Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looks like the definitive platform for persona remains, as always, The Play Station Vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
gay and not horny? what is this, an indie game

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

They explain the twist of Persona 5 for like 15 minutes after the fact, and I still don't know how it's supposed to work.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
https://twitter.com/puritikuma/status/1667974901507014658?t=aYmuLdFZwMdPD4j8a8-64g&s=19

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Boo no FeMC and boo on yet another New Spinoff Girl that will probably have the same story as the rest of the New Spinoff Girls.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wow, they re-casted a lot of people. I guess everybody else is too expensive now.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it's been 17 years, the generation's mostly flipped at this point

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

im wondering how much fes/p3p stuff is gonna be carried over in the 3 remake... maybe theres just no femc or the answer but still the random other bits??

cock hero flux posted:

to be honest I have very little faith because in the 2 rereleases they allowed the player to prevent/undo two of the major character deaths in the game, which pretty substantially weakens the story I think

they didn't do that in the 2 rereleases?? unless im getting mixed up but, p2s releases are faithful to the og games minus a few lil bells and whistles

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
they're referring to rolling back shinji's and chihiro's deaths, which was already kind of tacky

doing the same to the protagonist would definitely be a bridge too far

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I legitimately think they made the decision to wholly recast for mostly pragmatic reasons. Like, we're getting rid of Vic, obviously. Strassman probably needs to go too, even if her case is a lot less pressing. Michelle Ruff can barely hit the Yukari register anymore. We already recast Fuuka and Ken. That leaves Akihiko, Mitsuru, Shinjiro, and the MC, if you count him. At that point, you might as well just make a new start.

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012
When they remake Persona 4 will they recast everyone there too, including the characters that were already recast, giving Naoto four different VAs?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like P4 a lot more than P3, but the prospect of a P4 remake is incredibly cursed, and not just because the new wave of Discourse would blot out the loving sun with its dark energy

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

If they're not including the FES/P3P content (other than I assume mechanical changes), then no way to save Shinjiro or Chihiro, I guess.

Oxxidation posted:

they're referring to rolling back shinji's and chihiro's deaths, which was already kind of tacky

This girl's had it too good for too long.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also I forgot Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was Naoto in the anime, I was wondering for a sec who the third VA was

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
*checks* dammit, only got one syllable out of three

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
I am curious if the japanese cast is the same. Ishida and Greenriver are pretty active, but Ohgata for ken may matter.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The site posted earlier has the same JP VAs for the three "revealed" characters, so I would assume they're all the same.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Arist posted:

The site posted earlier has the same JP VAs for the three "revealed" characters, so I would assume they're all the same.
Gotcha. I wonder if JP dub will be included initially or as dlc.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Booky posted:

they didn't do that in the 2 rereleases?? unless im getting mixed up but, p2s releases are faithful to the og games minus a few lil bells and whistles

by "2 rereleases" I meant "the 2 rereleases that Persona 3 has had so far(FES and P3P)", not "the rereleases of Persona 2"

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I played P3P as FeMC a few months back and didn't realize the protagonist died at the end at all.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Arist posted:

I legitimately think they made the decision to wholly recast for mostly pragmatic reasons. Like, we're getting rid of Vic, obviously. Strassman probably needs to go too, even if her case is a lot less pressing. Michelle Ruff can barely hit the Yukari register anymore. We already recast Fuuka and Ken. That leaves Akihiko, Mitsuru, Shinjiro, and the MC, if you count him. At that point, you might as well just make a new start.

On top of this, Liam O'Brien is probably too expensive now. Basically none of the actors who hit it big with Critical Role do much dubbing anymore. I agree that they probably just decided to do a clean sweep and do a full recast, like the FFVII Remake, rather than pick and chose who they wanted to try and keep around.

I am curious about side characters, though. Igor is always a weird one to predict because of the unusual circumstances around that character. And Elizabeth, of course, is vital.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah I guess most of the known VAs in P3 are fairly big names now. It was just a bit weird for me because Allegra Clark was in the same game as Tara Platt (Three Houses), but it's hard to say how much Atlus pays their VAs and Nintendo probably had a lot more money to throw at VAs for a Fire Emblem game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's occasionally a bit weird because you still occasionally see promo vids with Sam Riegel as Teddie and Matt Mercer is still obviously Yusuke, but yeah, the last thing I'm aware O'Brien was in was Nier Replicant

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Arist posted:

It's occasionally a bit weird because you still occasionally see promo vids with Sam Riegel as Teddie and Matt Mercer is still obviously Yusuke, but yeah, the last thing I'm aware O'Brien was in was Nier Replicant

He was Kain in Dissidia and Gill in Street Fighter, so I guess his last dub role would be in 2019.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Its also possible they just didnt want to do it, theres a lot of reasons someone could not be reprising a role

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Persona 3 remake will probably be fine, and because it doesn't have the female protagonist which as the main thing that made Persona 3 special and fun for me I won't be tempted to buy it. Some people get to enjoy a thing, and I get to save money, seems like a win-win.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Yeah no FeMC just made this a "wait for a huge sale or dont even bother" game for me. Glad the people that want it will enjoy it though.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

:eyepop:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I actually really like the announced English VA cast even if it's clear some of the recasts are for budget purposes.

holy poo poo get his rear end.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You know, I gotta respect the decision to recast everyone rather than pick and choose. Clean slate and all that.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Arist posted:

I like P4 a lot more than P3, but the prospect of a P4 remake is incredibly cursed, and not just because the new wave of Discourse would blot out the loving sun with its dark energy

when people were (rightfully) critiquing the fraught sexual politics of P5 I was waiting for the gaze to turn toward Yosuke/Naoto/Kanji but it never happened.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Jon Irenicus posted:

when people were (rightfully) critiquing the fraught sexual politics of P5 I was waiting for the gaze to turn toward Yosuke/Naoto/Kanji but it never happened.

This has happened multiple times in this thread and also on the internet in general

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Frankly I'm glad we managed to dodge Johnny Bosch Junpei. That sounds terrible. Zeno basically sound like Junpei in FE Engage anyway

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
are we also discussing the Metaphor game here or will we make a new thread for that or just use the general Megaten thread for it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Frankly I'm glad we managed to dodge Johnny Bosch Junpei. That sounds terrible. Zeno basically sound like Junpei in FE Engage anyway

what

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Well since the Persona 3 remake and Persona 5 thing got leaked early I really wasn't expecting a surprise trailer for noted vaporware game Project Re: Fantasy.

Looks a lot more like a fantasy skinned Persona 5 than I was expecting, down to the main character seeming to have some kind of stand/persona, social links, having an on-screen calendar with some kind of deadline countdown in the top right, etc. Story reminds me a little of SMT 4.

Not sure if I am a fan of the art style it seems kind of busy

Item Getter fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 12, 2023

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Junpei posted:

are we also discussing the Metaphor game here or will we make a new thread for that or just use the general Megaten thread for it

From what we have seen here is as good a place as any to talk about Metaphor.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
It really wears its Persona 5 bones on its sleeve, that's for sure.
Something else I'm really looking forward to with a new P3 cast is maybe the audio will be properly de-essed this time. Mitsuru my god your S sounds hurt me so bad

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Jon Irenicus posted:

I feel like that dead horse has been ground to a fine paste long ago. There's not much to say about it at this point, it was handled badly and everyone either acknowledges that or will always refuse to acknowledge it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Woah I need to stop posting directly I wake up