Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
"I'm gonna fix Sanctuary, Elias. Pinky promise."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

satanic splash-back posted:

The game has been released for not even 7 days and insinuating that there is more than one viable build is no longer allowed, submit to whatever meta exists in the thread hivemind.

I guess I'm just going of how people are discussing other classes but I can say for sorc skills like incinerate, hydra, blizzard, ball lightning, frozen orb are straight up inferior (although I did see one person say they got a unique that made meteor good which is something I would like to try). And for rogue someone said penetrating shot?? I think was good for single target DPS but way worse than tb or flurry for group kills so I guess there is at least that

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Suggestion: people could try not getting weird as hell about a Blizzard game for once

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I swapped my barb to a bleed based build and now I’m watching whole health bars instantly turn dark with a single hit. Blows the dps of my hota build out of the water.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Saying balance is in a bad state shouldn't be that outrageous of a statement. Looking at rogue, one builder is wildly more useful than the rest, and stuff like cold imbuement sucks poo poo unless you specifically build around it with related aspects, and then it's just merely very bad. Its not so bad that I can't make a non-meta build work, but I'm mostly working around what's actually dropped for me.

Their dev blog posts indicated they were making repeat sweeping changes to major itemization and skill systems up until around a year before launch. Given how polished everything else is, I think balance was the major reason for the devs allegedly wanting a few more months before release.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Astryl posted:

I'm sure it is from a gameplay perspective tbh, I only tried to play it for maybe an hour, but its graphics gave me a legitimate headache and I never bothered again.

LE is objectively pretty good and has a ton of systems that are very cleverly designed. I absolutely can not get over the art and character designs though. the no customization + just bizarre character looks are just too much to get over for some reason. that poo poo kills the game for me

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Brought a necro to 50, finally.
I can't find out a set of skills that I like.
I'm going barb next :black101:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Deki posted:

Saying balance is in a bad state shouldn't be that outrageous of a statement. Looking at rogue, one builder is wildly more useful than the rest, and stuff like cold imbuement sucks poo poo unless you specifically build around it with related aspects, and then it's just merely very bad. Its not so bad that I can't make a non-meta build work, but I'm mostly working around what's actually dropped for me.

Their dev blog posts indicated they were making repeat sweeping changes to major itemization and skill systems up until around a year before launch. Given how polished everything else is, I think balance was the major reason for the devs allegedly wanting a few more months before release.

There's a reason season 1 doesn't start until July.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

site posted:

I guess I'm just going of how people are discussing other classes but I can say for sorc skills like incinerate, hydra, blizzard, ball lightning, frozen orb are straight up inferior (although I did see one person say they got a unique that made meteor good which is something I would like to try). And for rogue someone said penetrating shot?? I think was good for single target DPS but way worse than tb or flurry for group kills so I guess there is at least that

There's like a sorc staff that makes fireball triple cast and gloves that make it bounce, but that stuff only drops in T3/4 so you still need to run one of the cookie cutter builds to get there and farm stuff like this to start with.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Herstory Begins Now posted:

LE is objectively pretty good and has a ton of systems that are very cleverly designed. I absolutely can not get over the art and character designs though. the no customization + just bizarre character looks are just too much to get over for some reason. that poo poo kills the game for me

This helped kill it for me too honestly.

Also just spent an hour playing D2R as a comparison, and honestly, level scaling monsters really changes the dynamic of the game A LOT.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Gotta love that one of the user reviews is like "The resource system sucks in this game, its so limiting I cant play like this" and heres a guy Im watching running without a builder that has his ult on left click.

Imagine playing an aRPG, seeing a "problem" and not wanting to solve it with gear/skills.

I also do not have a builder on my bar and have zero issues with mana. Death to builders.

Astryl fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 11, 2023

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Been focusing on CC and Dual Swing on my barb but I got the Overkill Unique 2H Mace and I'm thinking about pumping Deathblow because it's so satisfying and fun.

https://i.imgur.com/8vt9IJ5.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/WZJANO6.mp4

Looking forward to cooking up an Upheaval build whenever I get a Hellhammer to drop.

Spent most of today finishing my Fractured Peaks renown, looking forward to some glyph levelling runs with my guild later. Probably going to keep working on one region per day to get all those sweet paragon points.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 11, 2023

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Char posted:

Brought a necro to 50, finally.
I can't find out a set of skills that I like.
I'm going barb next :black101:

I'm 53 with barb and feeling the same way. Except that I'll never take Death Blow off of my bar under any circumstances and I refuse to use shouts because they're boring :colbert:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Diephoon posted:

Been focusing on CC and Dual Swing on my barb but I got the Overkill Unique 2H Mace and I'm thinking about pumping Deathblow because it's so satisfying and fun

https://i.imgur.com/8vt9IJ5.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/WZJANO6.mp4

Looking forward to cooking up an Upheaval build whenever I get a Hellhammer to drop

I mentioned this in the GBS game thread but I prefer the way D3 looks at least from what I've seen of D4. Thanks idiots who complained about D3 looking too cartoony the world doesn't have enough beige and grey.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think Last Epoch is merely okay. The skill trees are fun and expansive but the need to make a filter sucks poo poo and the combat doesn't feel very good.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Duck and Cover posted:

I mentioned this in the GBS game thread but I prefer the way D3 looks at least from what I've seen of D4. Thanks idiots who complained about D3 looking too cartoony the world doesn't have enough beige and grey.

It's funny because the environment design in D4 is worlds ahead of D3 so actually all the rainbow crybabies of the D3 era were 100% right. :haw:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Duck and Cover posted:

Thanks idiots who complained about D3 looking too cartoony the world doesn't have enough beige and grey.

The rainbow level was hilarious and anybody that didn't like it has no joy in their soul.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Duck and Cover posted:

its a game about hell and demons it should be grey, black and red and not my little pony mad?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Doomykins posted:

It's funny because the environment design in D4 is worlds ahead of D3 so actually all the rainbow crybabies of the D3 era were 100% right. :haw:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Duck and Cover posted:

Eh, it's not as monotone as it looks. A third of the map is a bright desert biome. They probably frontloaded the grey cause of what you said though.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
it's crazy how good the game looks compared to how muddled it looks in gameplay footage. encoding just murders the visuals

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Pro tip you can right click on a glyph in your menu to apply XP to it at the end of a nightmare dungeon.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just hit level 60 and I did a level 20 Nightmare Dungeon on my Firewall Sorceress

This game is really fun & most of the bad reviews make me 'lol'

Char
Jan 5, 2013

S.J. posted:

I'm 53 with barb and feeling the same way. Except that I'll never take Death Blow off of my bar under any circumstances and I refuse to use shouts because they're boring :colbert:

Did my first 15 levels, frenzy is cool & good! What's the catch, why is everyone using lunging strike?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Char posted:

Did my first 15 levels, frenzy is cool & good! What's the catch, why is everyone using lunging strike?

Free mobility. I can't imagine not having it when having to deal with the Damage Resist Aura mobs that get spawned in higher difficulties.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

That Works posted:

A RL friend of mine is getting this and we will probably just play together some / casually. Should i bother with anything but the cheap vanilla release or should i get the 2nd tier version of the game with a season pass etc?
You already got the correct answer but to elaborate a bit more: Buying anything outside of vanilla simply gets you cosmetics. The battle pass that you pay for is all cosmetics, there is still a free one with each season. Seasons have not started yet but will require you make a new character to access them.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
My bf played a couple yellow quests ahead of me while I was asleep. Now when I joined him I'm getting no rewards because he's two steps ahead if me. But I also have 3 yellow quests to choose from and he doesn't remember which path her took. How do I unfuck this so we're back in sync? Is there a log of what he completed?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Zero VGS posted:

My bf played a couple yellow quests ahead of me while I was asleep. Now when I joined him I'm getting no rewards because he's two steps ahead if me. But I also have 3 yellow quests to choose from and he doesn't remember which path her took. How do I unfuck this so we're back in sync? Is there a log of what he completed?
Sever.

Or just have him join you and note when he stops getting rewards. There are a couple of Acts where there are 2 main quests instead of 1. You eventually do both of them so it's just a matter of picking the one you want to prioritize. Your problem should be as simple as having him join your game with you as party leader (I've heard changing who party leader is is actually easy and doesn't require reforming parties, btw) and, really, you should both be getting the same rewards and finish out the act together. Since he was ahead, any time he doesn't receive a reward would be a quest he's already done.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Don't even have my glyphs leveled up and Bone Spear is approaching 900k damage for the initial hit when I set everything up. Any demon stupid enough to stand by a wall gets turned into chunks instantly, dungeon bosses included.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Is the big act v cutscene all CGI? Because Lilith in the close ups (specifically of her face) look like an actual actress. Or are they just that good?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
rainbows are GAY

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Char posted:

It's the only mobility tool you have that isn't on a cooldown with a class that has to get into melee, plus it does respectable enough damage.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Astryl posted:

Is the big act v cutscene all CGI? Because Lilith in the close ups (specifically of her face) look like an actual actress. Or are they just that good?

I'm pretty sure Blizzard Cutscenes really are just that good. Remember how far ahead of the time the Warcraft III Intro scene was?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Thank God for cold fusion

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
So, back in the closed beta that (with the build number all over the screen) there was a legendary vendor. He would ride a horse and randomly show up parked somewhere in the overworld. Wondering if anyone has ran into him yet or if he was removed. You could outright purchase legendaries for gold instead of obols.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
Is there any way to make my meteor sorc not poo poo? I got the meteorite affix and it's fun when it comes together but then you're just waiting around for frost nova and the dragon thingy... I know I know, this is most sorc builds

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Turds in magma posted:

Is there any way to make my meteor sorc not poo poo? I got the meteorite affix and it's fun when it comes together but then you're just waiting around for frost nova and the dragon thingy... I know I know, this is most sorc builds

Get a lot of Lucky Hit with a fast basic attack and rely on Meteor enchantments for DPS instead of pressing the actual button.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I gotta ask, even if only to trigger the "complain about it and it will drop" phenomenon:

Have they straight up removed the Shockwave aspect for druids from the game?
Lvl 60, hundreds of legendaries, easily 3000+ obols traded, alternating between gloves and totems, since I'm not quite sure whether totems count as 1H weapons or if are they branded "offhand"?
Since they can only roll offensive aspects, I figured it might be the better choice for gambling?

Do I need to be at a certain level for it to drop?
Nightmare dungeons?
Do I need to burying a dead cat a midnight and spit in a witches' eye?

So much fun grinding for a build defining item drop... at this point I feel once I get it, I can't even get excited about it anymore.

Edit: 2 1/2 hours later it finally dropped.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 11, 2023

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

exquisite tea posted:

Get a lot of Lucky Hit with a fast basic attack and rely on Meteor enchantments for DPS instead of pressing the actual button.

Does this actually work?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I kind of hate the quests that have an NPC insert themselves into your party as soon as you accept it, which makes me feel weird and that I now have to do it. Its just rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

mcbexx posted:

I gotta ask, even if only to trigger the "complain about it and it will drop" phenomenon:

Have they straight up removed the Shockwave aspect for druids from the game?
Lvl 60, hundreds of legendaries, easily 3000+ obols traded, alternating between gloves and totems, since I'm not quite sure whether totems count as 1H weapons or if are they branded "offhand"?
Since they can only roll offensive aspects, I figured it might be the better choice for gambling?

Do I need to be at a certain level for it to drop?
Nightmare dungeons?
Do I need to burying a dead cat a midnight and spit in a witches' eye?

So much fun grinding for a build defining item drop... at this point I feel once I get it, I can't even get excited about it anymore.

I'm in tier 3 and I've had it drop twice. Definitely seems less than other aspects.