Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

BULBASAUR posted:

need mod support so I can convert my ship into a bit tiddy goth harem
I remember Todd mentioning in one of those AMAs that he was interested in seeing what modders did with/to the empty uninhabited planets, so consider that confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Mod in Mars so I can hang out with Doom guy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Joink posted:

Mod in Mars so I can hang out with Doom guy.

Mars is in the game, they showed a few locations of the planet. We dont have confirmation yet of what other planets of Sol are in. Earth I bet is offlimits for some lore reason.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Mars is in the game, they showed a few locations of the planet.

They didn't show the moons of mars though. That's where all the demons are!

NASA share all your Mars moon demon photos already!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dr_rat posted:

They didn't show the moons of mars though. That's where all the demons are!

NASA share all your Mars moon demon photos already!

Yes! I need all of the planets and moons in our solar system, so I can have my the Expanse open world dream game.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Mars is in the game, they showed a few locations of the planet. We dont have confirmation yet of what other planets of Sol are in. Earth I bet is offlimits for some lore reason.

When you land on Earth it launches Fallout 76.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

it would be funny if nirn was a secret easter egg planet

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Gonna penetrate Uranus' atmosphere with my phallic space ship and colonize

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I said come in! posted:

the Expanse open world dream game.

god i wish, it's never going to happen :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

god i wish, it's never going to happen :(

Excited for the adventure game coming out next month at least! I hope in that, we at least get to explore freely some of the locations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Plutos not going to be included just to piss off the people who still try and claim it's a planet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dr_rat posted:

Plutos not going to be included just to piss off the people who still try and claim it's a planet.

I attended the university that discovered Pluto. So this is personal. :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

watching this vod now, for anyone else who missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMOPoAq5vIA

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
At this point all I really can hope for is a good story and narrative ontop, though its never really been their strong suit

Also would be awesome to see a character editor before the game is released to plan things out (unlikely)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

For those looking to buy the Premium Edition that comes with early access and the first DLC. You only need to buy the $30 Premium Upgrade if you are subscribed to Game Pass.

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝
I just hope the modding tools come out quicker than Fallout 4's did, that took nearly 6 months

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

For those looking to buy the Premium Edition that comes with early access and the first DLC. You only need to buy the $30 Premium Upgrade if you are subscribed to Game Pass.

Okay so I would be super dumb to buy this on Steam then.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
So can you sell ships?

Feels like stealing ships and selling them could be a money spinner.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Not sure how the mod support will be on game pass is the only downside. I'll pick it up on steam just because of that.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

raccoon.bmp posted:

I just hope the modding tools come out quicker than Fallout 4's did, that took nearly 6 months

I wouldn't get my hopes up

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How many FPS?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Yes and no. I bought the Forza Horizon DLC’s and when I wanted to play them a year later, I’ve forgotten I need to resub to game pass because I never owned the base game. If you plan to put in hundreds of hours, there’s a break even point where it makes more sense to buy the base game and dlc on whichever platform, instead of locking yourself in to a subscription in order to play a thing you own.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Todd did it again.

Wish this was coming to PS5 too

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

aw hell yeah

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Game is cool but I’m also excited about what this means for games down the pipeline - Elder Scrolls and Fallout. This tech is a huge jump.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Mokotow posted:

Game is cool but I’m also excited about what this means for games down the pipeline - Elder Scrolls and Fallout. This tech is a huge jump.

yep, can't wait to see the adoring fan tech in all of their games going forward

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

How many FPS?

*slowly counts on fingers*

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Star citizen looking good

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mokotow posted:

my best informed guess is ~8 years for another Elder Scrolls and another ~8 years for another Fallout, so 15 years before another big single player Fallout game :downs:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

1glitch0 posted:

Not only boarding ships you disable but taking them to add to your "fleet". I'm taking over this backwater galaxy.

Modding Homeworld's salvage corvettes into the game asap

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

How many FPS?

Yeah this is the only remaining question. The footage did not give me hope for the Series X version.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ugh the spaceship parts and the general low-tech/scifi combination aesthetic looks so good

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
STARFIELD- You are the salvage corvette

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Just thinking about the potential Star Wars overhaul mod for this game, and then remembering Disney would shut it down right as it releases.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i wonder if there are space mudcrabs i can mod anime titties onto

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

ugh the spaceship parts and the general low-tech/scifi combination aesthetic looks so good

It reminds me of interstellar.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

i wonder if there are space mudcrabs i can mod anime titties onto

Youre not going to believe this

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I wasn't that excited about Starfield before, but now I am. Facial animations still look awkward and I guess I will be glad if the story and dialogues are at least somewhat good, I am also a bigger fan of fantasy ES games, but the environments, modularity and artistic direction all seem good, it all looks quite immersive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
wish there was space mining, but I guess you build a base for that in this game