Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

roomtone posted:

people say JP crumbles if you get in close but so far he just smacks me with that fuckin cane

Yeah there will always be the "Just use your kit" types of responses, but I'm going to admit that there are some characters that are going to have a harder time than others. JP's at his most frustrating when you get in and he uses his cane to bat you back to mid-screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Daigo is cool, he's streaming on his twitch at the moment. He plays Ken, I play Ken, pretty much the same stuff. I'm bronze, he's master tier, but we're peas in a pod.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Triarii posted:

My life was flashing before my eyes here

The man had a plan and by god he was gonna stick to it

Hey, at least you DI'd back basically as soon as you could, better than me who never remembers it exists.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Pockyless posted:

Check your replays where you dropped it. If you hit the button on the downforward input instead of the forward input, a crouch normal will come out instead of the special.

Il check them out tomorrow, if this is the only cause shouldn't I be experiencing the same thing when comboing into Jamie rekas or Ryu fireballs?

The most likely option is that I'm bad and the truth lies in the heart of the training mode input display

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Does anyone have any tips for canceling Lmk into drive rush? I'm practicing it on Juri and the timing seems super tight. Can I buffer it or anything?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Triarii posted:

My life was flashing before my eyes here

The man had a plan and by god he was gonna stick to it

Strong "good ol' rock, nothing beats that!" Energy from that person.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
just tried deejay for a couple minutes...jesus christ he's so much stronger than kimberly. 3k damage just for HP+bqc HK i might have to give other characters a try, kimberly has to work hard for damage a lot of people can do in a single move. i doubt i'll ever be a crazy combo guy so maybe playing a crazy combo character isn't the best idea.

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Yeah there will always be the "Just use your kit" types of responses, but I'm going to admit that there are some characters that are going to have a harder time than others. JP's at his most frustrating when you get in and he uses his cane to bat you back to mid-screen.

JPs frame data around his moves on block makes me feel like there's something there? His Light Staff swing (which is his quickest to come out and the usual go to) is -10 on block. It's -8 on the medium version which is the only other version that can be used to combo, and thus the usual go-to.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

So the fight pass is 250 fight coins for the premium, which then if you complete it gives you 250 fight coins so you can grab the next one. Not really useful until I have an idea of how much work 'completing' it is though, I suppose.
I'd rather that there just wasn't a battle pass at all, but I'm fine with it I guess - mostly because there's very little in there that I care about.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i like that there's at least some kind of reward for the kudos points, anyway. unlocking a couple free hours with DLC characters for later is a plus, and whatever else they add.

the actual stuff in the premium pass looks like alotta junk though but i'd rather that be junk than tempting.

i take the it premium fight pass only applies for the current one they have running and not the ones that will come later?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
That's what the fighter coins at the very end of the premium track are supposed to entice you into - if you grind enough kudos, you'll have enough FC to afford the next battle pass "free" (since it's 250 each time). If you don't, you'll have to pay again.
It's 9500 kudos to reach the end of the unique prizes, and then 14500 total for all the FC. So you'll have to earn an extra 5000 over the regular track - less than double, but more than 1.5x.

Besides daily/weekly/monthly Challenges which offer hundreds of kudos per item, you get a stream of kudos from playing the game.

Ways to earn Kudos posted:

Arcade – 35-50 per run, dependent on performance
Versus – 5 per match
Combo Trials – 5 per completed trial
Extreme Battle – 5 per match
Ranked Match – 30 per match (win or lose)
Casual Match – 30 per match (win or lose)
Character Guides – 10 per Character Guide
Training – 1 per combo performed
World Tour – 1-10 per win while using each character’s battling style and depending on the opponent’s level; these are given after battles with anyone in the open world and story.
Custom Room – 10 per match (win or loss)
Without a single kudos Challenge helping out, it looks like you'd need about 484 ranked/casual matches by July 2nd to max out the premium track (or 317 for the free track). But that's 20 days of Challenges, too, which should shave off thousands of points if you can keep up with it. I'm not a fan of battle passes, but all of this is pretty extraneous at least. You might save some dollars on the roms over buying them for Capcom Arcade Stadium if you can keep the Battle Pass rolling, I guess?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

loling a little at the one (1) training combo kudo

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I accidentally left a coffee cup on top of the A button on my controller while I was in Arcade mode and left for 3 hours. When I returned I had 500 extra Kudos.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

going to put the fear of god into these scrubs by grinding out the battle pass solely with luke target combos

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Jack Trades posted:

I accidentally left a coffee cup on top of the A button on my controller while I was in Arcade mode and left for 3 hours. When I returned I had 500 extra Kudos.

Some people do folding@home. You're a different kind of hero.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Vermain posted:

does jumping out of knockdown cancel command grabs? the specific situation was degage -> manege dore where it felt like i had no opportunity to get out of the wakeup before manege hit, since i wasn't doing backwards recovery to get out of range in time

Slightly old post but to be clear about what's happening here, the startup on jump is unthrowable so the instant you wake up and gain control of your character you can jump, and the instant you begin to jump, you can't be thrown, and throws can't be combo'd into (with very few exceptions) so if you are throwable you can always escape a throw

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If I input a special move with the same motion as the canceled super, can that carry over? Like, if I do 214KK, can I just follow up with 214K to get a 214214K super?

Yep, that's the easiest way to cancel a special into a super. If it feels like it sometimes doesn't work, you're probably waiting too long to do the second quarter circle - generally the input should feel like 214K214K, like you're trying to input just the super but also throwing a K in the middle.

Note that if you do this too quickly, it's possible to cancel the normal you're doing into the super before the special comes out. Give it some practice in training mode - easy string to practice it with is Ryu's 2MK, Hadoken, Shin Shoryuken.

Bleck fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 12, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Christ.
Playing Guile when the opponent has even a minimal life advantage is a special kind of hell.

They can just parry all of your projectiles for free and good luck trying to zone and still come out drive positive out of it.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Jack Trades posted:

Playing Guile ... is a special kind of hell.

Schnitzler
Jul 28, 2006
Toilet Rascal

Bleck posted:

Yep, that's the easiest way to cancel a special into a super. If it feels like it sometimes doesn't work, you're probably waiting too long to do the second quarter circle - generally the input should feel like 214K214K, like you're trying to input just the super but also throwing a K in the middle.

Note that if you do this too quickly, it's possible to cancel the normal you're doing into the super before the special comes out. Give it some practice in training mode - easy string to practice it with is Ryu's 2MK, Hadoken, Shinku Hadoken.

I think you mean 2MK, Hadoken, Shin Shoryuken. Shinku Hadoken is the Lvl 1 super and you can't cancel a special into lvl 1 as far as I know.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Schnitzler posted:

I think you mean 2MK, Hadoken, Shin Shoryuken. Shinku Hadoken is the Lvl 1 super and you can't cancel a special into lvl 1 as far as I know.

That is what I meant, thank you!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Today I worked on incorporating buffering cr.MP into 236LP as JP to shunt opponents back into my zoning and I'm fairly sure doing that alone propelled me through the rest of my Bronze ranks and up into Silver 2.

Tomorrow: Remembering that I have supers, and using them. Though I did get a great KO with my Level 3 SA on a Dee Jay by just waiting until he inevitably backed off to try and throw air slashers at me.

Mode 7 fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 12, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jack Trades posted:

Christ.
Playing Guile when the opponent has even a minimal life advantage is a special kind of hell.

They can just parry all of your projectiles for free and good luck trying to zone and still come out drive positive out of it.

Yeah it's been tough trying to get my brain out of the "You'll die to chip damage eventually from a zoner so you need to get in there and do some damage" mentality I've had for 30 years. I did my ranking matches with Guile and ugh got placed into Gold, the few matches I did after were not Gold worthy heh

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Christ.

All the Japanese pros are ranking Guile as S-tier, and I'm not sure why. He's not bad, but he's very... honest. No throw loops in the corner, no real frame traps (only F+HP is positive on block), etc. Unlike most other characters in the game he has no robbery potential, so you'll have to win the old-fashioned way: chucking booms, flash kicking jump-ins and counter-poking.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

gotta say, the world tour credits sequence is really well done i got a kick out of seeing it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I discovered my new favorite feature.

Titles that you get from ending people's win-streaks in Battle Hub coupled with the billboard that show you current win-streak holders.

Here comes the robber man!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

In related news, I wholly recommend the Hori Octa. I have been absolutely making GBS threads on ranked matches since I got it. I may even closet my old stick.

How’s the dpad on that thing (if I’ve got the right one)? Or in general what do you like about it? I’m looking to switch from a series x controller but not ready to spend for a fancy stick or hit box yet.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Lichtenstein posted:

Are they using a command grab, and timing it right for your wakeup?

No, just lp+lk throw

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I discovered my new favorite feature.

Titles that you get from ending people's win-streaks in Battle Hub coupled with the billboard that show you current win-streak holders.

Here comes the robber man!

Ohhhh is that why people are doing it? I thought it was just a fun kinda thing, but it makes sense if there's a reward

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

No, just lp+lk throw

Instead of mashing, which will mess up if you're mashing slower than at least 7 times a second, instead try timing it with your wake-up.
You can even tap it really quickly a couple of times on wake-up just to make sure.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

In my case, I just played absurdly aggressive as Manon. He spent one or two few rounds spamming his zone attacks, but I was able to get in and not even let him attack.

In related news, I wholly recommend the Hori Octa. I have been absolutely making GBS threads on ranked matches since I got it. I may even closet my old stick.

Sleng Teng posted:

How’s the dpad on that thing (if I’ve got the right one)? Or in general what do you like about it? I’m looking to switch from a series x controller but not ready to spend for a fancy stick or hit box yet.

I was looking at getting one but can't seem to find a place to buy one. All of the listings on ebay are for the Japanese version, which I'm not sure is compatible with a US PS5. All the listings have little asterisks that "Compatibility not guaranteed"

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012
Whilst we're talking about sticks and controllers, the Hori Fighting Edge is a beautiful thing and I'm extremely happy that I purchased it. The thing I wan to do though is hang it from my wall on my peg board but I can't seem to find mounts for it.

Anyone know any? Thingiverse links welcomed.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

TNS has their next bracket up: https://www.start.gg/tournament/tns-street-fighter-6-2-crossplay

One nice thing is that they've also got a 0-2 bracket scheduled for the next day. So if you sign up and go 0-2, there's a follow up bracket that might be a little easier.

Honestly though just getting the tournament experience is fun, and TNS usually runs pretty smoothly so I'd totally recommend entering it

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Schnitzler posted:

unless the special moves explicitly allows it, like the prayer-charged thousand hand slaps from honda's target combo that blats your opponent like a basketball and lets you follow up with the level 1 super (probably not ideal but god is it a satisfying combo)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Is there a guide to grinding out Masters/their outfits? I can find their preferred gift easy enough, but I'm not sure if there's a way to easily get all the EXP/currency required

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Artelier posted:

Is there a guide to grinding out Masters/their outfits? I can find their preferred gift easy enough, but I'm not sure if there's a way to easily get all the EXP/currency required

You don't need any XP to get the costumes. You just need 100 relationship which is slightly less than 20 preferred gifts.
Best way to grind the money is to eat the part-time job reward food and do some Scrap Yard, over and over and over.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Artelier posted:

If you just care about outfits you don't need any XP, style rank is different than Bond rank.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if you DO want the exp to unlock the moves, the most optimal method is to slam your dick in the car door that is beating up the non-hostile NPCs in the final area outside of the arena until you get sick of the game. The experience rates fall off a cliff post-50 or so. Don't forget to order the exp foods on your phone.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

if you DO want the exp to unlock the moves, the most optimal method is to slam your dick in the car door that is beating up the non-hostile NPCs in the final area outside of the arena until you get sick of the game. The experience rates fall off a cliff post-50 or so. Don't forget to order the exp foods on your phone.

Also fight the guy next to Ryu in Japan whenever you can since he's got massive XP bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Double Bill posted:

All the Japanese pros are ranking Guile as S-tier, and I'm not sure why. He's not bad, but he's very... honest. No throw loops in the corner, no real frame traps (only F+HP is positive on block), etc. Unlike most other characters in the game he has no robbery potential, so you'll have to win the old-fashioned way: chucking booms, flash kicking jump-ins and counter-poking.

i think cheap bullshit gets a lot less valuable at higher levels of play because every character has access to the cheapest bullshit (drive rush and drive rush +frames for relatively little drive gauge cost, and perfect parrying) if you're playing at a high enough level.