Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

hashino definitely isnt the only problem with the series or the sole reason all that dumb stuff is in p3/p4/p5 but also all the new stuff in p3p was made without him and thats my favorite writing of the modern stuff so i dont think its unfair to say that im hopeful for a persona 6 without him

People keep saying this but when I looked it up, it listed him as both director and producer for p3p specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endorph posted:

does it salt the earth? 'rereleasing something with more content' is like atlus's modus operandi

My thought is that if, for whatever reason, they don't do that within the next couple years, it's not like you can really remake it again

Though knowing Atlus they could certainly try, I suppose

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I only just recently played P3P (male), P4G, and P5R, loved all of them, thought each was better than the last. So on paper this sounds like a cool thing to me. But I guess I’m missing the PS2 experience of 3 and the FMC of 3P for context. I will still hella play 3 in a more modern style, things being what they are.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

mycot posted:

I think it would be insane if they kept party member social links exactly the same, but who knows.

they should, party members in 4 and 5 seemed more like accessories to the player character a lot of the time. i appreciated that the party members in 3 were more like coworkers who barely tolerate you and don't want to hang out outside of work

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist posted:

My thought is that if, for whatever reason, they don't do that within the next couple years, it's not like you can really remake it again

Though knowing Atlus they could certainly try, I suppose

Oh, also, the idea of Atlus pulling the "rerelease with more content" thing not just on a game they already made once, but with content they have already released, is hilariously grim

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m sure we’ll get P3 Remake Extravaganza Edition like a year after this comes out that will add the stuff people are afraid is missing

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Tired Moritz posted:

please just let me not be a manwhore. keep the reverse/broken social link mechanic tho

Yeah, friendship options for the dateable social links would be much appreciated so I don't have to pretend MC is a serial dater.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

People keep saying this but when I looked it up, it listed him as both director and producer for p3p specifically.
Nah, he's in the P3P credits but only as 'P3 original staff.' It lists separate directors for P3P.

Some people get listed in both the P3P credits and the P3 original staff credits for the same role (like soejima) so it's clear 'P3 original staff' is just recrediting everyone who made original P3, since P3P isn't that different from it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

Nah, he's in the P3P credits but only as 'P3 original staff.' It lists separate directors for P3P.

Some people get listed in both the P3P credits and the P3 original staff credits for the same role (like soejima) so it's clear 'P3 original staff' is just recrediting everyone who made original P3, since P3P isn't that different from it.

Oh ok I stand corrected, thank you. Can't trust anything on the internet these days!!!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Looks like VAs are announcing themselves for P3R

https://twitter.com/simplyallegra/status/1667970342458097665?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

https://twitter.com/kaggyfilms/status/1667970145350811651?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

https://twitter.com/dawnmbennettva/status/1667969950663995394?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

this is a lot of assumptions based off 30 seconds of footage

It is! That's why it's just my gut feeling. I feel like they would have thrown something in there that makes people go "whoa, what's that?" if there were more involved.

Granted, that's a different situation from something like the P5R or P4G teasers since the graphics were the same and not the focus of the updated version, but I'd still expect to see a part implying something like new party member s-links, or a new area.

I'm pretty sure the song on that teaser was new, at least - hopefully that implies other new things as well.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh weird. Clark and Saab are good, at least, but I'm definitely gonna miss Liam O'Brien.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Arist posted:

Anyway, seriously was not expecting to see this loving thing today after all these years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoZA6YA7YYQ

drat i was like "that sounds a lot like a strange journey song" and what do you know

Thats my fav smt soundtrack, too bad fantasy isnt really...appealing to me...and also i dont own or want an xbox...

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Oh wow huh, was not expecting that

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Glad to see Strassman gone, at least.

Kinda surprised to see Platt gone, she's still very active in VAing (see: Edelgard) and her voice is still very similar so it's not like a Michelle Ruff situation where she can't really voice Yukari as well anymore.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

bit sad that they're ditching the non-terrible actors too

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Was planning on using the JP voices this time around anyways but very sad to see o'brien and co. gone.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Persona 3 Remake will definitely be improved by not having that irritating fatass as a social link.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
On the other hand, Osvald as Akihiko should be interesting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yukari now, not familiar with this VA:

https://twitter.com/hezzy_starrVO/status/1667972998484328448?t=w4_zHkVpm-sl62lqdDgkkg&s=19

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Vic Mignonga sits earnestly by his telephone, still dressed as a college kid despite being 60 years old.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Arist posted:

Yukari now, not familiar with this VA:

Cherche/Elincia from Fire Emblem, Mineru from TotK.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SHOW ME JUNPEI

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It seems they are going with an entirely new cast given they've replaced everyone for now.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Arist posted:

SHOW ME JUNPEI

https://twitter.com/childishgamzeno/status/1667973485724069888

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I wonder... is the new voice cast a union thing? I don't know who's in the union and who isn't

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Persona 3 Remake will definitely be improved by not having that irritating fatass as a social link.

If they're keeping Kenji, they're keeping that loser

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Everyone on twitter is going "oh thank god" it's great.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

OH poo poo, THAT RULES

was legitimately seeing people fancasting Zeno a couple days ago

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I hope the new dub is just as bad as the original, if not slightly worse. Terrible voice acting was such a charm point.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Waiting with bated breath for Shinjiro's VA

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Saw this full list with the few missing members: https://twitter.com/ScrambledFaz/status/1667976401373351937?t=kl6YO7a_ZQ6igsToJApFYw&s=19

Always love me some Aleks Le

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

A much more diverse casting, too. Nice!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zeno Robinson has had an impressive career rise these past three years.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Arist posted:

his contribution is gonna be "persona" and like, several variations of "HA" and "OOF"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

cock hero flux posted:

his contribution is gonna be "persona" and like, several variations of "HA" and "OOF"

Yeah and it's gonna rule

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My man made Zenitsu entertaining through sheer vocal endurance

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

blossommirage posted:

I hope the new dub is just as bad as the original, if not slightly worse. Terrible voice acting was such a charm point.

Honestly I think that comes down to the voice director than anything. Give actors bad or little scene context and you're going to have a bad time no matter how skilled they are.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1667973370535608321?s=20

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Arist posted:

Saw this full list with the few missing members: https://twitter.com/ScrambledFaz/status/1667976401373351937?t=kl6YO7a_ZQ6igsToJApFYw&s=19

Leaving out Koromaru, guess he'll be sitting on the bench just like Hamuko. orz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fuuka will still use archived audio of *gasp*.