Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Rishi Sunak sleeps on as his demons gather around – The Covid inquiry, immigration, interest rates and inflation are all conspiring against him"

Sunday Telegraph:

Travel chaos engulfs UK airports as electronic passport gates fail

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Lorna Miller on just another week in the UK – Rishi, Nigel, Suella, Boris and their pet gopher, Gordon, have all been in the news. But what high jinks have they been getting into?"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak will ask stores to cap basic food prices

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Tom Johnston on Britain’s out of touch political masters – The chancellor, Jeremy Hunt, has said that he would defend more interest rate rises to curb inflation even if they tipped the UK into recession"

Telegraph:

Covid inquiry faces court battle over ministers’ WhatsApps

Times:

Turkey election: Erdogan ally joins prayers on Ottoman anniversary

Evening Standard:

Comedians back campaign against Lake Windermere sewage pollution

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings: the washing away of Johnson’s Covid messages? – No 10 has been accused of cover-up after denying it has the ex-PMs pandemic notebooks and WhatsApp messages" See also National Covid Memorial Wall - Wikipedia

Telegraph:

Surprise mass drone strike spells trouble in the air for Vladimir Putin

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

‘No end in sight’ to rail dispute as first of three train strikes hits

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

there's something uniquely horrifying about British political cartoons.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Wrex Ruckus posted:

there's something uniquely horrifying about British political cartoons.

Yeah, it's Britain

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Yeah, it's Britain

:hmmyes:

-----

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the many crises facing the UK – From poverty to an overstretched NHS to out-of-control borders, the Tories can’t seem to get a grip on Britain’s problems"

Telegraph:

AI could be as dangerous as nuclear war, ChatGPT creator warns

Independent:

Boris Johnson hands over his WhatsApps and urges Cabinet Office to give them to Covid inquiry

Times:

Evening Standard:

Covid inquiry ‘may be flawed if it doesn’t get all documents it needs’

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the UK government’s fight with the Covid inquiry – Ministers are to launch legal action against the official Covid public inquiry in a last-ditch attempt to avoid handing over Boris Johnson’s unredacted WhatsApps"

Telegraph:

House prices fall at fastest pace since financial crisis

Independent:

"Through the looking glass: Labour is now the low-immigration party"

Times:

Kathleen Stock talk at Oxford Union disrupted by protesters

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak under pressure over Covid inquiry legal battle as Boris Johnson hands over WhatsApps

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on the row over Boris Johnson’s Covid WhatsApps – Boris Johnson has bypassed ministers’ attempts to keep his unredacted messages secret by handing them over directly to the Covid inquiry"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Briton Riviere.

The i paper:

Times:

Joe Biden falls over on stage in Colorado

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The Covid public inquiry: nothing to see here – From Boris Johnson to Rishi Sunak, no one in government has anything to hide…"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Why would anyone buy a print of that low effort Mac?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on what the WhatsApp row means for Sunak’s promises as PM – After Boris Johnson, the Cabinet Office fears that the Covid inquiry could seek Rishi Sunak’s unredacted messages"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak wants 2p tax cut before next general election

Times:

"Everything you need to know about AI (but were afraid to ask)"

Evening Standard:

ITV viewers see parallels in Holly Willoughby and Jennifer Aniston’s The Morning Show statements

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Vladimir Putin facing a counteroffensive – As Russia’s war in Ukraine has grown into an existential conflict for the Kremlin over the past 15 months, its search for internal enemies has intensified"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak latest news: UK to house 1,000 more asylum seekers on two new barges

Matt:

"Holly Willoughby’s statement is one of the most ludicrous ever made"

Times:

Evening Standard:

Prince Harry accuses newspapers of having ‘blood on their hands’ as he starts phone hacking evidence; Augmented reality headset Vision Pro is ‘most advanced device ever’ – Apple

David Squires:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
If you knew nothing about the oval office's horrible opinions that Blower could almost be good satire.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Prince Harry giving evidence to the phone-hacking trial – Prince Harry said ‘vile’ British tabloids had a ‘devastating impact’ on his mental health by portraying him as an irresponsible ‘thicko’ prone to underage drinking and drug-taking"

Telegraph:

US intelligence 'points to Russia' being behind dam attack

Matt:

Independent:

I decide what’s relevant, says Covid inquiry chair in Boris WhatsApp row

Times:

Evening Standard:

Sunak to meet Biden for talks on AI, Ukraine and the economy

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Putin and the collapse of the Nova Kakhovka dam – Ukraine has blamed Russian occupying forces for destroying the critical dam, which has unleashed an ecological disaster, flooding a swathe of the war’s frontline"

Telegraph:

Britain will take world lead on AI threat, Sunak to tell Joe Biden

Matt:

PGA Tour and DP World Tour to merge with LIV Golf as bitter rivals call truce

Independent:

Plan for GPs to offer controversial celebrity weight loss jab

Times:

Evening Standard:

https://twitter.com/Adamstoon1/status/1666749620410621952

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on UK’s tradition of AI leaders – Rishi Sunak has used his US trip to push the UK as a global centre for artificial intelligence regulation"

Telegraph:

NHS faces summer crisis after worst May on record for 12-hour A&E waits

Matt:

Telegraph Media Group set to be put up for sale

Independent:

Sunak urged to block Johnson from handing honours to ‘carousel of cronies’

Times:

Smog eases in New York but air pollution will linger over the US; Donald Trump indicted in case of classified documents found at Mar-a-Lago

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on the special relationship – Rishi Sunak and Joe Biden have announced a deal for transatlantic cooperation that moves the UK firmly into the US administration’s economic orbit and marks a revival in ties after the turbulence of Brexit"

Telegraph:

Labour abandons flagship net zero jobs plan

Matt:

Councils ‘shun’ pothole protection that extends road life by 15 years

Independent:

Trump indictment: Ex-president kept nuclear and military papers and showed some to unauthorised people After Mykola Yaroshenko.

Times:

Labour sidelines £28 billion green pledge to protect credibility

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Can Donald Trump still lead the Republican party back to the White House? – The former president rails against a second indictment, this time over his handling of classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago estate"

Sunday Telegraph:

Boris Johnson resigns as MP over partygate report

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

“Get ready, Mrs Gribly. Your examination will start immediately after the words, Brace! Brace!”

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

gently caress off Mac

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on a graceless exit – The former PM – full name Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson – has quit as an MP after seeing the Partygate inquiry findings"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak ignores Boris Johnson furore with pledge to act fast on tech

Times:

Evening Standard:

Nicola Sturgeon released without charge after arrest in SNP finances probe

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on Boris Johnson’s resignation as an MP – The former prime minister has formally stepped down as an MP, pre-empting a damning verdict from the Commons privileges committee into whether he misled parliament over lockdown-breaking parties"

Telegraph:

Matt:

:sun: UK weather: Month’s worth of rain to fall as sun makes way for thunderstorms :supaburn:

Times:

Nicola Sturgeon arrest: SNP ex-leader won’t be suspended, says Humza Yousaf

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak ‘at war’ ahead of Privileges Committee verdict on ex-PM; Kevin De Bruyne’s dancing and Jack Grealish doused in champagne: The best Man City parade pictures

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on Fireman Rishi trying to put out fires Boris Johnson keeps stoking – The Tory party is burnt out after an embittered Johnson quit before a report on whether he misled MPs on lockdown parties"

Telegraph:

Covid Inquiry diagram of Government structure likened to ‘bowl of spaghetti’

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Nadine Dorries delays exit to threaten PM with by-election embarrassment

Evening Standard:

Donald Trump pleads not guilty at Miami court to 37 criminal charges related to classified documents

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on a troublesome shot for golf-loving Trump – Legal woes, and threats of prison, are mounting for the former president"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men novelist, dies at 89

|Evening Standard:

New Banksy exhibition to be held at Glasgow’s Gallery of Modern Art

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s Covid legacy – As a new Banksy show opens in Glasgow, the former PM was found to have deliberately misled the Commons over lockdown breaches"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson allies vow to oust Tory MPs who back partygate report

Matt:

Independent:

Boris Johnson’s statement in full after damning Partygate report

Times:

After Dali.

Evening Standard:

Ashes preview: Transformed England ready for another epic Australia showdown

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on a long knight with bawling Boris Johnson – Johnson throws toys out of pram over privileges committee report"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Seurat.

The i paper:

Johnson accused of ‘clear breach’ of rules by taking up Daily Mail columnist job

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The emperor’s new clothes: Boris Johnson departs after being exposed – He resigned as an MP after being found guilty of repeatedly lying to parliament over Partygate"

Sunday Telegraph:

Pressure builds on Bank of England’s Bailey for yet another bumper rate rise; England regret at missed chances as Australia stage fightback

Matt:

Sunday Times:

After Gericault.

Mail on Sunday:

Warning over creation of synthetic human embryos as top scientists say breakthrough could have 'chilling' effect if misused

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Stealing this edit from the other thread:

By popular demand posted:

Let me get the obvious out of the way:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
MAC has been sniffing the markers again, eh

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on how the Covid inquiry is exposing Tory ministers’ failings – From growing health inequalities to a lack of planning, the UK’s unreadiness for a pandemic is being laid bare" Johnson, Cameron, Osborne, Sunak; I think Oliver Dowden?, Hancock, Hunt.

Telegraph:

"The RA Summer Exhibition is back – with the usual no-hopers and dearth of ideas"

Times:

Rishi Sunak will miss vote to condemn Boris Johnson over partygate report; Jan 2022: Boris Johnson held lockdown birthday party at No 10; today's his birthday.

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the Partygate debate in the Commons – Rishi Sunak is to miss a vote on whether to impose sanctions on Boris Johnson over his Partygate denials because of other diary plans, Downing Street has signalled"

Telegraph:

Stuart Broad and Ollie Robinson embrace Ashes villainy to deliver with bat and ball

Matt:

Keir Starmer: I’ll scrap ban on new onshore wind farms

Times:

Sir Keir Starmer urged to allay fears of Aberdeen oil and gas workers

Evening Standard:

London set for showers as thunderstorm warning issued for the UK

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on George Osborne’s day at Covid inquiry – The former chancellor and David Cameron have both defended their austerity policy to the panel"

Telegraph:

Core inflation highest in 31 years; Royal Ascot 2023: today's race times, how to watch on TV and betting tips

gently caress Off Matt:

School that allowed child to identify as cat faces government investigation

Times:

Evening Standard:

In Pictures: Sun rises on Summer Solstice across Britain

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Ukraine reconstruction conference in London – At the two-day conference, James Cleverly, the UK foreign secretary, said all Nato allies support giving fast-track membership to Ukraine" After John Heartfield.

Telegraph: gently caress Off Blower:

Matt:

How to survive the mortgage time bomb as interest rates rise; Glastonbury 2023: full lineup and rumours, from Britney Spears to Pulp

Times:

Titanic missing sub: Victor 6000 robot begins search dive — latest news

Evening Standard:

"The Standard View: Packed Tubes show London is back on track"

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I wish blower a very die tbh

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It doesn't even make any sense. Should a child who identifies as a cheetah compete with cheetahs then? If so, surely a child who identifies as a girl should compete with other girls.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the UK’s mortgage crisis – The Bank of England has raised interest rates to 5% in an effort to tackle inflation"

Telegraph:

Mortgage crisis to wipe out savings of 1.2m households as repayments set to surge

gently caress Off Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

UK inflation stuck at 8.7% in another cost-of-living shock

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
So how long has it been since Matt made a "comic" that DIDN'T provoke a chorus of "gently caress Off Matt"?

Because the madman has been on a roll of ignorance and casual minority bashing for what feels like ages now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
His paymasters are trying to find a new right wing buyer, he needs to show he can be just as bigoted as any other cartoonist and justify his immense wages.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings on the UK’s mortgage crisis – Struggling mortgage holders will be given a 12-month grace period before repossession proceedings begin, as part of measures agreed with banks and building societies after the Bank of England raised its key interest rate to 5%"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg ‘agree to cage fight’ in Las Vegas

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Rishi Sunak attempts to slay the inflation Jabberwocky – Beware the jaws that bite, prime minister!"

Sunday Telegraph:

Wagner boss will move to Belarus under deal to withdraw troops

Matt:

Sunday Times:

gently caress Off Mac:

‘Be honest with mummy, Susan. What have you done with next door’s chihuahua?’