Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Camrath posted:

I use business drop-and-go so I just print off the labels, pay money into the account and hand over a bag of parcels.

However my village post office is very small indeed, so they might get a bit snowed under!

Give the post office some fudge to smooth over relations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Give them weed fudge

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Related: https://twitter.com/Marc_Smi7h/status/1488845826571046918

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1668178929234898944?t=bvUks96mP_y89ylV18t7Bw&s=19

Boris being too lazy to resign as an MP is just :discourse:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
berlusconi is dead :toot:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

keep punching joe posted:

My god, the hits keep coming this month, don't they!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Grey Hunter posted:

My god, the hits keep coming this month, don't they!

Holding out hope for Piss Moron to be properly and indisputably implicated in the phone hacking stuff.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Spicy rumour going round that the 29 year old nobody , who graduated in 2015 and has done nothing of any note or merit, that Boris has inexplicably put in the House of Lords is actually his secret daughter

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

smellmycheese posted:

Spicy rumour going round that the 29 year old nobody , who graduated in 2015 and has done nothing of any note or merit, that Boris has inexplicably put in the House of Lords is actually his secret daughter

She's his former spad. Which means it's basically certain that he hosed her, probably made her have an abortion, and all while Carrie was pregnant, and now he's paying her off for silence.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

That would make him the first PM in over a generation to use the Lords as intended, as a cesspit of nepotism rather than a cesspit of business corruption.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

That would make him the first PM in over a generation to use the Lords as intended, as a cesspit of nepotism rather than a cesspit of business corruption.

David Lloyd George's corpse is smiling now

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I would have sex with Boris Johnson for a life peerage. Easy money.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yeah but you only get £330 per day. You'd have to turn up 5 or 6 times a month just to afford London rent! So much work

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah but you only get £330 per day. You'd have to turn up 5 or 6 times a month just to afford London rent! So much work

Turn up at 8, go in for prayers, spend the rest of the day in the subsidised bar/canteen. Take the occasional bribe from gambling/oil/tobacco/healthcare lobbyists. What a life.

Though the lords sat for 152 days in 21/22 so for full attendance only 48k, maybe not worth it when you factor in housing costs. Do they give you a flat?

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 12, 2023

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

My wargaming club meets in the village hall of Brightwell cum Sotwell, the village he's just got his new mansion in, so we now live in terror* of him wandering in. Please do not heap moral choices on us as well.
But the place is cheap for a hall for all day in south Oxfordshire, so we're not moving, even if we do bring the average age of the village down by a decade when we meet.

*of what we'd do

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jedit posted:

She's his former spad. Which means it's basically certain that he hosed her, probably made her have an abortion, and all while Carrie was pregnant, and now he's paying her off for silence.

This is the Tories we're talking about so that's not mutually exclusive.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Turn up at 8, go in for prayers, spend the rest of the day in the subsidised bar/canteen. Take the occasional bribe from gambling/oil/tobacco/healthcare lobbyists. What a life.

I'd certainly not turn down a peerage if Rishi wants more working class/precariat representation in the Upper Chamber

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

https://twitter.com/Mr_Considerate/status/1668185392137269248

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Loro is a good movie.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"You're gonna need a bigot boat"

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I really hope the Farage thing ends up being like a 12 hour Live Stream where they find nothing except the odd Seagull.

"Look the only reason we couldn't find any boats full of migrants is because they must be using stealth technology! This just proves we are right!"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
No he totally saw a boat in the distance. And because it wasn't covered in union jacks and blasting Rule, Britannia from the foghorn it must be a foreign boat, and therefore illegal.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Guavanaut posted:

He criticizes boats but he himself is using a boat!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Guavanaut posted:

where's bob geldof's flotilla when you need it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Never Forget

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
hope those orcas attack farage's boat

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I worry that eating Farage might have the same effect on an orca as when people flick cigarette butts into carp ponds.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lol

https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1668149959491739649?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'WHICH PARTY'S MANIFESTO WILL LOOK MOST LIKE THE 2016 VOTE LEAVE AND 2019 TORY OFFER?'...and I'll look down and whisper 'Ours.'

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
The Labour party needs to be a grown up party. Let's be sensible about this: the Tories won in 2019. I am not afraid to do the pragmatic thing - adopt Tory policies and prejudices - to win the next election. That is what this Labour party must do to protect the country from this shambolic Tory government.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Margaret Hodges is back in the news giving an interview to Matt The Chortle about how Corbyn is a big ol racist.

Anyway, here's Margaret Hodges saying there's too much "changing faces" in London in front of a white audience.

https://twitter.com/StevePowers_/status/1668213510247948288?t=DICaJHHsMz5fS0sKEIn3xA&s=19

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/birdwoman1966/status/1668189806692630528?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Could be both

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Welp, my workroom is now full of a double stack of parcels as tall as I am- for the record I’ve not had this many online orders in one go since Christmas 2021.

All orders received thus far will be shipping out in an hour or two. And thank you again, goons. So very much. Ngl, it was seriously looking like I’d have to fold in the near future and now that’s not on the cards at all!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Going by Wikipedia but she really doesn't seem to have done much of note:

Wiki posted:

Owen graduated from the University of York in 2015, gaining a 2:1 in Politics and International Relations. She worked as an intern and parliamentary assistant, before becoming a special adviser in an unknown role under the prime ministers Boris Johnson and Liz Truss. Owen worked 50% for Boris Johnson, and 50% for the Chief Whip and Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury, Chris Heaton-Harris. At the time, there was much speculation, given her modest achievements, as to what significant contribution to British society was made to justify the ennoblement.

First True Millenial Lord.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I love wikipedia things like "at the time" being used to mean "right this second"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Grey Hunter posted:

My wargaming club meets in the village hall of Brightwell cum Sotwell, the village he's just got his new mansion in, so we now live in terror* of him wandering in.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Legitimately thought for a moment there that farage was gonna sail over on a boat from france to prove a point.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Nettle Soup posted:

Legitimately thought for a moment there that farage was gonna sail over on a boat from france to prove a point.

How odd, I suddenly find myself supporting the idea of the Royal Navy sinking small boats in the Channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I could imagine him trying, but I'm not sure it would prove the point that he thinks it would. Other than "boats are capable of travelling across bodies of water" and "nobody can be bothered checking the passports of irl troll Nigel Farage and his camera crew of provocateurs, because unfortunately everyone knows he's allowed here."

It's not like you need a licence to operate a boat in open water (you do in the Thames though, I wonder if he got paperwork for that stunt).