Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
So what's the T-90M to Leo 2A6 exchange rate like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

sauer kraut posted:

So what's the T-90 to Leo 2A6 exchange rate like?

T 90 lost per 5,000 leopards.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

pro starcraft loser posted:

That's already on its way to Aberdeen. Holy poo poo lol

Wait, what does this mean?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1667527610480377856
Thanks!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Disco Pope posted:

Wait, what does this mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen_Proving_Ground

It's heading to the US to get checked out.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Ah, I thought I could go down to the docks, have a coupe of beers and point and laugh at the tank!

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Yeah, I was also confused. They are sending it to get chips chili and cheese?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

My bad, I forgot that like 80% of the stuff on the east coast is named after much older, possibly cooler stuff from across the pond.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

zone posted:

Thanks!

:canada: :hmmyes: :ukraine:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

My bad, I forgot that like 80% of the stuff on the east coast is named after much older, possibly cooler stuff from across the pond.

No, no, it loving sucks too, no need to apologise.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

"A half dozen Western armored vehicles have been temporarily put out of action! Haha! There's no way Western manufacturing can keep pace with the sanctions we put on them! Checkmate." -Pro Russians, maybe

Also not sure what Russia is planning on doing anymore. I would bet large areas of great farmland in the occupied areas are now largely unusable due to all the mines and unexploded ordinance.

Putin is a piece of poo poo.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I doubt there's been an actual plan since their idea of blitzkrieging kyiv and taking out the government in 3 days. The rest has been some weird appeasement to Putin because otherwise you'll have a whoopsie and fall out of a building.

I will say with all the talk of how incompetent Russia is it's kinda incredible that Putin must of assassinated/arrested everyone who'd be a potential threat because how the gently caress has no one found a guard or lackey who's brave enough to put a bullet in him.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
There was already a random captured T-90 that was parked at a truck stop in Louisiana earlier this year, to which the US military officially said "lol it doesn't belong to us" when asked.

At this point I think every Soviet and post-Soviet Russian tank has been thoroughly examined by the US and they're aren't putting any particular effort to recovering them for testing.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

hemale in pain posted:

I doubt there's been an actual plan since their idea of blitzkrieging kyiv and taking out the government in 3 days. The rest has been some weird appeasement to Putin because otherwise you'll have a whoopsie and fall out of a building.

I will say with all the talk of how incompetent Russia is it's kinda incredible that Putin must of assassinated/arrested everyone who'd be a potential threat because how the gently caress has no one found a guard or lackey who's brave enough to put a bullet in him.

Then plan is the same as always, to out-suffer the weak gay West. By the time Sun goes supernova our population has shown everyone that their ways are not taken kindly over here.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DiomedesGodshill posted:

"A half dozen Western armored vehicles have been temporarily put out of action! Haha! There's no way Western manufacturing can keep pace with the sanctions we put on them! Checkmate." -Pro Russians, maybe

Also not sure what Russia is planning on doing anymore. I would bet large areas of great farmland in the occupied areas are now largely unusable due to all the mines and unexploded ordinance.

Putin is a piece of poo poo.

We should be outproducing them easily but has anyone actually started production? As far as I know it were just these craps and the 31 refurbished M1A1s that are still being prepared.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Breaking news: ukrianian sorcerers have given the Russian soldiers impotence, Putin speech to follow

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Also not sure what Russia is planning on doing anymore.

I don't think there is really any coherent plan to win (as in taking Kyiv at least much less all of Ukraine) anymore.

My, complete and total armchair general guess, is that they're just trying to drag things out and hope either the Ukrainian offensive breaks without gains or that support from the US/EU dries up.

If either of those things happen they can "freeze" the war again and try to rebuild and rearm to attack again*. Or perhaps just claim victory and prop up some puppet states.

Either option would give Putin and his cronies a face saving out of sorts which would be close enough to a win, at least in the short term, that the Russian govt. would be happy.

*no one really knows how long this would take but the number that gets thrown around a whole lot is ~10yr or so, if that sounds crazy look at how long they froze the war after taking Crimea

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Klyith posted:

There was already a random captured T-90 that was parked at a truck stop in Louisiana earlier this year, to which the US military officially said "lol it doesn't belong to us" when asked.

They later said it was heading to Aberdeen

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

They said it was against the 2nd amendment to discuss the tank in the Denny's parking lot

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

hemale in pain posted:

I doubt there's been an actual plan since their idea of blyatzkrieging kyiv and taking out the government in 3 days.
FTFY

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

I don't think there is really any coherent plan to win (as in taking Kyiv at least much less all of Ukraine) anymore.

My, complete and total armchair general guess, is that they're just trying to drag things out and hope either the Ukrainian offensive breaks without gains or that support from the US/EU dries up.

If either of those things happen they can "freeze" the war again and try to rebuild and rearm to attack again*. Or perhaps just claim victory and prop up some puppet states.

Either option would give Putin and his cronies a face saving out of sorts which would be close enough to a win, at least in the short term, that the Russian govt. would be happy.

*no one really knows how long this would take but the number that gets thrown around a whole lot is ~10yr or so, if that sounds crazy look at how long they froze the war after taking Crimea
I decided I would think outside the box for a minute to try to envision how gently caress might actually think the way things are is good and it was all worth it: He did, in fact, create a buffer zone of, you know, like a few hundred kilometers between Russia and the West by turning part of Ukraine into a perpetual warzone!

There is no amount of thinking outside the box to put a positive spin on Finland being in NATO but I guess maybe he just figures that saves him the trouble of trying to negotiate with those back-stabbing Finns. Why is it not Fins, ain't two Ns in Finland OH NO THERE ARE drat

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Klyith posted:

At this point I think every Soviet and post-Soviet Russian tank has been thoroughly examined by the US and they're aren't putting any particular effort to recovering them for testing.

That T-90A belonged to the US military. It had shipment info on the barrel and was in awful shape on the inside.

It was heading to a base with a tank shooting range, which combined with the awful conditions of the vehicle suggests its fate was to be a reactive target for NATO ammunition. Better condition vehicles are probably already at a petting zoo for analysis.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

theres an aberdeen in washington state too but i cannot recommend anyone going to look at it, its the only place in the country depressing enough to have spawned grunge music

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Dr. Quarex posted:

I decided I would think outside the box for a minute to try to envision how gently caress might actually think the way things are is good and it was all worth it: He did, in fact, create a buffer zone of, you know, like a few hundred kilometers between Russia and the West by turning part of Ukraine into a perpetual warzone!

Yeah that would probably be how he'd play it.

Having the Scandinavian countries, either de facto or de jure, be part of NATO is a giant loss for Putin/Russian international politics.

I think at this point he's just worried about holding power long term. He seems to either think he'll live forever or somehow turn things around if he is really delusional.

He could probably lose control of all the mainland Ukraine gains he's made but if he still holds Crimea he'll still claim victory somehow I bet.

He cannot publicly be seen admitting defeat.

Either as a way to protect his ego and/or a way to assure his grip on the Russian govt.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

if that sounds crazy look at how long they froze the war after taking Crimea

What war to take Crimea?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

What war to take Crimea?

You know, the war from 2014-2022.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
i got bored and tipsy last night on twitter so i went into a twitter space where they were very seriously discussing the war in armchair general mode and affected a russian accent and responded to every new mention of ukrainian victories with BLYAT until they turned it into a soundboard bite, probably the dumbest and most fun 20 minutes ive spent on that stupid site since elon took it over

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

i got bored and tipsy last night on twitter so i went into a twitter space where they were very seriously discussing the war in armchair general mode and affected a russian accent and responded to every new mention of ukrainian victories with BLYAT until they turned it into a soundboard bite, probably the dumbest and most fun 20 minutes ive spent on that stupid site since elon took it over

Sounds like a fun Friday night :)

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

:patriot:

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

What war to take Crimea?

lol

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1667490308924354562

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Perfect for the Kherson counter attack. :rolleyes:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I’m taking the capture T90 photo and doing a tankie and declaring the counter offensive a massive success and the routing of Russia imminent! !!!!!

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

mobby_6kl posted:

You know, the war from 2014-2022.

that was just a Special Military Annexation by some randos in green

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I guess extracting whatever useful weapons they can out of the Russian navy is a reasonable approach? It's not like their navy is of any use against, well, anyone it could actually get to.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Computer viking posted:

I guess extracting whatever useful weapons they can out of the Russian navy is a reasonable approach? It's not like their navy is of any use against, well, anyone it could actually get to.

I didn't realize the RBU-6000 was capable of launching land torpedoes :ohdear:

I know :ssh:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Lmfao that's not what amphibious attack means, monke!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Snowy posted:

They later said it was heading to Aberdeen

Warbadger posted:

That T-90A belonged to the US military. It had shipment info on the barrel and was in awful shape on the inside.

It was heading to a base with a tank shooting range, which combined with the awful conditions of the vehicle suggests its fate was to be a reactive target for NATO ammunition. Better condition vehicles are probably already at a petting zoo for analysis.

Aha, I hadn't heard that follow-up.

Anyways I'm still pretty sure that the US is unlikely to learn much new about them, the 90Ms have been on the export market so it's not exactly hard to get a good look. But maybe they can trade more Abrams or Bradleys for them.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1667584099630866438

A person too old for conscription calls for conscription

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Tai posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1667584099630866438

A person too old for conscription calls for conscription

A country totally on the verge of total victory, and not at all terrified of complete military collapse

Are Russians still invading Russians around Belgorod as all this poo poo is happening?

I understand the blackout on info but is there any news of Ukranian gains this last few days?