is grind to 100 and that's a big nope from me so I'm calling it quits at 72.

8/10, pretty great game. I seriously hope they keep things rolling with seasonal content because otherwise this has been an amusing 120-150ish hour distraction.

sure you did lmfao

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

euphronius posted:

Mathil said it was a 8/10 as well

DSP drop a review yet?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
The cracks have started to form... worried about not being able to hit 100 after just a few hours. Honestly its like the devs have NO loving clue what kind of game this is supposed to be. Wish it played itself and I could just leave it running like cookie clicker.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who is DSP

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish Helltide stuck around longer and was on the map all the time. It's always +2 levels higher than you, and the mob density and extra number of elites makes it fun. Add in matchmaking / group finder, and it'll be perfect.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

euphronius posted:

Who is DSP

a renowned gamer

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
went with The Aristocrat, hoping to start a club

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
diablo 4's launch is really interesting because you can really see the relatively normal gamer's gobsmacked and horrified reaction to the path of exile lifestylist's way of playing a game like this. I say this as a path of exile lifestylist.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Do the same legendary effects stack? For example I found 2 charged bolts home in on enemies within about a minute, one is a max roll 25 percent, the other an average roll. If I equip both, are the percentages added together?

It certainly doesn't seem like the bolts last 300 percent longer stack.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Do the same legendary effects stack? For example I found 2 charged bolts home in on enemies within about a minute, one is a max roll 25 percent, the other an average roll. If I equip both, are the percentages added together?

It certainly doesn't seem like the bolts last 300 percent longer stack.

No, one will be greyed out.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

euphronius posted:

Who is DSP

DSP'S NUTS!!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

site posted:

Lol don't tp out of the world boss battle to repair your poo poo otherwise you get booted to another server where it's not happening or something. That was a waste of a 20min wait
Skill issue.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I am going to struggle to replace this thing for a long time:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I have my necromancer at 31 I think and I've been spending a lot of time trying out the other classes. Figure I'll complete Act I or so with all of them before I settle on one. I've played a whole lot of D3 through various seasons, and even I find the pace of some of you distressing. With the other games I'm playing taking up time also, I reckon I'll see a few patches hit before I ever have to start worrying about anything endgame related and how buggy/unoptimized it is.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Act 6: Fantastic. More later but wow, I guess the editing snafu worked out if they just took everything they had lying around and polished it into a big blow out like this. 3 great bosses back to back, a good rematch gauntlet and even recycling the Diablo 3 shadow realm gimmick without it being hackneyed? Nice. The Mephisto-focused Diablo game we didn't know we wanted, what a lovely phase 2 tribute by Lilith.

Here lies Donan, a real one. Still the best.

The story.. hmm. It's good, D4 easily stands with D2. I'm sure it has holes upon deeper reflection, Blizzard games typically do, but it's like everybody on board really cared about the series and was beaten about the head with manifestos about D1/D2 ambiance and design.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The cinematic really ties the room together

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

The renown grind for paragon points is a grind. Level 61, 2/5 areas done and close on the third. Feels "correct" to do it early, since the paragon points will be relatively more valuable the close to 50 you are.

Also running dungeons for renown isn't wildly different than running dungeons for XP, so it's all good. Annoyed that my old person body needs breaks and has wrist pain and has to sleep every night tbh.

Game is good.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Can you Gamble uniques? I know you can get Legendaries obviously, but I'm not sure if I've seen a Unique thatta way.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Just finished Act VI, had a great time. Going into hell at 42 made things hard in a fun way. This might be the best ARPG plot I've played through (low bar).

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

fadam posted:

Please god let people start S1 with the map explored and all renown rewards if they did all that on a previous character.

Sure, that'll be $15. For $1 extra we can shake you until money falls out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have been running dungeons because i enjoy dungeons. anything else gained is a bonus.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Kaysette posted:

Just finished Act VI, had a great time. Going into hell at 42 made things hard in a fun way. This might be the best ARPG plot I've played through (low bar).

It is a low bar, but the quality of the presentation of the story is what really makes it so enjoyable

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i have been running dungeons because i enjoy dungeons. anything else gained is a bonus.

I rerolled a rogue and all I've ever done up to like level 38 is run dungeons on him. It's great.

Mostly I just wish you didn't have to manually run to the dungeons

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Given how much they slowed the game down there should just be a dungeon group finder tool now.

It's not like PoE where one guy is charging across the map faster than light while the rest of the party struggles to keep up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Substandard posted:

I rerolled a rogue and all I've ever done up to like level 38 is run dungeons on him. It's great.

Mostly I just wish you didn't have to manually run to the dungeons

i like the exploration

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Impermanent posted:

diablo 4's launch is really interesting because you can really see the relatively normal gamer's gobsmacked and horrified reaction to the path of exile lifestylist's way of playing a game like this. I say this as a path of exile lifestylist.

something something casual players with only 5 hours a day to play

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Duck and Cover posted:

Sure, that'll be $15. For $1 extra we can shake you until money falls out.
Shut up bitch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
My Barb is a Dirty Tycoon.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Books On Tape posted:

What’s the second best Druid leveling build after Tornado? I’m done casting tornado while holding the stick in one direction and having it go in the complete opposite. That is infuriating and incredibly stupid skill design.

Or is there a way to better control them without relying on aspect RNG?

There is an aspect that makes tornado seek out targets. I can’t remember what it’s called, but you can find it in the codex under Druid offensive aspects.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

So I beat the curator in cathedral of light. Got the loot, portald out, saw a green check mark on the dungeon, but I still can't make a tier 3 game. I did this under leveld so not thrilled about repeating it. Anything I'm supposed to do after killing boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

:negative:

For real tho, it wasn't fun taking the tp back into a completely empty field