Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

euphronius posted:

Maxroll has decent content

It has good content but not for beginners unless I missed something somewhere.

I recommend the Diablo channel itself, they are doing a series for beginners.

E: link to the playlist. Unfortunately there isn't a totally separate playlist for simply the guides
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTNkfRTt89vfIwtS-vrLbhch4lQHR0npE

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Astryl posted:

HDR and a little bit of reshade to get rid of the layers of cum.

Unfortunately HDR screenshots kinda look like melted GPU rear end on a non-HDR screen.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Astryl posted:

HDR and a little bit of reshade to get rid of the layers of cum.

congrats you made your game look like poo poo

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Never, ever run NM dungeons with "Ranged / melee monsters burn x% of your resource on hit" jesus loving christ

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Jimbot posted:

Has anyone successfully killed that big boss thing that wanders around (or guards the chest, it was hard to tell when I was doing it) in the helltides? The thing had so much freaking HP.

Extensive (10k+) Thorns works well against it

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I switched from a minion necro build to a bone necro build at like 42 or so and have been immensely regretting it ever since. Taking forever to kill poo poo now and I’m way less survivable, and going through a whole rotation is so much more work. I think I was better off using the minion leggos I got 20 levels ago.

It's all about using a basic skill to plop a corpse on the ground, use corpse tendrils on that fresh pile, and chuck some bone spears into the group.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

BombiTheZombie posted:

Never, ever run NM dungeons with "Ranged / melee monsters burn x% of your resource on hit" jesus loving christ

Tbf HDR screenshots do not show how good it actually looks. Literally the only reshade stuff active is deblur and sharpen. The rest of that is just weird tonemapping in the picture. A shame really.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Just started playing this game as a necro.

What is the bar below the experience bar that slowly fills up green when I raise skeletons?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Better

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Has anyone successfully killed that big boss thing that wanders around (or guards the chest, it was hard to tell when I was doing it) in the helltides? The thing had so much freaking HP.

It dies in about 5-10s to stormwolf.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
"Zenith" is going on my "Do not run this dungeon" list

https://i.imgur.com/Rhfnjyh.mp4

I wonder if this is a bug specifically tied to chilling aspect being on vampire elites or if they really want you to be frozen by every single attack. I could switch to Rallying Cry for 6 seconds of unstoppable instead of using charge but I think I'll just avoid this place instead. Has anyone had this happen to them in another nightmare dungeon? I've done quite a few while levelling one of my glyphs up to 14 and I would definitely remember this if it happened more often.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 10, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
What is everyone seeing for latency? I'm often at around 100ms, which seems high. Tampa Bay.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Diephoon posted:

"Zenith" is going on my "Do not run this dungeon" list

https://i.imgur.com/Rhfnjyh.mp4

I wonder if this is a bug specifically tied to chilling aspect being on vampire elites or if they really want you to be frozen by every single attack. I could switch to Rallying Cry for 6 seconds of unstoppable instead of using charge but I think I'll just avoid this place instead. Has anyone had this happen to them in another nightmare dungeon? I've done quite a few while levelling one of my glyphs up to 14 and I would definitely remember this if it happened more often.

You basically have to run something that gives you unstoppable. I have been CCd from 100-0 several times over the course of 15 seconds of nonstop CC.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

site posted:

congrats you made your game look like poo poo

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Jokes on you I want my poo poo and blood covered corpses to look like poo poo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Reminds me of the "dark D3" reshades that similarly made the game look awful.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I switched from a minion necro build to a bone necro build at like 42 or so and have been immensely regretting it ever since. Taking forever to kill poo poo now and I’m way less survivable, and going through a whole rotation is so much more work. I think I was better off using the minion leggos I got 20 levels ago.

After beating D4 I never found a necro build that felt as good as D2 and D3. They've all been mostly irritating, and feel very limited so far. Corpse explosion almost made the cut but it's just too weak at the end of the day.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

listen I'm with you because I know it looks good, but you're working against an optical impossibility here

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

listen I'm with you because I know it looks good, but you're working against an optical impossibility here

I will slam my face into the furnace repeatedly as is the goon way.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Any goon clans have space for one? SaintCoyote#1130

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Can someone message Bobby Blizzard and get him to increase mob density by like 8x please. Thank You.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Thank you!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

terms people are using are specific to this game and it'll walk you through most of it as you play it. the game is actually pretty good at giving you an idea of what to do and the skill system has respecs and encourages experimentation

it's only been a week since the game came out. come learn with all of us
Huh, I had to disagree there. I'm asking because a friend told me you have to be level 15 or so before you can use your other barb weapons but I'm up to 18 and still see no explanation or mechanism to use my non-dual weapons. I understand the game only came out a few days ago but I dont think an explanation for how the character classes work is a big ask.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
In good news it turns out the issues I were having with my sorc were just about being right on the cusp of not having good enough items. I replaced a few items with ancestral level gear and now I am an unstoppable machine of death that explodes entire rooms in 1 second and can destroy single targets with near infinite mana.

The bad news is-- holy poo poo does the game slow down to a glacial pace at level 70. It was so immediately noticeable. Level 60-70 was a pleasant XP grind with 1 mystery/nightmare dungeon giving you a nice chunk of a bar and a helltide event often giving an entire level. When I hit 70 I actually thought the game bugged out because I didn't see any progress on my XP bar for a while. Now a dungeon gives me like 1/20 of a level bar.

Between that and the fact that now it's not even worth checking any gear that isn't ancestral level, I have a feeling my interest in the game is going to burn out over the next 4-5 days. There's no way this can remain satisfying for another 30 levels. Which honestly is fine; I got a ton of hours out of the game and haven't felt this invested/heavy urge to play a game like this in a few years.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

This game really needs a LFG function

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Astryl posted:

I will slam my face into the furnace repeatedly as is the goon way.

as is your right, we must act according to our nature.

Pixelante posted:

Any goon clans have space for one? SaintCoyote#1130

Awful Bone Economy Lodge (ABEL)
Search it up or whisper Marchidian#2852

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
All I did was a) used the Levels shader in Reshade (default parameters) and b) cranked up D4's Sharpen Image option to 50. Removes the smudge while darkening nighttime/dungeons a bit. Fine textures are better defined, especially in the environment. It also makes the hero lighting more apparent

Before / after

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
There's a great side quest in Hawezar after the campaign. It starts with the pastor in Zarbinzet. You go to some familiar places.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

faantastic posted:

How viable is a bow/archer build for rogue? Thinking of making an alt since Barb is off the menu til question marks. Can they use javelins or is that another class?

Very, I'm cruising in WT4 at only level 61 using penetrating shot with shadow and poison imbuements.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I knew SA was older but y'all old as gently caress in your 50s and 60s :rip:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thank you!

Huh, I had to disagree there. I'm asking because a friend told me you have to be level 15 or so before you can use your other barb weapons but I'm up to 18 and still see no explanation or mechanism to use my non-dual weapons. I understand the game only came out a few days ago but I dont think an explanation for how the character classes work is a big ask.

different skills use different weapons and you swap them automatically. You can change which weapons some skills use by hovering over them and middle clicking in town. use frenzy and you'll see it automatically uses your dual wield weapons. use lunging strike and you'll see it automatically uses your two hand blunt weapon. the system is designed to be transparent

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

isk posted:

All I did was a) used the Levels shader in Reshade (default parameters) and b) cranked up D4's Sharpen Image option to 50. Removes the smudge while darkening nighttime/dungeons a bit. Fine textures are better defined, especially in the environment. It also makes the hero lighting more apparent

Before / after

This reminds me of the light radius in D2 and I love it.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thank you!

at 15 you should have a priority quest for your class. you need to do that to unlock some things

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Against the advice of the thread, I started the game in HC. Is there a HC clan? I recall D3 had one, though I am not sure if the clan can have HC/non-HC people mixed.

Also, the game seems kind of boring so far, the skills are kind of bland and enemies seem too tanky. I had to throw in the towel last night because I was literally falling asleep mid battle while progressing the Act 1 story quest. It feels like it is missing something that the other games all had that I cannot quite identify. Hopefully it picks up once you have enough skill points to have a coherent build or something. Currently a 29 sorc because I thought the sorc would be better at not dying to pick up some Lilith statues to help the next character.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 10, 2023

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
the class quest for barb only unlocks the weapon expertises and techniques but you can use all of your weapons before then

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gone Fashing posted:

different skills use different weapons and you swap them automatically. You can change which weapons some skills use by hovering over them and middle clicking in town. use frenzy and you'll see it automatically uses your dual wield weapons. use lunging strike and you'll see it automatically uses your two hand blunt weapon. the system is designed to be transparent

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

at 15 you should have a priority quest for your class. you need to do that to unlock some things

Thank you both!

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

BombiTheZombie posted:

You basically have to run something that gives you unstoppable. I have been CCd from 100-0 several times over the course of 15 seconds of nonstop CC.

That's my biggest complaint with necro so far, only one skill that breaks CC and it's a fairly long cooldown.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mikojan posted:

Imo its ok a game has a carrot that keeps you playing. For some getting any of these chase uniques is enough reason to keep playing and getting a feeling of progression towards something

If I were the developer, I would add a bunch of items that literally only drop once, ever (or maybe allow only one to exist, so if someone salvages/sells theirs it can spawn again).

That way you get a bunch of social media speculation whenever someone comes across one, and people thinking it's a myth.

(I guess data-mining would be a problem for this, though)

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
Got the Rogue unique that gives Rain of Arrows all imbuements. I think this would pair well with the Aspects that trigger on striking with an imbued skill against poisoned, chilled. So that could be a pretty stacked nuke, just need to figure out a good way to bring the cooldown on Rain to something reasonable. Preparation, a ton of spenders and resource generation? Anyone using this amulet?

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

exquisite tea posted:

Reminds me of the "dark D3" reshades that similarly made the game look awful.

Remember the original pushback to the Diablo 3 screenshots and the "improved" photoshops people posted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

My life for an item filter... Even just by item level 700 and above would be fine.....