Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

really more than what he did the fact that vic is getting shut out entirely is because he decided to turn around and sue funimation about it. nobody wants to hire a guy who does nothing but invite drama, controversy, and lawsuits

theres other VAs who have also had credible accusations against them who still get work, mignogna just made the mistake of making trouble instead of keeping his head down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nah you desperately want it to be bad let’s be real here.

The 30 seconds trailer wasn’t even necessary you already made up your mind the second you heard it existed

ok, whatever you say man

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, they showed the trailer at the Xbox thing, that was, in fact, the full version. I hope they drop more info soon because I don't understand them being cagey with details, the game already came out

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Endorph posted:

really more than what he did the fact that vic is getting shut out entirely is because he decided to turn around and sue funimation about it. nobody wants to hire a guy who does nothing but invite drama, controversy, and lawsuits

theres other VAs who have also had credible accusations against them who still get work, mignogna just made the mistake of making trouble instead of keeping his head down

I was gonna say I thought Chris Niosi was shut out after breaking NDA but nope, still doing work, just nothing I recognize.

Doesn't seem like Hellena Taylor's done anything though since her big fiasco re: Bayonetta 3.

Also I just remembered that DC Douglas still gets work despite being a sex pest, gross.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Neeksy posted:

Its visual style isn't all that charming, there's ways to stylize them that don't feel like... that.

I don't dig the visual style but it's a strategy game using a familiar IP. I'm a giant sucker.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

Anyway, they showed the trailer at the Xbox thing, that was, in fact, the full version. I hope they drop more info soon because I don't understand them being cagey with details, the game already came out

This is genuinely kind of confusing. No, the game didn't come out. An older version of the game came out. This is a new version which will presumably have changes and modifications which are introduced over time as part of marketing. This is what happens with every remake that is an actual remake.

Remakes are not the exact same game in every way shape and form except with new graphics. Even something that is insanely faithful like Dead Space 2023 changes a whole lot both under the hood and in general level design and structure. The game doesn't come out for like a year and was just announced.

For all we know the game is going full FF7R and it will be revealed it features Elizabeth time-traveling to try to redo the plot so the protagonist doesn't die at the end! (I have like zero faith they'll stick to their guns and not include a Happy True Ending this time.)

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://p3re.jp/en/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

This is genuinely kind of confusing. No, the game didn't come out. An older version of the game came out. This is a new version which will presumably have changes and modifications which are introduced over time as part of marketing. This is what happens with every remake that is an actual remake.

Remakes are not the exact same game in every way shape and form except with new graphics. Even something that is insanely faithful like Dead Space 2023 changes a whole lot both under the hood and in general level design and structure. The game doesn't come out for like a year and was just announced.

That's not what I mean. I'm confused as to why they're only showing like, extremely early game stuff like, say, only showing Kenji as a Social Link and limiting the party to the MC, Junpei, and Yukari (mixed in with stuff like midgame Tartarus blocks, too). If they announce changes, those will come with time, obviously.

It's not even like there's going to be an extended hype cycle like when they took forever to show Tifa in FFVIIR, this game comes out relatively soon in the grand scheme of things. Maybe they'll drop more information quickly, in which case the observation is moot. If they don't, I don't really get why they would bother.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

The trailer just looked like a Persona 5 version of Persona 3, and I'm going to assume they're gonna create links for the party members so they can carry over the ability unlocks 5 did.

I can understand being a little disappointed if you wanted the remake to have its own feel other than reusing the 5 engine, but I don't know how the gently caress you come off deciding it has to be terrible from the 90 seconds we've seen.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

She was extremely good as Nanako

that's like the only role i've ever heard her in where she isn't doing the one voice she normally does. all of her other characters are pretty much identical

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It could be fine as a game. Again though, I don't really see the point yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

curiously its rated Cero C (15+) while original P3 was rated CERO B (12+)

Persona 5 got a Cero C for more direct drugs/gambling references, and the recent P3P ports got a cero B as well so it isnt a case of regulations getting more tight.

so thats some indication that there's new content or some changes (though it could just be a case of higher fidelity graphics making content seem more extreme)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ApplesandOranges posted:

I was gonna say I thought Chris Niosi was shut out after breaking NDA but nope, still doing work, just nothing I recognize.

If it helps, Niosi used to be something of an up and comer and now gets like a couple roles a year at most. Nobody big wants to work with somebody who breaks an NDA but you'd think between that and the allegations would be enough to punt him into the Shadow Zone.

We can solve the Aigis problem by just replacing her with Labrys.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Arist posted:

ok, whatever you say man

I don’t get why your pretending. No one here is gonna buy it. Just embrace you are against on a conceptual level at least it’s consistent with how your posting about it.

Hell ut could be an rear end remake for all we know we literally know nothing about it which is why it’s hard to take you to seriously

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
sit down, chucky hams

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hes right tbh

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

(I have like zero faith they'll stick to their guns and not include a Happy True Ending this time.)

to be honest I have very little faith because in the 2 rereleases they allowed the player to prevent/undo two of the major character deaths in the game, which pretty substantially weakens the story I think

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

curiously its rated Cero C (15+) while original P3 was rated CERO B (12+)

Persona 5 got a Cero C for more direct drugs/gambling references, and the recent P3P ports got a cero B as well so it isnt a case of regulations getting more tight.

so thats some indication that there's new content or some changes (though it could just be a case of higher fidelity graphics making content seem more extreme)

I can see the suicide imagery getting a bump up with better visuals.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think itd be that because the original p3 did have it in the anime cutscenes pretty explicitly too, the whole intro scene is very deliberately cut to invoke it

maybe its some of the blood/gore stuff? like the scene with thanatos turbokilling shadows at the start could easily be made more violent

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I can see the suicide imagery getting a bump up with better visuals.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

cock hero flux posted:

to be honest I have very little faith because in the 2 rereleases they allowed the player to prevent/undo two of the major character deaths in the game, which pretty substantially weakens the story I think

I mean doing the game without MC sacrificing himself would be like Romeo and Juliet waking up after drinking the poison. Mercutio living or dying is less impactful than the protagonists. I don't know If I particularly trust Atlus on this though, they've become increasingly willing to serve player wishes rather than story in recent years.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t get why your pretending. No one here is gonna buy it. Just embrace you are against on a conceptual level at least it’s consistent with how your posting about it.

Hell ut could be an rear end remake for all we know we literally know nothing about it which is why it’s hard to take you to seriously

can people loving chill, they're not gonna cancel it because I personally am not excited for it

hell, I'll probably still give it a try since it's on game pass, even

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Interesting, seems to be an Xbox/Windows exclusive (for now).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
personally i hope they lean in more into the evokers. theyre kickass

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Alacron posted:

Interesting, seems to be an Xbox/Windows exclusive (for now).

it's definitely a marketing deal, I wouldn't read into it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently some Spanish retailer listed PS and Switch versions too fwiw

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

can people loving chill, they're not gonna cancel it because I personally am not excited for it

hell, I'll probably still give it a try since it's on game pass, even

It's ok that you are against the remake being made dude just own up to it.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

this remake's been leakier than a boat made out of colanders

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's ok that you are against the remake being made dude just own up to it.

What do you want me to own up to? I've said as much, basically. That's not an own. I think the best case scenario here is that they're going to sell a version of this game that is the one I would actually want in a couple years, and the worst case scenario is they salted the earth. I posted that already.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MbKKssTBhz5/status/1667947942324457472?t=DomzHfa4J7nkOJWk2yHfPA&s=19

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm curious if Junpei's replacement will try to sound like Vic or go with a different vibe.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://personacentral.com/persona-3-reload-revealed-details-screenshots/

Just some new info and yeah FeMC is not in the remake confirmed. Despite my initial disappointment I do want to listen to the new voiced lines and events mentioned in the link too.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm curious if Junpei's replacement will try to sound like Vic or go with a different vibe.

i don't know if "15 year old who has been smoking for 40 years" is something that they'll want to replicate

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao they actually did do new animated cutscenes, I was kind of hoping they'd take the opportunity to stop doing those

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
please just let me not be a manwhore. keep the reverse/broken social link mechanic tho

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

holy poo poo are they finally showing Project Re:Fantasy?

e: Metaphor Re:Fantazio, yep

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Hmm, when you scroll to the end of the characters list the color of the background changes from blue to pinkish and there’s a blank “coming soon” slot

(Probably nothing)

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Alder posted:

https://personacentral.com/persona-3-reload-revealed-details-screenshots/

Just some new info and yeah FeMC is not in the remake confirmed.

Am I blind or does the article not say anything about whether or not she's in?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anakha posted:

Am I blind or does the article not say anything about whether or not she's in?

it says nothing about her no

Rinkles posted:

Hmm, when you scroll to the end of the characters list the color of the background changes from blue to pinkish and there’s a blank “coming soon” slot

(Probably nothing)
the background color changes for each character. yukari's is pink and junpei's is a lighter blue than the protag's. you likely scrolled too fast so you got to the coming soon before the color switched from yukari's to junpei's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Endorph posted:

it says nothing about her no

Which is why I'm wondering where the gently caress Alder pulled that conclusion from.