Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

GateOfD posted:

Hopefully Kanroji's fight is more interesting. Noted that its emotion demons, and Kanroji is using a 'emotion' named style

well love is the only emotion hes missing, so it's his only weakness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Gazaar posted:

It was OK, but we didn't need like 3 episodes or w/e about this guy.

Exactly. Vase guy sucked, glad he’s dead and no I didn’t want to see his weird vase backstory or whatever the hell he was about. It was a good opportunity to show how good boy Tanjiro’s kindness provided exactly what Tokito was missing to complete his broken-rear end build, now he’s ridiculously stronger and did the needful.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I think the upper demons should be more interesting than weird pervert guy. It’s giving monster of the week like 2/3 of the way through the series except it took like two months.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Gyokko does get a backstory in the data book along with some other details.

Namely he was Muzan’s favourite Upper Rank cause the vases he could make were actually quite pretty, and Muzan could sell them as art objects for a fair amount. This is also how he found the village. One of his vases was sold around and was heading for the sword smith village and Gyokko was using his power to teleport between vases as a spy thing.

His background is that he was born in a fishing village and was a creepy guy who found carcasses, fish, and vases beautiful. Cause he was creepy he was not very well liked, and one day a child started teasing him. His response was to murder the child and stuff him in a vase. The parents of the child eventually found out and stabbed him in response. Before he died of his wound Muzan found him and turned him into a demon. We’re he started primarily targeting children for food and modifying his body to be more like a fish.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I liked this fight in the manga cause the mist techniques were neat visually, which they were in the anime too, but I suppose if you don't care for him having it take three episodes of the arc up might turn you off on it.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Natural 20 posted:

Eh this didn't really land.

There's a time for "Person realises something about themself and gets a huge powerup" but it's usually with a character we're invested in.

Mist boy here has shown up for all of like three seconds and the fight, such as it is, is him being stuck in a bubble for about three episodes and then just bodying the upper rank with little to no flare or back and forth.

If this was Inosuke I'd be going loving wild but honestly it just makes Tengen look like a loser in retrospect for having that much trouble with the sixth rank.

I actually liked the episode and Muichirou, but the bolded part is so loving true.

Seeing our boys in the after-credits scene looking sad and wondering when their turn would be really hit hard.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Not having Inosuke is a sad but necessary sacrifice so we can get rid of Zenitsu for a while.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Blaze Dragon posted:

Not having Inosuke is a sad but necessary sacrifice so we can get rid of Zenitsu for a while.

mods??

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Gazaar posted:

It was OK, but we didn't need like 3 episodes or w/e about this guy.

I feel like the show's got too slow in general. Feels like we're getting a whole season just for two demons who pad things out by never shutting up

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
There shoulda been a slice of life spin-off with Inosuke ragin' and spookin' and feelin' fuzzy. Like Yotsuba with demons.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Qwertycoatl posted:

I feel like the show's got too slow in general. Feels like we're getting a whole season just for two demons who pad things out by never shutting up

Gotta milk that cash cow

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hantengu's Aspects have not been nearly as talkative as Gyokko was.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

even if you can make a lot of arguments for this hashira being super strong op whatever, having one of the upper ranked just come off like a useless jobber sucks.

fights should be back and forth affairs.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

True, look at the other side fighting with the emotion demons. It’s actually fun and hype. Not as much as Daki & Bro. but it hits the same notes

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's fine for a baddie to get mega-owned because they fought someone at the worst possible time they could have. It's fine to have occasional differentiation in fight flow.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Oh Snapple! posted:

It's fine for a baddie to get mega-owned because they fought someone at the worst possible time they could have. It's fine to have occasional differentiation in fight flow.

I kind of agree with this. We've seen Tanjiro get that mega powerup and nearly pull out wins before, so seeing someone more skilled than Tanjiro get the same powerup and go ham on a big bad kind of works for showing what Tanjiro's building towards.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I am admitting compared to the other fights this duo is not giving me the hype. There a lot of dead time in between moments.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I just want tanjiro to get his hands on that new mfin sword already

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Haganezuka's been polishing that ancient katana for so long it's probably just a steel toothpick by now.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Tatsuta Age posted:

I just want tanjiro to get his hands on that new mfin sword already

Not an emptyquote.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Ibblebibble posted:

Haganezuka's been polishing that ancient katana for so long it's probably just a steel toothpick by now.

Tiny sword to behead the tiny demon.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Not much to say, but I still want to talk about it. Mitsuri so good, ufotable still GOAT. I'm amused that the super coward Upper Moon turned out to be the final boss of this arc rather than the two Upper Moons sharing the position like I figured they would.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Only one more episode :negative:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Is Oprah handing out red marks to everyone in the demon slayer corps

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We also get properly inside Hantengu's head for a bit.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

lol @ Kanroji's backstory.

would marry

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
everyone's tragic backstory involves helplessly watching their loved ones being devoured in front of them, and then kanroji's is being born in an era that doesn't appreciate big titty anime waifus

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Not into big titty muscle waifus

Smh an era of poo poo taste

Weaklings

Cowards

They will not survive the winter

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the part they decide cut to ending credits just keeps getting more and more ridiculous each week

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Imagine seeing a small child eating everything in sight and thinking "wow that's weird", obviously none of these people have ever been parents.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

as usual, turns out hard work doesn't matter, its depends on your genetics and bloodline on if your gonna succeed.

also, lol @ her hair changing color because she ate too much of those sakura riceballs

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Daily diet
Bowls of Udon #15
Bowls of Rice #20
Sakura rice balls #170
Someone who is good at dieting please help me fix my hair color, my marriage prospects are dying

Eat less Sakura rice balls

No

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

GateOfD posted:

as usual, turns out hard work doesn't matter, its depends on your genetics and bloodline on if your gonna succeed.

It's my least favorite anime trope

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Eugenics

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

also that Love Hashira x Snake Hashira shipping scene...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GateOfD posted:

also, lol @ her hair changing color because she ate too much of those sakura riceballs

Remember Tanjiro is not actually related to cool Samurai guy.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Guys it's ok if one character is unnaturally strong.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

GateOfD posted:

also that Love Hashira x Snake Hashira shipping scene...

Everyone knows that you can't give socks as a gift until the recipient is at least 30 years old. That's when it becomes something that they actually want to get.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ngl having good work socks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

can't believe that the hashira, the people noted as being the strongest of all the demon slayers, also happen to be people who were genetically gifted