Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

DarkDobe posted:

Is there some way to give your thorns to your minions as Necro? Because I have a unique that gives me like 5k thorns and no other use for it...

I miss the old days of D2 paladins with multiple thousands of % of thorns damage.

your minions will inherit some % of your thorns automatically, and there are certain minion types that inherit more (one of the bone golems and maybe skeleton defenders I think?). You can also find "[minion type] inherits x% of your thorns" as an affix on gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

That Works posted:

A RL friend of mine is getting this and we will probably just play together some / casually. Should i bother with anything but the cheap vanilla release or should i get the 2nd tier version of the game with a season pass etc?

Just get the normal version. I've been playing with a friend, we're both pretty casual compared to most people in this thread and we've been having a blast. If you are both still playing it a ton in a few months you can buy that stuff then.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

paid money to post posted:

idk but i had like two pvp fights that felt fair when leveling up and it was really fun. now i just get one shot
i'm sure its on the very bottom of a long to do list but it would be cool to see pvp expanded somehow

I still remember playing the D3 arenas at Blizzcon with some goons and how it was absurdly fun. Then they scrapped the mode entirely because...???

PvP in D4 is atrocious and I don't even know why they bothered.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Lakbay posted:

This might be a PS4 issue but when I first summon my mount I have to let it stop completely otherwise it'll walk very slowly, I assume it has something to do with controllers

This happens to me on PC regardless of whether I use m&kb or controller and it's driving me nuts. Mounts are so janky.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Just get the normal version. I've been playing with a friend, we're both pretty casual compared to most people in this thread and we've been having a blast. If you are both still playing it a ton in a few months you can buy that stuff then.

thanks!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Fuligin posted:

Hmm any tips for point distribution while levelling a druid? Im only like lvl 15 or 16 but i feel like i kill things v slow and its tempting me to reroll as rogue

After my HC 52 died I'm playing with builds. This one seems best. If you can get these aspects, you'll melt fools and be super tanky - start with Changelings Debt and put it on an ammy for that 50% bonus. I do the off meta Maul because switching to werebear often is required for the poison build to really click. Bonus that Skinwalkers basically doubles your health since you weave between forms so quickly! Natural Fortitude helps a little later too.

Note I gave you more than 15 skill points. I assume you can get some from renown, especially as you farm the aspects.

https://d4builds.gg/builds/4b3d0e4c-b1bf-4fad-b477-7191d05a68d7/

E: quick nuance - skill sequencing matters. It's meditative, rhythmic, but some people find that boring or mechanical. I don't :)

Shred to gapclose (only 1st hit) ➜ Rabies ➜ Lclick to consume it ➜ Vine creeper ➜ Lclick to consume it. That's all packs and most elites, bosses will need some Shreds when you're waiting on CDs and some Trample for CC and spirit regen

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jun 11, 2023

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DarkDobe posted:

Is there some way to give your thorns to your minions as Necro? Because I have a unique that gives me like 5k thorns and no other use for it...

I miss the old days of D2 paladins with multiple thousands of % of thorns damage.

Your thorns are shared to your minions natively at like a 30% I think. Book of the dead has things for minions where more of your thorns are shared to them

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

BrianBoitano posted:

After my HC 52 died I'm playing with builds. This one seems best. If you can get these aspects, you'll melt fools and be super tanky - start with Changelings Debt and put it on an ammy for that 50% bonus. I do the off meta Maul because switching to werebear often is required for the poison build to really click. Bonus that Skinwalkers basically doubles your health since you weave between forms so quickly! Natural Fortitude helps a little later too.

Note I gave you more than 15 skill points. I assume you can get some from renown, especially as you farm the aspects.

https://d4builds.gg/builds/4b3d0e4c-b1bf-4fad-b477-7191d05a68d7/

Much obliged!

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Have you tried lighting incense and praying to the Omnissiah?
Please work out...

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Fuligin posted:

Much obliged!

Oops, I was too slow on the edit. I'll add it here too so you don't miss it

quick nuance - skill sequencing matters. It's meditative, rhythmic, but some people find that boring or mechanical. I don't :)

Shred to gapclose (only 1st hit) ➜ Rabies ➜ Lclick to consume it ➜ Vine creeper ➜ Lclick to consume it. That's all packs and most elites, bosses will need some Shreds when you're waiting on CDs and some Trample for CC and spirit regen.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MrDesaude posted:

Please work out...

I’m too lazy. I’ll just stick to being fat.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Applied to join ABEL - in-game name is VileTirade

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Playing online on an alt with a friend last night and kept accidentally flexing because I'm used to getting on my horse to go anywhere so it was a constant game of "oh, I'm sorry, I forgot you have to walk."

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm googling and finding nothing, but is it possible to play this single player?

As in, "I don't want to see assholes running around in town between the game shuffling me to my own instanced experience" single player like Immortal.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

moths posted:

I'm googling and finding nothing, but is it possible to play this single player?

As in, "I don't want to see assholes running around in town between the game shuffling me to my own instanced experience" single player like Immortal.

I don't think there is a true "offline" mode but the non-party member players don't really do anything.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ugh. Ok that's all I need to know, thanks.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

For context, the end game is all about dungeons and dungeons are all solo instances.

Rando assholes will be traveling and helltide/world boss events only and a minority of your time by end game.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Was wondering why the game looks so bad and noticed I can only pick low or medium for textures. I did tick to download the high texture pack during the download though, any idea why it's not showing?

CuddleCryptid posted:

I don't think there is a true "offline" mode but the non-party member players don't really do anything.

Don't do anything expect lag the game/make me crash out half the time I port back into town. :argh:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Dumb n00b question (I am new to the Diablo series and just got 4): If I have a necromancer, how do weapons work? Two handed weapons have more DPS, but if I put on a one-handed weapon and another in the other slot that add up to more DPS, is that better? Or do they even matter for me other than the bonuses they give?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It’s funny to me that you can pvp on a HC character because I assume dying to a player ends that character. The pvp is rocket tag so I can’t imagine anyone willingly entering the fields of hatred in HC.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Lumpy posted:

Dumb n00b question (I am new to the Diablo series and just got 4): If I have a necromancer, how do weapons work? Two handed weapons have more DPS, but if I put on a one-handed weapon and another in the other slot that add up to more DPS, is that better? Or do they even matter for me other than the bonuses they give?

There's an offense stat in the inventory screen that answers your question with a single number value

This game is the rare arpg most poo poo is explained in game or on the items or whatever.

And slower= bigger single hits if you didn't realize that.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Hey, Blizzard, what if stacked Necro blight didn't turn into an impenetrable black fog?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

satanic splash-back posted:

There's an offense stat in the inventory screen that answers your question with a single number value

This game is the rare arpg most poo poo is explained in game or on the items or whatever.

And slower= bigger single hits if you didn't realize that.

Is that number "Attack Power"?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Blizz I’m doing a dungeon solo please stop disconnecting me

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

my friend bamboozled me into buying this game by saying it was better than d3 and was more like a mix of d2 and d3 with a dash of poe, so i figured i'd post my thoughts to him here

quote:

idk i'm not really vibing with d4 so much. as a melee rogue i have a grand total of five skills to choose from that don't have a cooldown, two of which require 25-30% of a slowly regenning resource which is basically just a cooldown with extra steps. the moment-to-moment gameplay and the player decisions feel exactly like d3 to me. not really sure what about it is anything like d2 or poe. i'm only lv 17 so maybe things open up more but for now the entire game is spamming one of the three core skills i chose from and waiting for cooldowns. also the gearing so far amounts to looking for green number and right click if so otherwise trash. i'll keep playing because i spent the money and hopefully things open up more, but for now it feels completely on rails and like i havent actually made a single impactful decision

this game has some mmo-rear end gameplay. adding cooldowns to everything is by far the worst way to balance your skills, it's so loving braindead.

am i completely off base here? does the game stop being cooldown management at some point? because honestly if a skill in an arpg has a cooldown greater than 5 seconds it might as well not even exist to me. oh and i assume the gearing gets better, because right now i feel like i'm in kindergarten the way items are presented to me

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
idk what to tell ya I am constantly throwing bone spears and exploding corpses at pixel pulls

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

Hooplah posted:

my friend bamboozled me into buying this game by saying it was better than d3 and was more like a mix of d2 and d3 with a dash of poe, so i figured i'd post my thoughts to him here

this game has some mmo-rear end gameplay. adding cooldowns to everything is by far the worst way to balance your skills, it's so loving braindead.

am i completely off base here? does the game stop being cooldown management at some point? because honestly if a skill in an arpg has a cooldown greater than 5 seconds it might as well not even exist to me. oh and i assume the gearing gets better, because right now i feel like i'm in kindergarten the way items are presented to me

I think this is heavily dependent on class/build/available apects or uniques. I'm a bone spear/corpse explode necro and I have one skill on a cooldown that is an oh poo poo button. Otherwise I am mostly deleting everything as quick as it comes at me, I found a unique that turns my corpse explosions into exploding skellies that run at enemies and blow up. I'm enjoying this much more than anything I did in D3 (the loving story is so dogshit bad that it constantly made me want to turn the game off, even in the beta), on par with D2. I think one of the downfalls with D4 is you need to fiddle with your build and its possible to create some unfun combinations, that's on blizzard.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Hooplah posted:

I think the game is profoundly worse than any other standard Diablo, including Diablo 3 1.0. My complaint is not that some skills have longer cooldowns, but I do feel somewhat astonished that everyone rates the game so highly, when I am bouncing off D4 pretty hard as an enjoyer of D1, D2, and D3.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 11, 2023

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I am trying my best and try to enjoy the game, but it really, really goes out of its way to be as annoying as possible.

Newest addition:
Why do I get completely useless lvl 44 legendary items from the whispering tree reward cache at level 58?
Really makes it feel worth the effort. 👍

Ferrin
Sep 4, 2012

probably not

sw0cb posted:

I found a unique that turns my corpse explosions into exploding skellies that run at enemies and blow up.

I just found this too and it's fantastic. I kind of just stand there and spam corpse explosion and bone spear and everything melts.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Lumpy posted:

Yeah, on the left side of the inventory screen.

Doesn't account for things like 2H is better for big single hits though, which depends a lot on your skill choice.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mcbexx posted:

I am trying my best and try to enjoy the game, but it really, really goes out of its way to be as annoying as possible.

Newest addition:
Why do I get completely useless lvl 44 legendary items from the whispering tree reward cache at level 58?
Really makes it feel worth the effort. 👍

If the aspect roll is any good you can extract and slam it on a good piece. Legendary items are just aspect rolls that’s all you care about.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 11, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

Playing online on an alt with a friend last night and kept accidentally flexing because I'm used to getting on my horse to go anywhere so it was a constant game of "oh, I'm sorry, I forgot you have to walk."

I noticed my rogue walk at like 90% of the speed of my buddies horse.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

DarkDobe posted:

Minions inherit stats at 30% of your rate, by default, per a tooltip I saw. This is definitely true for thorns as a few of the minion upgrades increase their thorns contribution from 30% to 40% or 50% depending on the upgrade. The tooltip called out damage bonuses as being inherited, so I suspect there's some potentially absurd synergies with like bonus shadow damage on mages or bonus physical damage on a blood build.

I'm not sure how well thorns scales up to higher levels, but there was definitely some good contribution at lower levels on my necro. Hell, there's even a thorns node on the skill tree that does seem to scale up with level, although I'm not sure at what rate.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

the panacea posted:

How the gently caress is anyone supposed to be able to play multiple classes and potentially multiple builds with only 4 stash tabs?

They are 1000% going to sell stash tabs at season launch.

i dont know either, ive got 3 tabs nearly full and aspect/legendary management is a headache for one character. i feel like the best way to fix it is to modify the codex to pull all your extractions into so they don't actually take up inventory space. then you could select an aspect and see a list of your rolls to choose from

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yeah 4 tabs is crazy. I have 3 tabs of legendaries and 1 for gems. They are almost all full and I'm only 61 with one character. I mean yeah I need to clean up the aspects but come on. Hate to compare it to say, Last Epoch, but what a difference.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lumpy posted:

It's this number. The weapon damage just affects skill damage. Attack speed is for if you are actually swinging your weapon at enemies. Which might matter for Reap and Sever idk. Actually I think that must be where your attack speed from everything comes from.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 11, 2023

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Hooplah posted:

No not really. It's a lot like d3 in the sense that endgame gearing consists of finding better-rolled versions of legendary powers or uniques that you already have, except in this case you can get a guaranteed minimum roll of most of your legendary powers just by doing a dungeon. The renown stuff feels tacked on to inflate how much gameplay is actually there. And yeah, most specs' combat is cool down and generator/spender based. It's ultimately a pretty shallow game.

That being said, it is in a way better starting state than d3 was. The game does feel pretty good to play and I think they have the base for a great game, hopefully they flesh it out over time with better balancing, itemization, QOL features, and activities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

some complaints people have are so funny.

Oh no, a monster or quest dropped a low level item you couldn’t use once? Welcome to the entire genre for several decades. Idk what you were expecting.