Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

My Spirit Otter posted:

I cannot seem to parse the meaning of this

Cargo 200 = Russian military slang for a dead person. 300 = injured. Now they also have 500, which stands for refuseniks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

zone posted:

Cargo 200 = Russian military slang for a dead person. 300 = injured. Now they also have 500, which stands for refuseniks.

ty

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

solution

china goes to war with india

russia supports china

china supports russia

india supports russia

*indian gru double takes*

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

As a point of reference, American medical journal still say that minorities feel less pain than white people. So in a roundabout way, the Nazis were inspired by our racial hierarchy to cause the holocaust, and indirectly Russia is citing American ratio ideology to justify their own genocide.

Very strange and hosed up synchronicities

Also it is kind of interesting that this is almost pro Ukrainian and statements I mean fighting against the undead's pretty loving difficult. Maybe they should just give up

zone
Dec 6, 2016

What the op meant in his original statement, by the way, was that the refrigerated train cars were for storing dead Russian soldiers in, up to 500 of them.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Apologies.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1667859714376441858
We are winning so hard nobody wants to be friends with us any more. We remain master strategists. - Russian leadership, maybe

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

They're winning so hard that they sound like suicidal doomsday cult.

In reality most of their own fight because of financial reasons.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1667888115464253441
OOF

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

All my friends are winning with me, just out of frame

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/mexic0la_/status/1667707322158948354

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1667859714376441858
We are winning so hard nobody wants to be friends with us any more. We remain master strategists. - Russian leadership, maybe

I uhh.. wouldn't put too much stock in that. I just joined the petition to eliminate refuse collection which is currently at 214k in favour and 60 against.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Well this is interesting. The RU Ministry of Defense plans to destroy Wagner I think, they made a policy change starting from July 1 all volunteer units will be required to sign contracts with the Russian Armed Forces. Seems the authorities are tired of Prigozhin's criticism:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1667829636057772034?s=20

zone posted:

What the op meant in his original statement, by the way, was that the refrigerated train cars were for storing dead Russian soldiers in, up to 500 of them.

Thanks for the assist

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 11, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Holy poo poo. There are hundreds of drowned people on the Russian side of kherson

A doctor reportedly saw 90+ bodies floating In oleshki.

Bad poo poo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1667867192656896001?s=20

"war good"

Sprenk
May 8, 2005

(not fat)

Reminds me of that famous quote by Jesus, "Live by the sword, go to heaven"

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Literal Warhammer 40k poo poo

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Sprenk posted:

Reminds me of that famous quote by Jesus, "Live by the sword, go to heaven"

are you sure you werent thinking "DEUS VULT"

This dude is a badass. His name is Zhenya Staffovych and he fights with a prosthesis after being badly wounded near Maryinka in July 2014. Part of his leg was amptuated and given little chance to survive, but he pulled through and was provided a modern western prosthetic leg to replace his poor quality soviet-made one.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1667806655948414976
Did you soak your brain in vodka for too long? My brother in christ, there won't be a modern Russian land army remaining by the second anniversary of the war.

I've been seeing this sentiment on random tankie twitter in the past week. The imminent failure of the counteroffensive and liquidation of NATO's remaining military strength will give Russia both the opportunity to reduce West Ukraine to a rump state as well as demonstrating the necessity of it, you see.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Hey uh, anyone else notice that Japanese flag in the background? That wasn't there before. Wonder what that signifies.

Also, don't know about you all, but Budanov looking at me like that creeps me the gently caress out lol

Also, lol at this on the train to Kyiv

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 11, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/11/europe/ukraine-life-under-russian-occupation-melitopol-intl-cmd/index.html

This is worth a doublepost for so it doesn't get lost. This is a fantastic article written by Ukrainians in occupied Melitopol about life there during the occupation. I'll quote out some excerpts as I read:

quote:

For partisans, the situation here is terrible. For those of us who rejected Russian passports and are now known as “the unreliable,” the situation is terrible. But if you go to the market, you wouldn’t think that anything is going on.

The Russians are trying to force everyone here to get Russian passports. It’s easier to manipulate people when they have Russian citizenship. Not getting the passports makes our life very difficult. They are refusing to give us access to hospitals and so on. We are a family of farmers and we are losing our land because we don’t have any Russian documents.

quote:

The people who remained in Melitopol can be divided into several categories. There are those who are basically satisfied with the current pro-Russian government. There are those who don’t care and who would support whoever gives them more money in cash payments.

Those who stayed mostly support the pro-Russian government. They are convinced that it is here to stay.

quote:

Our neighbor turned us in for supporting Ukraine, but we are not being touched, at least not yet. My neighbor works for the new government and she knows that we actively opposed Russia during the first phase of the war.

quote:

Of course, this is just what the ordinary soldiers in the city are saying, but there is no longer that victorious mood. I feel that something is going to happen here soon. Ukrainian hryvnias are being bought up in the market, and farmers are refusing to sell their products, because they are waiting to give it to Ukraine. And all the neighbors who are in favor of Russia have stopped communicating with us, because they are no longer sure that Russia will stay here forever and are afraid to talk.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Tai posted:

or act like that they are hyper intelligent becaause they shift F7 every adjective word in a paragraph and think they are playing 5D chess with everyone.

Oh god, this is it for me. I remember every leftist space taken over by tankies who attributed a political theory to every bird-brained lunatic who ever handed out a pamphlet.

"Well, I used to exptrapolate myself wherein as a Fourth Pillar Stevejohnsonian Cromulationist, but I later epiphanized wherein that Steve Johnson of the Des Moine People's Tankfucker Initiative wherein epitomized more of a Third Stalinist Pillar Movement of Tanksucker Revunctionism wherein I believed that any marriage of man to armored vehicle, but I later alligned myself more as a Dave Wilsonian Reverse Armor Conjoinist wherein state inter-armor marriages would be approved by a council wherein"

I wish I was exaggerating, but I once saw a multi-page serious consideration of "Fourth International Posadism" that of course devolved into US-bashing about hiding UFOs in an attempt to undermine Juan Posadas.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
skabayeva has it figured out everyone

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Historically Russia and china have always been friends.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/Militarylandnet/status/1667914415629279233

Neskuchne liberated. It's just north of Blahodatne where we've seen footage earlier.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

China will help Russia guard the Vladivostok homefront

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

beer_war posted:

Neskuchne liberated.
"A nothing settlement of a few melon farmers. At what cost? Nearly all the NATO Wunderwaffen and thousands of casualties. And they're not even at our primary defensive line. Plus, their melons don't even taste good."

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

China will help Russia guard the Vladivostok Haishenwai homefront

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Ah yea, the famous Sino-Soviet Mutual Appreciation.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

How much progress has Ukraine made in 5 days that Russia couldn't manage to take a single city in a loving year lmao

Ukraine should really just Love Peace and give up half their country to an army they are routing though

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 11, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TulliusCicero posted:

How much progrss has Ukraine made in 5 days that Russia couldn't manage to take a single city in a loving year lmao

Ukraine should really just Love Peace and give up half their country to an army they are routing though

Well, they lost a tank so any progress is for naught, I'm afraid. Them's the rules

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

Well, they lost a tank so any progress is for naught, I'm afraid. Them's the rules

Actually you will find that Russia Knows Loss so their Official Military Doctrine is to get obliterated to the point where they are returning fire from walls constructed out of their own dead soldiers and this means they win

Ukraine has no such doctrine so losing a tank is devastating whereas Russia can lose thousands and not even notice

losses mean so little to Russia they decided the game was unfair and started pulling out their ancestral tanks to give Ukraine a more sporting defeat. All of these territorial gains Ukraine is making is just a never ending series of traps Russia is laying to bait them into killboxes

Checkmate

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/ItsArtoir/status/1667918987470962689
:thunkin:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Ulf posted:

Ah yea, the famous Sino-Soviet Mutual Appreciation.

Lmao

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I think that if China said gently caress IT and invaded Russia, the whole world would step aside.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

anonumos posted:

I think that if China said gently caress IT and invaded Russia, the whole world would step aside.

Lmao just thinking about how the tankies would resolve that one

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

Lmao just thinking about how the tankies would resolve that one

China's just helping Russia by looking after some of their land so they can focus more on Ukraine.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
China should rename more cities on the Russian/Chinese border to Historically Accurate And Correct Chinese names IMO

And then when nobody is looking do it again 5KM deeper past the border into Russian territory and repeat every other year

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

As a point of reference, American medical journal still say that minorities feel less pain than white people.

No, they don't. They say the exact opposite - that there is an erroneous perception that blacks experience less pain.

https://www.aamc.org/news/how-we-fail-black-patients-pain

Just google "racial bias pain management"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Oh god, this is it for me. I remember every leftist space taken over by tankies who attributed a political theory to every bird-brained lunatic who ever handed out a pamphlet.

"Well, I used to exptrapolate myself wherein as a Fourth Pillar Stevejohnsonian Cromulationist, but I later epiphanized wherein that Steve Johnson of the Des Moine People's Tankfucker Initiative wherein epitomized more of a Third Stalinist Pillar Movement of Tanksucker Revunctionism wherein I believed that any marriage of man to armored vehicle, but I later alligned myself more as a Dave Wilsonian Reverse Armor Conjoinist wherein state inter-armor marriages would be approved by a council wherein"

I wish I was exaggerating, but I once saw a multi-page serious consideration of "Fourth International Posadism" that of course devolved into US-bashing about hiding UFOs in an attempt to undermine Juan Posadas.

"Posadism attempts to introduce elements of Ufology into Marxist thought. Arguing that only communism can allow the development of interplanetary travel, they concluded that visiting aliens from other planets must live in highly advanced communist societies and are bound to help Earth-based communists with bringing about the world revolution. "

Well, that was a very entertaining Wikipedia lookup.