Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

rap music posted:

everything works for leveling

Will switching to meteor make me 10 times slower and keep missing enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I was kinda wobbly on the whole plot and such but the creepy tree and death of ___Elias___ really cemented for me that the vibe is just right.

It’s got a lot of Witcher feel I think. Just works.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Including "whoreson" thrown around here and there.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
So people have been speculating that Blizzard removed Shako and Grandfather from the game because no one has gotten them to drop but

https://twitter.com/AZJackson85/status/1667270064545103872

I guess there is a whole class of ultra rare Uniques that serve as chase items. doesn't sound like i'll ever get my hands on one of these

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm fighting some spider boss and keep getting frozen in place and have no idea why. I don't appear to have any debuff on me, but my character will just randomly get this picture of a blue foot over their head and stop moving. It's very frustrating because I don't know what's causing it or how to avoid it.

edit: Ah, it's the webbing. But sometimes I get caught even though I'm not stepping on it. Wonder if it might be some sort of lag where it thinks I'm stepping on the webbing even though I'm not.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 10, 2023

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

So people have been speculating that Blizzard removed Shako and Grandfather from the game because no one has gotten them to drop but

I guess there is a whole class of ultra rare Uniques that serve as chase items. doesn't sound like i'll ever get my hands on one of these

I'd dig these items being so rare if they were at least tradeable

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

People are bitching about things that don't drop in a week!?!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Mikojan posted:

I'd dig these items being so rare if they were at least tradeable

They should just remove trade from the game entirely. I've already seen gold seller spam and the game barely has any trade going on. D3 had the right idea after they removed the auction house.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Game just hard locked my win11 pc. First time for every os!

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Is there a good combo of builds for a mage and barbarian anyone might recommend? I'm doing an ice shard based build and I think my friend is doing bleeds with a hammer or something like that. We haven't had any problems so far and the two classes seem to go together well in general just wondering if there is something we could be doing different. I might try a lightning type build just to mix things up.

edit: I don't think you can actually apply bleeds with a hammer and he reallocated some points when we were playing, so he was doing stomps and shouts. His single target dps is better than mine on bosses but I can kill groups much faster.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 10, 2023

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

People are bitching about things that don't drop in a week!?!

If it doesn't drop even once for 2 million people grinding for a week or whatever, your chances to find one are not great

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

DeadlyHalibut posted:

If it doesn't drop even once for 2 million people grinding for a week or whatever, your chances to find one are not great

if i had to guess, it's probably level gated. like you probably need to be in the 80s or above to even have access to that specific loot table

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Imo its ok a game has a carrot that keeps you playing. For some getting any of these chase uniques is enough reason to keep playing and getting a feeling of progression towards something

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I'm level 70, doing tier 25 nightmare dungeons. Takes me about 13-15 minutes to clear unless it's a huge map and I get like 15% of a bar of xp. This is probably where I burn out.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Game has been out for a week and I assume most players aren't anywhere near engdame. Or maybe a bunch dropped for people who aren't sharing stuff on soc media.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

I'm level 70, doing tier 25 nightmare dungeons. Takes me about 13-15 minutes to clear unless it's a huge map and I get like 15% of a bar of xp. This is probably where I burn out.

They either need to implement more content at high end or make the leveling shorter. But making leveling shorter now will only piss people off if they make it longer again later on in seasons when theres more content. A pickle!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

SettingSun posted:

My buddy got a horse cosmetic skin out of a legion event. I'm kinda jealous.

they're not too uncommon. i got the ghost horse twice (you don't get to ride two horses at the same time)

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

The stupid battlement launcher is constantly getting stuck at “waiting for another update” and won’t let me play diablo. Very annoying. It launches eventually, but it takes forever. Does anyone else have this issue?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

SettingSun posted:

I found this down the comments for that.

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1666964491408674816?s=20

(The hat comment is about the streamer's dumbass hat he wore on camera)

Wtf is this marketing? This is the company that bullied a woman to death and had the Cosby suite right?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

the horse controls on PC are starting to piss me off. there isn't a setting to make it max speed regardless of cursor position is there?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

One thing about the post-50 grind is that it simultaneously (a) makes me want to start an alt but (b) makes me doubt I’ll want to do the grind again on an alt.

Hopefully leveling is a good bit faster even past 50 with access to more tools and stats than the first go around?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Communist Thoughts posted:

Wtf is this marketing? This is the company that bullied a woman to death and had the Cosby suite right?

I'm not saying the Blizzard marketing department is fueled by cocaine, but the D4 marketing campaign is exactly what would have happened if it was.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Switched from traps to flurry rogue and my god its so much more fun than the bow builds. Twin blades are cool, but flurry feels much better imo

Also finally got the infiltrator aspect, excited to experiment with that :getin:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

katkillad2 posted:

I was doing tier 20 at level 62 so you need to gear up to get comfy over tier 30 if you wanna make good xp. You're in WT4 now so you shouldn't have a hard time getting a solid build together but if you are then it's time to re-asses what your build is. I dunno if you're following a build guide but I'd suggest you just don't. The best builds I've seen so far, and the great one I'm playing now, don't have build guides on maxroll.gg.

BigDaddyDuck
Dec 23, 2018

Anyone else having issues with glyph drops? I'm level 70 WT4 now and haven't had a glyph appear since mid 50s WT3. Before this I'd be getting them regularly out of NM dungeons and tree of whispers.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

BigDaddyDuck posted:

Anyone else having issues with glyph drops? I'm level 70 WT4 now and haven't had a glyph appear since mid 50s WT3. Before this I'd be getting them regularly out of NM dungeons and tree of whispers.
You may have simply... gotten all of them. There's only a specific amount of them and once you collect them all, you're done. You know you're missing one if you see a lowlit glyph in the selector on the paragon board.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Do you need to activate all of the Liluth altars per character? I just created a new character and it looks like the count reset to zero

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

ROFLburger posted:

Do you need to activate all of the Liluth altars per character? I just created a new character and it looks like the count reset to zero

the stat boosts are already on your new char and entire account. The statue can be clicked still for 10 renown is all.

BigDaddyDuck
Dec 23, 2018

DaveKap posted:

You may have simply... gotten all of them. There's only a specific amount of them and once you collect them all, you're done. You know you're missing one if you see a lowlit glyph in the selector on the paragon board.

This was my first thought as well, but I'm still missing a couple for my build. Or I'm just blind and they are located somewhere I've not checked. I will give it another look!

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember
Nm

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

coelomate posted:

the stat boosts are already on your new char and entire account. The statue can be clicked still for 10 renown is all.

Oh thank god

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

coelomate posted:

One thing about the post-50 grind is that it simultaneously (a) makes me want to start an alt but (b) makes me doubt I’ll want to do the grind again on an alt.

Hopefully leveling is a good bit faster even past 50 with access to more tools and stats than the first go around?

I've started a few Alts but I really don't want to re-uncover the whole rear end map and every Waypoint that isn't a major city :(

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Communist Thoughts posted:

Boobs

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Sab669 posted:

I've started a few Alts but I really don't want to re-uncover the whole rear end map and every Waypoint that isn't a major city :(

the map is WAY too big for them to require every character to uncover it. They need to make map status account wide ASAP.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Repeating PSA: "slay all enemies" is actually mad chill. Only hit big groups, skip stragglers, and "an enemy horde approaches" will teleport all mobs to you once you get to the last big clump. It's counterintuitive to skip stragglers but that mechanic makes it correct, smooth, and fast - I've confirmed it 5+ times now.

Subjective Experience of Progression: Leveling from 50-62 in WT3 I'm doing the same stuff: dungeons, helltides, worldbosses, whispers, and focusing on renown. Skipping sigils/nightmare dungeons. After level 60 I've subjectively noticed a big increase in Unique drops (6 total so far, most in the last ~3 levels). I'm also seeing many more items at or over power level 700 which is a clear power breakpoint (upgrading over 720-725 in particular re-rolls stats to a higher range and is sweet).

Level scaling led me to believe this would be more flat. But if I'm right and not just blinded-by-RNG, it helps keep a sense of progression - it's just gated by my level rather than the activities I'm doing or the world tier I'm on.

Cool?

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

Qmass posted:

the horse controls on PC are starting to piss me off. there isn't a setting to make it max speed regardless of cursor position is there?

No and it's particularly bad going south whereby there is a narrow band of ground you have to click to travel fast before hitting your bar (yes you can move the action bar to the corner but it's the same problem)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Join us in the Controller Cult and youll never think about horse riding problems again…

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Is there a fix for delayed sound effects in in-engine cinematics?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DeadlyHalibut posted:

It would only drop on WT4 and I doubt a lot of people have made it there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

zoux posted:

Join us in the Controller Cult and youll never think about horse riding problems again…