Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

As a feminist I think it's really important for some of our playable cast to have committed some war crimes so I'm glad that Silver Wolf pulled that off really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I swear people have absorbed the whole whacky team rocket thing too much with the Stellaron Hunters. They are goofy and poke fun at each other and overall have a cute dynamic

But they have also caused immense pain and suffering if it aligns with their interest.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

As a feminist I think it's really important for some of our playable cast to have committed some war crimes so I'm glad that Silver Wolf pulled that off really

yup

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Ah, seems i misremembered then.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I love my silly little museum tycoon simulator and my only problem with it is that the game keeps interrupting it with fetch quests on their big dumb overworld

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Gaslight, Gacha, Girlboss

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

boredsatellite posted:

Also don't forget the station was attacked because Silver Wolf led couple of the Antimatter Legion to the place as a diversion so that they could do their thing in the intro

Like sure they didn't physically bloody their hands but the station sidequests and such makes sure to hammer in that people died in the attack.

loving thank you, I was absolutely losing it reading all these posts of "tell me ONE THING the stellaron hunters did wrong, I'll wait :colbert:" when literally their first action within the story is to cause a massacre of innocent research scientists that probably also caused the in universe equivalent of billions of dollars in property damage and surely destroyed an immeasurable body of scientific work...

That said, I will fault the story for not iterating this point clearly enough to prevent people from missing it. Like when we angrily confront Kafka in the train we could have like, mentioned this maybe

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

blizzardvizard posted:

I love my silly little museum tycoon simulator and my only problem with it is that the game keeps interrupting it with fetch quests on their big dumb overworld

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Izzhov posted:

loving thank you, I was absolutely losing it reading all these posts of "tell me ONE THING the stellaron hunters did wrong, I'll wait :colbert:" when literally their first action within the story is to cause a massacre of innocent research scientists that probably also caused the in universe equivalent of billions of dollars in property damage and surely destroyed an immeasurable body of scientific work...

That said, I will fault the story for not iterating this point clearly enough to prevent people from missing it. Like when we angrily confront Kafka in the train we could have like, mentioned this maybe

too busy rooting through trash cans and giggling at the street lamps to notice the piles of bodies and mass destruction

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Had a good laugh at messing up Seele's resume and then teasing her about her relationship with Bronya. I'm almost sad I finished up the museum minigame, once you've collected all exhibits and have all guest characters and get up to rank 5, you're locked out of continuing it.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

boredsatellite posted:

And that Aeon is dead right now though traces of its... offspring remains

and all the Blazers say they're pretty fly, for a bug guy

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Not So Fast posted:

Gaslight, Gacha, Girlboss

𝓖𝓪𝓼𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽
𝓖𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓪
𝓖𝓲𝓻𝓵𝓫𝓸𝓼𝓼

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Had a good laugh at messing up Seele's resume and then teasing her about her relationship with Bronya. I'm almost sad I finished up the museum minigame, once you've collected all exhibits and have all guest characters and get up to rank 5, you're locked out of continuing it.

You can be locked out even before you collect everything. I think they'll fix that, it's in known issues

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Look Kafka has got to REALLY work to up her atrocity count if she wants to catch up to Makima. Compared to her, girl is sleepwalking.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Also Silver Wolf hacked a space station, put up graffiti, tried to steal a priceless artifact, and worst of all went off to hack the Honkai Impact 3rd servers just in her quest. In a side YouTube video where an owl named Owlbert previews characters, she hacked her telepresence into the show, hacked "a lot of zeroes" into his bank account, and then publicly released his search history.

So. Like. Almost none that is as serious as the Legion thing I somehow forgot about, but that's a lot of crime.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Cool crimes that don't hurt anyone definitely don't count.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Qwertycoatl posted:

You can be locked out even before you collect everything. I think they'll fix that, it's in known issues

I haven't started the event yet, now I'm kinda nervous to do so before this is fixed... quick question, is it even possible to be locked out of the Nameless Honor "unlock 15 exhibits" achievement, or can I at least be assured I'll get that one before being locked?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Unlocking exhibits requires you to complete optional objectives, so if you go out of your way to avoid doing the objectives and just mash "next day" instead then you probably can lock yourself out.

If you engage with the gameplay and actually do the objectives when you're told to then you're gonna be fine.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I saw on Reddit there's a known error with female MC appearing instead of male MC in a final museum picture or cutscene that has people upset.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Izzhov posted:

I haven't started the event yet, now I'm kinda nervous to do so before this is fixed... quick question, is it even possible to be locked out of the Nameless Honor "unlock 15 exhibits" achievement, or can I at least be assured I'll get that one before being locked?

There are I think 21 exhibits so it'll be hard to not get 15.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

bagrada posted:

I saw on Reddit there's a known error with female MC appearing instead of male MC in a final museum picture or cutscene that has people upset.

Yup my male MC got replaced at one point with FemMC in the final mission, and then on the movie projector every shot is of Fem MC.

e: not upset about it, it just made me lol a bit

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Guess we know whos canon

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Reverse Genshin problem, lol

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

bagrada posted:

I sure am. I demand apoligems for this infraction

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gender is a construct, they are both canon

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

silvergoose posted:

Gender is a construct, they are both canon

You should be able to switch at will like with bat vs lance. Complete with sailor moon swirly scene.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It should randomize every time you enter a cutscene or battle, with a 0.005% chance to be replaced by Pom Pom

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Izzhov posted:

on the gripping hand, given what we've seen of the space station destruction of their research is probably at worst a net neutral for people who aren't named Herta

if they'd managed to kill off Capote we'd probably have given them a medal

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Stellaron Hunters are "bad guys" because their whole shtick is "the end justifies the means" instead of trying to work with anyone else to achieve their goals, and they are actually powerful enough to accomplish said goals. They would be considered either "lawful evil" or "chaotic good" depending on whether you think the prophet/seer/whatever dude they follow has the best interests of the universe in mind.

By comparison the Astral Express crew are "good guys" because they always try to work with/within the rules of whoever is in charge of the places they stop at. They would be considered "lawful neutral" or "true neutral".

IIRC the main reason the Express crew hates the Hunters aside from any unstated history is because the mere presence of unsealed stellarons fucks with the pathways the Express uses to travel between stars, so by doing whatever it is the Hunters do with the stellarons they appropriate, it's at best indirectly throwing up roadblocks for the Express crew, and at worst intentionally derailing them.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Izzhov posted:

I mean yes this is what I said. Whenever people get mad about the hunters in game its vague gesturing to them being untrustworthy instead of actually hitting that beat.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The stellaron hunters ain't got nothing on childe

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Maybe the Stellaron Hunters will eventually reach Fatui levels of orphaning children to make them soldiers/test subjects.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

They keep hammering home that a Path can never be closed once opened, so defeating Nanook cannot be the end goal if Elio truly wants to prevent everything's destruction. At best he's hoping the MC (or someone else) will take over as some kind of benevolent Aeon that only ever does a little Destruction, as a treat.

Although rules...are meant to be broken

e: spoilered in case people are still on Herta space station

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 12, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

honkai impact has some cool story stuff but idk what magic power it has that breaks peoples brains into thinking all things need to be tied directly to it forever

Replying to a bit of an older post here, but it does have that Imaginary Tree concept where it sounds like a multiverse thing where different universes are represented as branches on the tree and the Honkai manifests as a sort of counter force to it and the Sea of Quanta's growth.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Even if y'all forgot about Kafka luring the Antimatter Legion to the station, how could you guys overlook that Kafka mind controlled the Cloud solders to follow her command? That's pretty immoral in of itself

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

UHD posted:

too busy rooting through trash cans and giggling at the street lamps to notice the piles of bodies and mass destruction

Hy head-canon interpretation of MC is that they're essentially Patrick Bateman. Superficially capable of blending in with the Star Rail gang, but not above trying to feed a kitten to an ATM.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

NeonPunk posted:

Even if y'all forgot about Kafka luring the Antimatter Legion to the station, how could you guys overlook that Kafka mind controlled the Cloud solders to follow her command? That's pretty immoral in of itself

For every fan of Kafka, that's a feature not a bug.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

wish i could fire some of these low-level random assistants now that i hired some purple tier ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

"mommy mind control"