Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Also if you're getting your tropical weather information from Reddit lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

arctic sea ice forums are the only weather service i need

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

long term forecast is "sooner" "faster" and "doom," :hmmyes:

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
After weeks of clear skies and record temperatures it's cool and raining here. Cancel emergency, the fire cutting off the highway to the west coast of Vancouver Island should be out shortly. It's a good rain - steady but gentle so it's got time to soak into the soil but heavy enough it took two towels to dry the dogs after the early morning patrol. We don't have a rain gauge so we use towels/dog to estimate precipitation.

Otoh my wife is working at a charity golf tournament today. :lol:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Spaced God posted:

Isn't there some reddit protest bc they're doing Twitter style API shenanigans

yeah a big chunk of the website is going "dark" in protest

i very rarely visit reddit anymore but I was checking out a dumb post on r/legaladvice and there was an announcement about it

Couple of articles are around comparing this to the collapse of Digg

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Hexigrammus posted:

After weeks of clear skies and record temperatures it's cool and raining here. Cancel emergency, the fire cutting off the highway to the west coast of Vancouver Island should be out shortly. It's a good rain - steady but gentle so it's got time to soak into the soil but heavy enough it took two towels to dry the dogs after the early morning patrol. We don't have a rain gauge so we use towels/dog to estimate precipitation.

Otoh my wife is working at a charity golf tournament today. :lol:

See, everything always works out for itself

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Bane had a lotta good ideas

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

my cat is norris posted:

Couple of articles are around comparing this to the collapse of Digg

Digg collapsed because everyone left it for Reddit. Where are Reddit posters supposed to go? Slashdot?

It will probably turn out like Twitter. Everyone will grumble about how bad it’s become but they’ll keep posting.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

sounds familiar

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Weembles posted:

Digg collapsed because everyone left it for Reddit. Where are Reddit posters supposed to go? Slashdot?

They're all coming back here. Any day now

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
its in the 80s in the the UK and people are keeling over

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1667568403073171458

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Floor is lava posted:

Lol at nobody stopping to help him, what a garbage society

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They're going to be drug off and executed

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

sleep with the vicious posted:

He's the idiot that locked his knees tbf

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ok first the uk goons said no you dont understand our homes and roads arent made for 80 degrees but now their actual bodies are falling over

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

500excf type r posted:

He's the idiot that locked his knees tbf

you're a loving weirdo

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Rubellavator posted:

you're a loving weirdo

He’s right

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

stop doing the internet sociopath bit

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Rubellavator posted:

Stop being a joyless scold

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Rubellavator posted:

It happens in every single large military formation because people are dumb and lock their knees. They're professional soldiers that are well ordered and disciplined, why would they break ranks without being ordered to?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

sleep with the vicious posted:

I got curious about this and looked up some footage on youtube.

It seems the send stretchers out onto the field to collect them. The trombonist was far from the first one down so they might have been slower than normal in getting him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFI5AfdYTdw&t=3689s

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rubellavator posted:

:razz:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

ok first the uk goons said no you dont understand our homes and roads arent made for 80 degrees but now their actual bodies are falling over

I saw a British person in 31C weather once. They literally just melted, then quickly evaporated away.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Nobody really likes trombones

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I mean I live in the northeast and no one's house had Central air. Nowadays pretty much everyone includes it into a furnace replacement because the days of cooling off in the breeze outside on the back deck / porch / patio are kind of over.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

tater_salad posted:

I mean I live in the northeast and no one's house had Central air. Nowadays pretty much everyone includes it into a furnace replacement because the days of cooling off in the breeze outside on the back deck / porch / patio are kind of over.

Same with the pac NW. when I moved out here 15 or so years ago it was pretty rare to see ac in most houses or apartments but it’s become pretty standard to the point the state passed a law to prevent landlords from banning window units

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

they should pass a state law banning landlords

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

soon every part of earth will be a 4 season climate like ny but the 100 degree temp range of the year will not necessarily be from 0-100 as it currently is for ny

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

dr_rat posted:

I saw a British person in 31C weather once. They literally just melted, then quickly evaporated away.

global warming...good?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Floor is lava posted:

Perfect comedic timing like it's a bit.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
can't wait for a combination hurricane + wildfire inundation.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

can't wait for a combination hurricane + wildfire inundation.

Smokicane!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

80 degrees? Pfffft

https://twitter.com/NWSSanAntonio/status/1668573931203186689

I would like to see then deal with this kind of heat :smug:

we can't handle this kind of heat either. It's supposed to get even hotter Thursday and Friday so yiiiikes. Way too early for this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NeonPunk posted:

just wait

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

NeonPunk posted:

80 degrees? Pfffft

https://twitter.com/NWSSanAntonio/status/1668573931203186689

we can't handle this kind of heat either. It's supposed to get even hotter Thursday and Friday so yiiiikes. Way too early for this

laredo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

humidity numbers look good.

ny is gonna get that heat eventually but with 70% wet air cause its a drat armpit

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

jesus this seems so bad. how can people still be in denial about climate anything with this happening. :psyduck:

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

my cat is norris posted:

jesus this seems so bad. how can people still be in denial about climate anything with this happening. :psyduck:

The foundational belief of American liberalism is that consequences are fake and that you can never be held to account for your actions. To admit otherwise would be catastrophic so reality must be wrong.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Real hurthling! posted:

humidity numbers look good.

ny is gonna get that heat eventually but with 70% wet air cause its a drat armpit

those are chances of rain, humidity will be 40-50%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art