Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

crazysim posted:

Open up your inventory and drop a bomb flower.

In my >100hr playthrough it never occurred to me to do this

A few times I reflexively hit R to try and throw something while in midair and just plummeted facefirst into the dirt instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

:five:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Steve Yun posted:

Motherfuckers, they fooled me with the newspaper investigation into the chicken prophet

Well played

Electric Phantasm posted:

:same: them saying a talking cucco is loving stupid was some salt in the wound
i'm really glad i wasn't the only one to be bamboozled by that :eng99:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lmfao

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

MorningMoon posted:

Is there a practical use for the Cool Thing you get in the yinga base? It's real cool but seems direly useless specially when I got a couple weapons in the 70s

For not wasting the durability of your cool weapons on things that die in one hit like keese.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
link stops one of the disguised yiga mid-spiel and thanks them for remembering him so well, he's been in kind of a rough place lately and it really cheers him up

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Okay what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/bran8bit/status/1667539615413334017?s=46&t=WLc0GyyG56Ptvk5fGt4GyA

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
lol is this a video game or

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Many people are saying this.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
I cant read glory to Master Kohga without saying Glory to Gorzo

https://youtu.be/gjYOTdnTf4c

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh hey no cooldown launcher (and an improved one in the reply)

https://twitter.com/bot__w/status/1667504959519338496?s=46&t=Mu6ngisnZlTkezPxh7sqCQ

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fangz posted:

Now we're cooking

Really throwing the kitchen sink at em.

Mulva posted:

Yeah I mean he never leaves her side and there's one bed in his [her] house, which he can sleep in, it's not exactly long division.

Zelda keeps trying to get link to sleep with her, he's too busy raiding her ward robe for a cute top.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

How do you get yellow battery bips? I've just been wandering around Lanayru cleaning up caves and realized that when I use my Cannon Club, it's showing me the regular battery bips + one extra, yellow bip to the left of the regular ones. As far as I know, I haven't done anything to earn one. I'm wearing Frog Armor, holding the Cannon Club (Durability Up++ modifier), a Stone Talus Shield with a Royal Shield (Shield Guard Up++ modifier), and a Demon King bow.

I've slept in a bed recently, but nothing new. Otherwise the most I've done is try out a few different Zonai Items fusing to shields to see if they'll work as rock breakers, but I only tried a Stake and a Cooking Pot before giving up and moving on to other monster parts. I thought I'd give those two a try since somebody posted that video earlier of attaching a cooking pot to an arrow to break the Rock Like's armor. :???:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Canon on a stake is a good rock breaker. I think the yellow bars are from large Zonai charges

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

bawk posted:

How do you get yellow battery bips? I've just been wandering around Lanayru cleaning up caves and realized that when I use my Cannon Club, it's showing me the regular battery bips + one extra, yellow bip to the left of the regular ones.

Did you use a small zonai charge? Those give you extra pips like that, I believe.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm pretty sure I haven't, but I'm not going to put my foot down and say it's impossible. I usually only eat meals, not ingredients, so I wouldn't have randomly eaten one by mistake just by going through menus, but maybe I managed to severely fumble a button when setting my controller down or something.

I've never seen them before, or if I did it was waaaaay back when the game started and I was first learning what they even were/what Zoanite machines are.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Yellow is small and the border around the battery and refill is large

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I think I’ve seen extra charge pips from sleeping in a Malanya bed.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Ngl, bring back guardians for Master Mode. He'll I'd love New Game+ where you keep hearts/stamina/energy/armor/etc. but everything is the Gold variants. Make a special npc for that mode to exchange the excess light orbs.

Oh, and bring back guardians that blast gloom lasers

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I forgot I wanted to check this until it was too late on my replay, anyone know if something interesting happens if you wear the Yiga armor first time meeting Khoga?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pollyanna posted:

I think I’ve seen extra charge pips from sleeping in a Malanya bed.

That was what I thought while playing.
e: just tested, that didn't add it so I guess it's just the charges.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 10, 2023

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

It was definitely a small Zonai charge, and fun fact: You can have as many battery pips as it would take to get you to full batteries by trading in charged crystals to a Crystal Refinery. I have no idea if you could just eat charges until you get the full two rows of battery, but I'm missing 14 pips until it's fully maxed out and I ate charges until I couldn't eat any more, and now I have 14 yellow pips.

I think this could probably be useful for sequence breaking/doing things in the entirely wrong order when they eventually get around to Master Mode. I would absolutely be down to do the entire Construct Factory the second I can grab the paraglider, and just munch on Zonai Charges to get myself enough batteries to do everything.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

CainFortea posted:

Zelda keeps trying to get link to sleep with her, he's too busy raiding her ward robe for a cute top.

It's kind of you to assume she'd have cute tops, but I think we have to be honest with ourselves in this world. Link would have the cute tops, Link always has the cute tops. She even keeps his scrunchy in her princess pad.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Can you get the Zora Greaves before finishing the Zora plotline? I got the helm and I remember where the Greaves are, I just don't know if you need to start the related sidequest after the plot to get them to appear

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

bawk posted:

It was definitely a small Zonai charge, and fun fact: You can have as many battery pips as it would take to get you to full batteries by trading in charged crystals to a Crystal Refinery. I have no idea if you could just eat charges until you get the full two rows of battery, but I'm missing 14 pips until it's fully maxed out and I ate charges until I couldn't eat any more, and now I have 14 yellow pips.

I think this could probably be useful for sequence breaking/doing things in the entirely wrong order when they eventually get around to Master Mode. I would absolutely be down to do the entire Construct Factory the second I can grab the paraglider, and just munch on Zonai Charges to get myself enough batteries to do everything.

Large zonai charges give you infinite battery for 30 seconds (and refill all your bars on top of that), so they're a lot better for getting up to shenanigans.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Large zonai charges give you infinite battery for 30 seconds (and refill all your bars on top of that), so they're a lot better for getting up to shenanigans.

100% agreed, but I know there's a ton of just regular constructs hanging around on Tutorial Island that would make for some easy collecting on a replay. There's a few easy-to-get Large Charges that I'm pretty sure I remember how to get to on a few sky islands, but having the option of just filling out a battery meter with temp battery charges is pretty awesome too.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Definitely won't be able to do the Construct Factory right out of the gate, you need like like 13 hearts to open the door in they sky to activate it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why is phantom ganon easier than the hands

I shot some keese eyes at him and he fell over

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Why is phantom ganon easier than the hands

I shot some keese eyes at him and he fell over

Just one target with tells that are very easy to read and react to.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Also should I attach this sword to the master sword

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I was sad when I learned gloom resistance doesn't work with gloom swords

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Also should I attach this sword to the master sword

the master sword has base damage of 30, so that would be a 70-ish weapon which is pretty good for quickly killing stuff. durability is limited to the weapons themselves, so it'll break pretty quick since it's a weapon + a weapon

you could just fuse a silver bokoblin horn to both of them, getting a master sword with 61 power and the other sword with 71 power. as long as you use the other sword on the overworld/sky islands and not in the depths, your hearts will immediately come back (albeit empty)

gloom sword and a good shield both fused with light dragon parts is pretty funny/fun, since you'll lose hearts by hitting enemies but then also gain hearts back by hitting/parrying enemies.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CainFortea posted:

I was sad when I learned gloom resistance doesn't work with gloom swords

I didn't really get the design difference between those and the demon king bows. "A sword that's slightly stronger than one you can easily buy, but hurts you to use" vs "a bow that gets stronger the more health slots you have". I just never bothered with the sword, but the bow seemed great. Was there some drawback to it that I just never noticed?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

I didn't really get the design difference between those and the demon king bows. "A sword that's slightly stronger than one you can easily buy, but hurts you to use" vs "a bow that gets stronger the more health slots you have". I just never bothered with the sword, but the bow seemed great. Was there some drawback to it that I just never noticed?

No multishot and durability ain't great, that's about it. Those bows are really good.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Those bows also have very, very good range. I don't know if it's as good as the Gerudo bow/the Sheikha bow for range, but it definitely seems like it shoots farther than other bows.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kinda feeling like I dislike the depths at this point. When I heard there was a pitch black underworld cave system in TOTK it sounded like the coolest thing ever, but I kind of feel like it's not very good. It would have been so much cooler if it was like, a labyrinthian dungeon crawl instead of some half baked almost proc gen feeling version of the overworld with very little to look at (depths are fugly looking imo) . Exploring is a loving pain and being blocked by some mountain with no idea how to get around can be annoying enough that I just teleport out. Exploring with Zonai builds isnt much better because I find myself constantly running into poo poo and losing my vehicle or whatever. I think I have uncovered about half the depths at this point and I'm about ready to just wash my hands of it. I don't feel like the quality is on par with the rest of the game. There's cool points of interest and all the most interesting armor seems to be down there, but everything in between just sort of sucks. I would have been so much happier if the depths were closer to that cool cave system attached to the bunker, or the underground ruins beneath gerudo desert, which I find much more compelling to explore. Was a perfect opportunity to add a different style of exploration to the game and instead it's just kind of lazy version of the main map. The sky Islands feel like they have a lot more care put into them.

Also just sort of getting sick of zonai devices in general. Building is novel and I think it makes the shrines much more enjoyable than BOTW on the whole, but they are just so fiddly and limited that it's often just a waste of time building. I also think they clash with the overall aesthetic of the game which is something that has bothered me from the outset. It's impressive, but I also feel like it's not something I ever wanted I guess.

Still, great game but I think it's time to wrap up the story and move on after about 80 hours and I'm heavily leaning towards BOTW being better than TOTK atm.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I have fully done a 180 on "Wow, Sidon is useless" to "Wow, Sidon might be the best combat-related sage in the whole goddamn game"

On-demand free activation for Water Warrior makes an Attack++ Zora Sword more powerful than the Scimitar of the Seven. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

bawk posted:

I have fully done a 180 on "Wow, Sidon is useless" to "Wow, Sidon might be the best combat-related sage in the whole goddamn game"

On-demand free activation for Water Warrior makes an Attack++ Zora Sword more powerful than the Scimitar of the Seven. :psyduck:

Yeah, when Sidon gets you wet things just die.