Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Fiesta Mystery Bundle was kind of a dud. Here's some duplicates and stuff I don't want:

If you grab something, say what you've claimed, don't be a dick.

Hook:
XLLQD-7W5G2-*ILXQ
sixth letter of my name

Paw Paw Paw:
EVYGX-5*IVQ-4NMFP
second letter of my name

Mini Thief:
*HBHW-B4XYK-Y2PM8
first letter of my name

Rebel Galaxy:
*569X-E0BBB-P53G0
fifth letter of my name

Star Vikings Forever:
EX6XZ-*YT68-7IHYD
third letter of my name

Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens
RZJ8G-FQ*YH-9WMC*
fourth letter of my name

Hermes: Sibyls Prophecy
5GGQ*-B3739-TGDXY
fifth letter of my name

Hermes: War of the Gods
6*2TB-0JN70-Q9E0Q
first letter of my name

Garbage:
QAB**-E247Y-AXDZT
numbered Nintendo console that originally had Ocarina of Time (two different numbers)

Goat of Duty:
QZ3LB-79Z5C-*TK*2
Filmmaker *ong Kar-*ai directed the film In The Mood For Love

I just wanted to win a cheaper copy of Dredge. :( Anyway, have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Franchescanado posted:

The Fiesta Mystery Bundle was kind of a dud. Here's some duplicates and stuff I don't want:

Rebel Galaxy:
*569X-E0BBB-P53G0
fifth letter of my name

Claimed this, thank you

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Franchescanado posted:

I just wanted to win a cheaper copy of Dredge. :(

That stuff never works. It's a gacha-like scam.

Summer Steam sale is starting in a few days (end of the month). Just be patient and you'll likely snag the game cheaper.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I got Star Vikings Forever, thanks!

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Franchescanado posted:

all of them were already claimed except for goat of duty, so thanks for that one

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I hope y'all enjoy!

Saoshyant posted:

That stuff never works. It's a gacha-like scam.

Summer Steam sale is starting in a few days (end of the month). Just be patient and you'll likely snag the game cheaper.

The first Fanatical mystery bundle was a pretty good haul, but it's been dwindling returns since. At least I can share some codes with goons.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Franchescanado posted:

The first Fanatical mystery bundle was a pretty good haul, but it's been dwindling returns since. At least I can share some codes with goons.
I'm a huge Fanatical bundle enthusiast (thanks, Steam Deck!) and even I'm not tempted by the mystery bundles knowing the dregs they must have in their key inventory.
That being said, I do enjoy when they toss on a free key when I buy a bundle over $10 or whatever.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Humble Bundle was the only mystery game thing that ever had actually good games, and that ended when they got bought.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Not really. If anything the quality went up.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

John Murdoch posted:

Not really. If anything the quality went up.

Disagree. There were more triple A games, but those were and are hardly staples of quality.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You take that back about Forespoken, Jedi Survivor, Dead Space, The Callisto Protocol, Gollum, and all the other games that have launched recently with literally unbelievably bad performance!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

lol im talking even earlier than that. Fuckinnn medal of honour was one of the first games i got post buyout and i literally cant believe anyone would pay for that railshooter trash. The buyout represents the moment humble bundle went from indie games with at least some semblance of soul, to just making GBS threads out a single publisher's worst mistakes all for the low low cost of 20£!!!!

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 13, 2023

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

alexandriao posted:

lol im talking even earlier than that. Fuckinnn medal of honour was one of the first games i got post buyout and i literally cant believe anyone would pay for that railshooter trash. The buyout represents the moment humble bundle went from indie games with at least some semblance of soul, to just making GBS threads out a single publisher's worst mistakes all for the low low cost of 20£!!!!

What on earth are you talking about?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah wait what? I was joking about modern releases but how was Humble at all involved or responsible for EA's MoH snafu?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
there's a pretty big difference between what games humble chooses to curate and sell in bundles (which has always been hit or miss IMO but even more so nowadays now that people already have all the games that are likely to get bundled) + what humble sells on their storefront (which is, like, pretty much every game out there on pc because it's an online game storefront)

blaming humble for the lovely medal of honor game would be like blaming steam for LOTR: Golum

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
No one is blaming Humble Bundle for Medal of Honor being poo poo, they're saying bundle quality went down and now includes a fair bit of triple A trash instead of just indie games that might at least be interesting if bad.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
IIRC, Medal of Honor was in an actual bundle once like...8 years ago. It was explicitly an EA bundle for EA games to be redeemed on EA's client where you got exactly what you paid for.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that wasn't the terrible medal of honor rail shooter though, that was medal of honor 2010 which wasn't *great* but was at least mediocre. it was also a dollar according to ITAD

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

TGLT posted:

No one is blaming Humble Bundle for Medal of Honor being poo poo, they're saying bundle quality went down and now includes a fair bit of triple A trash instead of just indie games that might at least be interesting if bad.

yep

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Except it's a bizarre take if your key example is a single bad AAA game they sold as part of one AAA bundle however long ago. And it wasn't even a blind bundle, which is what we were talking about in the first place.

Like they're literally running a killer Metroidvania bundle right now that is 100% indie stuff. The Monthly/Choice did eventually shift format to include more high profile games, but they still include plenty of good indie picks too? And the AAA picks vary just as much as the rest, you can't seriously tell me Death Stranding is at the same level of quality as Fallout 76, for instance. In fact, I went back through the last year~ or so of bundles, and several haven't actually had a AAA headliner at all.

Funny thing too is that one of the most infamously bad bundles they ever did, where one of the WWE2k games was the headliner, happened well before the buyout.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
The only 'AAA' PC game that I've looked forward to in ages is the System Shock Remake, in part due to the fact that it took so long to come out that people thought that it was going to be vapourware. GOG has recently come out with some actual Good Old Games, or at least those that resemble good old games, such as Star General and 'The Castle' (if you haven't heard of this, it's Maniac Mansion with, well, a spooky castle and vampires). These are all very good, but in terms of modern games that's about it. Well, there is the RE4 remake, but I'm not paying that much for a visual upgrade and possible gameplay downgrade of a game that I already own on multiple platforms.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Re4r was great though

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

John Murdoch posted:

IIRC, Medal of Honor was in an actual bundle once like...8 years ago. It was explicitly an EA bundle for EA games to be redeemed on EA's client where you got exactly what you paid for.

I think that's the same bundle that had all 3 dead space games which was worth having to go through all the effort of installing a second launcher

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
Crusader Kings II is currently free on Gog.

Edit: Apparently it's also free on Steam. I'm not sure if this is permanently free or not.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I believe the base game of CK2 has been free for years.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Yeah, since 2019. New on GOG, I believe.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 14, 2023

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Every so often GOG comes out with an old or old-life game that makes me pop. For example, a week or so ago they brought back Star General. Slightly more recently, they released a game called 'the Castle' which is obviously Maniac Mansion, but with vampires.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Guacamelee 1 and 2 up on Epic. Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms and theHunter: Call of the Wild up next.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Xander77 posted:

Guacamelee 1 and 2 up on Epic. Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms and theHunter: Call of the Wild up next.

Thank you. I would never remember the Epic claims if not reminded.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Xander77 posted:

Idle Champions is a free to play idle game anyway, so probably more heroes for free or some boost or another. Does anyone know if Hunter: Call of the Wild is any good?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

DoubleNegative posted:

Does anyone know if Hunter: Call of the Wild is any good?

Its a very well done hunting game.
I'm not really a fan of games that sell a cheap base game and nickel and dime you with DLC, but I got it cheap awhile back from Humble and have enjoyed my time in it.
Not sure whats going to come with it, but if it has at least a few of the maps or gun packs then its a good game.
Even the starter map is pretty good.

The only DLC that I think are 'mandatory' are the hunting blinds, 4x4 and maybe the tracker dog.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The base game is more than enough and, after years of patches, is great.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Fanatical is doing a Rewards Week for those who subscribe to their e-mail newsletter. Free games or things every day via e-mail.

The first free game is Alchemy Garden.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

OgNar posted:

Its a very well done hunting game.
I'm not really a fan of games that sell a cheap base game and nickel and dime you with DLC, but I got it cheap awhile back from Humble and have enjoyed my time in it.
Not sure whats going to come with it, but if it has at least a few of the maps or gun packs then its a good game.
Even the starter map is pretty good.

The only DLC that I think are 'mandatory' are the hunting blinds, 4x4 and maybe the tracker dog.

I wouldn't even really consider those mandatory. They do offer some QoL though. The game is great and I sunk a ridiculous amount of time into it before my computer died.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

DoubleNegative posted:

Does anyone know if Hunter: Call of the Wild is any good?
It's excellent. It has the most beautiful outdoor environments of any game so far.

The anti-aliasing in the engine sucks so if you have enough GPU power to use supersampling it looks the best.

strange feelings re Daisy fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 16, 2023

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Xander77 posted:

Guacamelee 1 and 2 up on Epic.

Highly recommended playing these if you haven't! Some of the more fun Metroidvanias I've played

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
GoG is now giving away Sigma Theory. Which I have no idea what that is. But it's free!

e: Oh poo poo it looks cool as gently caress!

https://www.gog.com/en/game/sigma_theory_global_cold_war

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

It's excellent. It has the most beautiful outdoor environments of any game so far.

This is no exaggeration. It seriously has the prettiest natural environments I've ever seen in a game. Even if you had no interest in gunning down defenceless bunnies, you could still straight up play it as an extremely chill hiking sim.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Drunk in Space posted:

This is no exaggeration. It seriously has the prettiest natural environments I've ever seen in a game. Even if you had no interest in gunning down defenceless bunnies, you could still straight up play it as an extremely chill hiking sim.

I couldn't even play a hunting video game - I'm too much of a teddy bear to kill even virtual animals. A beautiful doe ran past me the other day, no more than two or three metres away, and all I wanted to do was hug it and maybe give it whatever deer enjoy eating - hopefully bread with jam and breakfast cereal, because that's about all I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

JustJeff88 posted:

I couldn't even play a hunting video game - I'm too much of a teddy bear to kill even virtual animals. A beautiful doe ran past me the other day, no more than two or three metres away, and all I wanted to do was hug it and maybe give it whatever deer enjoy eating - hopefully bread with jam and breakfast cereal, because that's about all I have.

You have a camera and binoculars in the game. I believe you can play it as a nature walk, and take snapshots instead of the hurty kind.