Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Personally I hope Suletta rips up Miorine’s birthday invitation, but doesn’t threaten to kill her.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

But... why?

"I'll marry you."

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtsAlzEWNMY

Live talk show with Ichinose Kana and Lynn. In Japanese, of course.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1667728358443220994

Watch all the discussion we've had about tomorrow's episode be for nothing because it's entirely about Prospera and Miorine.

The floor is lava and Mio Mio is looking at it and gaugeing where exactly to jump

So it'll be a lighthearted ep then!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
What time does the episode normally drop? I'm in Pacific timezone and I'm pulling an all-nighter tonight and depending on when the ep is up on Youtube I might use the ep as extra motivation to stay up and get stuff done

edit: nevermind, I got about 2 hours :shobon: 2am for the west coast it seems like

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 11, 2023

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1667788757565677569

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Please abort the dad transformation, Guel.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

What time does the episode normally drop? I'm in Pacific timezone and I'm pulling an all-nighter tonight and depending on when the ep is up on Youtube I might use the ep as extra motivation to stay up and get stuff done
The initial TV broadcast is at 5 PM JST, which would be 1 AM PDT, if I have it correct. I believe it's around an hour later that it goes up for streaming, but the Gundaminfo youtube does gate regionally, so if you aren't using a VPN to access through SE Asia it's not going to be available there - they haven't even opened this cour to the US, so the most recent there will be episode 12. Crunchyroll has streaming rights, I think? Anyway it's usually around an hour or two after I post my live follow-along that I notice others chiming in so I'd assume that's the earliest most are going to be able to see it.

The last two previews are always 1 hour and half an hour before live broadcast.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Hogama posted:

The initial TV broadcast is at 5 PM JST, which would be 1 AM PDT, if I have it correct. I believe it's around an hour later that it goes up for streaming, but the Gundaminfo youtube does gate regionally, so if you aren't using a VPN to access through SE Asia it's not going to be available there - they haven't even opened this cour to the US, so the most recent there will be episode 12. Crunchyroll has streaming rights, I think? Anyway it's usually around an hour or two after I post my live follow-along that I notice others chiming in so I'd assume that's the earliest most are going to be able to see it.

The last two previews are always 1 hour and half an hour before live broadcast.

Yeah, I got VPN. My friend also has a plex server and he's been adding the new episodes, but it usually doesn't show up until Monday morning and honestly I'm just trying to dodge spoilers as this point. Honestly it's really annoying that the US Gundam youtube doesn't have the newest eps yet and I wonder if that has to do with Crunchyroll

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1667796308852109314
TV broadcast in 26 minutes.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
Episode 21

Suletta = Gundam Caliban
Lauda = Gundam Schwarzette

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Episode 21: Okay, so Belmeria is on her way...to the school? Aftermath of the attack, Suletta looks like she's doing better. I'm worried that the couch is no more, though... PETRA! Meanwhile, at HQ... Miorine looks to be in less high spirits. Shaddiq's group is locked up pretty well. Tomato time! Even for THEM! Earth House is doing their best. Oh no, Nika! But here comes Guston and Bel! And now the PEIL ladies joining the SAL, making a move on Plant Quetta!? Oh boy. Maybe Sarius can help? Meanwhile Bel's giving the rundown for GUND-ARM about Quiet Zero. Hey, looks like El5n's still around. Suletta spills about her own past, too, from what she learned from Eri, and why Aerial's special. But there's a Gundam waitIT'S CALIBAN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Nika forces Belmeria to come clean on the Elans. And no other suit's going to be safe from data storms like Aerial! But... Suletta's getting in the mobile suit! OH poo poo, QUIET ZERO! YEAH THAT DON'T LOOK FRIENDLY! It begins... and it's over. Congratulations, Eri. Looks like we're getting the final gang. But... Lauda, please. Well, uh... that's a new target, yup.

No post-credits scene.

Episode 22: The Woven Path

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The first half's a breather after the heaviness of the last episode, but the second half ramped up the tension again by showing us Quiet Zero. After she went through so much this season, I'm really glad that Suletta's character arc is going forward at a strong pace. The way she brings up how Prospera only cares about Eri while still admitting that part of her loves her was really good. Like, even if you can admit that your parent is lovely it doesn't automatically mean you hate them fully. There's a lot of complicated feeling about it, still.

Honestly, I'm just satisfied with how everyone talked things through and cleared the air. Now waiting for Suletta to swoop in and have an honest talk with Miorine in the future, too. :3:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hey look at that, Lauda is going to do something really stupid with the Schwarzette just like I said.

Not as much happened this episode as I'd have liked (and I say that seeing A LOT happens onscreen) and a lot of the stuff that did happen happened in a way that I'm rather disappointed by. Yeah, it's hitting the beats but it felt like ticking off boxes rather than fully diving into the scenes the way I'd want them to.

Kinda bummed by this one, to be honest.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 11, 2023

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Hellbore posted:

Episode 21

Suletta = Gundam Caliban
Lauda = Gundam Schwarzette

I guess it makes sense with all of the other references, but introducing a new Gundam with basically no build-up still feels weird. I guess they're trying to completely finish the story this cour, though, as much as I think it would be better to give it more time to breathe.

Despite everything that happened this episode, it still felt kinda low-key; probably because of everything that's been happening recently, and what is definitely going to happen in the next three episodes.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Despite the fact I originally said that Suletta's next suit would be the Caliban, if it's basically a death sentence I'm guessing El5n will be the one taking that ride.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I don't even really know what to say because the episode is perfectly functional and my issues with it are entirely down to personal preference over anything the show is really doing *wrong*. I just wish that there was more time to stretch some of these topics out rather than grouping a ton of people together in one room and resolving four different plot lines in a single exposition dump.

It has a very "Late Seasons Game of Thrones" element to it where characters feel like they drop out of the story and then pop up again at plot relevant locations without any indication of when they left their last known spot or what they did between then and now.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 11, 2023

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Yawgmoft posted:

Despite the fact I originally said that Suletta's next suit would be the Caliban, if it's basically a death sentence I'm guessing El5n will be the one taking that ride.

El5n just said there's no way in hell he's getting in a Gundam. Dude ends up valuing his life even more rather than trying to get himself killed in a revenge plot, which I can respect.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Okay, so it sounds like Ericht was transferred into Aerial as a direct result of her straining herself during the Prologue and then I guess it took four years to make a Suletta

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So if they are leaning into The Tempest does that mean that its going to end with Suletta admitting that Prospera is right and she winning?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

Okay, so it sounds like Ericht was transferred into Aerial as a direct result of her straining herself during the Prologue and then I guess it took four years to make a Suletta

She just says that Ericht's body was weakened and she was about to die. Suletta is summarizing a lot in that scene but I don't think it was the permet sync that injured Eri, considering how long Eri managed to survive after the prologue.

Sounds like "they fled to Mercury" resolves point one, and then point two is that the harsh conditions of space and especially Mercury weakened Eri to the point where Gundam upload was the only fix.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, sadly, Chuchu did not kill those two bully girls

Yeah this was an extremely "Get our ducks in a row for the series/season finale" episode, which is important to do and frankly I'm glad for the break from the misery lol

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Arc Hammer posted:

I don't even really know what to say because the episode is perfectly functional and my issues with it are entirely down to personal preference over anything the show is really doing *wrong*. I just wish that there was more time to stretch some of these topics out rather than grouping a ton of people together in one room and resolving four different plot lines in a single exposition dump.

It has a very "Late Seasons Game of Thrones" element to it where characters feel like they drop out of the story and then pop up again at plot relevant locations without any indication of when they left their last known spot or what they did between then and now.

I felt the same, especially with how Quiet Zero was shown (I did like the immediate ominous music when it showed up though) .It didn't help that a lot of the episode was Suletta explaining to the everyone else stuff we already knew.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Arc Hammer posted:

yeah the breakneck pacing has finally gotten to be a bit of a detriment - i wouldn't say it's made the show bad or anything but it's trying to do so much with no room for any of it to breathe, and with suletta and miorine apart then there isn't really very much interesting happening between the characters

gundam caliban being introduced out of nowhere is definitely a bit much in terms of rushing things, and when the show is already struggling to fit everything in i'm not really sure lauda needs to have any focus

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

She just says that Ericht's body was weakened and she was about to die. Suletta is summarizing a lot in that scene but I don't think it was the permet sync that injured Eri, considering how long Eri managed to survive after the prologue.

Sounds like "they fled to Mercury" resolves point one, and then point two is that the harsh conditions of space and especially Mercury weakened Eri to the point where Gundam upload was the only fix.

The novel implies that Suletta and Aerial were somewhere before Mercury, so Ericht must have died somewhere around the Earth Sphere, before Prospera hid them both on Mercury to presumably work on Quiet Zero.

sube
Nov 7, 2022

seems to me like they want to finish the anime with this season, with how fast everything is going now, which is a mistake imo

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
Art from one of the mecha designers

https://twitter.com/KANETAKE/status/1667810867742932992?s=20

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

lih posted:

yeah the breakneck pacing has finally gotten to be a bit of a detriment - i wouldn't say it's made the show bad or anything but it's trying to do so much with no room for any of it to breathe, and with suletta and miorine apart then there isn't really very much interesting happening between the characters

gundam caliban being introduced out of nowhere is definitely a bit much in terms of rushing things, and when the show is already struggling to fit everything in i'm not really sure lauda needs to have any focus

:shrug: Suletta needs a ride, and as entertaining as it was, Schwarzette never really made sense anyway.

They... COULD end this in this cour, but they'd be leaving a ton of things on the floor if they did. 3 episodes to: Get everyone in poo poo, have Lauda whatever, have Suletta confront Eri and Prospera, AND a denouement that either kicks miorine to the curb or magically fixes their relationship with not enough buildup (because this isn't really the kind of show that wouldn't have a denouement, even if Gundam kind of likes doing it) is A Lot, which would then leave Everything About Peil, everything in space that isn't the three main groups at benerit (I guess the league could be argued to have existed to job to Quiet Zero, but there's still a lot of poo poo that isn't them that we haven't done poo poo with), and most of Earth, just kind of left in the dust.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 11, 2023

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sube posted:

seems to me like they want to finish the anime with this season, with how fast everything is going now, which is a mistake imo

Eeeh it certainly feels like it but one of the things I thought about how they could extended the series did happen which is Peil allying with the SAL but given how quickly they are moving they could just as easily just have a two minute scene with El5n blowing up the grannies and El0n with no buildup what so ever.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Eeeh it certainly feels like it but one of the things I thought about how they could extended the series did happen which is Peil allying with the SAL but given how quickly they are moving they could just as easily just have a two minute scene with El5n blowing up the grannies and El0n with no buildup what so ever.

This is why the Quiet Zero reveal scene fell so drat flat to me. The SAL's capacity as an antagonistic force has had what, two mentions across two episodes? Now they throw an entire fleet at the plot and then their whole role on the story gets obliterated by Quiet Zero which is suddenly complete offscreen and the election made no difference and now Prospera is here too and openly being a villain rather than obfuscating and working in the shadows. And I'm also kinda meh on Quiet Zero *just* being a big shutdown button that makes a permet killbox. I was hoping for something a bit closer to Human Instrumentality, or at least forcing permet datastorms onto the human body rather than just technology.

If Quiet Zero is only a doomsday hack the planet device it still works as an endgame device but I wanted more transhumanism.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Arc Hammer posted:

This is why the Quiet Zero reveal scene fell so drat flat to me. The SAL's capacity as an antagonistic force has had what, two mentions across two episodes? Now they throw an entire fleet at the plot and then their whole role on the story gets obliterated by Quiet Zero which is suddenly complete offscreen and the election made no difference and now Prospera is here too and openly being a villain rather than obfuscating and working in the shadows. And I'm also kinda meh on Quiet Zero *just* being a big shutdown button that makes a permet killbox. I was hoping for something a bit closer to Human Instrumentality, or at least forcing permet datastorms onto the human body rather than just technology.

If Quiet Zero is only a doomsday hack the planet device it still works as an endgame device but I wanted more transhumanism.

To be fair it might not actually be DONE yet. This could just be show of force.

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Supremezero posted:

:shrug: Suletta needs a ride, and as entertaining as it was, Schwarzette never really made sense anyway.

They... COULD end this in this cour, but they'd be leaving a ton of things on the floor if they did. 3 episodes to: Get everyone in poo poo, have Lauda whatever, have Suletta confront Eri and Prospera, AND a denouement that either kicks miorine to the curb or magically fixes their relationship with not enough buildup (because this isn't really the kind of show that wouldn't have a denouement, even if Gundam kind of likes doing it) is A Lot, which would then leave Everything About Peil, everything in space that isn't the three main groups at benerit (I guess the league could be argued to have existed to job to Quiet Zero, but there's still a lot of poo poo that isn't them that we haven't done poo poo with), and most of Earth, just kind of left in the dust.

oh yeah a lot is being left open, but the pace they're writing at now would be unnecessary if they were doing another season likely. unless they plan to write the third season about Peil & SAL, I suppose? Like them resolving quinharbor off-screen, a new gundam out of nowhere, Lauda just being dropped in again out of nowhere, etc. would be really odd if they were planning for a third season, unless they make the fight between suletta and prospera happen in third season, but that'd be really odd pacing, as we know Quiet Zero's capabilities at this point and where it is at, Earth House is readying for the fight, etc.

sube fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jun 11, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Supremezero posted:

To be fair it might not actually be DONE yet. This could just be show of force.

It could be but Prospera doesn't have a reason to lie when she's on her own and she was very clear about how "massacre a bunch of dudes" is part of her plan to make a happy world for Eri.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

It could be but Prospera doesn't have a reason to lie when she's on her own and she was very clear about how "massacre a bunch of dudes" is part of her plan to make a happy world for Eri.

I think it's more that the SAL fleet was going to stop her from completing her plan that they needed to be destroyed, rather than a step in the actual plan. Of course, it was also an expedient way to show off what Quiet Zero is capable of and what our heroes will have to overcome without putting any characters we care about in danger.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Arc Hammer posted:

She's not on her own, there were people right there with her operating things.

If we assume that the person originally building Quiet Zero was Delling, then the staff in the room with her that wasn't her assistant dude was probably Delling's.

Besides, we just got an explanation this episode of what Quiet Zero's supposed to be capable of doing. That wasn't it. And if it were capable of doing that, there just wouldn't be an answer short of plot armor negating it's effects (Which I vaguely expect to come up anyway, but not yet). So Quiet Zero's probably not done, and the goal will probably be to stop it from being finished. Because what are you going to do to a thing that's supposed to stop all technology in the entire earth sphere?

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 11, 2023

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

amigolupus posted:

El5n just said there's no way in hell he's getting in a Gundam. Dude ends up valuing his life even more rather than trying to get himself killed in a revenge plot, which I can respect.

What he says and what he will do will are two different things.

In regards to the pace, this whole cour has been pretty fast, so it is possible they are trying to get to a certain end point to set up another 24 episodes in universe, but I will say this pace is leaving me very disappointed in how it has ground the good, consistent character development and relationships to a halt.

Yawgmoft fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 11, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well you know what would have been nice in that case? A scene showing Prospera arriving at Quiet Zero, the operators talking as a "oh hi Lady Prospera good timing we're just about ready to make a test demonstration this will be great for when our boss Delling wakes up!" to make is clear that she's still working in the shadows, or literally anything to give us some context besides being informed Prospera vanished after Quinnharbour.

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

tbh my guess is it might work that way if finished, because it's the only way I can see it help the goal of making a world for Eri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Also to add on to the "things they still gotta do" list, while Suletta's trundling along pretty well on her character development track, Miorine... isn't. She's just now hitting, like, where Suletta was 2, maybe 3 episodes ago or so (Obviously they're not the same track, but it's the rock bottom phase). She needs time for things too dammit.

Unless the goal is telling her to eat poo poo, of course, but that'd be lame.