Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Space New Jersey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hey, cool. Let me see if I can edit it on my phone.

Okay, so I can edit it but I can't upload it. I don't have a computer. Can someone tell me how to do it or just add my info for me?

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jun 11, 2023

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

frajaq posted:

are the Path of Abundance people the loving Zerg/Tyranids of this setting??

Abundance is straight up just Nurgle but better looking

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Kyrosiris posted:

Finally got an energy regen rope for Silver Wolf and holy poo poo that makes a difference.

Which set did you go with?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I got my Silver Wolf up to competence levels of traces and gear so I took her for a spin in SU5-2. Hilariously, despite the entire stage having no real lightning weakness anywhere (including the last boss) my team of TB/Jing/Ting/SW strolled to a completely trivial victory on the back of SW giving lightning weakness to everything. SW is really good, goddamn.

You'll also get a few new achievements for bullying Kafka with SW's debuffs during the fight, glad they're still adding those in.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Which set did you go with?

Ended up with Pan Galactic. I figure there's no way I'm going after E2, so I wanted to hit the 100% effect hit threshold for MoC with her.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

Sirin please.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

This. Kiana too.

Sirin and Siegfried definitely feel like they're gonna be playable here especially since they probably will never be playable in HI3 but I'm guessing they won't be till we get to a major story event

Same with Kiana and Durandal

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Fu Hua when!?

There's an abundance character with the label Fenghuang in the files, so that's almost certainly her but I'm willing to bet it's based off Phoenix which is my least favorite suit of hers. I want her with the grey hair drat it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm hoping if we do get Fu Hua it's middle point between the phoenix master and Senti in terms of personality

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm hoping if we do get Fu Hua it's middle point between the phoenix master and Senti in terms of personality

Senti deserves her own separate expy :colbert:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eimi posted:

Senti deserves her own separate expy :colbert:

Given current HI3 event and Welt I'd imagine if we get Senti it'll be the real Senti who travels to this world/ends up there by accident/somehow ends up getting worshipped as a god/or is thrown in jail

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If they didn't even want Silver Wolf the universe hopping hacker to be a true crossover character, I feel like they're going to be extremely reluctant to add others beyond Welt.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Given current HI3 event and Welt I'd imagine if we get Senti it'll be the real Senti who travels to this world/ends up there by accident/somehow ends up getting worshipped as a god/or is thrown in jail

I mean I 100% thought Silver Wolf was Bronie, unlike HSR Bronya and real Bronya, they are basically the same character and Bronie already knows how to shift universes. But nope they are different. It really annoys me and puts a stopper on me speculating more fun stuff like that. It would own but I don't have much hope for it anymore.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The less cross game clutter the better IMO.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Then they should've dropped the Honkai in the games name. I mean it wouldn't stop us speculating, but it would at least signal that it's meant to be entirely separate. But literally having two characters from HI3 as themselves in the new game and keeping the Honkai in the name makes me prefer them to be more connected.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think playing it up would be a good thing cause that will lead to a better chance of us getting an event where Welt and Siegfried can pilot a mecha that hopefully combines and yes I want that please and thank you

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I think playing it up would be a good thing cause that will lead to a better chance of us getting an event where Welt and Siegfried can pilot a mecha that hopefully combines and yes I want that please and thank you

:hmmyes:

I basically want all the HI3 characters so I can collect and play with them in a game that's less bad than HI3. The gacha in that game makes this and Genshin look reasonable.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Honestly I feel like the HI3 version of characters have all been more interesting than the comparatively dull expy versions in this game, which makes it easier not to feel any particular desire to pull for them, so I'm okay with having dud characters in between original characters that are more interesting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think its fine for it to be the same series and have a bunch of callbacks but welt being the only guy whos actually From impact makes him cooler and makes it more inviting to newcomers, imo

Kale
May 14, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sirin and Siegfried definitely feel like they're gonna be playable here especially since they probably will never be playable in HI3 but I'm guessing they won't be till we get to a major story event

Same with Kiana and Durandal

One of the current rumors for HI3 is that Sirin is going to be playable sometime in the near future.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I have run out of most things to do. I need to grind Echoes of War and SU, but I'm waiting for the reset. I've opened every chest except a few from the balloon popping puzzle, and I'm only missing 1 Warp Trotter. MoC is out of reach for the remaining stars until I'm able to get enough levels for everyone, though at least I only have 1 person left to ascend. We need more energy. 180 isn't enough.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

i think its fine for it to be the same series and have a bunch of callbacks but welt being the only guy whos actually From impact makes him cooler and makes it more inviting to newcomers, imo
As a newcomer, I can confirm this.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

FractalSandwich posted:

As a newcomer, I can confirm this.

Yeah, I pretty much mentally check out of this thread when it's a bunch of "why isn't this HI3 On A Train" discussion.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I pretty much mentally check out of this thread when it's a bunch of "why isn't this HI3 On A Train" discussion.

:same: my eyes just glaze over at all this stuff

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honkai impact has some cool story stuff but idk what magic power it has that breaks peoples brains into thinking all things need to be tied directly to it forever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its just kind of a cool evangelion/xenogears riff

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I admit I might be biased, because I'm not a big fan of "multiverse"-type stories in the first place.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

FractalSandwich posted:

I admit I might be biased, because I'm not a big fan of "multiverse"-type stories in the first place.

Except for everything everywhere, right?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

All roads lead back to Sirin

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Endorph posted:

this tbh

I wanna play star rail as its own thing, not as a continuation of hi3's story because I have not played hi3 and am not interested in a game whose standalone story I'm interested in being hey guys look at this hi3 callback

Leraika fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 11, 2023

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

The writing for the side quests and goofy moments is good, but the main story feels extremely generic and soulless to me. Every conversation feels like a person takes 2-3 screens to communicate a single point. Plus the thing where the plot is moved forward based on nonsense. Someone says "the snurgle is adapting to our techniques" and someone else says "ah... so the only way to defeat The Snurgle is through electricity..." as if that conclusion is somehow related. just unending nonsequitors that drive home how unimportant the world's logic is to the story, it's all just vibes-based adventuring from point A to point B. Which is fine, but then lean into it and stop giving me boring-rear end Creative Fiction 101 expository/"dramatic" dialogue. Give me more trash can OCD, more weird poo poo in the SU, more memory bubbles that are weird and context-less. Push the vibes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the main story has a ton of jokes/vibes stuff? march and the protag's banter about the hotel, qingque existing, march getting mad at the protag for being curious about kafka, so on. its like 90% vibes idk what you're talking about

and i can sort of see how you'd call space china that but the ice planet was pretty straightforward and things flowed pretty sensibly? there was barely even any jargon

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Except for everything everywhere, right?
I dunno, I haven't seen it. But I'm not saying I absolutely despise that sort of thing. I'm sure there's some example of something I've liked that's done it. It's just a really big choice to make for your setting, and for some reason a lot of SF just slots it in there without thinking it through.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
There's at least one other character from Welt's universe in this one, based on a line from Himeko on the Express.

"When we first met Welt, he and his friend were drifting through space. The Express saved the two of them."

No mention of who that friend might be though. Game is very good about using non-gendered pronouns for Aeons (plus pom-pom) and people it doesn't want you to know about yet.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Kiavahr posted:

There's at least one other character from Welt's universe in this one, based on a line from Himeko on the Express.

"When we first met Welt, he and his friend were drifting through space. The Express saved the two of them."

No mention of who that friend might be though. Game is very good about using non-gendered pronouns for Aeons (plus pom-pom) and people it doesn't want you to know about yet.

I mean we know from the Alien Space manga for Honkai Impact 3 that this other friend was Void Archives. Which is partly why Luocha is so suspicious though from the leaks, he's another Silver Wolf in that he has absolutely nothing to do with Void Archives or Otto Apocalypse at all from what I understand?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kiavahr posted:

The Japanese version does call Pom-Pom "he" in at least one place. Unclear if that's a potential error on their part, or an overabundance of caution on the English side. (He(?) also calls himself "ore" in the first person, but that doesn't actually mean anything in anime.)

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

they gently caress up pom-poms pronouns more than once in English too

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
HI3 red yarn hater here, thank you for leaving it somewhere else

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't mind multiverse stuff in a general sense, but part of the fun of it imo is that each separate verse has to be able to stand on its own without reference to any other. Like, it's great if you can get more enjoyment out of it by comparing it to HI3 in some kind of way, like "haha it's funny how Bronya is like THIS normally, but like THIS here," but making the actual plot rely on it seems like a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Clarste posted:

I don't mind multiverse stuff in a general sense, but part of the fun of it imo is that each separate verse has to be able to stand on its own without reference to any other. Like, it's great if you can get more enjoyment out of it by comparing it to HI3 in some kind of way, like "haha it's funny how Bronya is like THIS normally, but like THIS here," but making the actual plot rely on it seems like a bad idea.

We are headed for the last game we will ever need, Genshin: Impacted by too much Star Railing