Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh i dont like this collective murder of the internet companies seem to be wanting to do.

They make billions a year and own their data centres this is chasing after profit increases of a hundredth of a percent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh i dont like this collective murder of the internet companies seem to be wanting to do.

They make billions a year and own their data centres this is chasing after profit increases of a hundredth of a percent.
:capitalism:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

If you're not embezzling the rounding errors created by your microscopic cost-cutting measures are you even living?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

It's essentially so the suits can say they accomplished something.
https://twitter.com/KrisWolfheart/status/1658645316327841792

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Maybe we can get Rirse an amnesty from the permaban to archive every video LP :pray:

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Wait, why was Rirse permabanned?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Fraud in SA mart over a pen I believe.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Lol.

Didn't know they were permad

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Leal posted:

Fraud in SA mart over a pen I believe.

What a bizarre reason.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I'd guess that the mods take an extremely dim view of being a traditional goon when interstate/international commerce is involved.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
https://twitter.com/YouTubeLiaison/status/1658829489466384387

Seems like YouTube videos are safe...for now.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

StillFullyTerrible posted:

What a bizarre reason.

Looking at the thread that got them perma'd, it's a series of:

Sold something claiming it was intact
Admitted they broke it before sending it when the buyer complained
Offered to refund the buyer, but the buyer still had to pay to ship it back
Then attempted to bullshit Paypal to claw back the refund anyway

So, uh, more than just "sold a broken item."

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
i was under the impression TDI had done a screenshot lp of third birthday but its not in the archive. was i wrong?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://lparchive.org/The-3rd-Birthday/

You probably typed "third" instead of 3rd :v: like I just did

Kmsorter
Jun 3, 2023
Does anyone have any feedback before I post this SSLP of Fire Emblem Fates - Conquest?

OP - https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=163150
Update 1 - https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=163149
Update 2 - https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=163148

I think it's mostly fine, but I'd appreciate any criticism.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
Firstly, your LP is already 9 out of 10 because you make a Birthright reference. Hats off to that and your good taste.

I'd say if anything I'm sometimes a bit confused about the flow between two screenshots. Things just seem to skip from one to the other and I'm not entirely sure what happened.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Has anyone else ever had to put an LP update on pause because there's just one dumb joke or pun they refuse to give up on and getting it to come together is taking longer than the entire rest of the update?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

PurpleXVI posted:

Has anyone else ever had to put an LP update on pause because there's just one dumb joke or pun they refuse to give up on and getting it to come together is taking longer than the entire rest of the update?

When I have to give up on a pun that's too labored for its own good I usually mention it in the text of the update just so everyone knows my shame.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
This was an enormous impediment during Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, my first ever LP. I will never create a title for anything that's as good as the update titles for the Daein chapters. This isn't because those are good, just because I'm very bad at naming anything.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
What's the current status with the imgur purge stuff? I submitted all my LPs to Baldurk last week, but I'm worried that the images might disappear before they get archived.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Jamesman posted:

What's the current status with the imgur purge stuff? I submitted all my LPs to Baldurk last week, but I'm worried that the images might disappear before they get archived.

If imgur is smart, they're starting with the images that are a) old, and b) not being accessed. I'm sure they have terabytes, if not petabytes, of basically idle disk space that could be "freed up" without literally anyone noticing, because the images involved haven't been loaded in the past five years.

That's not a guarantee of course, I'm just saying that recently-posted stuff should be a low priority for them to purge.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

I have held off on posting videos for days because I can't think of a witty title for the video. So now I just go with the ho hum "Game Title, Game Area, Part Whatever"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That's why you go with a naming theme, then you can half-rear end an update name and blame it on the naming conventions.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Jamesman posted:

A bunch of goons got together and downloaded all of the imgur images posted on the forums and almost (?) all of the albums. Now the remaining tasks are getting everything uploaded to an SA server and replacing all the imgur links to the self-hosted ones. For more details check out the thread for The Great Imgur Download Caper.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Well, I'll hold out hope that Baldurk gets to my archive requests soon enough. If not, I have all the images still so I can re-upload them if something goes down for whatever reason.

In other news, I'm working on the idea of LPing a puzzle game/point-and-click adventure game blind. I wanted to add on a gimmick, where every time I get stuck and need to get help with the solution, there would be consequences, but I am completely stuck on ideas for what to do.

-I don't do facecam.
-I don't drink.
-I don't want to make myself throw up.

So that rules out a lot of things other people do. I was wondering if anyone could offer suggestions on what they think would be fun things to bear witness to, given these limitations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Have posters contribute dumb embarrassing things you have to say every time you need a hint. Of course weed out the dumb and offensive suggestions.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Every time you get stuck, you have to read another ten Homestuck updates. Your suffering will be legendary.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Every time you ask for help you have to do a retsupurae on a DarkSydePhil video

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Every time you need a hint, you have to start the next video by narrarating a chapter of a thematically appropriate romance novel. Bonus points for MS Paint illustrations as well.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Start with one push up for a hint, then double it every subsequent hint. You'll either get real buff or real clever

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

PurpleXVI posted:

Every time you get stuck, you have to read another ten Homestuck updates. Your suffering will be legendary.

aren't there a couple of infinite loops/cycles of updates that could be gamed not horrifically far in? you'd need to specify unique updates I think

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Do a spin the wheel with a number of people's suggestions. Don't just choose the easy ones though but don't add anything too difficult like composing an epic poem in iambic pentameter.

How good are your drawing skills? For every hint, you need to draw your interpretation of someone's username who's posted in the thread.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Read a food or medical industry horror story whenever you're stuck. :v:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

ChaosArgate posted:

Read a food or medical industry horror story whenever you're stuck. :v:

Jamesman posted:

-I don't want to make myself throw up.

:raise:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Say something nice about another SA poster.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Say something nice about another SA poster.

Woah now, less of the crazy talk!

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Jamesman posted:

So that rules out a lot of things other people do. I was wondering if anyone could offer suggestions on what they think would be fun things to bear witness to, given these limitations.

Every time you need to look up an answer, you have to play 15 minutes worth of 'Gollum'.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

EricFate posted:

Every time you need to look up an answer, you have to play 15 minutes worth of 'Gollum'.

This, but buster duel a Megaman boss :hmmyes:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Fifteen minutes of playing Deadly Towers for every answer looked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Isn't Bad Rats the canonical punishment game?