Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol if you think canada is going to be any better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Dixon Chisholm posted:

he got revved up by lizzo. tahts basically grooming

lol revved up are you from the 1970s?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
reddits doing the blackout thing now its v funny

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

a few years ago i was planning to become a vet nurse, but then i remembered the vets always make the nurses have the "$5000 on the spot or you'll never see your cat again" conversation with customers

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

anime was right posted:

reddits doing the blackout thing now its v funny

They gave Reddit an end date for their posting strike.

🤣

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

err posted:

🤣

fail

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VivianKesandre/status/1667666522087604235?t=B1uWvcNsI-CJRnwU8XDckg&s=19

PFC

Pittsburgh Formed Czechoslovakia

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’m Slovak so this tracks

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

skooma512 posted:

I’ve accepted that my parents and I cannot save enough to get them proper care. whatever we do it’ll cost that plus 50% more, they’ll just take it all.

one of the benefits of having my parents die youngish is that i dont have to worry about this

:smith:

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I’m Slovak so this tracks
*updates the spreadsheet*

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Dixon Chisholm posted:

one of the benefits of having my parents die youngish is that i dont have to worry about this

my wife and I are down 2 parents but up 3 assisted living siblings. it will be solved by winning the lottery

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Dixon Chisholm posted:

:smith: :fistbump:

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

the number of creepy "jokes" about killing elderly people on this site has escalated steadily over the past few years. (not just in cspam, all over.) aside from chuds, they're the only group it's fine to joke about killing. as always, this place reflects society and "it's ironic!" is a transparent defense.

the way society is now, people have to choose between their parents and their children. nobody except the ultra-rich can afford to take care of both. it's interesting to see how non-white people from allistic cultures are rising to the challenge - better than white people from what i can see, but still struggling desperately. communities are going to live or die depending on whether they understand the importance of keeping grandparents alive and have the ability to do so.

a strange fowl has issued a correction as of 23:53 on Jun 11, 2023

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

a strange fowl posted:

the number of creepy "jokes" about killing elderly people on this site has escalated steadily over the past few years. (not just in cspam, all over.) aside from chuds, they're the only group it's fine to joke about killing. as always, this place reflects society and "it's ironic!" is a transparent defense.

the way society is now, people have to choose between their parents and their children. nobody except the ultra-rich can afford to take care of both. it's interesting to see how non-white people from allistic cultures are rising to the challenge - better than white people from what i can see, but still struggling desperately. communities are going to live or die depending on whether they understand the importance of keeping grandparents alive and have the ability to do so.

Looks like meemaw got herself an account

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
My mom has become a straight-up doomer with orders to help her shuffle off if it gets to the point where we're eating cat food or staring down a wildfire.

It feels fuckin great let me tell ya

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Homeless Friend posted:

i was thinking of xaris reddit shorting because the reddit third party apps are being owned by new api pricing (monetizing public post ftw)

wtf is a public post? The public doesn't own Reddit, its all private servers. Your tax dollars aren't going towards big tits with big dicks anime posts.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

how does one "plan" to go without running water for a year or more? like do i need to have some well-digging equipment in the garage next to the power drill?

im going to drop a cartoonish stick of tnt down a pre-drilled well and plug my ears. the falling sound effect will happen for 10 seconds, I'll look down the well to see what's happening, then my face will be blown up and my hair will go back and be charred and then that sweet glorious unpolluted water will fill the well. this is my climate apocalypse plan

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

wtf is a public post? The public doesn't own Reddit, its all private servers. Your tax dollars aren't going towards big tits with big dicks anime posts.

reddit doesn't create content op, the public as in a commons, not the government

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Homeless Friend posted:

reddit doesn't create content op, the public as in a commons, not the government

Users of reddit are creating content for a private company. At least youtube pays you once your content is popular enough.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
pulling up to the job site and telling the boss how long the strike will last (2 days)

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1667386982656253952

:getin:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

aren’t most of them supposed to die

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Oh no!

Anyway....

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

good time to get a lightly used aeron chair from your local used office furniture warehouse

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

a strange fowl posted:

thank christ i have both my children and my parents alive to help stave off the worst effects of climate cha....oh

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

a strange fowl posted:

the number of creepy "jokes" about killing elderly people on this site has escalated steadily over the past few years

what

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/JayShams/status/1667896580601524224
Lol

Lmao

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

err posted:

🤣

If the various moderators don't make the posting strike brief, they risk their users going to other places. This devalues their status as Unpaid Internet Janitors or something.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
crypto ftw?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

aren’t most of them supposed to die

no

you are supposed to debut a bespoke portable pizza oven delivery service (with bluetooth) over a period of years with a bunch of parties and VC meetings where everyone feels important. You get 100,000,000$ to hire some people and make some prototypes so an even bigger chump pays $500,000,000 so the first VC triples their money and the founders buy mansions.

The dream is to somehow keep getting paid billions of dollars without ever having a business that turns a profit.

startups facing reality and failing is the complete opposite of how the entire VC economy has been working.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Rectal Death Adept posted:

no

you are supposed to debut a bespoke portable pizza oven delivery service (with bluetooth) over a period of years with a bunch of parties and VC meetings where everyone feels important. You get 100,000,000$ to hire some people and make some prototypes so an even bigger chump pays $500,000,000 so the first VC triples their money and the founders buy mansions.

The dream is to somehow keep getting paid billions of dollars without ever having a business that turns a profit.

startups facing reality and failing is the complete opposite of how the entire VC economy has been working.*

*Since 2009, before then it was just for those not in the club

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i ain't gonna ever have kids so you bet your rear end my retirement plan is basically just a suicide plan once i can't work any longer

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

silicone thrills posted:

good time to get a lightly used aeron chair from your local used office furniture warehouse

I need a new thinkpad come on corporate IT departments do your thing!

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

my retirement plan is once I hit 60 I'll start smoking unfiltered cigarettes, get my sky diving license, have unprotected sex with hookers, buy an ariel atom, do daily speedballs, and join a fight club. things will work themselves out

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Shipon posted:

i ain't gonna ever have kids so you bet your rear end my retirement plan is basically just a suicide plan once i can't work any longer

give homelessness a chance. you meet interesting people

19 o'clock posted:

I need a new thinkpad come on corporate IT departments do your thing!

thinkpads have their ram soldered on which prevents upgrading

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/greenTetra_/status/1668034893140434944?t=IO1oOvPzuzoMLYiTg4U3lw&s=19

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Oglethorpe posted:

thinkpads have their ram soldered on which prevents upgrading

I’ve never had that issue. T series supremacy.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Maed posted:

my retirement plan is once I hit 60 I'll start smoking unfiltered cigarettes, get my sky diving license, have unprotected sex with hookers, buy an ariel atom, do daily speedballs, and join a fight club. things will work themselves out

im starting that right now so if u make a note of the time and date of this post and the time and date when i stop posting u can use that data for budgeting

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bold of you to assume ill live long enough to retire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

bold of you to assume ill live long enough to retire

Reversal of fortune: you will live to age 80, but the US retirement age is 82 at that point.