Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Murderers row on today's ep. Jack Quaid comes back as a delightfully energetic guest and Dr.John, Lily Sullivan doing Bridget Jones, and Carl Tart nailing the crypt keeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Man, either the Crypt Keeper lost his touch with puns, or he’s a master on a level unreachable by anyone else on earth

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I loved Carl's very confident "prompt me!" before successfully landing zero puns for the rest of the episode

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Gemberling and Ozeri really brought the pervert weirdo energy today.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Gemberling and Ozeri really brought the pervert weirdo energy today.

My thinking listening to this episode: "this is all a bit too normal for Gemberli- ah there it is"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I really love any Gemberling or Ozeri bits. It's always dumb as hell and I always end up choking with laughter.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

I really love any Gemberling or Ozeri bits. It's always dumb as hell and I always end up choking with laughter.

I still get "Sparkelonious needed you, Sparkelonious wanted you" in my head constantly. Gil is a madman.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Will Sasso is the guest on this week's CBB presents (playing mr freeze in a batmin episode)--I had forgotten about him, I hope he's doing well

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Another perfect appearance from Gil. The juxtaposition of banal "only 90's kids will remember" stuff and the absurd scenarios/dark thoughts worked so well, especially with how quickly and abruptly he'd ping-pong between them.

"You decide to go into JCPenny and hurt someone."

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

What was the music Gil was playing? I recognized that first track but I can't place it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV4kub8RpLo

This was one of the tracks.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
"What if Gil brought in a loud machine and made it so nobody else could talk" remains the funniest bit idea on CBB.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

"What if Gil brought in a loud machine and made it so nobody else could talk" remains the funniest bit idea on CBB.

I really admire his dedication to not letting anyone stop him from getting to his thing. If anyone tries he just talks over them lol

it's something that shouldn't work with the energy of the show, yet it always does?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Speedboat Jones posted:

I still get "Sparkelonious needed you, Sparkelonious wanted you" in my head constantly. Gil is a madman.

The fact that Gil Ozeri just sent Scott the fully-produced Sparkelonious CBB Presents episode unprompted is so amazing.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
*Woody Allen voice* What's going on with the Wagner group?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Scott doing a lot of the heavy lifting on today's ep.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Never know which thread between this and Earwolf is more appropriate for stuff sometimes, but I hope this news means the rights to some back catalog stuff can be acquired for CBBW to fill in some gaps now.

quote:

Dear Stitcher Listener,

We have decided to discontinue operation of the Stitcher app and website effective August 29, 2023.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity over the last decade to create the best possible podcast listening experience. The podcast ecosystem would not be where it is today without listeners like you. Please be sure to continue to support all of your favorite shows wherever they can be found.

We realize you may have some questions and, hopefully, the information below will help you understand how this change affects you.

Thank you again for allowing us to be part of your podcast routine. We truly appreciate your support.

- The Stitcher Team

What does this mean for me?
On August 29, 2023, the Stitcher app and web listening experience will be disabled. At that time, you will no longer be able to access your shows, downloads, preferences or listening history. Additionally, the app will no longer be able to be downloaded from the app stores. Most show pages on the stitcher.com website will be redirected to our sister app, Pandora.

Will I be able to transfer my shows and listening history to another app?
Yes. You may export the list of shows you listen to via what’s called an OPML Export. This must be completed before the app shuts down on August 29, 2023. To find export instructions, please see our FAQs here.

For more information, please visit our FAQ page here.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

If Scott was getting impatient with that fifteen minute explanation of Buddhist beliefs, he did a hell of a job hiding it. He usually gets pretty sarcastic in that kind of situation.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
True to form, Stitcher will get discontinued but then continue on uninterrupted anyway.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
drat, what a shame. I really enjoyed being able to listen to the I4H back catalogue for free because nobody shut off my access after I canceled premium several years ago.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I hope this doesn't affect the feeds I'm pretty sure I haven't paid for in 2 years.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Ozeri is on today’s College Town if you aren’t subscribed.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

0konner posted:

Ozeri is on today’s College Town if you aren’t subscribed.

Gil is such a weird goblin person, a real sicko.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

feedmyleg posted:

drat, what a shame. I really enjoyed being able to listen to the I4H back catalogue for free because nobody shut off my access after I canceled premium several years ago.

SpacePig posted:

I hope this doesn't affect the feeds I'm pretty sure I haven't paid for in 2 years.

I swear I’m the only person who cancelled Stitcher and it actually did cancel.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I swear I’m the only person who cancelled Stitcher and it actually did cancel.

The trick is to not cancel it yourself. My old card expired, I never entered the new one, and haven't logged into Stitcher proper since.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I really hope the Neighborhood Listen can move to CBB world now.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
It's honestly hard to tell from the language if they're just getting rid of the app, or if all the shows are going, too. I would love for the Neighborhood Listen to be a CBB World show. Would even take it as just a part of CBB Presents, since they do it in seasons anyway.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Rest in piss stitcher

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SpacePig posted:

It's honestly hard to tell from the language if they're just getting rid of the app, or if all the shows are going, too. I would love for the Neighborhood Listen to be a CBB World show. Would even take it as just a part of CBB Presents, since they do it in seasons anyway.

Stitcher's Death FAQ posted:

What will happen to Stitcher Premium Content?

Hosts/creators will determine availability and accessibility of their shows. To stay updated on the availability of their content, we recommend following the hosts/creators on social media or subscribing to their newsletters. In most cases, you can still listen to ad-supported versions of your favorite podcasts on Pandora or other platforms where these podcasts are available.

It sounds very much like existing Premium shows are being returned to the artists. It would be great if Neighborhood Listen could move somewhere else. (Also, fingers crossed that this fast-forwards the addition of catalog episodes to the Teacher's Lounge archive feed.)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just redownloaded the stitcher app and my account did indeed log me in and let me play something premium. So I guess my account expiring and correctly not working was a glitch they in fact fixed probably years ago ha.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Hey Randy and an Eat Pray Dunk in the same week? Please Mr Auckerman I can only handle so much.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I'm surprised Hey Randy hasn't spun off yet. Easily the crown jewel of CBB Presents, which on the one hand makes keeping it there make sense. But it's so fully realised by now that it could hold water as it's own thing easily.

O O O Opa Randy style

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I'm surprised Hey Randy hasn't spun off yet. Easily the crown jewel of CBB Presents, which on the one hand makes keeping it there make sense. But it's so fully realised by now that it could hold water as it's own thing easily.

O O O Opa Randy style

God it's so good. I'd love it to be its own weekly/biweekly thing, but only if they could keep up the quality

Tim Baltz is great on Righteous Gemstones, too, playing a completely different type of character, you should all watch that if you aren't. Everything about it is amazing really. Lily shows up playing his sister for an episode

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ainsley McTree posted:

God it's so good. I'd love it to be its own weekly/biweekly thing, but only if they could keep up the quality

Tim Baltz is great on Righteous Gemstones, too, playing a completely different type of character, you should all watch that if you aren't. Everything about it is amazing really. Lily shows up playing his sister for an episode

I've really been wanting to check it out. The whole church entertainers thing about the plot looks like it'll be right up my alley.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Speedboat Jones posted:

I've really been wanting to check it out. The whole church entertainers thing about the plot looks like it'll be right up my alley.

It's one of those shows where my favorite character is whichever one is currently talking, but if I had to pick one, it'd be Edi Paterson's (nsfw for language). There's some bean dip DNA in there

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's one of those shows where my favorite character is whichever one is currently talking, but if I had to pick one, it'd be Edi Paterson's (nsfw for language). There's some bean dip DNA in there

She’s great in Vice Principals too

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I love Hey Randy but it's also so much that I'm happy that it's a monthly show. That makes it special for both audience to hear and for the performers getting to play in that space.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Ainsley McTree posted:

I enjoyed Season 1 and am working through Season 2, and Edi is really what makes each episode pop. It's almost jarring when they do need her to act normal for a few lines just to get some exposition across.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

I love when her voices goes into bean dip mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
there are people who don't watch righteous gemstones? stupid bitches