Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

WarpedLichen posted:

Got into world tier 4 at level 63 - kinda rough going but should I tough it out?

American McGay posted:

Poke your head around for sure, maybe look for a world event that has other people around to carry you. The jump in power of ancestral gear is pretty huge compared to sacred, so if you can find just a couple pieces it will start to snowball.

Yeah if you can find Ancestral versions of whatever your main weapons are, even if the mods aren't good the raw DPS bonus is almost guaranteed to make it a huge upgrade. I had the same experience going to WT4 but once you get your damage up to par you'll kill stuff faster, die less, and be rolling in full Ancestral in no time. The extra XP is also very much worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

orphean posted:

:skeltal: Necropinons :skeltal:

I agree. One thing in particular I'd like is a more fun key passive. It's probably inactive the majority of the time, which feels really dumb.

At this point I do most of my damage with corpse explosion in my minion build. I tried really hard to take every single minion buffing thing, grabbing the minion paragon board, etc. But like two CE uniques and some bonus skill points in it and it does insanely more damage than my little guys. Who do kill things! It's not yet like in d3 where your non max buffed skills just tickle the enemy. But they would take a really long time to kill an elite pack.

I'd also like the skeletal mages to be smart enough to run into barriers...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So, if you collect them all, you get what, 70+ to every base stat? That's killer for the beginning of the game but, and I guess I could've checked this yesterday but I didn't, what are you looking at for your primary stat when you hit 50

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I don't get the necro hate. Aren't all classes pretty much stuck with little variation when pushing high tier dungeons?

I'm just glad I managed to drop corpse explosion from my build, I hated how that would black out the entire screen.

I think the main issue with Necro is that in high T4 dungeons, the game turns into “keep your unstoppables handy or get CC’d to death” which Necro has incredibly limited answers too.
I kind of wonder if the devs thought having minions hold aggro would be the answer to this but it seems they are really, really not great at doing that in T4.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

WarpedLichen posted:

Got into world tier 4 at level 63 - kinda rough going but should I tough it out?

Pro tip do helltide in wt3 then switch to wt4 and turn in the mystery boxes.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Kaldaris posted:

I thought after reading through all the discussion about meta builds, I'd offer up my own decidedly non meta build.

Has Edgemaster's been reenabled? In case you weren't aware there was a bugged interaction with it & Whirlwind that let barbs 1-hit the level 100 final boss, and they temporarily completely disabled all its effects so it does literally nothing. I didn't see an announcement that it was turned back on, maybe I missed it though

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I think the main issue with Necro is that in high T4 dungeons, the game turns into “keep your unstoppables handy or get CC’d to death” which Necro has incredibly limited answers too.
I kind of wonder if the devs thought having minions hold aggro would be the answer to this but it seems they are really, really not great at doing that in T4.

Like level 80, 90+ right? I'm only level 75 doing tier 25 and it feels like low level grifts at this point. I dunno how much they scale.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Shredder posted:

just use https://d4planner.io/map, pick one area and only show the shrines, have fun exploring.

Can anyone answer this? I'm currently level 60 with ~700-725 item level. I've unlocked T4 but I get smoked by elites, normal trash I can kill fine. I have zero interest in grinding out 10 levels just to get to the next gear tier.

I'm 63 and getting ancestral poo poo in wt4 which is like 800+ ilvl

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

zoux posted:

So, if you collect them all, you get what, 70+ to every base stat? That's killer for the beginning of the game but, and I guess I could've checked this yesterday but I didn't, what are you looking at for your primary stat when you hit 50

Once you hit 50 you unlock Paragon, and every yellow node on the board has an improved effect that comes online when you meet a certain stat threshold -- for example, "10% damage, 5% damage reduction. If you have 170 strength, get another 10% damage" -- so regardless of the base benefits of those stats, you basically want as much of everything as possible in order to enable those secondary paragon node effects. Every class has nodes that require every stat,so it's not like Rogue just wants Dex or whatever.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
helltides are like the best place to find upgrades & exp, if it werent for paragon glyphs i probably would not even run that many sigils since im tired of the limited selection of dungeons

and yeah your paragon board will tell you the stats you'll want with the bonuses on rare nodes, and secondary will be whatever stats are adjacent to glyphs that you require to activate the glyph

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

SHISHKABOB posted:

Like level 80, 90+ right? I'm only level 75 doing tier 25 and it feels like low level grifts at this point. I dunno how much they scale.

Yeah, starting at around 80 CC gets more and more brutal and keeps going up. Actually from what I under stand (I’m only 68 myself) the main challenge at those levels isn’t doing enough damage like in high D3 rifts but actually staying alive long enough to keep momentum up.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

TyrantWD posted:

It is a long way off being a GOTY candidate. It is a solid 7.5/10, or 8/10 game if you are being generous. There are some good bones to build on in future expansions, but the game feels very unfinished, has taken a step back from D3 somehow when it comes to the UI, class design, and skill choice. The game is also quite buggy once you get off the main story quest line. I finished the reknown grind this weekend and I can't tell you how many times I had to look up a quest online because I thought I was missing something and it turned out its just a bug.

They also need to overhaul the dungeon system. Instead of plowing through monsters until you get to the boss, the little objectives they setup have you backtracking through empty space, or going through the entire thing to find the one little anima orb you didn't pick up that was partially hidden, and because elites have to drop multiple orbs even though there is a fixed number of them you have to kill anyway.

There is so much pointless fluff that needs to be cut away, and a bunch of things probably won't be addressed until we get an expansion.

I don't really knock Blizzard on the balance side of things. It is hard to get right, and you will probably never achieve a balanced game, but they don't give me a lot of hope with the way they have been handling things on that front.

Just say you love D3.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Sloober posted:

helltides are like the best place to find upgrades & exp

ruins of eribu

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I'm confident this will be the ARPG of the year. Zelda is overall GOTY probably, on PC it might be Starfield depending on how hosed it is at launch (I'm really looking forward to fun Bethesda bugs IN SPACE).

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

orphean posted:

They are totally viable to run at T4. However, they just aren't very efficient. Damage is lackluster at best, but the biggest thing at least in my opinion is that they are annoying to play when target management is critical.

I dunno man, that isn't making a great case for them being totally viable.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

rap music posted:

ruins of eribu

i already hate repeating sigil dungeons i'm not gonna start doing the same one over and over lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kaysette posted:

I'm confident this will be the ARPG of the year. Zelda is overall GOTY probably, on PC it might be Starfield depending on how hosed it is at launch (I'm really looking forward to fun Bethesda bugs IN SPACE).

This game will live or die on how the season(s) play out and I just know they’re going to massively gently caress those up somehow.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Sloober posted:

i already hate repeating sigil dungeons i'm not gonna start doing the same one over and over lmao

it will get nerfed soon so you wont have to do it for long

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Finished exploring the overworld, it was a lot more barren than I hoped and the enemy variety is kinda dull. Got all the zones, waypoints, and strongholds but somehow still have 5-10 undiscovered quests in each area.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This game will live or die on how the season(s) play out and I just know they’re going to massively gently caress those up somehow.

If they pan out anything like D3 then the first couple will be super boring followed by alternating between "minor power creep" and "new feature" until EOL. Plus whatever gets shaken up by expansions.

Unless they come up with some killer ideas it's going to fall into the same rhythm where people play for a week or two (stretched out to a month by the intentional MMO pacing battlepass grind) then abandon it wholesale until the next season.

Swilo fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 12, 2023

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

zoux posted:

Literal altar walkthrough

the traveling nephilim problem

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Acelerion posted:

the traveling nephilim problem

heh, good one

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

acumen posted:

I'm 63 and getting ancestral poo poo in wt4 which is like 800+ ilvl

roger that I will keep pecking away at t4 then.

gonna try sacrificing my skeletons and just keep the golem, pretty sure my blinding death clouds do 95% of my damage anyhow and the 24% non-physical resistance and 16% damage reduction might keep me alive long enough to kill them, even though whats-his-nuts said resistances are useless I'm not starting a spreadsheet to figure all this poo poo out

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Swilo posted:

If they pan out anything like D3 then the first couple will be super boring followed by alternating between "minor power creep" and "new feature" until EOL. Plus whatever gets shaken up by expansions.

Unless they come up with some killer ideas it's going to fall into the same rhythm where people play for a week or two (stretched out to a month by the intentional MMO pacing battlepass grind) then abandon it wholesale until the next season.

I think the first few season are going to be loaded with content, because there is clearly a bunch of stuff that couldn't get done in time. I'd guess the first 3-4 seasons are going to be quite big because that is when they will "finish" the base game. Beyond that, that is when things might start to drop off as their new content gets saved for the expansion.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Swilo posted:

I loved the D3 seasons because they were often tied to some wild fun gimmick AND because they were quick affairs I could knock out in a couple of weeks then put the game down until the next season. Seeing how they try to bridge the gap of making the repeated nature of seasons in terms of “starting” over, however that may look like, while also making the season itself flavorful in terms of new gimmicks, powers, or gameplay. Now that they’re selling an actual season pass I hope they aim for more than D3 journeys without just making everything a ridiculous grind (lol. lmao)

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I don't like the horse. It keeps getting caught on the scenery/monsters, its speed is tied to how close the mouse it to you, and getting off it to do anything necessary (like destroying a blockade or climbing) puts it on cooldown. Getting thrown off it because too many monsters hit you puts it on a 25 second cooldown! I like the dismount attack though.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Lmao, just logged onto twitch for twitch drops (literally the only reason I go near the lovely site), and that fextralife has a Pepe logo behind him. Isn't Pepe still officially recognised as a hate symbol?

loving chuds man. Let me just pick up my stupid cosmetics and not have to think about you.

lmfao

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Have they announced if statues and renown will be redone each season?

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
kinda getting tired of diablo 4's 60+ level grind

especially since blizzard just keeps toggling legendary abilities off at random and the elemental resistance stuff seems completely hosed rn

i unlocked tier 4 pretty early so the only goals i have right now are to gear up and fight uber lilith which seems to be way over powered

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I loved the D3 seasons because they were often tied to some wild fun gimmick AND because they were quick affairs I could knock out in a couple of weeks then put the game down until the next season. Seeing how they try to bridge the gap of making the repeated nature of seasons in terms of “starting” over, however that may look like, while also making the season itself flavorful in terms of new gimmicks, powers, or gameplay. Now that they’re selling an actual season pass I hope they aim for more than D3 journeys without just making everything a ridiculous grind (lol. lmao)

I wonder if we will be able to story skip in seasons if we've beat the campaign already, that's the worst part about PoE seasons.

Especially if the unskippable cutscene bug shows up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pretty sure you can just skip it like you do for alts now. That's how it was in D3.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

bamhand posted:

Have they announced if statues and renown will be redone each season?

the statue bonuses will carry over, but renown doesn't. You can recollect the statues each season for the renown but you won't get anything else from them

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm not seeing any reason to re-do renown. The gold/xp certainly doesn't look worth it. Several posters have mentioned not looking forward to re-doing it and I don't get why you even would.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kaysette posted:

Starfield will probably score better the more hosed up it is.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm sure this got asked before but thread moves quick.

Are altars of Lilith discovered account-wide? or are per character?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Guillermus posted:

I'm sure this got asked before but thread moves quick.

Are altars of Lilith discovered account-wide? or are per character?

On this very page my person. The bonuses carry over. You can discover them again for the renown.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Kaddish posted:

I'm not seeing any reason to re-do renown. The gold/xp certainly doesn't look worth it. Several posters have mentioned not looking forward to re-doing it and I don't get why you even would.

does it help if I tell you I enjoy Euro Truck Simulator

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kaddish posted:

It's 10 skill points and 20 paragon.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Black Griffon posted:

does it help if I tell you I enjoy Euro Truck Simulator

Yeah, that begins to make more sense.

bamhand posted:

One time. They carry over. You don't get those bonuses again. You only get gold/xp for the renown levels on alts.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

bamhand posted:

Yeah this is why you do it. Once you get the paragon points yeah probably not worth grinding out any more but 20 paragon points is huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kaddish posted:

On this very page my person. The bonuses carry over. You can discover them again for the renown.

Oh thanks! I'm 29 now and I guess I'll wait to get the horse to collect them all.