Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dlqjph6bUw

Isn't the spirit of Le Mans to have rich blokes crashing cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dlqjph6bUw

Isn't the spirit of Le Mans to have rich blokes crashing cars
Credit where credit is due, Dempsey hosed off to a supporting role instead of failing at driving around the track like Fassbender.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Dempsey was somewhat decent though. I liked him at least

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HAIL SATAN

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's all looking good for Ferrari

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
That Toyota is pickled

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
who has that photo of the old dude from toyota?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
God damnit #8

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Doesn’t let up, doesn’t it? Sucks for Toyota, but looks like the Ferrari garage crowd is more concerned.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Charles Leclerc posted:

who has that photo of the old dude from toyota?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Ferrari deserves the memes but if they pull off a giant killing hypercar program in under a year and after fifty years of not competing this might be sealed as the greatest le mans in recent history

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Everyone is cursing it now and we'll end up with Cadillac winning

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

:xd:

God that was so funny when it happened 2 years in a row

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

:kiss:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:ferrari:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Omg

Edit: it lives

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Charles get the gently caress out of that garage. You're bad juju.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy: :italy:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

refleks posted:

Charles get the gently caress out of that garage. You're bad juju.

:smuggo:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Lol they prerecorded the team with a small cheer

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dml1QhzzHR4

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Man I enjoyed that

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

Lol they prerecorded the team with a small cheer

They run those clips every time someone took the lead...

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

toyota doesn't win le mans until all the other real teams leave, then when real teams come back they go right back to not winning

hmmmmmmmm

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Leave all the dirt on the car and put it in a museum

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
I just remembered how much I love sports car racing

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

toyota doesn't win le mans until all the other real teams leave, then when real teams come back they go right back to not winning

hmmmmmmmm

Finished second because Hirakawa spun it off and booped the barrier. Lost the #7 because of slow zone fuckery. They didn’t not show up at all, that’s not the case.

All of the Hypercars showed up, we’re in for quite a few good years here. Unreal.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Heck of a race.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Thoughts on the TV coverage as a first time watcher…

Night shots where half the screen is white glare from the headlights is silly.
They should rotate the timing tower more instead of leaving it on hypercars for minutes at a time.
Cutting to slow motion shots of cars going over the curbs got pretty old. And was there background music to this?
MotorSport+ was worth paying $5 for. Good quality, no ads.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

harperdc posted:

Finished second because Hirakawa spun it off and booped the barrier. Lost the #7 because of slow zone fuckery. They didn’t not show up at all, that’s not the case.

All of the Hypercars showed up, we’re in for quite a few good years here. Unreal.

yeah i know, just talkin poo poo

it rules that cadillac, porsche, toyota, ferrari and peugeot all looked very capable of winning. and we get even more hypercar manufacturers next year. this gonna be a new golden age.

i really hope i am able to go to le mans next year.

ps i am very sad dames did not at least get podium but at least they did not have total poo poo luck for once

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

smackfu posted:

Thoughts on the TV coverage as a first time watcher…

Night shots where half the screen is white glare from the headlights is silly.
They should rotate the timing tower more instead of leaving it on hypercars for minutes at a time.
Cutting to slow motion shots of cars going over the curbs got pretty old. And was there background music to this?
MotorSport+ was worth paying $5 for. Good quality, no ads.

Agreed the timing tower was pretty much useless all race long. It’ll never have Singapore F1 levels of light available.

I think Circuit de la Sarthe has the same problem as Nurburgring - there’s just no way the keep that much of track lighted all night long. The Nurburgring broadcast focused on cockpit shots at night, which helped.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

Yeah and they might regret both of those because it's not going to become any easier. The Caddy is close, Penske will fix that Porsche and Lambo and Alpine are coming.

EDIT : Oh gently caress and BMW.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I think it's nice Gio got a win...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Yeah and they might regret both of those because it's not going to become any easier. The Caddy is close, Penske will fix that Porsche and Lambo and Alpine are coming.

EDIT : Oh gently caress and BMW.

And Andretti really really wants to bring Acura/Honda over as well. It’s going to be an absolute battle royale the next few years.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

What was the story behind Peugeot dropping away? It happened while I was watching the football last night.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Thanks Ants posted:

What was the story behind Peugeot dropping away? It happened while I was watching the football last night.

binned it in a chicane

they absolutely had winning pace, which given how this week went was surprising, and awesome

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Other than multiple Porsches virtually anything that hampered a hypercar was their driver binning it.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Feel bad for the Iron Dames... 5 secs from 3rd :(

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Daytona chicane was claiming cars left and right.

I would have loved to see the NASCAR beat all the GTEs but hey, they ran a clean race apart from the gearbox going. I didn't want to say quiet because what would be a lie :v:

I missed the end but poo poo that was fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Ferrari is best when it's not Ferrari running the team