Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t know what it spoiled. It’s literally the same thing in the original GB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

whats the point of walling it off?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

banned from Starbucks posted:

whats the point of walling it off?

I was always under the impression that there's was a laser grid, which was built of just that; lasers. And the concrete was there to wall it off from people and the outside world.

Apparently, that's not correct :shrug: so yeah, I don't know.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
So I went back and re-watched GB2016 just now and I am conflicted. Kate McKinnon and Chris Hemsworth are great, obviously and when the jokes hit, they absolutely hit. But there are a few sequences where the initial gag doesn't hit but they plough on trying to find a punchline that is never going to come and it's like, please, just move on. It also doesn't help that the plot is piss weak and seems to hit its inevitable run to the end about halfway through and so it drags the ending out way beyond any tolerance on my behalf. Also, Melissa McCarthy is sneaky good at keeping the whole thing together when she's not talking about soup

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Everyone in front of the camera are great, the problem is Feig decided to make a series of Ghostbusters themed improve youtube videos instead of actually writing a movie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

8one6 posted:

Everyone in front of the camera are great, the problem is Feig decided to make a series of Ghostbusters themed improve youtube videos instead of actually writing a movie.

That's it. That's a bingo. Exactly how I feel.

And Feig had/still has a lot of goodwill in my eyes from not just Bridesmaids but Freaks and Geeks. Jfc, I love that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPrNLm9nR3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XScjyEYhhCc

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

So I went back and re-watched GB2016 just now and I am conflicted. Kate McKinnon and Chris Hemsworth are great, obviously and when the jokes hit, they absolutely hit. But there are a few sequences where the initial gag doesn't hit but they plough on trying to find a punchline that is never going to come and it's like, please, just move on. It also doesn't help that the plot is piss weak and seems to hit its inevitable run to the end about halfway through and so it drags the ending out way beyond any tolerance on my behalf. Also, Melissa McCarthy is sneaky good at keeping the whole thing together when she's not talking about soup

Feig nodding vigorously. "Yes, more about wontons."

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/7hLvpxX.mp4

Filming in NYC, no sound tho.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

No one in this thread needs the audio provided for them. :iia:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Beachcomber posted:

No one in this thread needs the audio provided for them. :iia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OXQrYPdF_0

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

RLM made a good edit of the scene before they make their first bust bascially showing it should have had a dramatic pause before the punchline instead of Feig encouraging constant talking from everyone, pretty much tracks. A lot of the comedy in Ghostbusters in as much about what isn't being said as what is, in tightly written scenes.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I said before but there's multiple moments where the stupid ad libbing approach directly undercuts obvious characterization. Like Wiig's character's entire thing is "wants badly to be taken seriously, get's over excited when she thinks she's proven right, then regresses hard when it blows up in her face" but she still spares some time to riff on Patrick Swayze movies to the cops when it's completely out of character. McCarthy's character clearly has vague nods to caring about loyalty since she felt betrayed by Wiig, but this is never really fleshed out much and whatever else could have been there is replaced by wonton soup gags.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, the preview cut of the original has been been screened at various theatres, and this week, both Reitman and Kenan are going to be also screening the first cut of Firehouse.

See, that makes me think that they could've gotten it out by their original date. I didn't use to think they'd get it done in ~9 months. Maybe there's still a poo poo load of work, who knows.

All I know is that I didn't realize how much of a nerd I am for "containment unit science", and if this one touches on it even a little bit, I'll be satisfied.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

First cut just means that. No effects, no music just a first assembly cut of the film to see it all together

8one6
May 20, 2012

Like that leaked cut of xmen origins wolverine. (Which was the better version of the movie.)

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I might be completely wrong about this, but I always had a memory that when Lisa drinks the water in Duff Gardens and hallucinates Selma like this:

That it was almost exactly like an illustration of a ghost from an old Ghostbusters comic or annual that I would've had probably in the early 90s, but I haven't ever been able to find it.

Does this ring a bell for anyone else?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Lemon posted:

I might be completely wrong about this, but I always had a memory that when Lisa drinks the water in Duff Gardens and hallucinates Selma like this:

That it was almost exactly like an illustration of a ghost from an old Ghostbusters comic or annual that I would've had probably in the early 90s, but I haven't ever been able to find it.

Hmm, I’m thinking about the disguised female ghost in the RGB ep, Ghosts R Us.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I found it! It was from a 1989 Real Ghostbusters annual:

Definitely some similarities there, so good to know my memory isn't completely shot yet.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

is there a good collection of Real Ghostbusters comics out there? I have a handful and would love to read the rest.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Lemon posted:

I found it! It was from a 1989 Real Ghostbusters annual:

Definitely some similarities there, so good to know my memory isn't completely shot yet.

loving hell I remember that. I was nine at the time

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

egon_beeblebrox posted:

is there a good collection of Real Ghostbusters comics out there? I have a handful and would love to read the rest.

Sadly not. Can't even get the IDW stuff legally anymore.

I started reading the IDW stuff and I do love that Ray's spirit guide is the ghost of John Belushi dressed as Jake.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Sadly not. Can't even get the IDW stuff legally anymore.

I started reading the IDW stuff and I do love that Ray's spirit guide is the ghost of John Belushi dressed as Jake.

Oh man, that's so good.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Lemon posted:

Dang this is triggering some memory. I couldn't find anything other than this Bort of the Dead

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm gathering materials for a new project.

The colander itself is pretty vintage. It's got a few dents and stains. Should I buff all that out and make it look new? Or lean into it and weather and age the whole thing like it was on a shelf in Egon's barn for 30 years?

I'm avoiding spoilers, so please quote me if you reply, otherwise I'll over look it. :)

gregday
May 23, 2003

deoju posted:

I'm gathering materials for a new project.

The colander itself is pretty vintage. It's got a few dents and stains. Should I buff all that out and make it look new? Or lean into it and weather and age the whole thing like it was on a shelf in Egon's barn for 30 years?

I'm avoiding spoilers, so please quote me if you reply, otherwise I'll over look it. :)

Yes, have some.

I just picked up a pair of Egon’s glasses.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Quick! Get it before it's gone!

Someone put together ALL of the scenes, music cues, edits... Everything, mixing it right into the theatrical, final version, sometimes right to the frame, to create "We can just put it right back in there: Ghostbusters Reconstructed" (Vimeo link, but who knows how long Sony will take to take this down. Anyone know how to download this?)

I skipped to the montage and its like 4x as long and of course doesn't include the dream sequence. During that part of the song, they put in the deleted scene of the cop giving Ecto-1 a parking ticket and having it disintegrate. It actually works really well.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Interesting. I'll have to check it out

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Interesting. I'll have to check it out

Well, I hope you managed to do it before it got taken down.

Edit: it lives!

https://archive.org/details/ghostbusters-reconstruction

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 17, 2023

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
:siren: :siren: :siren: Hasbro are announcing something Ghostbusters related tonight :siren: :siren: :siren:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Bacon Terrorist posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: Hasbro are announcing something Ghostbusters related tonight :siren: :siren: :siren:

Come onnnnn PKE meter!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

Come onnnnn PKE meter!

Cat-sized electronic proton pack. Just in time for Halloween!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Cat-sized electronic proton pack. Just in time for Halloween!

Trap themed litter box.

"I looked at the clump, Ray..."

8one6
May 20, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Come onnnnn PKE meter!

I have the spirit Halloween one but I'd love to see a really high end one.

Or even better a Real Ghostbusters accurate one.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
So they teased a teaser video :confused:

https://youtu.be/FUuoaegfUR4?si=K5HBrpwWmWxupYLg

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Real working slime blower

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t need haslab for one of those

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I don’t need haslab for one of those

Is yours a lot bigger e toaster? :smug:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
So people think there are clues from that video, the guy focuses on the Kenner PKE and Trap with his flashlight then looks at the camera and smiles, plus at the end of the video when it says 'There's definitely something there' the PKE sound effect plays.

As much as my bank cant take it I would definitely prefer a trap/PKE to the same standard as the pack and thrower than firehouse etc. Unless they did Blitzway standard collectables I would probably pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cross posting from the GTA Online thread.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Me: Everybody can relax, I found the car. Needs some suspension work and shocks. Brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear-end.

Dr. Peter Venkman : How much?

Me: Only $1.49M, Southwest San Andreas Super Auto.

[Venkman looks shocked] 

Me: Also new rings, mufflers, a little wiring.

-----

I'm about halfway through taking pictures of all of the ghosts to get the Ghost Exposed livery. Until then, this thing's gonna look like a beater.

The vehicle is known in-game as the Albany Brigham, it drives like a boat, but it's got a siren, so :allears:

Edit: got it!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And now, I've got the proper livery!

Costume is, of course, Janine Melnitz, specifically from the Real Ghostbusters.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 15, 2023