Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

lmao you don’t have to praise anarch-primitivism.

But we're applauding Jolly West's success record...? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

reading elon's feed isn't even funny anymore, it's literally all just right-wing horseshit
Always has been. :downsgun:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Problem with this is that Google holds all the cards and your only hope is that they want to get paid more than they want to gently caress you up.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1649523985837686784

Clock is ticking.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

I don't think playing chicken with Google is going to go the way Musk thinks it will

Big Blue Bird vs Gobblin' Google who will win in this battle of the birds??

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1667782870423724033

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

there isn’t a wedgie big enough to fix this.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
all i want is for him to face a single Consequence some day

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

So 2 years then.
An Elon Estimate has a +- range accuracy of 9999%

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

lmao you don’t have to praise anarch-primitivism.

yes you do idiot

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the Unabomber. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to him”

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Elias_Maluco posted:

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the Unabomber. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to him”

wrong

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

The Behind the bastards episode about this suit is pretty fun.

He'll suffer 0 consequences though.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

there isn’t a wedgie big enough to fix this.

I too like to announce publicly that I am guilty of the thing I am standing accused of. As a prank.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Lol elon is going to completely gently caress up the timeline for nasa’s next crewed moon mission and china is going to get there first

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

jailbreaking my fsd to honk a fart sound every time it detects this

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
we started building a massive water-cooled, steel plate

??

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

punished milkman posted:

Lol elon is going to completely gently caress up the timeline for nasa’s next crewed moon mission and china is going to get there first

Elon ftw

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

??

Ablated molten steel will be easier on minivans

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

I don't know anything about rockets, but I would like to know if anyone else at spacex thinks this is a good idea. Because it sounds like something a young child would come up with.

even if the science works out so that the heat can be dissipated by the water fast enough to not melt the steel, surely this does nothing to redirect the kinetic energy of the blast.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
“it said my car could survive one crash, so we figured we’d be fine to smash it up”

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

??
cybertruck took up their entire massive steel plate production capacity, and as a result, nothing is actually ready

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

punished milkman posted:

lol at western intelligence agencies just deciding insane billionaires aren't security risks

like just extending the whole 'above the law' stuff to its ultimate conclusion and hoping for the best

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol at western intelligence agencies just deciding insane billionaires aren't security risks

like just extending the whole 'above the law' stuff to its ultimate conclusion and hoping for the best

The best part is he doesn't even put any of his own money into SpaceX, it's all funding rounds and taxpayer money. So we get an idiot moron billionaire personally designing Homer Cars for our space program for no actual reason. In Elon parlance, America is definitely not for the win.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

??

It's actually 2 steel plates with water in between and the top plate has holes in it to shoot water up to suppress the destructive force of the raptor engines (?) during launch

Anyway, it's assuredly not going to work

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s federal money so it’s not even tax payer money

it’s just magic fed dollars

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
elon ftw d2a

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mola Yam posted:

all i want is for him to face a single Consequence some day

the consequence is twitter

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

I don't know anything about rockets, but I would like to know if anyone else at spacex thinks this is a good idea. Because it sounds like something a young child would come up with.

even if the science works out so that the heat can be dissipated by the water fast enough to not melt the steel, surely this does nothing to redirect the kinetic energy of the blast.
LOL it's literally like his Tesla self-driving system: there is literally a system that works already and is good enough for everyone else but he needs to use his own personal solution, because he needs to show how smart a boy he is.
It's self-sabotage at its finest.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

it's the "first principles" horseshit

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
oh water cooled huh. good thing seawater isn't corrosive and there's no drought

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Musk doesn't care about Trust and Safety so he sees this as a win.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Are all of you suggesting that the brilliant masterstroke genius Elon musk's perfectly decided launch pad site, within a wildlife reserve where they cannot actually construct proper launch pad features like flame diverter pits and oh say having the fuel storage tanks and other critical structures safely several hundred meters from the pad itself instead of across the loving street because of the whole middle of a wildlife reserve thing, was actually just a loving dipfuck boer emerald neppybabby looking to own the libs by moving out of California and into the wild west no regulations Texas??

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mad?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Asproigerosis posted:

Are all of you suggesting that the brilliant masterstroke genius Elon musk's perfectly decided launch pad site, within a wildlife reserve where they cannot actually construct proper launch pad features like flame diverter pits and oh say having the fuel storage tanks and other critical structures safely several hundred meters from the pad itself instead of across the loving street because of the whole middle of a wildlife reserve thing, was actually just a loving dipfuck boer emerald neppybabby looking to own the libs by moving out of California and into the wild west no regulations Texas??

yeah pretty much

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon musk is a visionary and a genius a stupid person would never do the things he would do such as attempt rescue children stranded in an underwater cave with a death coffin or launch a rocket on a water cooled platform

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Launching directly on a solid steel panel is actually a good thing as we know when energy or a force hits a surface it just stops existing

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Grey Fox posted:

cybertruck took up their entire massive steel plate production capacity, and as a result, nothing is actually ready

Just park all the unfinished cybertrucks under the rocket

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
i think this was posted before but it goes into the steel plate idea and how bad it probably is. also touches on why he may be avoiding the standard approach beyond just “I’m smart”

https://youtu.be/mr1N9CcvKXM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Launching directly on a solid steel panel is actually a good thing as we know when energy or a force hits a surface it just stops existing

well, the panel will