Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nikumatic posted:

I want to see Speedball as a character who transforms into Penance if you destroy two or more of your opponent’s 1 cost drops.

Was thinking about him as a card the other day and wondering how well a 1/0 would work if he gained +1 each time he moved but he moves randomly on his own.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm actually surprised that Kate Bishop hasn't been datamined yet. Instead they have a lot of obscure ones in there, along with a few big names that haven't been released as of yet like Ms. Marvel, War Machine, Jean Grey, and X-23

https://marvelsnapzone.com/cards/unreleased/

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
My best performing deck the last two days has just been the good old Stature Stats decks from like two metas ago. Zabu enabling both a Shang and Enchantress in the deck is still just a dominant play line.

I copied a high performing one from untapped that just subbed storm for Polaris. Gives the deck some play against the poo poo ton of Galactus. If his rework makes it an obsolete tech piece I would probably put Polaris back in.

Although with nebula and DH the deck can use a Storm pretty well alot of the time anyway.

Deck never really went anywhere I guess, but I'm surprised at how good it feels into everything right now.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Red posted:

Who are the biggest-name characters not represented in the game yet, not counting characters that have been revealed/discovered as coming soon.

Marvel Snap Zone had a spreadsheet

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I've been having an uncharacteristically great climbing today; gone up from the 50s to the 70s on first Surfer Move and now good ol' Miracle Sera, with the highlight being just now getting the push from 69 to 73 from a Galactus who dropped Knull with priority onto a board that already had a 20 power from a doubled Doctor Octopus on the Wakandan Throne Room. Shang Chi doesn't exist if you don't believe in him.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The rest of the 2099 crew would be fun. Especially DOOM 2099!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BGrifter posted:

The rest of the 2099 crew would be fun. Especially DOOM 2099!

I appreciate that he has a big D on his belt so we don't forget who he is

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

That's just Hobgoblin 2099 trying to fool everyone

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
ok the spiderman change to 5 cost is good it just won me a game because swagneto can't pull him any more.

Shuma gorath should be a card in this game. Actually everyone else from MvC should be in the game!!

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Jehuti posted:

ok the spiderman change to 5 cost is good it just won me a game because swagneto can't pull him any more.

Shuma gorath should be a card in this game. Actually everyone else from MvC should be in the game!!

I don't know if Marvel has the rights to use Shuma Gorath's name. That's why they changed it for the Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness movie.

I think they could also solve a lot of the character versions by having some of them just be alt-art to existing cards. War Machine could be a good Iron Man alt look, or Laura Kinney could be a good Wolverine variant.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There is a Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider as a variant so I assume we're not getting that version of Ghost Rider

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah they’re really inconsistent about it. I think they basically said if multiple individuals share a hero name then they’ll be variants (Robbie and Johnny are both Ghost Rider) but immediately broke that because of Peter and Miles both being Spider-man. You could have Laura and Logan both as Wolverine but she’s going to be in as X-23. Ghost Spider is still a name that’s incredibly stupid but we already have Jessica Drew’s Spider-Woman. Etc etc.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Red hulk gotta be in eventually

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I love that they included Santa Claus.

Also this is the first time I'm realizing playing this game feels like collecting the old Marvel Series 2 and 3 from the '90s.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Just hit Infinite for the second time, and incredibly so early in the season!

I have no idea what changed this season but after maxing I think at 89 last season and starting at 58 this season, I had a relatively easy climb using mostly kitty bounce and a couple other decks here and there. I finished my climb tonight going back to the Stature/Blackbolt deck that someone else here mentioned recently as well.

I usually don't make much ground at the start of a new season but something was sure different this time around. I do suspect I faced a lot of bots, some pretty obvious, for plenty of 8 cube wins along the way. But there were plenty of close games along the way where I won by only a few or even just a single point.

I almost don't know what to do now having reached Infinite with 3 weeks left in the season. Suppose I'll explore some silly fun decks and actually try Ghost Spider. I wanted to start the season focusing on using decks I knew well instead of immediately diving in with the new season card, , and I do think that helped my climb.

Did Second Dinner ever say anything official about the start of the season and the change to the drop in rank/levels? Wondering if it was a bug or if it could happen again next season. If they are trying something new I can see how trying to get higher into Infinite will have a benefit.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Gold background, gold glimmer, gold frame

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Protip posted:

Just hit Infinite for the second time, and incredibly so early in the season!

I have no idea what changed this season but after maxing I think at 89 last season and starting at 58 this season, I had a relatively easy climb using mostly kitty bounce and a couple other decks here and there. I finished my climb tonight going back to the Stature/Blackbolt deck that someone else here mentioned recently as well.

Does Bounce still work well post nerf?

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Quackles posted:

Does Bounce still work well post nerf?

I feel like it does, with maybe some slight adjustments to lines of play. I feel I was already saving Beast often for turn 5, and with the cost change it just means now having to think more about what I want the cost reduction on and how to play it out.

I was winning plenty of games with what felt like the same amount of power on turn 6 as pre-nerf and could still beat out a lot of other decks with the right hand, draws, and play.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

GarudaPrime posted:

My best performing deck the last two days has just been the good old Stature Stats decks from like two metas ago. Zabu enabling both a Shang and Enchantress in the deck is still just a dominant play line.

I copied a high performing one from untapped that just subbed storm for Polaris. Gives the deck some play against the poo poo ton of Galactus. If his rework makes it an obsolete tech piece I would probably put Polaris back in.

Although with nebula and DH the deck can use a Storm pretty well alot of the time anyway.

Deck never really went anywhere I guess, but I'm surprised at how good it feels into everything right now.

Same, just hit infinite with this. Running Polaris and Stegron which enables Miles and also are both great with the hot location today.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
Looking at upcoming MCU I'd be surprised if we don't see a Talos soon. And probably Kate Bishop, Skarr, Wiccan and Speed.

Personally I'd like Legion and Gwenpool because I think they are most likely to have some quite divergent designs.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MissMarple posted:

Personally I'd like Legion and Gwenpool because I think they are most likely to have some quite divergent designs.

Legion and Gwenpool are both in the mines, although Gwenpool is certainly going to be changed (she's currently a 2/1 Panther). Legion is a 5/7 who turns all locations into the one he's at, which probably fits your bill?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I'm reading a history of Marvel comics at the moment, and there's a few from the old days or from outside the normal continuum that would be wild to see.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

So if I've climbed up to rank 80-90 or so am I just going to die against fully kitted decks the moment I unlock series 2 cards and get matched up against people with those? Should I just sandbag and derank a bit before crossing the line?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Nah, things don't change too much through series 2. Just stick with whatever deck you've been playing and substitute the better cards in as you get them. I could be wrong but I think even within pools matchmaking is still based on collection level? So you get matched up against people at roughly the same progression as you, they might just have different cards.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Give me Fin Fang Foom or gently caress off, Valve!

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

i want x-statix in snap

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

fantomex please

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Dead girl, make her start the game destroyed.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Protip posted:

Did Second Dinner ever say anything official about the start of the season and the change to the drop in rank/levels? Wondering if it was a bug or if it could happen again next season. If they are trying something new I can see how trying to get higher into Infinite will have a benefit.

The change to the drop in ranks for non-infinite players was on purpose and will be the same next season. (Well, unless they change it again.)

For infinite players, it was a bug, they were supposed to drop to 73. So, barring any changes or another bug, going higher in ranks in infinite will not give you anything.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Jedit posted:

Legion and Gwenpool are both in the mines, although Gwenpool is certainly going to be changed (she's currently a 2/1 Panther). Legion is a 5/7 who turns all locations into the one he's at, which probably fits your bill?
Oh awesome, thanks. Legion sounds like it could be really amusingly disruptive. I probably would've guessed something that leant into the multiple personalities more and work like Snowguard or maybe there's 7 different versions and whichever Turn it is depends which one shows up or whatever.

I imagine Gwenpool would have some kind of 4th wall breaking meta ability similar to Agatha, like she's a 2/X where X is the number of cubes currently on the line.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Gladiator's ability should vastly increase his power when you've snapped before playing him, and make him weaker if you haven't.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Yeah I'm surprised there aren't more cards that interact with the snapping mechanic. Like how did they not give Thanos some kind of snap bonus? It's so obvious I have to assume it was meta breaking busted in testing.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
A 6/0 Mephisto that doubles your cubes if you win with him on the battlefield has been datamined iirc

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I keep getting the same ~5 cards in the series 3 rotation. I have way more than 5 to go. It’s kind of annoying.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Protip posted:

They specifically said it was unintended and fixed for the start of next season. Anyone infinite will start at 73.

The way it worked for anyone below infinite was intentional. You drop 30 from where you are and then add 3 ranks at the start of the season.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

Aramoro posted:

Dead girl, make her start the game destroyed.

Funny as that sounds there could actually be some fun in that, even if only as an America Chavez that still gives you a random turn 6 draw. Like having one less card in your deck would be super useful

MissMarple posted:

I imagine Gwenpool would have some kind of 4th wall breaking meta ability similar to Agatha, like she's a 2/X where X is the number of cubes currently on the line.

oh i really like that. Pressuring the other player to not snap or risk losing a lane, that could be fun mindgames

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GarudaPrime posted:

The way it worked for anyone below infinite was intentional. You drop 30 from where you are and then add 3 ranks at the start of the season.

Not quite. The old system was:

1) round down to a multiple of 10.
2) drop 30 ranks (minimum rank 10).

The new system is:

1) drop 30 ranks (minimum rank 10).
2) round down to a multiple of 5.
3) gain 3 ranks.

So if you finish the season at 60-64 you'll start the new season at 33, if you finish at 65-69 you'll start at 38.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Currently sitting at 96 using Sera Control and this is a loving slog. Everyone is cautious, nobody snaps unless there’s a guarantee, everybody getting sweaty to hit Infinity.

Never been here before - it’s neat.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Just got the Dan Hipp Ultron from a cache and suddenly I want to play Patriot again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Psyker posted:

Everyone is cautious, nobody snaps unless there’s a guarantee, everybody getting sweaty to hit Infinity.

Use this to your advantage. Be aggressive and bully them. Good luck! :)