Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

American McGay posted:

Shut up bitch.

If that doesn't tickle your fancy how about for $30 you'll get access to the brand new never seen before innovative class; paladin.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigDninja
Jul 31, 2011

Acelerion posted:

So I beat the curator in cathedral of light. Got the loot, portald out, saw a green check mark on the dungeon, but I still can't make a tier 3 game. I did this under leveld so not thrilled about repeating it. Anything I'm supposed to do after killing boss?

I was able to do it via the statue outside the cathedral?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I'm currently unemployed. I have a family, and see some friends once or twice a week, but otherwise nothing better to do than play Diablo until my wrists and eyes hurt. I'm level 56. How the gently caress are some of you goons level 75 or higher already?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

LifeLynx posted:

I'm currently unemployed. I have a family, and see some friends once or twice a week, but otherwise nothing better to do than play Diablo until my wrists and eyes hurt. I'm level 56. How the gently caress are some of you goons level 75 or higher already?

arent as bad at vidya games as u

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

LifeLynx posted:

Some had early access by buyin the ultimate edition.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

LifeLynx posted:

Class/build can make a pretty huge difference.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
killed capstone elias in probably 15 seconds at 62 with my dumb cl/arc lash dumpster tier build, feels good

died three times though, once when he was at like 2%

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Getting in early on some of the crazy experience grinds before Blizzard removed them. I am just level 64 myself.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Finally got/made a nice bow after 25-30 levels. Would have preferred something other than damage to close enemies, but it's still useful and it's the highest dps I've found so far. With this amount of attack speed and decent crit, I feel so close to to becoming immortal with some life gain on crit if I only had a bit more energy regen with my build, minus anything that just one shots me which is a lot of the game.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

ZombieCrew posted:

Some had early access by buyin the ultimate edition.

I did, too. But now I remember that I forgot elixirs existed until I hit 50, and that I had a bad DIY build until the capstone also. I didn't struggle, but I doubt the campaign stuff was designed to punish non-optimal builds.

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

Are nightmare dungeons supposed to reset if you town portal out? Or is that a bug?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

esquilax posted:

Are nightmare dungeons supposed to reset if you town portal out? Or is that a bug?

definitely not. Hasn't happened to me. Must have been a bug.

Everything I've read says scattered prisms only drop from world bosses and treasure goblins but I got one from a resplendent chest. maybe they have the same loot table as treasurer goblins but just throwing it out there

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Potassium Problems posted:

The game explains this

I'm a Druid, not a Rogue. So I don't have inner sight.
I still run across a random mob with it and have no way of knowing what it is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

esquilax posted:

I believe there is a 1 minute timer. People have mentioned it in youtube guides for running dungeons. I miss when the beta had a button you pressed to reset all dungeons.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
One qol thing I would like is making transmog account based like the stash to make dress up easier

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
The Vhernad fight is dumb I hate it.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

I said come in! posted:

I believe there is a 1 minute timer. People have mentioned it in youtube guides for running dungeons. I miss when the beta had a button you pressed to reset all dungeons.

Oh interesting. Good to know

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

coelomate posted:

The renown grind for paragon points is a grind. Level 61, 2/5 areas done and close on the third. Feels "correct" to do it early, since the paragon points will be relatively more valuable the close to 50 you are.

Also running dungeons for renown isn't wildly different than running dungeons for XP, so it's all good. Annoyed that my old person body needs breaks and has wrist pain and has to sleep every night tbh.

Game is good.

I didn't find it too bad, but I grabbed every quest I could while buzzing between Lilith statues. Dry steppes was the only one I had a real struggle on for some reason. I think it just has less long quest chains that score multiple renown points. Make sure to gather resources from nodes, every zone seems to have 2-3 quests tied to resource node quest item drops.

In other news my chain lightning/lightning spear sorc has hit 'doesnt have to use a builder's finally. With my large quantity of crits and the quite sizeable chance for a spear to stun, things just get exploded after the first stun. I refused to use arc lash as a primary or an enchant, instead I'm using spear and, funnily, fireball for the death explosions. Also my first 3 uniques were the exact same set of boots.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

if you fully upgrade a rare glyph you can be Paragon Paragon

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

LifeLynx posted:

it;s real interesting. im over here being thankful if i get 50-100 hours of gameplay in a 3 month season while a portion of the playerbase is like blizzard why doesnt this game babysit me for 1000 hours while i play the equivalent of two work shifts every single day

i hope the seasonal journey is like d3 where you can complete it in a normal, healthy and reasonable amount of time and then be on your way.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
The tooltip for Corpse Explosion says it deals "50% damage", is that based off my weapons, or is it scaled from corpse hitpoints like in D2?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

It's based off your weapon

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So far my only complaint is that all the leg armor is dresses and its like they didn’t allocate a budget for butt rendering

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

It's based off your weapon

Boo, I liked the gear-independent owning in D2 and Path of Exile.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Zero VGS posted:

Boo, I liked the gear-independent owning in D2 and Path of Exile.

I know it's kind of a bummer and makes classes feel less distinct

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Finally hit 50. Campaign is done and I have one region left to reach renown 3. this game is really fun? Not seeing where it’ll have legs long terms but it’s hard to guess without the actual seasonal content. That said, the story was fun, these side quest (some of which are multiple quests long) are really good and fun! The world is much bearable once you have a horse, definitely beeline through the first 3 acts until you get one. I played the whole time in WT2 and it was ok. Definitely felt like a challenge and the game makes excellent use of dodge/teleport in terms of how some of the attacks play out. Between that and the environment attacks, positioning being actually important was cool. Helps makes combat just dynamic enough and fresh.

Playing sorcerer all this time, it’s been ok except I truly don’t get how we ended with a melee focused arc lash build as the go to starter / leveling build. It’s fun but also… not? I’m starting to see how paragon works and in addition to the base build I feel I need to take a step back and either rework my build entirely or spend a few hours imprinting aspects and getting a whole new set of gear to take on the WT2 captstone dungeon.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im sorry but if you play diablo 4 you are a chud and you must be killed i dont make the rules here

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Man I'm trying the 70 capstone at 58 and the boss is really hard but I know I can nail it. Got him down to like <20% health twice-- please tell me there's no second form lol

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im sorry but if you play diablo 4 you are a chud and you must be killed i dont make the rules here

* looks at download *

why didn't you tell me that before i made the purchase?

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

goferchan posted:

Man I'm trying the 70 capstone at 58 and the boss is really hard but I know I can nail it. Got him down to like <20% health twice-- please tell me there's no second form lol

Did it at 59 at 20 attempts. Took everything. Stacked armor, elixers, incense. Switched skills/aspects for more defense. Saved ultimate for adds. Dodged like a machine. It can be done but you have to get lucky

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Tree of whisper stuff was my favorite content leveling but the rewards stop improving after 65 or so. I didn't expect it to gear me out entirely but I don't want to be doing only dungeons to level. Legion events too shouldn't fall off so hard in the exp giving.

Thanks to all the goons helping me learn the ropes of ARPG end game stuff. It's been a lot of fun and I was unaware how important every little drop off paragon or stats would be until the last two days.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I was partying with my BF but he went to sleep so I figured I'd run in circles leveling up without progressing the story. I noticed that the level of the same zone keeps increasing.

What happens when we play together tomorrow, will he be tossed in my higher level area, or does it cap me down to him, or average it out?

Comedy option... can I level to endgame in the starting zone if the enemy level keeps increasing like this?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

I was partying with my BF but he went to sleep so I figured I'd run in circles leveling up without progressing the story. I noticed that the level of the same zone keeps increasing.

What happens when we play together tomorrow, will he be tossed in my higher level area, or does it cap me down to him, or average it out?

Comedy option... can I level to endgame in the starting zone if the enemy level keeps increasing like this?

Yeah to his character the enemies will be whatever level he is, and to you they'll be yours. There are exceptions as you get further along in the game and certain areas/activities have a minimum level but most of the story will just scale.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

mcbexx posted:

I'm a Druid, not a Rogue. So I don't have inner sight.
I still run across a random mob with it and have no way of knowing what it is.

It’s a damage reduction aura that makes other enemies much tougher but doesn’t affect the monster that provides it. There’s a loading screen tip that explains it, but even though I had seen that tip, I also didn’t make the connection at first.

WT3 doesn’t mess around, huh. Even in the WT2 capstone dungeon, survival was no problem, but my rogue’s damage fell off a cliff and elites started to feel like a slog unless I hit my rotation just right. My damage doesn’t suck particularly more in WT3 (it’s still not great), but everything now kills me super fast.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Is it better to spend obols on gambling specific items rather than buying keys? I've found a shitload of silent chests or whatever they're called and they usually just spit out garbage.

Also, leveled a druid to level 22 and then switched to a rogue and the difference in speed and fun is frankly hilarious.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Heithinn Grasida posted:

It’s a damage reduction aura that makes other enemies much tougher but doesn’t affect the monster that provides it. There’s a loading screen tip that explains it, but even though I had seen that tip, I also didn’t make the connection at first.

They weren't talking about champion mobs.

I've seen the inner sight icon as well as a non-rogue, not sure what causes it.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My buddy got a horse cosmetic skin out of a legion event. I'm kinda jealous.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m a 41 sorc doing chain lightning but keep getting legendaries to buff meteor or deep freeze or whatever. Can you make a leveling meteor build work

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Hit Man posted:

Did it at 59 at 20 attempts. Took everything. Stacked armor, elixers, incense. Switched skills/aspects for more defense. Saved ultimate for adds. Dodged like a machine. It can be done but you have to get lucky

Got his rear end!!!!!!! That was a rush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I’m a 41 sorc doing chain lightning but keep getting legendaries to buff meteor or deep freeze or whatever. Can you make a leveling meteor build work

everything works for leveling