Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

im Canadian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

im sorry

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

F1 fact: With Latifi no longer racing in Formula 1, Lance Stroll will be the only Canadian on the grid.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

net work error posted:

F1 fact: With Latifi no longer racing in Formula 1, Lance Stroll will be the only Canadian on the grid.

With that kind of encyclopedic knowledge of Canadian formula one superstars I reckon you could take Crofty's job on Sky F1. How is your knowledge of Allen Berg's storied Formula one career?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Only Berg I know is :burger:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Holy poo poo you're perfect to replace him

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 55 minutes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B535h6btGQ

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Hoping the Wall of Champions claims Max this weekend

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Charles Leclerc posted:

With that kind of encyclopedic knowledge of Canadian formula one superstars I reckon you could take Crofty's job on Sky F1. How is your knowledge of Allen Berg's storied Formula one career?
Sod that. I want to know how many times they can say 'undulating' in two hours.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

lance stroll has a very nasally muppet voice and it irks me

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Shoutout to Jonathan Legard though, wonder what he's up to these days.

If "[Vettel/Button]'s on the charge" was in your drinking game, you weren't going to survive the first round of pit stops.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDOxiwR9CUI

:flashfap:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Lusty Grundles posted:

Sod that. I want to know how many times they can say 'undulating' in two hours.

Better game is how many times Paul di Resta can insist on using the r word when talking about braking.

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Charles Leclerc posted:

Better game is how many times Paul di Resta can insist on using the r word when talking about braking.
In between sly digs at Lewis, of course.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

I don’t see any car from the fizzy drinks company winning LeMans anytime soon, seems like they’re not really into racing and mostly into cheating in F1. Congrats to racing with real passione, Forza Ferrari!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Lusty Grundles posted:

In between sly digs at Lewis, of course.

he did seem to let up on that once the lawsuit poo poo blew over, but tbf lewis being bitchmade over team radio when he's doing just fine is always fair game for ridicule

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
It’s not lewis’ fault he sounds like a whiny baby naturally

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

I could've sworn he was Australian when I first started watching. Nobody in this country has that accent.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Sunk Dunk posted:

It’s not lewis’ fault he sounds like a whiny baby naturally

Mods. Please handle.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lusty Grundles posted:

I could've sworn he was Australian when I first started watching. Nobody in this country has that accent.

So immigrants are sub-human? Nice take brah

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

tony quidtana posted:

So immigrants are sub-human? Nice take brah
Absolutely not, I didn't say that. He's from Stevenage, his dad is from Grenada but has an impeccable southern England accent. Ever-so-slight Cockney undertones.

His accent doesn't make any sense to me.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Lewis's accent is American because he's American. You can tell this because he's cool which means therefore that he's American.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lewis hamilton is a man of the world

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

#blessed belongs to no single language, except for Italian, it's not allowed

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Lusty Grundles posted:

Thought you meant di Resta at first and was like “idk he sounds Scottish to me”

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Lusty Grundles posted:

Absolutely not, I didn't say that. He's from Stevenage, his dad is from Grenada but has an impeccable southern England accent. Ever-so-slight Cockney undertones.

His accent doesn't make any sense to me.

he was living w/ McLaren from 13 or so on wasn't he

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

lol
https://twitter.com/LH44updates/status/1668422260065984513

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Let it go Martin

https://twitter.com/MBrundleF1/status/1668364329916178432?t=aGaDfgZU_tLR_XwxRV8xsQ&s=19

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

MustardFacial posted:

Hoping the Wall of Champions claims Max this weekend

That would require him being a champion and not part of a cheating team and being gifted the win in Abu Dhabi 2021...

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

refleks posted:

That would require him being a champion and not part of a cheating team and being gifted the win in Abu Dhabi 2021...
He won last year OP, for the Fizzy Drinks team employs a master airbender.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

So strange 2021 just had a single round to decide the title.

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Abu Dhabi was such a beautiful spectacle though. It was like a wrestling heel turn in slow-motion. Have to say, I do have a bit of sympathy for the folks that hopped on after that and expected every race to be that way.

Reasonably hot take: I wasn't entirely against Bernies' sprinklers idea. I mean, if he was any more of a dinosaur he would've picked up random spectators in his great talons and flown off to an island somewhere. Totally get the sprinklers thing though.

quote:

he was living w/ McLaren from 13 or so on wasn't he
Ah OK. You know, if that's the case then that's fair.

Lusty Grundles fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jun 13, 2023

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Khablam preparing the celebratory cake for Max's 34th WDC for this weekends F1 WDC 2023.6-2 championship

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Zedd posted:

He won last year OP, for the Fizzy Drinks team employs a master airbender.

Yeah that was the first part of my sentence. A cheating fizzy drink company that apparently have to have lobster humidor for breakfast, lunch and dinner and somehow didn't use any of the extra money for their cheating car.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
abu dhabi was a farce but spa 2021 was the worst thing that happened that season

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

ilmucche posted:

abu dhabi was a farce but spa 2021 was the worst thing that happened that season
All I got out of it was that there were a LOT of folks ticked off that Russell got on the podium.

Yeah sure, he has a spot of 'IT company director that lives in Oxfordshire and wears pink shorts an above-average number of times' vibe about him, but I don't find him any more offensive than anyone else on the grid.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lusty Grundles posted:

All I got out of it was that there were a LOT of folks ticked off that Russell got on the podium.

Yeah sure, he has a spot of 'IT company director that lives in Oxfordshire and wears pink shorts an above-average number of times' vibe about him, but I don't find him any more offensive than anyone else on the grid.

if you're looking for people not looking for reasons real or imagined to despise george russell you're not gonna find many of em here lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Lusty Grundles posted:

Wut. Did you just look at the race result and not the fact there was a "race" of 0 green flag laps?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Started season 3, kind of interesting to see who reacted to the pandemic in what ways and when. Kind of wish they showed more of that but not surprised that they didn't dwell on it. Also, is Albon anti-vegan or something? Twice. Unbelievable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

Alaois posted:

if you're looking for people not looking for reasons real or imagined to despise george russell you're not gonna find many of em here lol
Reasonable. There's a lot I don't miss about the F1 subreddit right now.

ilmucche posted:

Wut. Did you just look at the race result and not the fact there was a "race" of 0 green flag laps?
When the race has been and gone, there's not that much you can do about how things went down. Just that they did, and we have to move on to the next one. Sure, the race directors were pretty cowardly about it and it had to have been a pretty miserable experience for the fans that went there in person, but that's not what I was getting at.