Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Late to the party but seconding the love for Deathblow, at least for now.

I also like how there is an auto select for which weapon to use for skills. Yeah, it is very Head Empty but I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

mcbexx posted:

I gotta ask, even if only to trigger the "complain about it and it will drop" phenomenon:

Have they straight up removed the Shockwave aspect for druids from the game?
Lvl 60, hundreds of legendaries, easily 3000+ obols traded, alternating between gloves and totems, since I'm not quite sure whether totems count as 1H weapons or if are they branded "offhand"?
Since they can only roll offensive aspects, I figured it might be the better choice for gambling?

Do I need to be at a certain level for it to drop?
Nightmare dungeons?
Do I need to burying a dead cat a midnight and spit in a witches' eye?

So much fun grinding for a build defining item drop... at this point I feel once I get it, I can't even get excited about it anymore.

having the same issue with the barb aspect that decreases cooldown of shouts based on nearby enemies when cast. level 63 and haven't seen a single one. only rolls on rings so I've spent all my obols on rings but no luck

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

D3 looked good imo, D4 looks incredibly good, this thread has the biggest ratio of people who get very angry about inconsequential poo poo I've seen in months.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

just play and enjoy video games imo

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah same, only 2 drops for me.

i just made this, its nothing too insane but its still pretty nice as my first big boy weapon

now to slap a pulverize on it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Dropped these and now my flurry rogue is basically unkillable lol. It seems like the overhealing also procs the "gain 20 of your primary resource for every 25% of your life that you heal" ring so I'm rolling in energy. This kicks rear end.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Fajita Queen posted:

:yeah:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Black Griffon posted:

D3 looked good imo, D4 looks incredibly good, this thread has the biggest ratio of people who get very angry about inconsequential poo poo I've seen in months.

Fajita Queen posted:

Agreed!

And for folks (at least on PC) who would like the game to be less grey:
- Options -> Graphics -> Sharpen Image to ~50
- Use the Levels shader in Reshade

Before/after:

Someone upthread astutely observed this mimics D2's light radius. It's pretty great imo

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Fajita Queen posted:

Yeah. Maybe take a break if you're having a miserable time, play or replay Hollow Knight, maybe a bit of farming sim.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

All things are perfect if you ignore their flaws.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
unrelated

Me CCing: Haha yes!! gently caress yes!!
Me getting CCed: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I have a physical disability where I can’t use my hands, so I use an Xbox controller (just the L-stick to move) and mouse+kb. My problem is that the game stops accepting mouse or keyboard input whenever the controller is used. This results in me being unable to move and use abilities at the same time. Is there any way I can get around this? I’ve played tons of games (Cyberpunk, FFXIV, many more) that natively support both input sources at once.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Duck and Cover posted:

All things are perfect if you ignore their flaws.

Many things are enjoyable past their flaws, yeah. D2 and D3 even in their idealized latest versions have flaws.

It's clear you're not going to get the game and you have to reach to try to attack it by guessing at screenshots when anyone who has sat down with it knows better, so why lurk this thread? Couldn't you go play a game you enjoy? I'm not sure why you're chasing this fantasy that if you deliver a sick enough empty-headed take that we'll all wake up and demand refunds or something.

HAAANK! HAAAAAAAAAANK! IT'S ONLY AN 8 OUT OF TEN! YOU COULD BE SPEEDRUNNING MARIO 64 INSTEAD! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y-38FqiBuY

Good lore video for people wondering the background of the story.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

goferchan posted:

Dropped these and now my flurry rogue is basically unkillable lol. It seems like the overhealing also procs the "gain 20 of your primary resource for every 25% of your life that you heal" ring so I'm rolling in energy. This kicks rear end.

These are some lucky pants. Congratulations.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Anyone down for some quazi-split farming? Currently doing act 3 stuff at lvl 46.

What I am thinking is one person clears a dungeon until boss, the other does side quests, tracks down shrines (and walks the other to it after said dungeon) in the area close to the dungeon.

Come in for boss fight, then switch rolls for the next area.

It would be nice to have someone to help with the bosses or revives as well as its the one place im still dying semi-regularly playing solo.

Also if anyone has a better idea or guide or more effiecent method on how to split farm and the best way to figure out the most efficent/fair division of labor I would love to hear it.

Lastflowers#1904 if your down, or if your looking to party up with someone else grinding act3 and wanting to finish the main story line by tonight.

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 11, 2023

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

TheAbortionator posted:

Anyone down for some quazi-split farming. Currently doing act 3 stuff at lvl 46.

Basically one person clears a dungeon until boss, the other does side quests, tracks down shrines (and walks the other to it after said dungeon) right outside of the dungeon.

Come in for boss fight, then switch jobs for the next area.

It would be nice to have someone to help with the bosses or revives as well as its the one place im still dying semi-regularly playing solo.

Or if anyone has a better idea or guide on how to split farm and the division of labor pointing it out would be awesome.

Lastflowers#1904 if your down, or just want to party up with someone else working on act3 and wanting to finish the main story line by tommorow.

why are you thinking about doing all this poo poo when you haven't finished the storyline? just beeline the story, and worry about pro farming strats later

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Bardeh posted:

why are you thinking about doing all this poo poo when you haven't finished the storyline? just beeline the story, and worry about pro farming strats later

I've been spamming the channel everytime I'm at the end of dungeon, and some people take me up on the offer. Its easy renown and finding a good rythem with some goons seems like it would be worth the small effort.

Also Im under the impression that Min/maxing every dumb angle was the point of every diablo game ever.

(its also really annoying clearing bosses alone, because dying eats up a ton of time)

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 11, 2023

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Objection, bread expensive as hell these days. Not low cost at all!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Doomykins posted:

Many things are enjoyable past their flaws, yeah. D2 and D3 even in their idealized latest versions have flaws.

It's clear you're not going to get the game and you have to reach to try to attack it by guessing at screenshots when anyone who has sat down with it knows better, so why lurk this thread? Couldn't you go play a game you enjoy? I'm not sure why you're chasing this fantasy that if you deliver a sick enough empty-headed take that we'll all wake up and demand refunds or something.

HAAANK! HAAAAAAAAAANK! IT'S ONLY AN 8 OUT OF TEN! YOU COULD BE SPEEDRUNNING MARIO 64 INSTEAD! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK

Sorry you don't have enough Duck and Cover experience to have the right criticize him.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Duck and Cover posted:

Sorry you don't have enough Duck and Cover experience to have the right criticize him.

i think you have negative attention seeking brain. very bad and common amongst goons unfortunately. hate to see the posts

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you should learn to enjoy games and love playing them instead of seeking things to nitpick

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I just truly don't understand why they're here.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If you do not like this game, play a different game that you do like, and enjoy that one.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Black Griffon posted:

I just truly don't understand why they're here.

I don't think they understand either

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

I kind of hate the quests that have an NPC insert themselves into your party as soon as you accept it, which makes me feel weird and that I now have to do it. Its just rude.

You don’t have to, they vanish when you leave and reappear by your side when you’re back in the area iirc

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i got a pair of Gohrs for my WW barb and i know they got nerfed but man. i throw on shouts, spin until they’re half out less life, stop spinning and like nothing happens. i have grasping WW too so i know they’re close enough to get hit. really disappointing

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Speaking of nit picks, and opinions no one actually cares about!.

As far as the game goes I am loving it, yes its no d2 but nothing ever will be (aside from D2R). But I'm enjoying it more then reaper of souls and that got about 1000+ hours out of me.

The only part I'm finding noticeably underwhelming is the shallow pool for different monsters. However, they did add cannibals as a creature subtype, and I feel like that mostly makes up for it.

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 11, 2023

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Madr the mistake of playing some D2R after two weeks of D4. Scaling monsters feels like such a mistake comparatively.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Astryl posted:

Madr the mistake of playing some D2R after two weeks of D4. Scaling monsters feels like such a mistake comparatively.

I never played d2r but I'm kinda thinking about it now..

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Astryl posted:

I kinda feel the same, but I also have my long time blizzard BFF who I have played diablo/wc3 with since high school. Hes got two kids and other so-called "responsibilities". Its been nice to be able to just jump in a game with him when he is twently levels lower and not be just carrying him until he catches up. Not sure how well thats gonna scale to higher difficulties though.

Google Butt posted:

I never played d2r but I'm kinda thinking about it now..

I thought I only loved the game for nostagia reasons so much because of how much I loved it in highschool. But a few of my friends picked it up having only played d3 before, and of them flat out stated its the best loving game hes ever played.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i have way more fun blasting chaos sanctuary on my mosaic assassin in d2r and hoping for a big drop than doing nightmare dungeons in d4, thats one mark i think they really missed, d2 has so many good iconic drops

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Me 150 hours into exterminating gorgeous demonic flora and fauna around Sanctuary, looking at another 150: "I loving hate this game."

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

queeb posted:

i have way more fun blasting chaos sanctuary on my mosaic assassin in d2r and hoping for a big drop than doing nightmare dungeons in d4, thats one mark i think they really missed, d2 has so many good iconic drops

Stripping aspects and adding it to items is mechanically better, but the unique/set items were indeed more fun to find.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
all you need to do to make uniques viable is add an entire market economy. go buy and sell stuff on path of exile for 5 hours and tell me if you want uniques to be the main thing for builds after that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hmm I may actually be able to run my necro without a builder skill at this point. I made it through a dungeon without using it, but I think I may still get screwed if all my reaper skeletons get killed at a boss and I have no other way of generating corpses. Gotta check out some aspects to see if there's something that can help me there.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Do you have to beat the capstone dungeon on world tier 2 in order to advance, or can you drop down to world tier 1? The Curator is kicking my rear end.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Bold Robot posted:

Do you have to beat the capstone dungeon on world tier 2 in order to advance, or can you drop down to world tier 1? The Curator is kicking my rear end.

it has to be on wt2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Sourdough Sam posted:

"I'm gonna fix Sanctuary, Elias. Pinky promise."

"no wait not like that" 😔