Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

keep punching joe posted:

The price of the toys and merch has really increased in recent years. Just Google 'my little pony inflation' and see for yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

BonHair posted:

He wasn't really using his carpentry skills much though, at least not in the Bible stories. He absolutely did his doomsday culting unskilled.

Edit: I don't even think he made his own cross

ArmZ posted:

carrying the cross would technically be unskilled labor

Hatebag posted:

A teamster heckling jesus as a scab

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

There's a pretty legitimate-sounding theory that the word for "carpenter" could just as easily have been translated as "construction worker" which would've been more about rocks and stuff. Which seems more likely for the time & place, and also explains why he used like a million rock-related metaphors but basically zero woodworking metaphors.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

a lot of historical figures were secretly masons :tinfoil:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

The ol' applebees suck n gently caress is a weapon of mass destruction

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sir Lemming posted:

There's a pretty legitimate-sounding theory that the word for "carpenter" could just as easily have been translated as "construction worker" which would've been more about rocks and stuff. Which seems more likely for the time & place, and also explains why he used like a million rock-related metaphors but basically zero woodworking metaphors.

This means Jesus was canonically jacked

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sir Lemming posted:

And also how he managed to roll away that stone.

E: I'm now picturing Jesus rising and thinking "thank me the apostles couldn't afford a decently constructed tomb, I don't fancy spending the next three days in here".

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

E: I'm now picturing Jesus rising and thinking "thank me the apostles couldn't afford a decently constructed tomb, I don't fancy spending the next three days in here".

Emerging from the tomb and the first thing he says is "I spotted five code violations on the first day alone you dumbasses"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jedit posted:

Probably planned well ahead. Never build a tomb you couldn't escape from yourself in an emergency. :eng101:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

haveblue posted:

Emerging from the tomb and the first thing he says is "I spotted five code violations on the first day alone you dumbasses"
"Well time for my soul to- oh hell no they are not leaving my mortal shell in that pile of crap fuckit I'm taking it with me"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

In my retelling of the story Jesus was entombed in the cave still on the cross and when he came to he used the crossbar as a fulcrum and the long piece as a lever to move the boulder to teach us all the value of understanding how simple machines can make work easier.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Whereas Barabas the user experience designer was just thoroughly hosed.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lobok posted:

In my retelling of the story Jesus was entombed in the cave still on the cross and when he came to he used the crossbar as a fulcrum and the long piece as a lever to move the boulder to teach us all the value of understanding how simple machines can make work easier.
Same but afterwards he flexed really hard and said "I am the fulcrum show me your lever" and then he and Thomas start making out.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Jesus the disgruntled OSHA inspector making a lot of sense. No wonder they wanted him gone, think of all the violations he coulda written up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Give me that back, Simon, you're not certified for it

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Thomas doubted until he saw the holes in Jesus' hands. Jesus said unto him "And this is why we don't gently caress around with the powder-actuated nail gun."

E: slightly disappointed that the BBcode color tag doesn't seem to work.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Splicer posted:

Same but afterwards he flexed really hard and said "I am the fulcrum show me your lever" and then he and Thomas start making out.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Username/post combo, also lol we are so hosed

Carbon dioxide posted:

These might literally be the most awful graphs I've ever seen in my life.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Sorry you couldn't button mash your way through the Additions. Dragoon is Good.
The problem a recurring problem with LoD is that the combat is boring as hell, and like most JRPGs there is a shitload of it.

LoD tries to do some interesting stuff with its items, but since you are limited to 32 consumables -- not 32 stacks, not 32 of each item, 32 individual items including healing and utility consumables -- you'll be using those sparingly outside of bossfights.

It has spells, but -- setting aside how anemic the spell list is in general -- they're only accessible in dragoon mode, and mana is hard to restore, so those are also a mostly-only-in-boss-fights thing. So the vast majority of the time you are just going to be spamming basic attacks in combat -- or using Defend, which doesn't just reduce incoming damage but also restores some health, giving you a (very, very tedious) alternative source of healing to stretch out your powerful but extremely limited supply of healing items.

Additions could have made this less boring, maybe even engendering a Xenoears-style system where there's no such thing as "a basic attack", constantly switching up your moves based on what you're fighting; but you can't switch them in-combat, so in practice you're going to be seeing the same ones over and over again. The only things that differentiate them are the damage bonus and the SP gain, so even when you can switch them, the only choice is between "most damage" or "most power", or sometimes "the one I'm still leveling up that will become the new most damage/power" -- and every character eventually learns one that's strictly better than all of their others, so hope you like using that and only that for the rest of the game. None of them have interesting side effects that make them worth considering apart from the raw damage/SP numbers, either, although some of the names make me wonder if they were meant to have elemental affinities or status effect riders or the like earlier in development and that feature got cut.

It feels like a game that tried to do something different, but most of the things they did different just didn't work very well.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Slimy Hog posted:

I know nothing about anything but here's my tske:

Reddit is something like 17 years old at this point, the VCs are trying to force an exit so they can cash out and least recoup losses and at best make some money on their investment.

ikanreed posted:

I'm surprised there are still redditors interested in reddit at 17

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This means Jesus was canonically jacked

some guy wrote a few paragraphs about how jacked jesus must have been and im pretty sure was getting all hot and bothered by it

Splicer posted:

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 19:05 on Jun 12, 2023

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Milo and POTUS posted:

some guy wrote a few paragraphs about how jacked jesus must have been and im pretty sure was getting all hot and bothered by it

Not so much doubting as curious

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Legend of Dragoon is bad, but in a good way

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dameius posted:

Jesus the disgruntled OSHA inspector making a lot of sense. No wonder they wanted him gone, think of all the violations he coulda written up.

He literally has that whole parable about building your house on sand and all.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This isn’t a funny forum quote, just Mark 3, NIV.

quote:

20 Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. 21 When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.”

22 And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.”

23 So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26 And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. 27 In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house. 28 Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

Jesus knows a thing or two about B&E.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Christ was fuckin epic, reverse the perma

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
it was reversed three days after it was put in

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

That DICK! posted:

Christ was fuckin epic, reverse the perma

People keep saying that he'll be back any day now, but I doubt you'll like it when he shows up.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

perma'd for ban evasion three days after the hammer dropped, deserved imo

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
He wasn't permad it was a 17,520,000 probation. It expired a while back but :shrug:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Might not be the best idea to send him to the Leper's Colony.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Platystemon posted:

This isn’t a funny forum quote, just Mark 3, NIV.

Jesus knows a thing or two about B&E.

The teachers of law make a really good point tho. Jesus, less so.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sir Lemming posted:

Might not be the best idea to send him to the Leper's Colony.

lol yeah that would get messy

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
if anyone needs Jesus, it's those guys.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My favorite thing about the bible is the one apostle talking poo poo. John makes sure everyone knows he outran Peter to the tomb. No real need to know that detail, just tossing it in there to let people know Peter ain't poo poo at running.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Three times! He's such a petty bicth.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My favorite thing about the bible is the one apostle talking poo poo. John makes sure everyone knows he outran Peter to the tomb. No real need to know that detail, just tossing it in there to let people know Peter ain't poo poo at running.

John repeatedly refers to “the disciple whom Jesus loved”.

No points for guessing who that is supposed to be.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Platystemon posted:

John repeatedly refers to “the disciple whom Jesus loved”.

No points for guessing who that is supposed to be.

Mary Magdalene! :can:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

"And lo I got to Jesus' cave before Peter.

And to the tomb, too."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tekopo posted:

You make a good point