Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mystes
May 31, 2006

iirc black rock started allowing investors in their funds to vote by proxy although institutional investors probably have no interest in doing that anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Elon believes that the fund managers are the activists:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1667319538764103681

A look at your average American trying to make sense of how all of this works. Just complete and total ignorance, and to be fair investments are complicated.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I have definitely gone cold to them due to Telsa, but I also don't know what other car manufacturers are out there that are actually making good electric / hybrids. So that is a me problem. Need to figure out what is actually good, I just know Telsa is pure dog poo poo, and I would never touch their cars regardless of quality anyways.

there were a lot of people angry about Prius's and other hybrids before Teslas or Musk were even known as a thing. that was years ago

now it is 2023 and there are plenty of other electric cars not made by Tesla. almost every major car manufacturer has one or two.

personally i have a 2015 Prius and its been great, no complaints other than kind of a lovely view out the rear window.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Ha ha. I just looked at my stocks and Testla has an F rating according to Chuck Schwab

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how does an NFT game work?

somewhat serious answer.

they get a game mill to turn out some pos and staple coinz poo poo on.

the two notable stuff I remember.

1) some autochess pokemon ripoff. have a bunch of 3rd worlders grind a team of mons and make money somehow from coinz somehow.
2) the poo poo ape game thats just a auto runner/flying (down a sewer pipe) game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How do you class action an activist

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Earwicker posted:

personally i have a 2015 Prius and its been great, no complaints other than kind of a lovely view out the rear window.

Toyota or Mazda are what I would want to get when I am finally ready to replace my car. So this works out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how does an NFT game work?

It really doesnt at all. The con that is being sold is that NFT art assets can be transferred to any other game, the reality is that this is not even remotely possible.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1667632693390217216
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1667632967487995904

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Just checked, we already removed c-spam

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol twitter doesn't have trust and safety teams anymore, ella irwin quit

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

Elon Musk, upsetting every company he touches

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The gently caress is with these cowards at Google and Amazon. Turn his poo poo off, you loving losers!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Douchebag techbros stick together.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/JewishWorker/status/1667352395695763456

I've noticed this too - a lot of Twitter ads nowadays are these "stores" with generic-sounding names all selling the exact same poo poo.

Edit: And another one just popped up while I was looking at that tweet lol

Along these lines check out the replies to this:

https://twitter.com/dyingscribe/status/1667328802488307713

It's a lot of repeat accounts, but great demonstration of who's paying for blue checks and how it makes the site neigh unusable.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Douchebag techbros stick together.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Buy yours today at https://scamtees.mo

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Slotducks posted:

hey did anything ever happen with the whole inactive account stuff?

i see @npr hasn't been re-assigned to anyone yet 👀 👀

:lol: Someone in NPR's social media division is required to log into and out of the @npr account like, twice a week or something, just to keep the account's credentials fresh so it doesn't lapse into disuse to the point where Lonnie Launchpad can reclaim it :lol:

goatface posted:

If you enjoy legal writing that boils down to "these fucks can't demand we break the rules that they previously demanded we follow just because they've realised how much loving work they've made for themselves", it's a pretty good letter.

:laffo: This is the same poo poo that happened to one videogames company that demanded one-on-one arbitration, and would likely win the cases all the while, but some enterprising folks made a super easy form submission to request arbitration so that everyone and their cousin could submit an arbitration, and since all requests for arbitration were on the dime of the company, that made each of those 5-minute forms an annoying expense, but en masse, it amounted to an obscene cost(six figures of cost :lol: ) that the company complained about having to pay.

Glad someone completely ignored precedent and went ahead with repeating history

Hihohe posted:

lol
Any day now, the woke are gonna rise up and complete thier evil plan to destroy western civilization.

aaaany day now..

I was told antifa would murder all the white small business owners, take away all the guns, and trans white people, and NONE OF THAT HAPPENED, NOT EVEN IN MINECRAFT. :mad:

kazil posted:

:lmao: Twitter absolutely has Trust and Safety Teams, but they're not paying the bills, so Microsoft might cancel Twitter's corporate software account.

:thejoke: The Twitter Teams is about the virtual conferencing software, not actual people :lmao:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Elon Musk, not really reading the room for a decade or two now: "I just want it to be like 2004 SomethingAwful, we all want that, right?"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I said come in! posted:

A look at your average American trying to make sense of how all of this works. Just complete and total ignorance, and to be fair investments are complicated.

I wonder what in his/their mind these so-called (((activists))) look like

Maybe like layer after layer of middle and upper-middle managers all the way up to the top of the pyramid which is just one guy grinning fiendishly and pulling levers

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Waffle House posted:

Elon Musk, not really reading the room for a decade or two now: "I just want it to be like 2004 SomethingAwful, we all want that, right?"

He's peering with envy over at loving Gab, judging by that Torba thing

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
did gab and other shitholes lose their latest last resort webhost a few weeks or months ago? and arent they still offline?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

mystes posted:

iirc black rock started allowing investors in their funds to vote by proxy although institutional investors probably have no interest in doing that anyway

It's one of those things where there's a glimmer of truth - investors should take more of a role in company oversight, and the way that most people's retirements are structured makes that anywhere from an enormous hassle to functionally impossible. We could benefit from more democratic oversight of company boards, for example. Having this function mostly consolidated with companies like Vanguard and Blackrock isn't a good thing for the average person.

But these idiots as usual run past the real questions and start yelling conspiracy! and inevitably, jews!

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

PhazonLink posted:

did gab and other shitholes lose their latest last resort webhost a few weeks or months ago? and arent they still offline?

Not sure if there was another incident or if this was the same one, but Kiwi Farms and some other Nazi poo poo sites had their hosting shuttered recently.

e: I'm certain there was a post about this the other day but I can't find any news sources for it or the original post so take it with a grain of salt (or if anyone has a source, please do share)

Teratrain fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 11, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Teratrain posted:

Not sure if there was another incident or if this was the same one, but Kiwi Farms and some other Nazi poo poo sites had their hosting shuttered recently.

lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Oh no they took away the fascist dog whistle clothes from the murder game.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
love too dress up as nwordstomper58 in my oorah murder simulator

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Please link to the copium. I cannot venture into the forbidden realm myself.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1667672067804913664

What the even gently caress.

And even more interaction with conspiracy accounts.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1667646315323375616

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

! indeed Mr. Musk. what the gently caress does that mean?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Elon “The Unabomber was right” Musk

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1667627403089268739?s=20

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ah cool. does anyone have Elon's mailing address?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

ah cool. does anyone have Elon's mailing address?

Twitter HQ, 10th floor, San Francisco, Apartment 69

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
"For instance, it facilitated the concentration of absurd amounts of wealth in the hands of unaccountable chucklefucks like me"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I said come in! posted:

It really doesnt at all. The con that is being sold is that NFT art assets can be transferred to any other game, the reality is that this is not even remotely possible.

I remember reading this claim and being flabbergasted that anyone could state such a lie and not be immediately punched by the interviewer.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

https://twitter.com/viewsxpic/status/1667707427582607361?s=20

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lol, unprecedented level of :ironicat:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Advertisers love that kind of thing

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pookah posted:

I can't remember if it's from this thread or another one, but apparently there is a major problem with amazon throwing all products with the same designation from a wide variety of sellers, into the same bin, so if some sellers are selling fakes, they are all mixed up with the real ones.
So even if you pay for a genuine ps4 controller from Sony on amazon, you might get a junk 3rd party controller from a totally legit seller of "p54 comptrollers"

I have heard this from a number of goons who work for Amazon. Everything of a certain types just gets tossed in a big bin, no matter where it comes from, and 'pullers' (I think that's what they're called) just grab poo poo at random.

So, if you're spending $500 on a bright pink controller, or $50, odds are you're getting something from the same bin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

“WE are the news now!” —- thousands of blue check morons