Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

I'm not sure what I would want from Zelda Lego. It's either a simplified playset with minifigs, which I'm not really interested in. Or a bigger set of like the deku tree or temple of time or Hyrule castle or something. A brick built hylian shield and master sword would be neat though.

theres some neat knockoffs I found on amazon the other day. I build the Guardian on a whim and liked it so much I got the master sword one laying around waiting to be built

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Build...ps%2C101&sr=8-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The monkey paw would curl and the Zelda merch would be based in botw or tok. Two games I'd like to delete

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
There are some cool brickheadz style LoZ sets out there, ironically none of Zelda herself but I picked up OoT Link, BotW Link, and Kass for like ~$45 a month or so ago. There' some pretty good MOC Mario and Luigi breakheadz out there too but I don't wanna spend like $90 on parts.... yet.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Lego Bolson construction sign guy set. Just a fig with a bowl cut and a billion different poorly built signs.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

HootTheOwl posted:

The monkey paw would curl and the Zelda merch would be based in botw or tok. Two games I'd like to delete
no idea why intendo would endorse creating sets for these two huge flops

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Brick-built Game Boy with Link’s Awakening, the best Legend of Zelda game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Blue Moonlight posted:

Brick-built Game Boy with Link’s Awakening, the 6th best Legend of Zelda game.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sivart13 posted:

no idea why intendo would endorse creating sets for these two huge flops

They call me the Zoni Killer, because when get in the zone I die

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Zelda sets but it's Friends figs.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Not after seeing that awful captain america shield.

Also, for the people saying they want to buy the mustang. Even if you get double vip, which is 10% back at a later date, just search offerup, facebook, craigslist and ebay. You should be able to get it for $125 or so. Right now you can easily get it for $135 on ebay, which is 20% off right now.

Unless a set is LEGO exclusive, you should pretty much never buy it from them as prices are better elsewhere.

20% off for a pre-owned set doesn't sound that great for all the headaches of putting up with buying second hand, and probably having to pay for shipping, but that's me.

Unless it's 20% off for an unopened, in which case, what's going on there?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

mutata posted:

Zelda sets but it's Friends figs.

100% confirmed by 41740 - Aliya's Apartment

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Oxyclean posted:

20% off for a pre-owned set doesn't sound that great for all the headaches of putting up with buying second hand, and probably having to pay for shipping, but that's me.

Unless it's 20% off for an unopened, in which case, what's going on there?

New. It's not a LEGO exclusive so they can't artificially keep the price high.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Lizard Combatant posted:

It did not. It was too wide and came on a single straight of brick built track

Lego corp should really offer some infinirail for their expensive models; their normal tracks are garbage anyways.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If the orient runs on the rails I'd get it. Maybe that's why it's so expensive, the powered functions

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Learned my lesson the hard way about GWP being “while supplies last”; added the A-Frame to my cart last night and saw both the Summer Fun VIP and Pirate playground GWP sets in my cart; went back this morning to check out and the pirate set was gone.

Should have been a bit faster during 2x VIP weekend!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm honestly very surprised Lego Zelda has not happened yet. It's crazy they have this Nintendo crossover going and have stuck to nothing but mario. They could honestly release BOTW/TOTK and the sets wouldn't even have to be that good and people would still be falling over themselves to buy them. I probably wouldn't be able to resist.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I'm honestly very surprised Lego Zelda has not happened yet. It's crazy they have this Nintendo crossover going and have stuck to nothing but mario. They could honestly release BOTW/TOTK and the sets wouldn't even have to be that good and people would still be falling over themselves to buy them. I probably wouldn't be able to resist.

TotK sets could even have the added bonus of brick-built Zonai components and have little green 'glue' pieces to tie everything together.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 10, 2023

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
"bonus"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Here's a new mustang for under $125 shipped:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/0b56cca4-7324-3110-8aba-68cf05763354?q=lego+10265

Not hard to blow LEGO's price out the window.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Built for a challenge on a LEGO car building Discord server, where the prompt was to replicate a Hot Wheels original design in the 8-wide Speed Champs scale. I chose one called "Time Attaxi":

I might have done some things differently if given more time, but this was a 3 week contest and I spent 2 of 'em waiting for parts to arrive. Still, I'm very pleased with it! I'm glad I got the sun shade looking right, and I'm really overjoyed with the intercooler, which uses crowbars for the pipes. The interior details are all present in the real car's interior mold, by the way - the phone on the back seat, the tissues in the window, and the racing seat for the (inexplicably left side) driver.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Weird cars best cars.

Love the interior.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
That car looks sick as always

In semi car related news I finally finished the DeLorean while my buddy started building his Bowser. First of all the way the rear „windows“ get attached feels genius and second of all the way the doors just fall down smoothly from their own weight is awesome. But what’s really neat is how you can just plop Bowser down (only got the torso/legs and part of the head done) and the legs will settle on their own. Really looks like picking up a toddler.

Joint building is great, seeing sets outside of my area of interest is cool and it’s a cool activity with friends in general. Love it. We keep talking about maybe doing the titanic together, that should be fun. What’s kind of annoying is transporting the sets back and forth but I think a bunch of bubble wrap before tossing it in the backpack did the trick for the DeLorean.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Carbohydrates posted:

Built for a challenge on a LEGO car building Discord server, where the prompt was to replicate a Hot Wheels original design in the 8-wide Speed Champs scale. I chose one called "Time Attaxi":

I might have done some things differently if given more time, but this was a 3 week contest and I spent 2 of 'em waiting for parts to arrive. Still, I'm very pleased with it! I'm glad I got the sun shade looking right, and I'm really overjoyed with the intercooler, which uses crowbars for the pipes. The interior details are all present in the real car's interior mold, by the way - the phone on the back seat, the tissues in the window, and the racing seat for the (inexplicably left side) driver.

Oh god the tissue box. That's fuckin' great.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
pac man trip report

it really is nostalgia crystal meth

the screen mechanism is great and the rest of the build is simple but elegant

i dont hate the top sculpture in the slightest

i think id be interested in eventually modding it into a full standup instead of a bartop

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Saw this on Reddit: a B-model for the UCS Hulkbuster that is... a better UCS Hulkbuster. Apparently it is quite stable and still fits the smaller Iron Man figure inside like the original. It's just better! What a flex of a B-model.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Uhhh man the Lego designer should be embarrassed. I mean that was already the case, but having someone else one up you with the same parts by that much, oof.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Torso is way too short and fat on the B. Lego is better from the nips downs, B is better from the nips up.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The arms and legs are so much better tho

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Carbohydrates posted:

Saw this on Reddit: a B-model for the UCS Hulkbuster that is... a better UCS Hulkbuster. Apparently it is quite stable and still fits the smaller Iron Man figure inside like the original. It's just better! What a flex of a B-model.

loving woah. It's actually hard to believe it's the same piece inventory. The original looks like an older and incomplete iteration, not unlike the evolution of Voltrons they show in that set's manual.

I think the Lego designer should be forced to post a video of him building the B-model.

bird with big dick posted:

Torso is way too short and fat on the B. Lego is better from the nips downs, B is better from the nips up.

My good man what bad drugs are you on?

Habibi fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 11, 2023

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I stand by my statement

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Even if it’s a little wide it still just looks way better. That b model is a night and day improvement

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The abs and chest forming a curve that leads your eyes to the arc reactor was an egregious thing to mess up.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That b model looks about ten thousand times better, that’s crazy

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

I stand by my statement

I'm sorry for your blindness

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

I stand by my statement

Can't wrap my mind around thinking the official version does any aspect of this better. 🤷🏻‍♂️

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Habibi posted:

Can't wrap my mind around thinking the official version does any aspect of this better. 🤷🏻‍♂️

When I first looked at that photo, I thought the official version (the "before") was the one on the left. So I kinda agreed until I clicked through and watched the guy's video.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Carbohydrates posted:

:laffo: that's such an amazing flex on the original design.

Went from 40% accurate to above 90%.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

God drat that's an impressive B model. Thank god they got rid of the loaded diaper. Didn't skip leg day, head placement doesn't look deformed either!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Its got cankles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

If that has cankles than the original set always skips every leg day.