Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Finally managed to clear moc 8 and get the star I needed for 21. Doubt I can get any other star before I hit trailblazer 60.

team 1 was seele, tingyun, nat, fmc and team 2 JY, pela/asta/SW, bailu, m7. SW will probably take that slot permanently as she speeds up single target killing a lot compared to the other 2 and JY does enough aoe on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

acumen posted:

I will always push for Welt but Bronya and SW are both good too. Depends who has the best LCs if you're that set up

Some more details:
Seele E2 with In the Night
Bronya E1 with But the Battle Isn't Over (II)
FireMC E5 with Moment of Victory
Natasha E6 with Shared Feeling (II)
Silverwolf E0 with Before the Tutorial Mission Starts (V)
Tingyun E1 with Carve the Moon, Weave the Clouds
Jing Yuan E0 with Before Dawn
Baliu E1 with Post-Op Conversation

Beyond that:
Clara E0 with Something Irreplaceable (II)
Welt E0 with Good Night and Sleep Well (III)
Pela E6 with Resolution Shines as Pearls of Sweat (II)
Sushang E6 with Sleep Like the Dead
March 7th E6 with Day One of My New Life (V)

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

facepalmolive posted:

Having come from PoE, I'm somewhat hesitant on recommending Grimro as he seems to be new-ish to gacha. I still watch him a lot as he does have some good reasonable insight, but I'm always a little wary of people who go a bit too heavy on the spreadsheets, because some theorycrafters who go that deep end up losing perspective on how characters work in practice.

But in PoE, he did keep some great spreadsheets on loot drops and farming strats. So for any of his videos on farming and stamina efficiency, you prob can't do any better than Grimro. His character guides, I'm a solid 'eh, maybe, but I will continue seeking out other opinions'.

Other than Guoba Certified as I called out above, I don't know how knowledgeable he is himself, but MrPokke translates a lot of the CN theorycrafting. I don't know if CN theorycrafting is necessarily better, but it's definitely useful to see what takes CN and global agree on, vs. which opinions are more contentious (and their respective reasonings behind them).

I remember taking a few tries on SU-3 myself, but it's been awhile. I don't remember if he was one of the ones you want to break ASAP (I don't believe he is, but...).

The advice that really helped for me was to kill his adds on phase 1 and 2, but ignore his adds in phase 3 (they have too much hp) and just burn him down.

Going deep down a single path in blessings is generally better than getting a smattering of them, but you probably already knew that. You unlock a thing in your talent tree that lets you reroll blessings, if you're not there yet.

Otherwise here is one person's guide on SU. You don't have to follow it to the letter (unless you're horribly underleveled/undergeared) but it does do a decent job of highlighting what you should focus on: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rl8NdZahuT8vxY21C_85iGgxHZyh6sr7ZwVvEbr0o1M/edit#gid=0

With this guide and some lucky blessing picks I was able to easily beat 3-2. Team was Seele, Gepard, March, and FireMC. Path resonance was hitting for 75k, got the achievement for having 5000 shields on a character.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

bailu's big advantage over natasha is that her invigoration mechanic means she can heal people without having to spend sp.

Yeah, invigoration is amazing. I rarely need to use Bailu's skill, unless I get unlucky and a specific squishy character gets attacked a bunch.

In SU Invigoration combines very well with the "split damage among all party members" blessing (I think Abundance?). It keeps individual damage low enough that Invigoration can usually handle it.

Edit: I feel like Natasha might be better in a situation where there are a lot of strong single-target attacks and you have a tank holding aggro. But it's usually AoE attacks that cause problems for me.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 10, 2023

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

DontMindMe posted:

Some more details:
Seele E2 with In the Night
Bronya E1 with But the Battle Isn't Over (II)
FireMC E5 with Moment of Victory
Natasha E6 with Shared Feeling (II)
Silverwolf E0 with Before the Tutorial Mission Starts (V)
Tingyun E1 with Carve the Moon, Weave the Clouds
Jing Yuan E0 with Before Dawn
Baliu E1 with Post-Op Conversation

Beyond that:
Clara E0 with Something Irreplaceable (II)
Welt E0 with Good Night and Sleep Well (III)
Pela E6 with Resolution Shines as Pearls of Sweat (II)
Sushang E6 with Sleep Like the Dead
March 7th E6 with Day One of My New Life (V)

:stare:

uh I think you're good, enjoy your flexibility to choose your faves I guess?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Silver Fox e4 and e6 is kind of insane

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GateOfD posted:

:homebrew:

Very insane

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Might have to invest in Natasha for my 2nd healer since don’t have enough to roll for coffin guy

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wolfie

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

GateOfD posted:

Might have to invest in Natasha for my 2nd healer since don’t have enough to roll for coffin guy
She's very good imo! And with E6 she actually does a nonzero amount of damage, which is good for me because I've somehow pulled her 7 times so far

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Limited 5-star Eidolons don't exist.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Playing at high ping, I swear switching characters while you were running around out of combat used to make your movement hitch for a moment like in Genshin, but it doesn't anymore. I guess they fixed that in 1.1?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Performance does seem a good bit better for me in 1.1 yeah. I also noticed some stuff that wasn't there before and little tweaks to attack animations and timings.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well just single pulled a SW so time to reorganize my teams! Time to burn a bunch of stamina potions leveling her.

technolizard
May 19, 2013
Thank you for all the advice, ended up swapping in Tingyun and I cleared SU 3 no problem. I think part of my problem was just getting unlucky with Bailu dying right near the end, but I also got real lucky with blessings this time too. Now I get to worry over SU 3-2 in a few ranks like everyone else.

In other news, for some reason the new event really scratches the simcity / simtower itch in me (even though it's real straightforward). It almost seems out of place, but I like it. Never kept up with Genshin past the first six months and just re-downloaded that so I have no idea if they ever did something similar there, although I do know they did add the card game there.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
They did have something a little similar in the last Windblume event, but it was over too quick and just watch number go up instead of doing little sidequests like here.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Been seeing some awful new Star Rail ads on YouTube

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I will never be convinced that the armor relic set and lightning relic set drop at the same rate. Here are my last runs of that relic event:

Armor : Lightning
5* - 18:8
4* 33:18
3* 43:31

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

El Burbo posted:

Been seeing some awful new Star Rail ads on YouTube

If they are of a fat anime guy, then...unfortunately, it's been around for a bit.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Pain of Mind posted:

I will never be convinced that the armor relic set and lightning relic set drop at the same rate. Here are my last runs of that relic event:

Armor : Lightning
5* - 18:8
4* 33:18
3* 43:31

This but Quantum/Dmg Res for me :v:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Hook Pitch-Dark Hook the Great adding an incredible amount of time and appeal to the tours but providing no educational value whatsoever :allears:

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 10, 2023

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I am so resources constrained on numerous fronts it's crazy. Trace materials take forever to farm.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Excelzior posted:

Hook Pitch-Dark Hook the Great adding an incredible amount of time and appeal to the tours but providing no educational value whatsoever :allears:

Her hi-jacking her own interview was amazing :allears:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

are the Path of Abundance people the loving Zerg/Tyranids of this setting??

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

frajaq posted:

are the Path of Abundance people the loving Zerg/Tyranids of this setting??

Nah, The Swarm are tied to an Aeon we don't do anything with yet, The Propagation.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

And that Aeon is dead right now though traces of its... offspring remains

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I did Clara first part of her companion quest weeks ago, but her second part hasn't trigger yet. Was there something I was supposed to do to get that to activate?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

NeonPunk posted:

I did Clara first part of her companion quest weeks ago, but her second part hasn't trigger yet. Was there something I was supposed to do to get that to activate?

It took like a week or so for the second bit to trigger for me. I'm not sure if something I did actually triggered it, like going up a world level or something; for a bit I'd thought it was stuck behind serval's one, which I was ignoring, but eventually clara sent a message for the next part, so that's not it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pretty sure it's tied to equilibrium level. I went ahead and upped mine last night and immediately got a text from Clara to finish the quest after about a full week of silence.

Though it could be you just have to wait a certain number of days and it was a massive coincidence.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

If they are of a fat anime guy, then...unfortunately, it's been around for a bit.

It's funny/sad how ad agencies decide to market anime mobile games and just miss the mark of what actually attracts people to the game

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The only fat anime guy who belongs in a commercial is prozd.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

While I'm still chasing an energy regen rope, I'm not too mad about where my Silver Wolf's stats are at.

That's on top of like 3000 HP and almost 2000 attack (assuming that the bonus from Pan-Galactic Enterprise gets added in the stats page).

E: Upon testing the bonus is not computed in the stats page so she's probably closer to like 2300 attack? Jesus.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 10, 2023

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Silver wolf is now reasonably set and she's pretty cool, but the problem now is that the freebie LC is essentially gonna be stapled to her for the forseeable future. That wouldn't be a bad thing but Pela also wants that LC super bad, it basically completes her kit perfectly and makes her amazing. Not sure what to do...

El Burbo posted:

Been seeing... ads on YouTube

Skill issue

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The museum quest is pretty cute, it has huge Yakuza business minigame energy. I thought the sculpture retrieval mission was pretty funny, because the quest objective kept changing based on how fed up the party was with getting all the parts. It started with 50 parts, and then after complaining about it taking too long it ended up dropping to 40 parts, and then after getting a windfall you actually end up with 43 parts.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Excelzior posted:

Would honestly play a more fully fleshed out version of museum tycoon simulator. It's way more fun than I expected it to be.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Would honestly play a more fully fleshed out version of museum tycoon simulator. It's way more fun than I expected it to be.

Seriously. I'd slap down :20bux: for a fully involved game in this vein from Mihoyo. It's charming as gently caress.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

man, I have done 3 SU runs as Destruction and each time I get like 4 destruction blessings and just a bunch of random non-synergistic stuff. Managed to pull out a victory this time but it's getting annoying.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

lmao holy poo poo, I caved on my attempt to not pull Silver Wolf because the idea of a mono-quantum team sounded too spicy, and I got her in one 10-pull (with my last pull having successfully gotten Jing). First time that's happened to me.

part of me is tempted to go for the eidolons but no, that way leads to madness and way too much money loss

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 10, 2023

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

JT Jag posted:

part of me is tempted to go for the eidolons but no, that way leads to madness and way too much money loss

The best way to mentally handle an early character pull like that is not to think about the potential for Eidolons but think about the extra new character you can now likely afford with the unspent resources! Now you could roll for Luocha too, or try to get Kafka and Blade next patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lmao, I just got 18 Hunt blessings in 5-2. I was worried because I hosed up.and didn't have any cleanse aside from March 7, but Kafka literally only got a single turn once during her first phase.

I wasn't even using any Hunt characters! Jing Yuan and Welt were my DPS, but Welt was able to break Kafka with just ~two uses of his skill.